What's new

Jim Carey's GF was married when she died

breaking News at Hollywood reporter:
Jim Carrey's Girlfriend Was Married to Another Man When She Died: Sources
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...r/news+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories)

White’s body will be released to her husband for repatriation to her native Ireland, an official with the L.A. County Medical Examiner’s office tells The Hollywood Reporter.

Cathriona White, the on-again off-again girlfriend of actor Jim Carrey who died in a suspected suicide last week, was married to another man at the time of her death, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

According to an official with the L.A. County Medical Examiner’s office, White’s body will be released to her husband for repatriation to her native Ireland.
.... snip...

White, a make-up artist and aspiring actress, was also active in the Church of Scientology and had for the last several months been involved in a low-level form of in-house Church therapy called Survival Rundown.

According to former Scientologists, the therapy can be very destabilizing.

"The purpose of some of those processes are to learn the ability to be controlled and to control others," says Mark Headley, an ex-Scientologist who says he is familiar with the techniques, "You’re being indoctrinated into how to do this."

Scientologists frown on the use of psychotropic medications, such as the ones found next to White’s body at the time of her death. And ex-Scientologists say that people with a history of mental health problems, professional psychiatric help or those with a history of prescription drug use would be barred from the Church.

"Generally in Scientology, if anyone has any sort of mental depression or breakdowns, they're not allowed to do anything in the church," says Headley, "There is a long history of these people freaking out when they start doing Scientology counseling."

If White developed mental health issues while in the Church and sought outside counseling, says Headley, "without a doubt, they would have prevented her from getting outside care."

A source close to Carrey says that he was "unaware" that White was in the Church and that, while they had "a few bumps in their relationship, they were not broken up."

More at the link. Mimsey

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
She stole the drugs she used from Carrey's home. Ambien (sleeping pills), Percocet (Pain Pills), Zofran (anti nausea pills), and propranolol (high blood pressure medication). He did not miss them because they were not meds he took regularly.

Sounds like there was some pre-planning involved.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'd say the marriage was probably just for immigration purposes and that's why it wasn't a big deal with Carey. She was an Irish citizen trying to work in the USA, and had been here for several years, unless she had gobs of money the only way for that to happen was to be married to an American. The US makes immigration VERY VERY difficult, esp for foreign nationals wanting to make it big in Hollywood - there's way too many of them. Pretty much the only way for a normal foreign national to be able to live and work in the USA post-9/11 is to be married to a citizen. Otherwise they will be on their way home as soon as their visa expires.

Jump

Operating teatime
I'd say the marriage was probably just for immigration purposes and that's why it wasn't a big deal with Carey. She was an Irish citizen trying to work in the USA, and had been here for several years, unless she had gobs of money the only way for that to happen was to be married to an American. The US makes immigration VERY VERY difficult, esp for foreign nationals wanting to make it big in Hollywood - there's way too many of them. Pretty much the only way for a normal foreign national to be able to live and work in the USA post-9/11 is to be married to a citizen. Otherwise they will be on their way home as soon as their visa expires.

She was married to an Irish chap still living in Ireland.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
I am sorry for the loss of a life so young and so full of promise.

I am sorry for Jim Carey to have lost a person he cared about & for her to have taken the pills from him is even more for him to handle.

This should be a private thing for the family and friends to deal with.

I hope that the media attention will fade quickly and that all can heal as best they can.

I would not want my pain and grief on the headlines, I would not want the details dragged down main street.

With death comes the biggest word in the world "IF" - IF ONLY, IF I, IF THEY, IF THEN, IF WHEN, everything starts with IF when trying to figure out what happened.

May she rest in peace and those that loved her best can heal and hold her memory in their hearts and honor her as time goes by.

Today Tony has yet another article on Cat's death, and am I wrong in thinking he has gone beyond the pale with this story? Perhaps it's a need to feed his pet shark, and dole out daily news of the goings on in the church, but to me, it's on the verge of bad taste, to continue to capitalize on Carry's celebrity and her death.

I find it tragic that she, or Wendy Ettrics or the Pilot or Steve Bracket and the others were driven to take their lives, and I can't help thinking that Scientology is somehow involved. To me, it's not so much about finding the dirt and odd connections in her case that is important - what's important to find out - was she sent to ethics prior to this happening - was she told to disconnect? Was she asked to try and turn him into a Scio - perhaps some compromise of her integrity to advance the church's goals? It doesn't add up. Why would she kill herself?

If Tony wants to hammer away at this story, that's worth finding out - what is the church's culpability, if any? Are the police going to investigate her death, or is it going to be shoved under the table similarly to Leah's search for Shelly? Not all of the other stuff. That verges on bad taste in my mind.

Mimsey

Jump

Operating teatime

She was married to an Irish chap still living in Ireland.

Oops no she wasn't. It looks like Bunnyskull nailed it...

From: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...les-Los-Angeles-home-split.html#ixzz3oG539Avw
* Cathriona White married Scientologist Mark Burton in Las Vegas in 2013 but the couple were preparing to divorce
* White is to be buried in her native Ireland after her death last week in Los Angeles, where she had just split from on-off boyfriend Jim Carrey
* Burton, a Hollywood cameraman, has a $150,000 house in McMinnville, a small town in Oregon, where he lives quietly
* Their marriage came after she was unable to leave the U.S. for her father's funeral because she did not have legal immigration status
* Unclear when they split but friends were said not to know she was married and they were planning divorce later.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

No, in reality about 40% of the illegal immigrants ( for the PC crowd just insert " undocumented citizens " ) are just people who have grossly over stayed their visa ( sometime by decades! ) as the US gov't makes no effort at all to track or trace anyone in this country after their visa expires.

Given, can be awkward to get a visa into the US buy once in the US it, sadly, becomes a lifetime deal.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Jim Carey's GF was married when she died
Hmmm... I think it has to read: ".... until she died"
(Someone is only married until his death.) :coolwink:

BTW, she is buried now too..... (and Jim Carey was at her funeral in Ireland)

Last edited:
Hmmm... I think it has to read: ".... until she died"
(Someone is only married until his death.) :coolwink:

BTW, she is buried now too..... (and Jim Carey was at her funeral in Ireland)
As the hoopla spread with this story, I wish I hadn't posted the thread at all. It seems so tasteless to me now, and I wish I had thought it through before hitting send.

Mimsey

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
[/B]

No, in reality about 40% of the illegal immigrants ( for the PC crowd just insert " undocumented citizens " ) are just people who have grossly over stayed their visa ( sometime by decades! ) as the US gov't makes no effort at all to track or trace anyone in this country after their visa expires.

Given, can be awkward to get a visa into the US buy once in the US it, sadly, becomes a lifetime deal.

One exception being if you get arrested for anything. Then you may have a problem. (Or not, depending on if the Administration doesn't feel like deporting illegals this year)/