What's new

Jim Little - Ex-Cult Member St. Louis

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes, we have a pretty good Flip camcorder we are using. Going to make them in to 10 to 15 mins videos. The first one to address the Declare that was written. Its as slanderous as can be and would be a waste of time and money to fight.

Going to make a video and address it line by line then make a video of my experience with the cult over the last 22 years. Just the highlights. Nothing like being in the Sea Org but just the stupidity and justifications I did over the years to think I was apart of something good then realizing its all a bunch of horse#*%&.

Excellent. 10-15 minutes is fine. For the benefit of some others I will say that YouTube *used* to have a 10-minute limit, but they increased it to 15 minutes.

I don't know if you use the latest version of Windows Movie Maker (the Windows 7 one), but it works very well. They have a "publish" feature where you can publish direct to YouTube, Facebook etc. I found that using that option produces a movie that goes to YouTube of the same quality as the one you get by saving it to your computer first and then separately uploading it, in *half* the space. In other words, it will upload in half the time. I haven't had it fail on me in the past four tries either, and the other route failed half the time, which is annoying when it takes an hour before it up and fails on you. I'm publishing one to YouTube as I write this.

Have fun!

Paul

auntpat

Patron with Honors
Hi Neighbor

I am in Omaha, NE. Just a hop and a skip ftrom you. Glad to know there is some sanity here in the mid-west.

I worked here in the mission of Don Hill. That was the beggining of the end for me. Been out since '73.

I hope you and your wife are enjoying the the freedom and fresh air, Am looking forward to your stories.

Love and Light,
Pat

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello !

Hi Jim and :welcome: Glad you are out and I hope to read your stories soon.

Life is good out here :yes: :thumbsup: :D

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
Most of all welcome to the board. I'm sure you'll find all the ways to use this great tool. :welcome:

Congratulations are in order for having a real piece of paper that says "whatever" to justify issuing it in the first place and to point fingers at you and your family. :hattip:

And as mentioned before, there are a whole slew of folks here on esmb who have been told, they were declared; but no paper was ever produced. And some have even been told "others" have seen their declare but its not allowed outside of the Org. So you see its rather a big deal to actually have one and a most rare occasion to have a multiple declare.:bowdown:

Oh my - I must say it is indeed an artifact to be secured for posterity.:congratulations:

We look forward to seeing your postings after the big reveal with the video.
:winner:

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: Jim - would love to see the Goldenrod you got.:yes:

It's a badge of honour here and you've made a lot of people very jealous.:bigcry:

Mine got "stolen from the staff noticeboard" in Sydney.:roflmao:

Div6

Crusader
Welcome to the Golden Age of Scientology.....GoldenRod, that is. :D

You are in good company here, plenty of delcared SP's....watch out for Alanzo though....he has yet to get his goldenrod, and he gets a bit testy about it some times. I keep telling him he just had to work harder, but after all of that, they still won't declare him.

Looking forward to yoru stories.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hi Jim

So glad to read your post and that you and most of your family are out! It's such a win for all of us out here when this happens. Thanks for the :happydance: good news.

I know it's hard to deal with but your son is like many. I did th same thing with some family members. Here is my suggestion. Keep loving your son because that is what disconnection attempts to sever. Do whatever you can to get the message across that you love him, no matter what. Postcards, txt messages, facebook ( maybe even under a fake name so his wife won't know)... just send love and good wishes. I wish that had been done to me because it took years to wake up and then more in order to repair the immediate family disconnections.

Congrats :thumbsup: on the golden rod! StL must have thought you'd all 'come to your senses' and crawl back in once you saw it! How wrong that was!

Best wishes,

Mary

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Jim! Great to hear you are out and most of your family with you. Things will only get better from here.

I'd suggest you kick up a huge fuss about the disconnection from your son. The cult still denies it practices disconnection, so it is a great one to shove in their face on videos, TV interviews if you're up to it, letters to members of parliament, the IRS and so on.

With everyone doing their bit, the CoS won't be around to put families through their shredder much longer.

Oh, and did I say :welcome2: to ESMB!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Welcome, Jim (and Family).
I'm very happy to hear that you're out of it all and looking forward to your story and videos. :)

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
After the IAS donations & Ideal Org donations then they get to Robin and she has to find those last few dollars on their credit card for their next service.

These days the IAS and Ideal Org reges are on the routing forms ahead of the org reg? (I haven't been taking services in many years)

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Greetings Jim Little !
I get to welcome a Newbie when I am *ONLY* 2 days older than you on this board ! :):happydance:

I resonate with you on the the tissue of lies on the SP declare.

Dm's cult was apparently too chicken to mail me a copy of mine, but carefully mailed it to certain strategic locations to be well hidden in the MAA's drawer for specific viewing.
Well within days more than one old comm line of mine FAXED me my copy.

Oh the codswallop and baloney:whistling::whistling:

One of the sentences is that a I flatly refused to study standard LRH Tech LOL.

I refused to study the "Basics"

!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to compare notes on the LIES and Hogwash they put on these declares.....

This is a "Church" that LIES in a mere effort to attack those that do not toe the party line.

Ever heard of a "Church" that carries on like this ?
And with a 501C3 tax exemption to boot !

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Yes, our disconnected son/stepson is dating Barry's daughter, and poor Robin Hanses who I have always liked and still do, is having one hell of a time reggin people for services.

I still like both of them.

They don't like me, though.

After the IAS donations & Ideal Org donations then they get to Robin and she has to find those last few dollars on their credit card for their next service.

I can't IMAGINE what it would be like to STILL be on staff there!

OH MY GOD THE MONOTONY!

Here's a confession: I was one of the main people to introduce Barry to Scientology, and I am the person who first recruited him on staff.

That was 24 years ago.

He's been on staff for 24 YEARS!

monotonmonotonymonotonmonotonymonotonmonotonymonotonmonotony

fortymarriedandbalding

Patron with Honors
Welcome Jim. Glad you got so much of your family out with you.

I have to agree with Alanzo on trying to keep your videos under 10 minutes, particularly if you want to capture a new audience and not just the critic community.

Most peoples attention span is very short and only a very small percentage of videos will hold a casual surfers attention for 15 minutes.

Try and keep the jargon down as well.

Please let us know when your first vids are online.