What's new

Jim Carrey pwned the cult?

Leland

Crusader
Unrelated musing: Assuming for arguments sake that Nazanin Boniadi had irrefutable and damning evidence of Scientology's "grooming" of her, on the explicit instructions of Miscavige to be the next Mrs Tom Cruise, and OSA got wind that she was going to provide it to the major media,

what would they do to prevent it being made public?

We will never know the terms of the NDA which Ms. Boniadi signed, so we can only speculate. I can speculate that she was paid a small fortune in exchange for her silence.

And yes, past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

But if she now has a new Burrberry wardrobe....... Then we'll know.

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Panda, if it weren't for Scientology, she would not have shunned psychiatry, psychology or mental health practitioners.... .

That's probably true but until you mentioned it no one else had.
Do we know for a fact that she did that?

Only a fool would not speculate that many of these felonious campaigns have yet to be discovered.

That's definitely true. I know that for a fact.

Still, only an idiot would speculate on an open board that this recent death is somehow related to those felonious campaigns and earlier deaths without any evidence to support that speculation.

Give it a rest for Chrissakes, you're embarrassing yourselves. :duh:

We'll now the truth sooner or later.

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
But, anyway, Jim Carrey - who is more than a tad of a nut case - has a dislike of scientology but Also gave NOI a 150K donation. NOI has gotten in bed with the CoS.

OK, not even Hollywood at it's most depraved came make up shit like that - I mean, this plot ? There is going to be a lot of blood spilled & OMG press re this deal even the devil would applaud !

..... and Jim Carrey waltzes in whistling past all the graves.

I think you may be confusing Jim Carrey with Will Smith.

That's definitely true. I know that for a fact.

Still, only an idiot would speculate on an open board that this recent death is somehow related to those felonious campaigns and earlier deaths without any evidence to support that speculation.

We'll now the truth sooner or later.

Who is embarrassed? Obviously you are.

I am and I'm embarrassed for ESMB. :blush:

I don't see why exes speculating about a death of a person who did courses at CC would get you so embarrassed, considering all the stuff we have heard, and some experienced personally, relating to the scientology cult and the terrible things they do and their paranoid dealings with PR issues involving members.

Your embarrassment is misplaced. You should be embarrassed at yourself, especially since you make pitiful attempts to shut others down when you get into that state.

Last edited:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think it's surprising people would have the thought the Psyentology® might be involved. They are one psychotic bunch of vindictive cunts. I think also I've made it clear here over the years how I feel about a lot of conspiracy theories. But that doesn't mean I think people don't want to do these things, I'm sure they do. The tricky part is actually doing it. For example remember that actual conspiracy that just involved a simple break in of a DC hotel room? Uh Watergate. Look how that went and it orchestrated by the supposedly all power POTUS of the time. It's really bad if you get caught just doing something stupid, imagine if guys were caught bringing in truckloads of explosives into the WTC. Psyentology knocking off Jim Carrey's GF would be pretty serious shit if that got out but once again I'm sure somebody somewhere is happy about it.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

A)
....only an idiot would speculate on an open board that this recent death is somehow related to those felonious campaigns and earlier deaths without any evidence to support that speculation.

B)

C) We'll now the truth sooner or later.

Comments. . .

A) "Speculating" is not idiocy. "Speculating on an open board" is not idiocy. Speculating is speculating. If you are still struggling with the word, moar clay.

B)
Ever notice that whenever you begin one of your "give it a rest, you're embarrassing yourself" campaigns, ESMB posters don't get shuddered into silence and it ends very badly? (HELFUL HINT: Nobody on ESMB needs your gratuitous moderation about what they can say or think or speculate on. If you are so anxious to play hall monitor, find out if they are hiring moderators and apply for the job)

C) Misdirection. Your assurance that "we'll know the truth" later about Scientology's deep, dark secrets is hardly--assuring. History has proven that Scientology is, if nothing else, incredibly adept and treacherous when it comes to burying its crimes under lies and misdirection. They sure tricked you for decades, so you're hardly in any position of authority to tell others not to speculate, and dig around for clues.

The problem with your sermons and admonitions that others must never "speculate" is that you are hypocritically speculating that Scientology DID NOT have anything to do with a Scientologist's suicide.

Okay speculators, feel free to speculate all you want. Splurge on it! LOL

JustSheila

Crusader

We do not know if she was ever previously on medications. We know the facts presented to the public highly suggest suicide by overdose (there was a written note.) We know from articles that her friends had 'concerns she could not handle the relationship,' which is a strong indication of previous difficult and possibly extreme emotional reactions to the ups and downs of the relationship. She wasn't stable. One person writes that she thought the SRD would make her capable of handling the relationship this time around. Well, it didn't, and it certainly wasn't the appropriate solution.

