Jenna MIscavige: Two big interviews from the Netherlands

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Dutch paper De Telegraaf now has a story [and a very nice picture :) ]

Dutch: http://www.telegraaf.nl/vrouw/actue...d_is_verpest_door_de_Scientology_Kerk___.html

Improved Google Translation said:
`My childhood is ruined '

by Fides Ciblak

AMSTERDAM

Forced abortions, physical and mental abuse, child labor, and a lie detector. Jenna Miscavige Hill grew up in the Church of Scientology and saw it all.

Like her parents, she was a member of the Sea Org, an elite group within the Church. Until she decided to step out ... With her book Blind Geloof [In English Beyond Belief], which is now in stores, she opens a book on the mysterious world of this controversial "religion". "My life stopped when I was seven years old and signed the so-called the 1-billion-year contract. With this I tied myself in perpetuity to the Church. Life after life."

Tom Cruise

Hollywood stars like Tom Cruise, Juliette Lewis, Kristie Alley and John Travolta are the best known supporters and promoters of the Church of Scientology. They think it's great. For Miscavige Hill (29) the Church was just her hell. She put on her 21st what almost nobody dared: she escaped from the Church of Scientology and thus committed treason. Her story is extra special. She is the niece of the worldwide leader David Miscavige (52) and was very close to power. "My parents went to the church when I was two. They had good jobs and just let their dream house re-build when they suddenly decided to move to Los Angeles and turn over their lives radically. They wanted more in life. "

Carrying rocks

For the frail Miscavige Hill this decision of her parents influenced the rest of her life. She saw them rarely back then. In the beginning only during the "family hour". Later, on her sixth, she was, along with her brother, placed at the Ranch (type of farm type, editor Telegraaf) with eighty other children of Scientologists. "We had a very tight timetable, were never alone, we slept in dormitories, wore uniforms. Saluting and military exercises were the order of the day. We had to carry rocks all day and work the land. Everyone had a job. I had to go see the sick and give them medications, that means vitamins and supplements, because in mainstream medicine the Church doesnt't believe."

Throughout her youth Miscavige Hill felt very alone. The Church makes no distinction between children and adults. The Church believes in reincarnation where old souls return in children's bodies. "When I had a bad dream and woke up crying, I crept to the girl next to me in bed. Affection and compassion were never shown by the adults. As children we actually raised each other. I was only told how bad, how selfish and how untruthful I was. Often I was just like all the other kids placed for hours on the E-meter, a kind of lie detector. These were the so-called reliability checks, in which was tested to what extent you were telling the truth or what your true feelings meant. "

Hollywood Stars

Later unconfirmed sources mention that in total 6000 children were 'raised' by the Church in these children's camps. Inspection of these figures is very difficult, since Scientology makes nothing public. The Church itself claims to have millions of members, however, these figures are probably not more than 500,000 members in 167 countries worldwide.

On her 17th the doubts started. Her parents had already left organization when she was 16. "I began more and more to discover that not I, but they [the church, TrevAnon] were weird. Not me, but they were cunning. Having children was prohibited. I saw friends of mine being forced to abortions. It went from crazy to crazier."

Not Evil

The New Hamphsire born Miscavige Hill got a boyfriend in the Church and with him she was sent on a mission to Australia. They were to build a church for the organization. "I was there for the first time in contact with the outside world, felt for the first time what freedom meant and saw that these people were 'normal' also and mostly very nice. Not as evil as we were taught.”

Once she returned to Los Angeles and wanted out of the Church, she was forced to stay. Her uncle had her locked up. Eventually she threatened suicide. She almost jumped out the window. "It was the only way to force them to let me go. I was not suicidal, but I knew they would be sensitive to my threats, for a dead woman in the organization would mean too much negative attention from the outside world.”

Often crying

Life outside was disappointing for the brave Miscavige Hill. Inside there was always cooked for her and someone else decided what to wear. "I could not even fry an egg, I did not have a driving license or a training or money. In the beginning I often cried and I had nightmares, but at the moment I started talking about it and I started to write everything down, I noticed that I began to feel better. In this sense, the writing of this book certainly therapeutic work."

Miscavige Hill now lives in Southern California with her husband and two children. "When I think of my family, I believe that everything was worth it. Now I can not imagine that I would make the same choices as my parents. I try just to give my children a lot of love and I can not think of seeing them only twice in six years. I've never understood my parents in their choice. Still, I'm glad our contact somewhat restored. My mother is such a great grandmother for my children."

