What's new

Jett's death predicted in 2007? Is this a prank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmel

Crusader
In addition to what has already been said......

Call it what you will - the use of slander, third party, or lies about another (whatever you want to call it), does exist on this board. IMO it's not OK anywhere, whether in the CofS, on the board, in life or wherever. I believe others also hold that opinion.

Night Owl and others, if you consider that one should sit back and shut up, when one observes slander on another (whether on the board or otherwise), then so be it, but I don't. Saying something about it, hardly comes under the category of "8cing people".

Feral

Rogue male
Sure, I love it when people are frank. When you add 'frank' with a 'twist' of anger it helps me more...as I see more of your core reaction to my post.
Some of the points from my post are still pertinent in this ongoing healthy discussion. These are here to act as a reference point only.
as a review....
Cult Watch points
3. Emotional overreaction when the group or leader is criticized. Seen as evil persecution.
8. Demonization of former members or members of alternative viewpoints.

Leaders
1. Authoritarian approach and intolerance of questioning or criticism.
OK, But ESMB is less of a cult than my footy club.

I understand if you and Carmel are good friends and I don't blame you for wanting to defend her, you sound like a good friend if that is the case. And, you too could have been a leader in SCN when in-I have no factual idea but do have suspicions. Us leaders don't stop being leaders just because we are out of the COS. And, bossy boots I know about well, I have a pair.

Got it
I am very mindful of OSA lurkers, but to say that 3p is a fear ON the board, is interestingly inaccurate IMO. Please cite an example of how someone has been demonized and the group has lost allegiance for that person because of OSA on ESMB. I havent seen one yet in a year. I lurked daily on esmb for a long time like it was my newspaper. I have been a victim of 3P too many times in SCN to know enough to recognize it. Even if someone on this board tried it there are enough people that run to their aid as they do. If anything, OSA loves to see how some continue to 8C and control, beat down and humiliate other ex's on the board, being thankful that their influence on the being is still there.

It has happened largely via the use of PMs,so I can't go into it.

Again, we are all ex scn's, some continue to function in sub groups / factions on the board. You can either be part of it or not part of it. I don't want any part of it but will speak up to those that seek to divide and publicly humiliate others including myself. I had enough 'in fighting' and betrayal in COS, haven't you? I would rather have you as a friend or resource than an enemy...that goes for all members.

In terms of anarchy: that's an interesting accusation....so you are saying by my 2 posts - I advocate that esmb operate with: Absence of government; a state of lawlessness due to the absence or inefficiency of the supreme power; political disorder. OR here's another one: a state of lawlessness and disorder.
Well ARS is basically an anarchy, it is not pleasant,but seems to be the way some would like us to head.

That is untrue and a bit of a stretch to say the least. One; I do not see lawlessness or disorder on the board unless you want to compare it with being on staff at COS ...in that case hell this board is NUTS compared to that militia. But one cannot compare anything to being on staff at the beast / COS and it's militant ways as it exists to suppress and squash individuality and self expression.... we are here to either get it back, share our success with having found it again, or to help each other.

We don't need another 'leader' to keep us 'lawful', 'ordered' and 'efficient' on a discussion board. We only need person(s) who enforces the rules as they are written and not as they are being interpreted.
OK, I guess the MODS are the "leaders" in that regard and they aren't saying anything so maybe I shouldn't.
Your words to me Feral: "you do not seem to have grasped", "if you don't I suggest you lurk moar instead of explaining to existing ESMB members how to handle the various relationships on the board.", with a twist of 1.1 "Frank enough for you?"

Now, the 1st sentence is a beautiful scn put down, 2nd sentence is 'hey if you dont get our ways-beat it', and the 3rd is 'stick the knife in and twist it'.
I dont talk that way to people in life anymore Feral..I am NOT your fellow staffer, I am living in the real world now. Sorry if you do not see it...but posts like this are common by certain people on esmb and although the are frank they are written to hurt.

Can you see that while you are saying me pointing out that me saying you didn't 'get something' is a scn put down that you referring to my comm as 1.1 IS A TOTAL SCN PUTDOWN? Also it was antag so I guess you knew that so are you trying to push a button?

Look, when I started posting, I almost didn't, as I have been out for many years and frankly never think about it anymore other than when visiting the sites on the net.

I have no scn friends, even ex's, as I got out and went on with life and now, my natural perspective is so 'not scn'...that when I see it I say so. I am sure I am not unique in my perspective as there are others like me.

But, I am also not meaning to berate anyone for not seeing it in themselves yet...it didn't happen overnight for me. So, my frankness is meant to help others to 'look' and hopefully discuss...that's all.

I would help any of you if you ever needed it, as this board's presence and now being able to read everyone's stories has been a tremendous reminder to me of just how hard it was on people and families.

There are many like you, also there are many who still use the tech, like Fluff, Carmel, Terrril etc, there are many more in between who do use scn words occasionally but don't use the tech for the most part we all get along.

This all started on this thread when Carmel told LH something, you were the first to jump in, there is quite a complex history here mainly established by PMs etc, and cliques that have formed, it's great that you have an opinion on it, but could it be as informed as you think? That's why I said you might not have grasped what Carmel was doing. It was not meant to be a put down although if you jump into a long established fracus half cocked with a lot of opinions you might just feel "put down" by the response you get.

Last edited:

Night Owl

Patron with Honors
Feral

Thanks for the clarifications.

I only hope that one day you might invite me to the footy club. :confused2:

Night Owl

Patron with Honors
Call it what you will - the use of slander, third party, or lies about another (whatever you want to call it), does exist on this board. IMO it's not OK anywhere, whether in the CofS, on the board, in life or wherever. I believe others also hold that opinion.

Night Owl and others, if you consider that one should sit back and shut up, when one observes slander on another (whether on the board or otherwise), then so be it, but I don't. Saying something about it, hardly comes under the category of "8cing people".

Carmel

Feral has clarified some on this.

The only thing I have to reply is that it took years for me to stop seeing everything as a dangerous environment after leaving staff. I could not believe how much suspicion and underlying judgement I had about the people and the world around me after scn and especially to people at work or any group where there were so many opinions and so many people that just spoke their mind.

At first I found it surprising that it was even allowed, and then over time came to know that this was, in fact, what normal was supposed to be in communication. Of course, I still prefer politeness...who doesnt?

I just dont see what you see here , well ok.

This may of no consequence and no indication at all for others, just my thoughts.

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>
BTW Carmel is a born "bossy boots", I'm sorry if that equals "cofs" to you, but it isn't the case, she might have been much bossier without scn.
<snip>

I was not! :p I was "6th born", AND I wasn't the youngest! :giggle: (and who says I'm a "bossy boots" anyway, Feral? :grouch: )

Status
Not open for further replies.