What's new

Jim Carey's ex was a Scientologist- Daily Mail

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Cathriona White took Scientology vitamin drip to protect against depression before suicide.

Daily Mail: Cathriona White was 'found next to three bottles of pills all prescribed to an alias of ex-lover Jim Carrey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-designed-protect-believers-depression.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

One photograph, shared by Ms White seven weeks ago, shows her taking an intravenous drip of what she identifies as Vitamins B and C, as well as the naturally-occurring antioxidant glutathione.

Members of the religion are told that the cocktail will protect them from depression, which runs in Ms White's family, and other illnesses.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

attachment.php
Breitbart has picked up on this.

Jim Carrey's Ex Posted Image of Scientology Depression IV Treatment Weeks Before Suicide

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...depression-iv-treatment-weeks-before-suicide/

CommunicatorIC

As first noted by DeathHamster on WWP, Jenny Burpee, one of the four people who discovered the body, is a former Scientology Sea Org member connected to the the Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre.

From the Sunday World article "Woman tells of finding best friend Cathriona White’s body":

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/woman-tells-of-finding-best-friend-cathriona-white-s-body

TV producer Jenny Burpee told The Star how she became worried about Cathriona after she failed to reply to her text for four days.

30-year-old Cathriona had been dating Hollywood A-lister Jim Carey on and off for some time.

Jenny made the discovery alongside her 8-year-old niece and pals Lena and Den.

“She was in the second bedroom on the bed, and her phone was still plugged into the wall," Jenny said.

32-year-old Jenny contacted the police, who cordoned off the area.

“I just knew something was wrong when she didn’t reply to my texts on the fourth day.

Nine months ago Nora Crest noted on Tony Ortega's blog:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/13/cl...e-as-tom-cruises-examiner/#comment-1792158536

Nora Crest9 months ago

I love all the congratulatory remarks under the announcement photo. Two of the women Jenny Burpee and Kim Reichel Ford were both in the Sea Org themselves at Celebrity Centre. Kim worked for the Manor Hotel as their HAS Hubbard Area Secretary, she was in charge of ALL ethics and Recruitment. I think Jenny started out in Ethics as well and then went on to work in the course rooms. Kim left after she got pregnant the first time. I don't know why Jenny left. I wonder how many people Kim handled to have abortions before she decided to NOT have one of her own. Her sister Jenny Fairchild, is still working at Celebrity Centre. The rest of the people high living Sarah for her WONDERFUL decision to give her son over to slave labor for a billion years are either parents of kids who were at one time in the Sea Org or the other people about my age that never had the balls to join. They were too "important" to do that. They didn't have the "discipline" or "confront" to do that. When I was a recruiter that is what I would be told by them or their parents. I am not saying it is a good thing to be in the sea org, it IS NOT. I am still recovering. CC is the most deceptive. And most destructive. The CO, Dave Petit, is the most evil, horrible manipulative, awful person that has ever existed. I worry for this kid. He probably doesn't even know who his real father was or who he is related to. Otherwise he wouldn't have clearance to join there. Too much of a threat legally. So keep talking about it. Hopefully they will offload him quickly and he will be spared that torture that surely awaits.

EDITED TO ADD FROM NIGHT OWL ON WWP:

attachment.php

Attachments

• JennyBurpeeScientologyServiceCompletions.jpg
    JennyBurpeeScientologyServiceCompletions.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Sounds like a possible "Cult Handler" to me....

How did she get into her house.....did she have keys to Miss Whites home...?

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
One photograph, shared by Ms White seven weeks ago, shows her taking an intravenous drip of what she identifies as Vitamins B and C, as well as the naturally-occurring antioxidant glutathione.

Members of the religion are told that the cocktail will protect them from depression, which runs in Ms White's family, and other illnesses.
Maybe I should try that. I'm depressed a lot. Very depressed.

Although I thought that was supposed to be handled by auditing.

And as I like to say, depression is nature's way of telling you your life is crap.

Helena

EDIT: Perhaps the vitamin drip precipitated White's suicide. I'm not saying this to be mean, but many who are suicidal to begin with are too depressed to do the deed. If a remedy lifts the depression just a bit, that may give the person the ability to carry out their plan.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Sounds like a possible "Cult Handler" to me....

How did she get into her house.....did she have keys to Miss Whites home...?
According to the Sun story:

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/woman-tells-of-finding-best-friend-cathriona-white-s-body

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

TV producer Jenny Burpee told The Star how she became worried about Cathriona after she failed to reply to her text for four days.

30-year-old Cathriona had been dating Hollywood A-lister Jim Carey on and off for some time.

Jenny made the discovery alongside her 8-year-old niece and pals Lena and Den.