No contact

Her uncle she has never spoken. She especially misses her friends. To get into contact is almost impossible. "Internet and phone are there still banned. I am particularly angry at the Church as an institution, not the people who are left behind. Not even my uncle. I want the whole world and especially all known people who are so enthusiastic about the Church in the media outlets, such as Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Kristie Alley, to know how bad Scientology. That's my mission for the rest of my life. If they did not already know, they can never deny it. They all have access to my story."

The Church of Scientology has an official statement on Blind Geloof saying not to recognize the claims of Miscavige Hill. According to the Church members have just had a blast and they now lead successful lives.

And also the Reformatorisch Dagblad [orthodox christian] http://www.refdag.nl/boeken/bevrijd_uit_de_nachtmerrie_van_scientology_1_727399

Freed from the nightmare of Scientology

Freed from the nightmare of Scientology - The American Jenna Hill freed herself from the Church of Scientology

Photo Rufus de Vries

Every now and then the name pops up: Scientology. To the outsider, it is a mix of dark and complicated personality courses recruitment practices. The American Jenna Hill wrote a true story of how she freed herself from a nightmare. "Scientology brainwashes people and robs them of their personality. Criticism is not appreciated and is by definition a sign of evil."

The 28-year old American comes across as a gentle, almost timid woman, stripped of any intensity and emotion. She is the niece of Scientology leader, David Miscavige. Jenna is the first and only of the Miscavige family who gives a glimpse behind the scenes of what is called the world's most controversial religion - its practices, its power, its followers and its secrets. In her book "Blind Geloof" (Artemis & Co, Amsterdam) she tells how she grew up in the world of Scientology, her escape, and her struggle to build up a new life in the society.

Jenna Hill doesn't want to be resentful about her former organization, she says at the hotel in Amsterdam where she is staying several days. "My life and my family have been influenced by it, I have many friends there. I wanted to mention the pure facts and not to write a story with exaggerations. Otherwise one could accuse me of hatred and libel."

Is Scientology a church or a cult?

"The lawyers do not use the term cult, but the movement does have the characteristic of a cult: brainwashing, you are being rid systematically of your personality, the exclusion of any form of criticism and the fact that the movement owes its origin to a charismatic leader.

The movement does not believe in God, but in man. Scientology is a self-help program for people that teaches people they can be more able in life, in their work, family and marriage. They can free themselves from their body and gain greater spiritual freedom. It's like a modern form of gnosticism. It is a development towards more and more liberation and perfection, but it is an endless process that never comes to completion. The desired ultimate level is so high that nobody can reach it."

Your book shows it is all about money and power.

"It is especially power, and power again. Most members are very wealthy, living in large houses on large estates. They therefore do not need more money to increase their prestige. But power and thus influence gives self-affirmation. Scientology promises a better, happier life, but the reality is the opposite. They break your personality, you are brainwashed and they check you daily once you're in their organization."

Isn't there anyone who asks questions?

"You often do not know any better. You take the organization for granted. And if you invest money, you gradually believe also. I was a member of Sea Org, say the elite troops of Scientology. If you're on the estate where you live, work and will be trained, the use of internet prohibited. Only 5 percent of the employees may use it for business contacts. But the computers have special software that block anti-Scientology websites. In the room where the computers are you are being watched with a video so you do not look at the wrong things. But it is increasingly difficult to keep out criticism, because of an increasing number of critical books and websites."

Did you never felt to be deceived?

"No, I thought that all these measures were there to protect my soul from evil."

Will there be a better time for Scientology dawn?

"I hope so, but I see no clear evidence. The people at the top would certainly foster goodwill through acknowledging fair criticism. They think criticism by definition comes from bad people and recognizes that no criticism can be rightly. In their hearts they recognize perhaps that, but the point remains: people who criticize are bad. Officially they are called "subversive persons". They are conceited, crazy and defaming the organization. The leaders believe in the system. They realize that if they just accept the criticism and humane, the whole system crashes. Scientology barely grows. There are few new members. Officially it uses lists with millions of names, but these are people who have ever followed a course or a book bought."

You consider yourself not religious. A consequence of your cult past?

“No”, she smiles disarmingly. "I do believe in the possibility of a God, but I stick to what I can see. I respect people who believe and see that as answers to the deep questions of life and death."

Are you really free from your past?

"Yes, only I ensure not too much to talk about Scientology. I still have trouble when I hear certain terms from my Scientology time. But now I want to start a new life with my family. For me, the Scientology period belongs to the past. "

Lots and lots of publicity going on. Impressive Jenna!

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
MOAR

And another one!!

Belgium paper De Standaard: http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail.aspx?artikelid=DMF20130322_00514584
"The school was a paramilitary punishment camp.”

Interview - Jenna Miscavige Hill gets rid of Scientology

Saturday, March 23, 2013, 3:00
Author: Dominique Minten

Jenna Miscavige Hill, the niece of the global leader of Scientology. She grew up in the controversial Church, but gets rid of it now. "On my seventh I signed a contract for a billion years. I had no life anymore."