If this were not a Scn, there would likely be indications of visits to therapists, mentions of interviews with therapists, prescriptions for anti-depressants or other psychiatric medications, yet there is no mention of these. If she were seeing a psychiatrist or other therapist, that person would have come forward or there would be prescriptions at the scene. This has not happened.

We also know that Scientologists are prohibited from seeing psychiatrists for fear of being declared 'illegal pcs' and there is a great deal of propaganda against using certified psychologists or psychiatrists. We know that Scientologists are strongly against psychiatric drugs - and we know she was a Scientologist.

Did she leave after six months? Unknown. She could very well have still been in. She was in for years, though, and would have had quite a circle of Scn friends. Has anyone seen her Facebook to see what sort of things she posted?

Outside of Scn, suicidal thoughts are taken very seriously as a medical condition. Outside of Scn, people know well in advance of a suicide that a person is depressed and would have a lot to say about the various suggestions they made to a person in that condition, or what they observed. But a Scn in that situation would be terrified of reporting their condition to a professional. Self-medication might have seemed safer, but that's a deep, deep hole to fall into. :bigcry:

The silence and lack of information tells me more about her Scn association than anything else. The shroud of secrecy and unknowns isn't normal for anyone with an active, public life and career - especially a celebrity. Dozens of people should be coming forward with stories about her behaviour and suggestions they made. Where are they? Why so silent?

HelluvaHoax!

I don't see why exes speculating about a death of a person who did courses at CC would get you so embarrassed, considering the all the stuff we have heard, and some experienced personally, relating to the scientology cult and the terrible things they do and their paranoid dealings with PR issues involving members.

Your embarrassment is misplaced. You should be embarrassed at yourself, especially since you make pitiful attempts to shut others down when you get into that state.

Maybe Panda's e-meter (embarrassment meter) is not working very well. Because when he was in Scientology, he wasn't "embarrassed" at all to be part of the GO/OSA. They hid their insane crimes and evil acts right under his nose, and not only did he miss it entirely, he didn't even "speculate" that something might be terribly wrong about what he was doing.

Yet now he feels qualified to lecture and silence ex-scientologists by asserting that he knows what Scientology is doing or not doing in their black ops division. He knows that Scientology didn't have any hand in the death or suicide of certain persons. How does he know? He sure has a crap ass record of "knowing" what was going on three inches away when he worked for the GO/OSA, so how does that qualify him now to try to shut others up? LOL

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
I am and I'm embarrassed for ESMB. :blush:

On a separate note, I dislike when any ESMB member attempts to use public shaming to win or sway a discussion. It's a cheap emotional shot. Be embarrassed for yourself if you must experience that emotion. There is certainly nobody here who wishes you to have an emotion or feign an emotion on their behalf. We are all perfectly capable of experiencing our own emotions for ourselves, thanks very much.

Many of us are too familiar with the blame and shame the cult used on us and taught us to use on others to discourage disagreement and belittle individual, personal opinions. Please stick to objective facts, comments or questions and skip the emotional blame/shame/regret/humiliation :puke2: icky emotional appeal angle out of the discussion, thanks.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
See immediately before my post.
The idiotic idea that scientology was somehow involved in her suicide, that it may be murder by drug overdose, speculation about failed schemes to get Carey into scientology, bringing LSD on toothbrushes into it, speculation about being forced to write a suicide note... etc etc etc
She'd apparently been off-lines for up to 6 months.
All this speculation about scientology somehow being the cause of her death seems ridiculous to me. The worst that could be said about scientology's involvement is that it obviously didn't help her.
I'd be even more specific but can hardly bear to read this thread for cringing at the idiocy. :duh:

That is really pushing the idea of scientology's involvement to the least possible cause. Surely friends and family are grieving but also must be looking for answers to why she would end her own life. If scientology was involved in a persons life for an extended period of time there is a very good chance that that person was brought to an unwell state of mind by the processes that scientology involved them in. When a person involved in scientology ends their own life that should be one of the first areas to look to for possible answers. scientology is not a mental wellness program, it is a mental un-wellness program. This becomes obvious by reading about all the delusional thinking that went on while people, who have shared their stories of scientology involvement, were going through the processes of scientology.

HelluvaHoax!

Unrelated musing: Assuming for arguments sake that Nazanin Boniadi had irrefutable and damning evidence of Scientology's "grooming" of her, on the explicit instructions of Miscavige to be the next Mrs Tom Cruise, and OSA got wind that she was going to provide it to the major media,

what would they do to prevent it being made public?

Interesting question!

ANSWER: With staff/SO, their first instinct is to throw the person into the RPF where the degradation and re-indoctrination can begin...and be runfor years until they surrender their mind (see Orwell's 1984) and learn to love big brother (Hubbard, COB, et al) or until they are fully broken, seriously ill or dead.

With public like Nazanin Boniadi, their first instinct is to throw the person into ETHICS where the degradation, confessionals and re-indoctrination can begin...with "amends projects" such as cleaning Flag toilets with a toothbrush. For the "high crime" of telling someone she was sad that Tom Cruise had her chosen, groomed, cosmetically altered and then (unexpectedly) booted off his property by COS goons.

