What's new

Jenna Miscavige Hill's book: media & reviews

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Re: Jenna Miscavige Hill's upcoming book: media & reviews

The German translation of Jenna Miscavige Hill's book will be released on April 15, 2013:
http://www.amazon.de/geheimes-Scientology-dramatische-Flucht-ebook/dp/B00BOAFYO2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363491338&sr=8-2
51X0qo9uf0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
Re: Bitty

I thought it might be a good idea to give a little more info on my issue with Bitty Miscavige. I know that it’s great that Jenna wrote that book and I know it seems mean spirited to dump on her mom.

Starting around the late 80s, there was a huge push to get all the orgs renovated. It started with the orgs at Int (like Gold) then the HGB (the management building in LA), then Flag, then the SO bases. Following that was the Class V Orgs (the “ideal” orgs).

I have to say I don’t have all of the information as to how it went with all the renos projects. I was staff in PAC; so that one I know about. I heard stuff about Flag, and Gold, CC and the HGB. I have pieces of what occurred, but not everything.

To get these renos done in the ridiculous time frames they were given to be done, you had to have a huge team of people to do them. And to keep the cost down, they needed to be a team of people who got paid essentially nothing. Long story short: the first stage of any Scientology renos evolution was to put a big RPF there.

So, how it would go is this. And, like I said, I’m most familiar with PAC, but from what I got, they all pretty much went this way.

It would start with a big “ethics mission”. A CMO/RTC mission would fire into the area. The staff would be ordered to a mandatory muster and told they were all out ethics scum. Staff would be meter checked, sec checked, put under a microscope. Usually there would be some kind of “if the stats aren’t rocketed one person a day would be assigned to the RPF” or some such thing. One way or another, the RPF would swell to a number in the hundreds.

Then the renos would kick in, now that you had all this slave labor to do it.

This wasn’t all that went on, but this was really the core. There were declares and marriages busted up and kids sent away. There were shortened meals and no sleep and white gloves and all kinds of other stuff. But, in the end, it all came down to redoing the buildings.

It happened at Gold. It happened at the HGB. It happened at Flag; more than once. It definitely happened in PAC.

I can’t say for sure that Bitty ran every one of these ethics-through-renos evolutions, but she ran a lot of them. She ran the one at Flag in the early 90s. She ran the Freewinds renos. I blew PAC in 1996, during the middle of the “heavy ethics” part, when long time staff and tech people were getting blown apart right and left. She was running that one.

A lot of staff got ripped apart and destroyed by this. And, yeah, she took her orders from DM. And, yeah, ultimately she may have just been a pawn.

But she was up there, and she was giving the orders, and my friends were getting nuked.

So, sorry I’m such a bitch about this.

But I’ll never forget what it was like. What she was ordering to be done.

And the effects it created.

Those memories will never leave me.

Another twist to Sea Org blame and waste cycles, is that all the while these fads of finding the "who" for every down turn, resulted in many times good staff incorrectly landed and cooling their jets in sidepocket positions.

So scooping them up, was a necessary job, of the CMO thinking types, those that had to go out from Hubbard, pushing the execs to do the appropriate staff checkerboarding, to man up the next big renovations, etc.

I'm sure Bitty witnessed it, for years, and was part of it, but she did not call the main decision to do it, without Miscavige's blessings, not that she isn't aware she was doing a pattern which she had seen Hubbard do on the Apollo and likely for years, during the 60s also, when LRH charmed and cajoled top staff to go to some farflung "org" to salvage it.

Hubbard's patterns of management were probably not dissimilar to other big groups, which checkerboarded people around.

And this checkerboarding is totally part and parcel of the Sea Org early history, firing people on missions.

The renos need for dedicated workers, pulled from the busted dedicated Sea Org overworked personnel pool. I myself thought that it would only come to a final end, when all the older timer dedicated Sea Org people were ripped off and the renos projects were all finally done.

The RPFing to provide personnel pools for renos, is for sure one of the whole big cycles of the Sea Org.

Neil Safarti summarized the cycle hilariously on EXSO chat site, many years ago.

That only DM rose to the position of the sole person who it was "Black PR" to criticize, shows at least for these first 60 years, that the Hubbard administrative model isn't working. It's a model where only the top guy of the pyramid isn't fair game for the RPF.

I asked Janis Grady once if she ever, in her years of being Messenger on Duty for LRH, if she ever saw Hubbard apply lower conditions formulas to himself, or did he do weekly condition writeups, etc. She said no.