“Mr. chief editor,

I've heard that one of your journalists in the Netherlands has had an interview with Jenna Hill about her Scientology book. I make you aware that they are part of a small group of anti-scientologists fabricating lies about the Church of Scientology."

The e-mail sent by Agnes Bron, the PR director of the European Scientology office in Brussels, comes in on Wednesday, a day after we had an interview in Amsterdam with Jenna Miscavige Hill. She was there to promote her book Blind Geloof in which she opens a frontal attack on the Church of Scientology and its totalitarian methods.

According to Ms Bron Miscavige and her supporters are not aware of the recent developments in Scientology, that she calls a religion of the 21st century. "In Belgium, Scientology is a religion. Several courts, including the European Court of Human Rights, confirmed that Scientologists may practice their religion", Bron said.

The e-mail Source sent is laughable, yet typical of the coercive control of Scientology. All except laughable is the control under which the Church keeps its members. That Jenna Miscavige (29) experienced at first hand. Miscavige's parents were members of the elite group that leads the Church and her uncle, David Miscavige (52), is still the global leader of Scientology, succeeding founder Ron Hubbard. Jenna grew up in the church, but on her 21th she found the courage to quit. "I still find it difficult to speak about the Church, because it remains to make life difficult for its critics. When I recently had disembarked, they had private detectives sent months after me. They won't go to that extent any more. They dare not openly attack me because they know that that would cause more harm. In that respect, they seem a little smarter."

Broken knee

Jenna was born in the church and grew in it. It was anything but a happy childhood. "When I was two years old, my parents were members of SeaOrg, the most dedicated group within Scientology, say the priestly caste. From that moment I was an orphan”, the frail Jenna says . "My father and mother spent all their time and energy in the Church. Between my fourth and when I was twelve I saw them only on Sunday morning. By noon they left. My father made commercials for the Church and my mother was projectmanager. She had to make sure that new churches were built. "

The welfare of the Church they found clearly more important than that of their daughter. "I remember one Sunday afternoon that I had to say goodbye. Because I waived them too long, my leg got caught between a closing sliding gate. Even then they could not postpone their departure. Not that they were happy to have to leave, but they had to obey the orders from headquarters. They didn't want to risk their careers. Ultimately, my knee was broken, but the local Scientology doctor gave me only a pressure bandage. For weeks I could hardly walk, but mu educator didn't take that into. They thought I was fussing. "

What kind of upbringing gave Scientology you?

"Scientology children could hardly be a child. When I was seven, I was moved to the Ranch, a primary school for Scientology children. But a school you could not call it. It was a dilapidated building in the hills of San Jacinto, California, next to an Indian reservation. We were there with some eighty children and were mainly used as cheap labor. Rather than be taught, we had to work hard. Actually it was a paramilitary prison camp. We had to snitch on each other and the punishments were severe. If your room was not in order according to the rules, you could sleep on a mattress on the floor in the punishment cage. There was an atmosphere of terror and paranoia. "

"But at that moment I felt normal. I supposed then that I was going to be my entire life within the Church. In fact, I had a contract of one billion years. One of the key ideas of Scientology is that the body is only a temporary casing and that the immortal spirit - the thetan – emerges each time in a new body. Although I was only seven, I realized: I no longer have any control over my own life. "

Did you know that there existed another world?

"Hardly. We were told that there was a world of ignorant people out there. We called them Wogs, "ordinary, ignorant people." [I guess Wogs was translated into Dutch to Goms, an abbreviation for “Gewone Onwetende Mensen or "ordinary, ignorant people" TrevAnon] And once we were educated, our task would be to clear them. "

Did your parents know that you were treated badly?

"That it was so bad, they probably did not know. But they must have suspected something. Maybe they just did not want to know, because then they would have to do something and that they did not dare. Because then their whole world would collapse. Still, I was not mad at them. I was mostly sad."

"Only when I had left the Church, I became angry. Especially when I had children myself, it dawned on me what they had done to me. But meanwhile we have talked it out. They too were victims, because they too were raised in the Church. Eventually they both got out and they helped me to do the same. For them it might be worse than for me. I stepped out when I was 21. My life had yet to begin, while they wasted a large part of theirs to the Church."

Your grandparents got in deliberately. How can intelligent people do that?

"The time was different. It was the fifties. The Cold War threatened and the world was not as developed. My grandfather was a searching man and in the Scientology community he seemed to feel safe. Moreover, you had to pay to join. Lots of money, even. And the more money you pay, the harder it was to criticize the Church, let alone to get out. That was the trap that was put up."