“She was in the second bedroom on the bed, and her phone was still plugged into the wall," Jenny said.

32-year-old Jenny contacted the police, who cordoned off the area.

“I just knew something was wrong when she didn’t reply to my texts on the fourth day.

“I’ve lost my best friend, my soul sister. I will never get over it.”

Jenny fears that Cathriona may have been in the house “for days “after her home’s CCTV system showed her failing to leave the property after returning home on Thursday 24th of September.

Describing the heart-breaking moment, Jenny said:

“We got there and the door was open.

“We walked inside and went through the hall, all of us and thank god, Lena’s boyfriend (Den) was in front.

“We checked her bedroom, which is quite open with a large window and she wasn’t there. Then Den checked the second bedroom and she was there, on the bed.

“My niece had been running down the hall shouting ‘Cat, Cat’.

“Thank god we were behind him (Den) and didn’t see. Her phone was still charging in the wall.”

They immediately closed the door and called the police.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Somebody made an observation to the same effect on the WWP thread. Scientologists are, however, big on vitamins as a cure for everything. I suspect this was set up with a Scientology doctor. I wonder if it is a new CC service.

Would be a fairly recent development. I was involved with CC Int around 2010-11ish.

However, it wouldn't surprise me. This vitamin nonsense seems to be the latest trend in woowoo generally.

CommunicatorIC

From the Wrong Guy on WWP quoting a comment from Tony's blog.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/ji...ona-whites-suicide.130316/page-3#post-2558465

While reading Tony Ortega's site tonight I noticed this comment:

Richard17 hours ago

I haven't been around for some days and realize that the Cathriona White story is off topic today, but as it is still an ongoing story and this type of news is never really off topic as far as Scientology is concerned, I thought I would throw in my twopence.

Scientology, in some ways, has a gang like structure, in that the adherents band together and are required to show their allegiance to the group. Another similarity is that the individual members get all pumped up by the rest of the company. What happens in the end, is that an individual is convinced that the group is their only way of survival. Without it, they would perish. Strength is found within the group.

This is a very dangerous scenario in Scientology, particularly when the group has a direct influence over a relatively new member, like Cathriona White.

Cathriona was apparently stalled on the Objectives. What I believe, is that she was having doubts about Scientology. Even if she had been required by the group to "handle or disconnect" from Carrey, most certainly she had been having contradictory inputs from him and this most probably put her in to a state of conflict.

It's very possible that Cathriona talked about her doubts regarding Scientology to her group of "friends". What the "friends" would do at that point would be to love bomb Cathriona with stories of successes and wealth that can be had, perhaps fame, and certainly how Scientology had changed each of their individual lives for the better.

Love bombing is completely fake talk. None of it is genuine. It is a dangerous and insiduous way of pumping up a person so as to obtain something from them. Often it is money that is wanted. However, in the case of Cathriona, it would have been more about how great Scientology is, but that it requires faithfulness and obedience.

Cathriona, very probably, was cut between being part of this elite group that promised everything, and living her life with an SP like Carrey. The relationship with Carrey could have broken up at any time anyway, just like a thousand other relationships, but the difference here could well be to do with the knowledge, as a Scientologist, that Cathriona herself knew she could never live with a person like Carrey. It is impossible for a Scientologist to live with an antagonist to Scientology. Add the fact that there were episodes of depression, and you have a time bomb waiting to explode.

For some people, leaving Scientology can be relatively easy. In my case, it was a simple matter of looking at the internet and realizing that the whole thing was a lie. For others it can be much more difficult, particularly when a group of close "friends" are influencing you and you feel that you are indebted to these people.

In a very small way, I once found myself in this sort of situation. I was frequenting a non-Scientologist who found out one day that I had been involved in Scientology. It was a time that I was completely off lines, had no interest in Scientology, but for some strange reason, that I can only attribute Scientology's group hypnotic effect, I still protected them.

Anyway, that time, I tried to avoid the whole subject when this person asked some more questions about my involvement. I was embarrassed. However, when I got back home, inspite of not caring anything about Scientology, I remember thinking to myself that I could eventually convince her, a little bit at a time, that Scientology was good. This is the power that Scientology can have over an individual.

This all happened, quite obviously, before looking at the internet. Fortunately for me, the whole thing exploded in an argument a couple of days later and the very next day I Googled "Scientology". The rest is history.

What made it easier for me was that I never had any real friends who were Scientologists. Mostly they were acquaintances and hence I had very little to break away from as far as relationships, and certainly work, were concerned.

But that was me. Who knows, on the other hand, how difficult it could have been for Cathriona. Whatever was really going through her mind in those last weeks and months, she unfortunately paid the ultimate price for it.