I'm sure Bitty would apologize, someday, for her part in the Hubbard driven cycles of insane personnel pools for the renos and Freewinds manning, etc.

LadyBird, I wish you'd write a book! And you Lulu Belle. Or just compile your postings, or someone compile and index everyone's postings, alphabetically, and by subject and chapter of Scientology history.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

or someone compile and index everyone's postings, alphabetically, and by subject and chapter of Scientology history.

Don't look at me! I'm not interested. But in case someone else is, here's how I did Alan's:

1. Go to Advanced Search > Search Single Topic Types
2. Leave all boxes as default selection except ones mentioned here.
3. User name: Pqrst [whatever it is], and click on the appropriate name that comes up. Check the exact name box.
4. Sort results by thread start date.
5. Show results as posts.

In Alan's case, there were 3,303 posts over 133 pages (25 results a page). That number of 3,303 sometimes varied by one or two.

I read through each post, decided whether it was worth preserving or not, and if so copied/pasted it into Notebook to strip out any formatting, then pasted it into an OpenOffice Writer document. I sorted the posts by thread, and post date/time. With Alan's posts I edited some of them to removed typos etc., but many posters on ESMB would require little editing. Those 3300 posts, of which I preserved 1240, took about 75-80 hours to compile.

-----

To do what Chuck suggested is highly unlikely to happen. It would require each and every (relevant) post to be tagged with "subject and chapter of Scientology history" before any compilation is possible. I don't even know what tags would work best apart from a few obvious ones like "RPF"! What do you reckon, Chuck?

Paul

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors

Don't look at me! I'm not interested. But in case someone else is, here's how I did Alan's:

1. Go to Advanced Search > Search Single Topic Types
2. Leave all boxes as default selection except ones mentioned here.
3. User name: Pqrst [whatever it is], and click on the appropriate name that comes up. Check the exact name box.
4. Sort results by thread start date.
5. Show results as posts.

In Alan's case, there were 3,303 posts over 133 pages (25 results a page). That number of 3,303 sometimes varied by one or two.

I read through each post, decided whether it was worth preserving or not, and if so copied/pasted it into Notebook to strip out any formatting, then pasted it into an OpenOffice Writer document. I sorted the posts by thread, and post date/time. With Alan's posts I edited some of them to removed typos etc., but many posters on ESMB would require little editing. Those 3300 posts, of which I preserved 1240, took about 75-80 hours to compile.

-----

To do what Chuck suggested is highly unlikely to happen. It would require each and every (relevant) post to be tagged with "subject and chapter of Scientology history" before any compilation is possible. I don't even know what tags would work best apart from a few obvious ones like "RPF"! What do you reckon, Chuck?

Paul

Well, if your answer is the "hat writeup", then each should do their own, and when people who wrote treasures can't or won't do their own, then we'll use your suggestions to do the work for preserving the treasure comments of those that ought have their comments summarized like you did of Alan's!

Maybe a thread, titled, how to preserve the comments of important commenters, in Scientology history, for the future, and then we'll have that thread as a starting point, for the "preservation."

Little Bear Victor's comments are one batch of comments, which deserve packaging up.

Blownforgood's comments also.

On other chat sites, same goes for lots and lots of commenter.

I've been away from ESMB and Clambake for so long, it's amazing how much material is on these sites, that needs be pulled together into some chapters and books, though, for sure. Even on top of doing like you did with alan's writings.

There is such a wealth of material on the chat sites of Scientology history.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Well, if your answer is the "hat writeup", then each should do their own, and when people who wrote treasures can't or won't do their own, then we'll use your suggestions to do the work for preserving the treasure comments of those that ought have their comments summarized like you did of Alan's!

Maybe a thread, titled, how to preserve the comments of important commentors, in Scientology history, for the future, and then we'll have that thread as a starting point, for the "preservation."

The write-up I gave produced a collection of all the posts from one person that I thought preserving. They were "categorized" by thread and date/time, but that is all. Maybe a post related to the title of the thread it was in, and maybe it didn't. They weren't categorized by subject matter, except incidentally.

All the ESMB posts of important commentators *are* preserved, kind of, as long as the ESMB database remains available, and I think it will. The problem is that there are 780,000 posts here.