Are the abuses in the Ranch still going on?

"That is now closed. The adults who join SeaOrg may no longer have children. There are no more children born Scientology. That way, they can no longer conquer the world. But they have also resolved an "issue". For that's how they considered us. Children were seen as a waste of money. They had to feed, clothe, and more or less educate us. Of all those costs they are redeemed."

Is Scientology influence declining now?

"I think everyone now knows that Scientology is a weird club. And they are potentially dangerous. Who wants to join still, must have lived under a rock the past years. Even loyal members start to walk away. Because of the continuing criticism they surely have taken away the sharpest edges. But make no mistake: they do so not because they have seen the light, but because they realize that it is bad PR for their case. And PR is really the only one in which they are interested. "

Meanwhile, Hollywood stars like Tom Cruise and John Travolta remain fiathful to their church. How do you explain that?

"You must not forget that many of these celebrities were born in a Scientology family. Juliette Lewis and Lisa-Marie Presley, for example, are second-generation Scientologists. John Travolta and Tom Cruise have consciously chosen. Why? I do not know. But Scientology is searching the stars consciously. They are not so much wanted for their money, but for the influence they have. Their success reflects on the church."

"And Scientology appeals to them because it is a religion without God. Scientology says: You are a soul with unlimited possibilities, you can create your own universe. If your soul functions optimally, you can even make objects move and have telepathic abilities. For that big egos are sensitive."

"Besides these celebrities get to see a very different Scientology Church than the SeaOrg members. They are not sucked from whatever they have, they should not work to death. The purpose-built Celebrity Center Dallas where my husband worked, is much fancier than the mainstream church. "

Tom Cruise is the most famous Scientologist, but at one time he was not so popular in the Church.

(Smiles) "When he was married to Nicole Kidman who wanted nothing to do with his Church wanted, he got the label potential trouble source stuck on him. But that label, he, together with his divorce from Kidman, shook off again."

Should Scientology be banned?

"I do not know. Then they are pushed in the role of the victim and that can make them sympathetic again. Criminally prosecute them (such as the Belgian court shall do, editor) is really not easy. They have money and people who want to lie for them. When I was in I wanted that too. But the recruitment of minors - they do still - would definitely have to be banned."

Will you experience the end of Scientology?

"I think not. I am convinced that their influence is less and less, but certainly in the United States, the church is still too well embedded in society to quickly disappear. There's no political will to fight the Church. And as long as there are people who want to believe in aliens this Church will have followers."

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Now Dutch old guard Karin Spaink has her say on her own website

http://www.spaink.net/2013/03/13/piramide/
Pyramid

Where once ex-members of Scientology kept their mouths shut anxious, they now talk when they can. They give interviews on TV, they are cited in long articles, they write books about their adventures in the cult. And it's not the least of them who are currently telling why they have left the organization: among them are remarkable people who were ong in high positions in the organisation.

It is noteworthy that almost no one leaves the cult because of loosing their faith, some explicitly state that they still adhere to the doctrine. It is the organization of which they are tired, and the way they are treated. There is cadaver discipline and distrust. Co-religionists bring report on you to their superiors, after you have made a critical remark, penalties and long interrogations are not uncommon. Staff are overworked and underpaid. And everyone should always donate, donate and donate again, and of course there are always new, even more expensive courses.

In the stories of ex-members is a recent development. While membership is declining, local orgs buy new buildings for their housing: so to prove that the 'good' comes with Scientology and its followers is rising. The money for these buildings is invariably coughed up by the local members. The buildings will then be in possession of the international real estate branch of the cult, and the drained department has to pay for rent or mortgage endlessly. Ex-members say the cult thus seems to have adopted the structure of a pyramid scheme: the members and departments become poorer, the top becomes richer.

In the choir of the apostates recently Jenna Miscavige Hill has rallied. (Her book appears under the title Blind Geloof in the Netherlands this month .) Well into her twentieth for Jenna there existed nothing but Scientology: she went to school there, she worked there (since her sixth, with other children she had to be doing heavy physical labor every day), and everyone she knew - including her own parents, who she usually saw only once a week - was also a Scientologist.

When Jenna was a teenager, her parents lost confidence in Scientology and left the cult. Jenna was not going with them. She could barely see them after that, but this Jenna was accustomed to from childhood, so it took four years until their next meeting. Jenna did not even think this was strange. Only five years after their departure she herself dared to finally leave the cult.

What Jenna's story makes different is that her uncle David Miscavige since 1987 is the head of the cult. Uncle David shows to be a cowardly, underhanded and greedy potentate. When a cult leader forbids his own brother to see his daughter, and he turns his niece to childlabor, this promises little good for ordinary members.