What's new

Jenna Miscavige Hill's book: media & reviews

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Re: Jenna Miscavige Hill's upcoming book: media & reviews

I don't know if anyone posted about this but on Jenna's book page at Amazon, if you scroll down a bit, there is an Amazon interview video of her, which I think everyone would benefit from watching:
Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape

I recently read Jenna's excellent book, along with Wright's Going Clear, Lucas Catton's Have You Told All? My Time With Narconon and Scientology, Vance Woodward's Addicted to Scientology: Overcoming the Ups & Downs of Scientoloholism, and Sweeney's The Church of Fear: Inside The Weird World of Scientology

These are all terrific reads. I think it's important to promote them, although I am a bit behind in doing that. I was juggling the reading of the books with other activities but I am done with all of them and I will be writing reviews here and on Amazon for them all over the next week. I really enjoyed the reviews posted here and at Amazon. I hope others write reviews as well.

Thanks for the reminder on "Have You Told All", Mary. I ordered it after seeing one of your blog posts with the link the other day.

Sort of off topic - my father-in-law was peering through my bookshelf, looking for some good books to read and I had to chuckle when the only thing this very soft-spoken man said (in a loud voice) after a few minutes was "Scientology???!!" I didn't even know how to respond outside of "don't ask unless you have a few hours".

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron

Hot news for Jenna fans! Three full hours of Jenna
on Coast to Coast AM Saturday night.

TS_coast_logo.jpg

Saturday February 23, 2013

Hosted by John B. Wells

Guest: Jenna Miscavige Hill, niece of Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige,
was raised as a Scientologist but left the controversial religion in 2005. She joins John
Wells to share he
r true story of life inside the upper ranks of the sect, and her ultimate
escape.

Typically, hour one is a different guest.

Hours two and three with the featured guest and then a third hour of call-in from
around the country with the guest.

Blownforgood
did two of these programs and they were good. Got to spread his
wings a bit and cover more topics and questions than he would have normally in a
one-hour radio interview.

Coast to Coast AM
is on local stations nightly as well as SiriusXM satellite radio.

Check for stations here: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/stations

Usually the programs are available on YouTube within a day or two.

champagne-088.gif
new-years-eve-emoticon-msn.gif
champagne-088.gif

Thank you so much for posting this. I love to listen to these while I clean the house. The longer ones you can really get more indepth, and Jenna is a great interview. Awesome.

Teanntás

Jenna Miscaviage Hill on Coast to Coast AM

Inside Scientology
Sat 02-23
Jenna Miscavige Hill, niece of Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige, was raised as a Scientologist but left the controversial religion in 2005. She joins John B. Wells to share her true story of life inside the upper ranks of the sect, and her ultimate escape.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

(Draws approx 3 million listeners)

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Re: Jenna Miscaviage Hill on Coast to Coast AM

I've been listening to this show for many years. I didn't know that Jenna was going to be on, and was thrilled when I turned on the radio and there she was! Unfortunately I fell asleep for most of the interview :faceslap:. I had seen her interviewed on several TV shows, but I thought that she came across best on radio. Maybe the TV interviews polished her up. She sounded warm, sincere, believable, and was very hard on the CoS. I was persuaded to buy her book. I hope they have her back and I can stay awake.

Teanntás

I've been listening to this show for many years. I didn't know that Jenna was going to be on, and was thrilled when I turned on the radio and there she was! Unfortunately I fell asleep for most of the interview :faceslap:. I had seen her interviewed on several TV shows, but I thought that she came across best on radio. Maybe the TV interviews polished her up. She sounded warm, sincere, believable, and was very hard on the CoS. I was persuaded to buy her book. I hope they have her back and I can stay awake.

In the past 4 hours her book has jumped from #229 to #192 on Amazon's best seller list.

Veda

Sponsor

Thanks to Teanntás for the heads up on Jenna's appearance on Coast to Coast AM.

For those who missed it, old programs can be heard by clicking the link, above, and going to the Coast to Coast web site.

I did stay awake, and now I'm going to be functioning on three hours sleep for the rest of the day. Oh well.

Jenna did very well. She was outstanding. She's a truth teller.

It's a relief to see that she has not fallen prey to being "re-handled" by the outside the CofS Scientology PR people. She simply tells it as it is, in her own sweet way.

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious

I think you have to be a paid subscriber to listen to archived shows on coasttocoastam.com. If there's a way to listen for free, please let us know. Thanks.

Lone Star

Crusader

I think you have to be a paid subscriber to listen to archived shows on coasttocoastam.com. If there's a way to listen for free, please let us know. Thanks.