Isolated example? Hardly.

With public like Leah Remini, their first instinct was, likewise, to throw the person into ETHICS where the degradation, confessionals and re-indoctrination can begin...with Leah going through several months at Flag of grueling Sec Checks, after which they forced her to pay $300,000--because she asked COB where her friend (his wife) was. That was followed by campaigns of further degradation, threats, terrorism and fair game.

Very curiously, Scientology has NEVER figured out how to effectively crush and overwhelm public scientologists. With the Sea Org members, they can be hidden on other continents, locked in cult prisons under 24 hour guard and forced to do endless re-indocrination "black Scn" for years, until they go zombie. Or escape like Rathbun, Rinder, Headley et al. Then they attack them as private ex-scientologists and that always ends up in epic international PR flaps like Paul Haggis.

Think about it. If the cult had applied TR-0 with Haggis (sit there and do nothing) there never would have been a New Yorker feature article. There never would have been a bestselling book "GOING CLEAR". There never would have been a blockbuster documentary on "GOING CLEAR".

Have I mentioned recently that the cult is indescribably stupid? LOL

Lone Star

Crusader
Jim Carrey himself has been using psychiatric therapy for years. It's a documented fact. He's been very open about it. About five years ago 60 Minutes did a segment on Jim and his success in overcoming depression and desire to commit suicide. He took anti-depressant medication and may still be taking it. His girlfriend certainly knew this.

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
If history proves anything about Scientology, it's that there are always more and still-undetected shocking revelations about thefts, imprisonments, kidnappings, physical beatings, terrorism, stalking and attempts to destroy or murder their enemies.

Only a fool would not speculate that many of these felonious campaigns have yet to be discovered.

What's not speculation is that the cult is shrinking and has become a laughingstock, and its leader has become more and more desperate to tighten the screws on the remaining true believers. That being the case , it is not far-fetched to speculate what lengths he would go to in applying the Hubs policy of "ruining utterly" any enemies or disposing of anyone who has become a problem.

What is a psychopath, who has delusions of grandeur and billions at his disposal, truly capable of? Is there anything he would NOT do to try to keep control of his empire? Destroying enemies, getting even, covering up embarrassments.....

It's hard not to speculate what might actually be going on.

Maybe Panda's e-meter (embarrassment meter) is not working very well. Because when he was in Scientology, he wasn't "embarrassed" at all to be part of the GO/OSA. They hid their insane crimes and evil acts right under his nose, and not only did he miss it entirely, he didn't even "speculate" that something might be terribly wrong about what he was doing.

Yet now he feels qualified to lecture and silence ex-scientologists by asserting that he knows what Scientology is doing or not doing in their black ops division. He knows that Scientology didn't have any hand in the death or suicide of certain persons. How does he know? He sure has a crap ass record of "knowing" what was going on three inches away when he worked for the GO/OSA, so how does that qualify him now to try to shut others up? LOL

What you said. Absolutely!!!

Lone Star

Crusader
From Hollywood Life...

“Cathriona’s death is a terrible tragedy, but it didn’t really come as that much of a shock to people who knew her well. She battled depression for most of her life. In fact it was one of the ways she and Jim connected. When he was up, he would try to help her, when she was up, she’d try to help him, and when they were both in a depressive state they would lean on each other. Sometimes they wouldn’t get out of bed for days at a time and just keep the curtains drawn,” a source close to the couple told HollywoodLife.com....

“Jim would sometimes take her out to Hollywood parties, but Cathriona was so shy. You could tell she felt awkward and uncomfortable and just wanted to go home,” the source went on. “It’s not like the end of their relationship is what caused her to take her own life. Depression was something she suffered from most days, but she was really dependent on Jim, especially since he was one of her only friends in the states. That, and she was madly in love with him. When their relationship ended she felt like she had nothing left to live for. So sad because she was gorgeous, talented, and very sweet and kind.”

This Daily Mail article is quite long and in depth. (Not the same as above). It includes comments from family and old friends who all knew her well. Not one mention of Scientology. When it's all said and done I'm betting that the Scientology connection will end up being just a very small factor in her life. I see no reason why the cult would want to kill her. The fact is that her struggle with depression was life long. Something she had in common with Carrey.

Panda is right about the nonsense some of you are spewing. But I'm sure the facts won't cause any of you from having diarrhea of the mouth.

So puke on pukers.....

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Wait, wuttt?

Jim Carrey gave NOI a donation of $150K? Wasn't that Will Smith who did that?

What are you saying that Jim Carrey did wrong? I can't follow your post at all. Help!

Neither can I ! I fucked up ! It was Will Smith the scientologist who gave the NOI the 150 K - is that not fucked up ?

My bad, I stirred the wrong pot.