By all means start such a thread, Chuck. I know preservation of Scn history that can be mined by scholars is important to you. Maybe it's "merely" a question of culling out the maybe 10,000 posts that could be of historical importance, going through them to categorize them, and stick them in their own database. Then you can pull out all the posts concerning "PAC RPF 1980s" or "FSO Registrar Crimes 1990s" etc. Holes will be discovered, so one could request missing information from people who were there and are still alive and compos mentis.

Preserving LBV's or BFG's ESMB posts is pretty easy, just a bit of copying/pasting as I described above. I don't know how easy it is to select out an individual's posts from OCMB or other chat sites.

Paul

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander

I've often wondered if there's a "back-end plug-in or add-on" for vBulletin,
which could be installed, that would allow people to download all the posts
of a specific poster all in one shot into one text document.

I'm not that technical so I wouldn't know how to find and apply one. :confused2:

I know there's lots of users and forums for vBulletin though.

Has anyone done a search for a feature/mod/hack like this?

Google search: "vBulletin download all posts" for example.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

I'm sure Bitty would apologize, someday, for her part in the Hubbard driven cycles of insane personnel pools for the renos and Freewinds manning, etc.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I haven't seen a whole lot of remorse from any ex-upper level exec who were responsible for implementing stuff like this.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I haven't seen a whole lot of remorse from any ex-upper level exec who were responsible for implementing stuff like this.

That may well be true in your observation. Over the years I've witnessed many admissions by several of the older former senior execs (e.g. David Mayo, aFaceInTheCrowd, Kenneth Urquhart, among others) of their own personal culpability and regrets for any past actions of theirs on behalf of the cult which may have had damaging effects on others.

Admittedly among the more recent crowd of defections among former senior execs there has been much hubris and little humility, unlike many of the earlier apostates.

Mark A. Baker

Sandie

Patron with Honors

Anonycat

Crusader
Church of Scientology opens fire on leader's niece

THE Church of Scientology has fired a withering attack on the niece of the church's leader, after she wrote a book describing how she was brainwashed by the Church and forcibly estranged from her family.

Jenna Miscavige Hill, whose uncle David Miscavige runs the church and is one of Tom Cruise's closest friends, has told about growing up with the church in My Secret Life Inside Scientology.

The Church's international spokeswoman, Karin Pouw, has slammed her claims as "false" and "apostate behaviour", as well as an attempt to "exploit Mr Miscavige's name", AFP reports.

But Ms Miscavige Hill's book contains a number of disturbing allegations, including:

CHILDREN being forced to participate in manual labour – dragging giant rocks around in the sun for a paltry $45 wage
WHEN she turned 13, she had to detail every sexual experience she had ever had to the Church
SHE was prevented from seeing her parents from a young age
SHE had to sign a billion year contract of servitude to Scientology's elite ‘Sea Org' group
EACH class at school ended with three cheers to L Ron Hubbard

Ms Pouw told AFP the Church does not engage in any activities that mistreat children, neglect them or force them to engage in manual labour. "The Church follows all laws with respect to children," she said.

"Those who decide a religious order isn't for them are free to move on with their lives, as Ms Hill did.

"Every religion has its detractors, there is no faith that can satisfy everyone's spiritual needs," she said.

Complete article: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...on-leaders-niece/story-e6frfmqi-1226599769313

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Church of Scientology opens fire on leader's niece

It is not opening fire - it is just the normal (yawn) copy and paste response from an imaginary "spokesperson" from the Cult of Scientology - "bitter, defrocked apostate" "can't satisfy everyone's spiritual needs" deny all allegations - everyone is a liar - we, the Church of Scientology always tell the truth and we have ecclesiastical language that gives us an appearance of a religion:whistling::whistling:

When the world give reviews about companies, religions etc...the world listens. When the company or religion denies every allegation and criticism - the world smells a rat and stays away! they may have better luck by stating things like - we are looking into these allegations and if we find them to be true - we will take care of those horrible abuses and remove those people responsible and make up the damage to the ones harmed...but they continue to apply the TEK!! Carry on Scientology - no one can mess up your "religion" any faster or more complete than you using the Con Man's TEK!!

the canned responses from an imaginary lady named Karen Pouw is soooooooo predictable - and what is hysterical is that the world listens to the books, the reviews, the comments from the apostates and decides based on the accounts of the bitter and defrocked - it is how the world knows what Scientology is and what it is not - it is a cult - it is not a religion that helps anyone including themselves - it only helps the guy at the top - David Miscavige - $$$ - money and power - Scientology is a regime - Miscavige is its current dictator! After him, who will be next - who will be the next dictator to the cult of Scamonology? Karin Pouw?