Source:
http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/05/vi...when-leah-remini-was-still-a-front-row-celeb/

CommunicatorIC

[video=youtube;Hp3mhx9gTMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp3mhx9gTMs[/video]

Celebrity Scientology: Life (and Death) After Going Clear

Published on Oct 8, 2015

Scientology and the suicide of Jim Carrey’s girlfriend Cathronia White, as well as her connection to the church is exposed by journalist Tony Ortega. How Scientology has struggled to maintain connections to Hollywood celebrities, the upcoming tell-all book by Leah Remini, and the recent Scientology wedding of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman’s daughter that may have had Kidman banned from the ceremony is revealed. We also examine the success of HBO’s documentary exposé Going Clear, and if the film will get Oscars to accompany the Emmys that it has already collected--all in this uncensored Media Mayhem with Allison Hope Weiner.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
SEPTEMBER 19, 2016 12:58pm PT by Ashley Cullins

Jim Carrey Sued Over Former Girlfriend's Drug Death

The lawsuit claims Carrey gave Cathriona White the illegal controlled substances that she used to commit suicide.

Actor Jim Carrey is being sued for allegedly providing illegal drugs to his girlfriend Cathriona White, which a lawsuit filed Monday in L.A. County Superior court claims led to her death.

White committed suicide by drug overdose last fall, and now, Mark Burton, her husband, is suing Carrey.

http://http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/jim-carrey-sued-girlfriends-drug-930784

Cathriona_White_Jim_Carrey-e1443598010697.jpg

Tony Ortega's article from a year ago about her death:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/09/30/ji...riend-on-srd-when-she-killed-herself-friends/

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
SEPTEMBER 19, 2016 12:58pm PT by Ashley Cullins

Jim Carrey Sued Over Former Girlfriend's Drug Death

The lawsuit claims Carrey gave Cathriona White the illegal controlled substances that she used to commit suicide.

Actor Jim Carrey is being sued for allegedly providing illegal drugs to his girlfriend Cathriona White, which a lawsuit filed Monday in L.A. County Superior court claims led to her death.

White committed suicide by drug overdose last fall, and now, Mark Burton, her husband, is suing Carrey.

http://http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/jim-carrey-sued-girlfriends-drug-930784

Cathriona_White_Jim_Carrey-e1443598010697.jpg

Tony Ortega's article from a year ago about her death:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/09/30/ji...riend-on-srd-when-she-killed-herself-friends/

Well, the IAS probably needs the money:/

ETA; Tony Ortega mentions this as an addendum to his post today and says he'll be doing an article for tomorrow.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Well, the IAS probably needs the money:/

ETA; Tony Ortega mentions this as an addendum to his post today and says he'll be doing an article for tomorrow.

Scientologist dies of drug overdose -- not a headline that Scientologists like to see.

CommunicatorIC

Cat White’s marriage to man suing Jim Carrey was a sham to beat immigration, and was not her first fake wedding, say friends

Tony Ortega - EXCLUSIVE: Cat White’s marriage to man suing Jim Carrey was a sham to beat immigration, and was not her first fake wedding, say friends

http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/20/ca...rton-sham-immigration-not-first-fake-wedding/

A man named Mark Burton filed a wrongful death lawsuit yesterday in Los Angeles against comedian Jim Carrey, claiming that the actor should be held liable in last year’s apparent suicide of a 30-year-old woman from Ireland named Cathriona White.

[SNIP]

Today, we have new information that should put Mark Burton’s lawsuit, and Michael Avenatti’s statements about it, in perhaps a different light.

Two independent witnesses, both personal friends of Cat White, tell the Underground Bunker that Cat made it crystal clear to them that her quick marriage to Mark Burton was one of convenience only, and was intended to fool immigration officials so Cat could gain the legal status she needed to remain in the United States. Additionally, both of our witnesses say they are so certain of their information, they are each willing to speak with law enforcement officials about the fraudulent nature of the Burton-White marriage.

[SNIP]

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another Scientologist committed suicide, which might well have been prevented if the Church of Scientology permitted members to seek professional counseling, or even to call a Suicide Prevention Hotline, which they most assuredly DO NOT PERMIT.

Equally bizarre behavior resulted in the death of Lisa McPherson, who, even as she lay dying, was NOT brought to the closest hospital, the 2nd closest, or even the 3rd closest hospital by Scientologists who "knew best" where to bring her.
By the time her lifeless body arrived at the 5th closest hospital (where a Scientologist worked) Lisa McPherson had permanently exteriorized from her body.

The belief that Scientology is not dangerous is, in itself, extremely dangerous.

Why are they, dead, Scientology?

Last edited: