ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Johannesburg Org

Discussion in 'Other Locations' started by AmIFree, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

Great to hear from and about So. Africa.

I did the Briefing Course at St. Hill in the early 60s and met many So. Africans. Good people.

Hey, the "First Clear" :giggle: was from So. Africa.

2. AmIFree

AmIFree Patron

I think that was Hilda Jaffe? Maybe not, but I know I knew who it was at the time. Yawn, old age sucks LOL.....:melodramatic:

3. AmIFree

AmIFree Patron

Sorry to say, but Des has, or is about to, dropped the body.

That's lousy, especially when still so young. Smoking eh? Loads of Scn's smoked in Jo'burg Org!

Good trip Des, it was good knowing you. I wonder who he will return as!

4. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

It was John McMaster.

5. AmIFree

AmIFree Patron

That's the ticket! Gawd Skollie, you are a very knowlegable dude aren't you! :thumbsup:

6. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

The first guy to do OT-3 after LRH was also from Joburg - Chris Weideman.

7. AmIFree

AmIFree Patron

Oh yes, what a lovely man. And his wife was lovely too, Corrie I think her name was. I wonder if they are still "in" or deceased or what!

8. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

Yar, 'twas John McMaster 'twas. John and I got along extremely well.

The so-called "Clearing Course" lineplot of today was put together by John. He told me the story of how it went, doing all the "research" auditing at the time. He related that he was sitting on a toilet at St. Hill when he had his final "Clear cognition".

:hysterical:

9. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Years back I met a lady in Los Angeles who also spoke of auditing on the toilet. Do they do a lot of toilet auditing in South Africa? :eyeroll:

10. Illegal Alien

Illegal Alien Patron with Honors

:roflmao::hysterical:

As they say about life "from ashes to ashes dust to dust"

We say about Scio " from shit comes shit and in shit it will be revealed that this is all shit, hail to the great porcelain throne of deep thought":bowdown:

11. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Oh, do tell. I think most scios assume Hubbard put together that CC line plot.

Paul

12. Illegal Alien

I second Dulloldfart here.

Please give us the ins and outs on this

13. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

I don't have a lotta ins and outs on it except my personal conversations with John.

Just after he went "Clear" he headed for FCDC in Washington, DC. And when he got there I wasn't on staff at the time so a "mission" was sent to get me to come in and see John. I was living in Alexandria, Va. with my wife and daughter at the time.

Natalie Fisher was the "missionaire".

Well, OK, I liked John a lot so I went in to see him and we had multiple personal conversations about it. I could keep up with him as I was a BC graduate and was familiar with all the lineplot research we had been doing.

As to specifically what the auditing procedure John was working on, I do not know, but it consisted of some sort of roll-your-own lineplot making. Well he finally had this huge cognition and realized he was "Clear". Subsequently he was running around St. Hill just loaded with love and expressing it openly. This was when Hubbard-thing responded with the bulletin What Is Greatness.

I'd like to see some input on this from someone who was at St. Hill at the time John went so-called "Clear".

14. Veda

Veda Sponsor

For a look at the 1963 Helatrobus Implants, the milieu out of which the rest followed (and it seems unlikely any - then -"upper level" Scientologists would not have been influenced by Hubbard's recently re-newed emphasis on Implants), scroll down past photo and past 'Advanced Level 1' (which appears to be OT 1 from a few years later), and go to HCO Bulletin 14 July AD 13, Routine 3N Line Plots:

http://theblemish.com/2008/01/scientology-makes-sense

15. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

I've had many conversations on this over the past 15 years on the internet. At this point I would usually bring Alan into it, but he skipped out on us.

(Oh he'll have a giggle on that one.)

16. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

17. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Was Scientology ever active in the antiapartheid movement? Based on L Ron Hubbard's own descriptions of the "natives", I suspect not, but it would be interesting to have that confirmed or disproved by someone who was there.

18. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

19. Illegal Alien

To my knowledge not at all. Through the mid eighties and until Nelson Mandela was freed nothing was mentioned as to a drive to abolish apartheid. During that time I can not remember any African staff or public in the Orgs I was involved with.

Now it is a different story though as the African is desperate to work and really, in the majority uneducated so they will buy into anything that offers a better way of living or work.

If I remember correctly at the end of the apartheid, Scientology in South Africa I think CCHR did a big campaign where essentially Scientology painted itself as an ally of the New African Government. During white rule Scientology did not push this line; only after Government changed.

Using CCHR they exposed the abuses to the Africans in the Psych Hospitals linking the abuses to white German psychs and psychiatry in general
    A number of these hospitals were closed down. But like anything in Scio this was over a certain period, as the new big drive and then it died out.
    In my opinion this made the new Government look favorably upon Scientology which is really what Scio wanted.

A lot of the promotion during this time period was on pushing the buttons of the new Government offering help with the illiteracy and bettering the life of the disadvantaged African nation.

CCHR was very busy during this time of change in South Africa.
    From my understanding mast of the Orgs now are still about the same size as they were in the 90's except of course JHB with help from DM's account.

Looking back I dont think Scio did this to get new public. To move on the bridge you need money a lot of it and the local Africans could not afford this. In Scio general mentality you would not put importance on something that would not be of benefit like a paying public. Scio will not spend time with a disabled person "Its to late for them next life" so why all this big push with the disadvantaged Africans. A chance for good PR perhaps.

I don't know what is being done now in South Africa with CCHR, Way to Happiness and ABLE. If anyone has current info on that it would be good to know.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  20. wizardofoz

wizardofoz Patron

Nelson Mandela

During some IAS campaign in the early 90's I was asked to donate money for a Way to Happiness (or some such) program in South Africa. They said that the Afrikaans and Zulu people were proud nations that should be supported but that Nelson Mandela and the ANC were just a bunch of communists. When I questioned this the reply was "This is the data from Int Management and you're not suggesting they would lie are you?". I did not donate to that campaign