What's new

Jef Stone- Ethics complaints filed

AnonKat

Crusader
Posted on WWP by anonymous, I suggest COMMENTING the hell out of the article, Yes it takes comments without a filter.

http://sdrostra.com/?p=5194&cpage=1#comment-53776

Found this on internets...full article linked below,
here is an excerpt:

"Yesterday, my organization, Taxpayers Advocate, filed two formal complaints against Stone for as many as forty violations of the state campaign finance laws.

Stone failed to disclose contributions greater than $1,000 on the Internet, as required by state law (Cal government Code Section 85309). Under the California Political Reform Act — the state law adopted by voters that governs campaign finance in California, legislative candidates that report more than $50,000 in political donations are required to electronically file their campaign finance statements.

State candidates who receive contributions of $1,000 or more during the 90 days immediately preceding an election are required to electronically file a report to the Secretary of State disclosing each of these contributions within 24 hours of their receipt.

Stone’s recent campaign filings filed on May 27, 2010, show at least 41 instances of donations that he failed to properly disclose within the 24 hour period beginning on March 10, 2010. Stone’s campaign meets all the requirements for this provision and should have reported each and every donation over $1,000 within 24 hours to the California Secretary of State as of the March 10, 2010.

Stone has failed to electronically report at least $100,000 in contributions greater than $1,000, at least 41 separate contributions and each one may be considered a violation of the state Political Reform Act. If found to have violated state campaign finance laws, Stone could be subject to significant fines as each violation is subject to a maximum fine of $5,000, and potential criminal prosecution in the most extreme cases, by the state Fair Political Practices Commission.

The truly appalling thing is that despite his continued attacks against Anderson, this is not the first time that Stone has ran afoul of state campaign finance laws. Previously, he was fined $2,000 by the Fair Political Practices Committee for destroying campaign finance records from a previous State Assembly race in 2000. Stone was found to have destroyed a $40,000 cashier’s check, which made it impossible to audit the finances of his previous Assembly campaign.

I have filed a second complaint against Stone for his violation of the states conflict of interest law by voting to donate funds to an organization that was his tenant in a property that he owns.

On June 16, 2009, Stone brought a motion to the Riverside County Board of Supervisors to donate $49,322 in taxpayer funds to five organizations. One of these organizations, the Senior Services Center Emergency Food Program was a tenant of Supervisor Stone’s at the time. Supervisor Stone not only brought the motion to the board, he also made the motion and voted on it.

The organization received a total of $9,864 as a result of the vote in a year that it also paid Jeff Stone a total of $24,000 in rent according to his Statement of Economic Interest for 2009 which appears to be a violation of the state’s conflict of interest law."

Full article here:

http://sdrostra.com/?p=5194&cpage=1#comment-53776

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
This post is great. It is a prime example of scientology's covert manipulation of politics while assuming they are above the law. Jeff Stone should step back now before he's really in the soup.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
True, true. Good point. But then idea of the cofs getting there tentacles into politics wherever they they can weasel should be nipped in the bud!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Here is the latest. A comment from the admin there:

Rostra Administrator (Thor's Assistant) says:
June 5, 2010 at 4:07 pm
Ok, people. Mr. Stone may have voted to benefit the Scientologists, which may be a fact, but it would be an OPINION that such a vote involved bribes. Unless you have absolute proof of such an allegation, we don’t allow unfounded accusations on Rostra, regardless of the candidate. We also don’t allow even mild foul language. If you are not intelligent enough to engage in fair debate over policy differences without making libelous accusations, or without using inappropriate language, please go somewhere else. This will be your last warning. Thank you.
------------------------

I don't know if my comment will be posted there but here's my 2 cents for the residents:

Stone’s Pattern of Abuse Should Disqualify Him in Minds of Voters
Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Where there is smoke, their is fire. Keep digging. This man Jeff Stone, has repeatedly shown blatant disregard for the citizens of Riverside County at the expense of his special interest people and groups, which include the Church of Scientology. I suspect that this is why we have not seen Stone's financial reports. What a hypocrite!

If you want to see how Stone reps the people, watch him on YouTube. I have never see such an arrogant and condesending man. I watched many videos of supervisor meetings where in Stone would ignore the speech of one elderly resident, Robert Mabee, every single meeting for over 2 years because the content accused him of being corrupt and being in the pocket of the DA regarding the dangerous and illegally addressed flood control issues of his area. Watch how he is treated by Jeff Stone. For shame!!
Robert Mabee's 50th address to Riverside County Supervisors Apr. 28, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVWnV8NY2pc

Scientology: Dec. 15, 2009 (1/3) Illegal Grading at Golden Era Productions
In this excerpt, the Riverside County Supervisors vote to impose sanctions against a private property owner for grading without a permit. Robert Mabee, is not the owner, but he speaks in this video against the county's indulgence with respect to the Church of Scientology for the grading it performed without a permit over many weeks at Golden Era Productions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R51a4TxOQ7c

I don't know Joel Anderson but if I lived in that district, I would vote for him just so Stone the snake does not bring his hyprocracy and his distain for the needs of the citizens, to the state level.

Mary

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
This post is great. It is a prime example of scientology's covert manipulation of politics while assuming they are above the law. Jeff Stone should step back now before he's really in the soup.

Very true AD.

We must also remember that in the history of politics, there have been many who are not related to nor support Scn that have also considered themselves to be above the law.

-PWC