Anonycat

Crusader

It is not opening fire - it is just the normal (yawn) copy and paste response from an imaginary "spokesperson" from the Cult of Scientology - "bitter, defrocked apostate" "can't satisfy everyone's spiritual needs" deny all allegations - everyone is a liar - we, the Church of Scientology always tell the truth and we have ecclesiastical language that gives us an appearance of a religion:whistling::whistling:

the canned responses from an imaginary lady - what is hysterical is that the world listens to the books, the reviews, the comments from the apostates and decides based on those account of what Scientology is and what it is not - it is a cult - it is not a religion that helps anyone including themselves - it only helps the guy at the top - David Miscavige - $$$ - money and power - Scientology is a regime - Miscavige is its current dictator!

I think old KP has lost credibility.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I think old KP has lost credibility.

The divine justice in this will come to roost (eventually) when Karen Pouw becomes another victim of the cult she serves.

It happens to every Scientologist eventually.

They think they are immune to Fair Game but they are sadly mistaken.

I submit that NOBODY has ever escaped from the sociopathic destruction of the tech; not even Ron "I'm hiding in a Bluebird Motor Home" Hubbard himself.

Give it time, sit back and enjoy. . .

(Greetings to Tommy Davis, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Guilleme LeServe, Debbie Cook, Don Larsen, Heber Jentzch and all those fair game perpetrators who went before who mistakenly thought by applying the criminal policies, they had "risen above" becoming a victim of the vicious cult)

Last edited:

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors

better "apostate behavior" than their prostate flavor. Hopefully they say nice things about me like they did Jenna.

TG1

Angelic Poster

I didn't think it was all that withering. Besides, there probably isn't much to dish on Jenna.

Plus, Jenna's been out there now for months, telling her story. As a PR effort, this Karen Pouw / church effort is pretty pathetic and very late to the party.

KP -- go home.

TG1

Anonycat

Crusader

The divine justice in this will come to roost (eventually) when Karen Pouw becomes another victim of the cult she serves.

It happens to every Scientologist eventually.

They think they are immune to Fair Game but they are sadly mistaken.

I submit that NOBODY has ever escaped from the sociopathic destruction of the tech; not even Ron "I'm hiding in a Bluebird Motor Home" Hubbard himself.

Give it time, sit back and enjoy. . .

(Greetings to Tommy Davis, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Guilleme LeServe, Debbie Cook, Don Larsen, Heber Jentzch and all those fair game perpetrators who went before who mistakenly thought by applying the criminal policies, they had "risen above" becoming a victim of the vicious cult)

I was wondering if KP would take a religious retreat to reaffirm and rejuvenate ... or whatever KP calls the Hole. Now, it could just be my imagination, but she went into a new direction of writing longer, blog inspired PR. Just when I was wondering if she'd been thrown from the meat grinder onto the grill, there she was again.

I think that I fear for her ability to be in an impossible job of lying to the press and public. It will, I believe, fail. And she will either escape or take the punishment she's been taught to expect, and get RPFed.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

"Every religion has its detractors, there is no faith that can satisfy everyone's spiritual needs," she said.

Is this an official statement that Hubbard's "scientific" works have to be taken on faith?

Paul

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

Does anyone having read her book remember coming across a thing where she mentions there are 10 ways a word can be misunderstood? I never heard of that before and I even did the Student Hat and the Academy Levels and read all the books ad nauseum. Is this special Cadet Org tech? Or did it come from Key to life or Miscavige's invented tech?

I'm curious about these so called 10 ways a word can be misunderstood. Anyone know? (Not that I would be applying this tech, heaven forbid. I'm just curious).

Oh, and also there's false information in her book about hubbard's age when he died. She says he was 72. He was in fact 74. I knew she was an SP! LOL

And on page 50 she defines WOG as "Well and Orderly Gentlemen". WTF? The tech dictionary defines it as "Worthy Oriental Gentleman". Or is this another example of a transcriptionist error?
No wonder! She had an MU and subsequently committed overts and later blew scientology! lol

Btw, I loved loved loved Jenna's book! I highly recommend it!

Now, does anyone know about the ten ways a word can be misunderstood? Inquiring reactive minds want to know!

Anonycat

Crusader

Is this an official statement that Hubbard's "scientific" works have to be taken on faith?

Paul

In her oft used word style, she asks the reader to imagine that they are no different than all accepted religions, and share some of the same, acceptable issues that are both within social norms, and legal.