Check YouTube later today and throughout the week. It'll show up. Many other recent programs are on YT.

Veda

Sponsor

Yep. You're right. Bummer.

YouTube is loaded with Coast to Coast programs, so Lone Star's recommendation, above, seems realistic.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Did the same exact thing! Came on way past my bedtime, but I caught pieces of it. She is very sincere, believable.

Xenu's Boyfriend

I loved this interview. It's the longest one she's given that I've heard and she is able to really take time, answer lots of questions and go very deep. Jenna seems unflappable. She is honest and clear - and when she doesn't know something, she says, "I don't know." I love that she is going everywhere and telling her story...she's very brave.

I admire

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

I loved this interview. It's the longest one she's given that I've heard and she is able to really take time, answer lots of questions and go very deep. Jenna seems unflappable. She is honest and clear - and when she doesn't know something, she says, "I don't know." I love that she is going everywhere and telling her story...she's very brave.

I admire

Yes! This was a wonderful interview, nice and long. John B. seems sincerely creeped out by $CN but he's trying to be a good boy. Jenna does an excellent job of carrying the interview.

Xenu's Boyfriend

Yes! This was a wonderful interview, nice and long. John B. seems sincerely creeped out by $CN but he's trying to be a good boy. Jenna does an excellent job of carrying the interview.

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to know how they are dealing with the fallout from this in the church....who got blamed because Jenna is speaking out? What are they saying behind closed doors? What is it like to watch TV and see your own niece telling millions of people that you are evil?

And Jenna is reaching a lot of people. I think lots are buying Wrights book (but may or may not read it - you know people are) but Jenna's book reads like a thriller - you can't put it down. I'm in the middle of Wright's book now, and I love it. He's such a clear writer.

Techless

Patron Meritorious

Yep. You're right. Bummer.

YouTube is loaded with Coast to Coast programs, so Lone Star's recommendation, above, seems realistic.

Guys - just went to youtube link past hour or (Tues 26th) and am listening now - so you can check out any time for free.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
JENNA MISCAVIGE HILL’S MEMOIR GETS A RINGING ENDORSEMENT IN THE FRENCH SENATE

From WWP: https://whyweprotest.net/community/...nna-miscavige-hill.108759/page-8#post-2281651
Today, Tony Ortega posted this:

JENNA MISCAVIGE HILL’S MEMOIR GETS A RINGING ENDORSEMENT IN THE FRENCH SENATE

Our man in Paris, Jonny Jacobsen, sent us this dispatch on a remarkable moment in France’s upper legislative body.

Tuesday evening, former Scientologist Roger Gonnet testified before France’s Senate committee of inquiry into the influence of cult-like movements in the health sector.

As in the United States, the Senate is the upper house of France’s two-tier parliamentary chamber and as such carries a certain gravitas.

And at least one of the senators had been doing her homework.

Senator Muguette Dini said she had read Jenna Miscavige Hill’s memoir, Beyond Belief, about her time growing up in Scientology (already translated into French).

She had read it over a weekend, she said: “I devoured it.” And her verdict? “Very edifying: excellent!”

Senator Dini is from the centrist UDI: the Union of Democrats and Independents. (You can see where it sits ideologically by looking at this graphic of the Senate’s political representation.)

But in any case for years now — at least since the Solar Temple murder-suicides of the mid-1990s — there has been a cross-party consensus on cults in general and Scientology in particular: they are not fans.

Another senator asked Gonnet if he thought Hill’s book was an accurate account. Gonnet replied that while he could not vouch for every detail — some of what he had read there was new to him — so far as he could tell it was an absolutely accurate account.

Gonnet testified on his experience in Scientology in the early 1970s to mid-1980s. He and his family spent eight years inside the movement.

He explained how he set up a branch in Lyon and, having translated the relevant texts into French, ran the first Purification Rundowns there.

He told how he almost lost one of his clients there — making it clear that if he had followed the procedure set out by Hubbard, in his view his client would almost certainly have died. (He sketched out this story during his testimony in the 2009 Paris trial.)

The committee is due to deliver its report on April 10.

From http://tonyortega.org/2013/03/06/wednesday-story/

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

New BBC article (short) and video with Jenna:

Ex-scientologist: I was brainwashed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21713420

Church replies:

We asked the Church of Scientology for an interview - they declined, but said in a statement: "We note that recollections in Ms Hill's book about her schooling are dramatically at odds with the recollections of 30 of her classmates.
------------------

How do they know the recollections of 30 of her classmates? Have her 30 classmates even written their recollections down anywhere? That just sounds kind of creepy, like they went out and MADE SURE the recollections of 30 of her classmates wouldn't confirm what Jeanna has written.