ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Johannesburg Org

Discussion in 'Other Locations' started by AmIFree, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Illegal Alien

Illegal Alien Patron with Honors

Good call. Scientology had it wrong then and nothing has changed.
    Minority brutally leading the majority it was just a matter of time before the Africans would get their country back.
    In my books Mandela is a legend and deserves the Noble Peace price 10 times over.
    Reading his autobiography was awesome. Having grown up In South Africa during all this it becomes visible how much propaganda lies were feed to the South African nation by the white "nazi" control freaks that were the governments of apartheid.

2. Lesley

Lesley New Member

I remember Hancock, Polly Street, Commissioner Street, the Portuguese restaurant and the Hogarths - very well.

3. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

:welcome: Leslie - wanna tell us your story? :drama:

4. Lesley

Lesley New Member

I knew Des Khoury well. Is he still with us?

5. Lesley

Lesley New Member

Not yet:) but I will! while I am here I would like to ask if anyone knew Peggie Labuschagne from the Johannesburg org and would be delighted if they would message me. thanks.

6. Robert H

Robert H Patron

I am afraid that Des Khoury is dead. He died a few months ago.

Peggy also died quite a while ago. I think she died before 2000. She had Cancer. I took over from her as the Qual Sec on Joburg Day. Although we did not know it, I think she must have been ill around that time. It was only a few years later that she dropped it.

7. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

How about Hero Dresser? She was a favourite of mine. Anyone know if she's still OK?

8. Robert H

Robert H Patron

As far as I know, Hero is doing well. She has her own field group, and audits all day. She was on and off OT VII. I think there were problems with finance to pay for it. So I am not sure if she is on this at the moment.

She was an interesting case as regards the "Golden Age of Tech". She was a good auditor before, and then did the line-up. I remember her saying that it was not that big a deal. She had all of the data anyway. I think she also landed up in trouble at Flag because Joburg Org was trying to get her on staff, and she refused.

I really liked her as a person and auditor. A good being.

9. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

I actually heard from yet another woman that she also went clear on the toilet at St. Hill many years ago. That makes three confirmed cases of clearing on the toilet.

Maybe there is something to this! :whistling:

10. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

Scientology is "non-political in nature" when it suits them. They become active only when they think the PR value will suit them.

Yes, God help a disabled person! Again, not a "charitable" organization as we know, neither financially nor by their actions.

11. Lesley

Lesley New Member

I'm sorry to hear about Des - I really liked him. Yes, I knew that Peggy was dead and I too believe that she carried the illness for quite awhile before acknowledging it. Hero Dresser I remember well too, and liked a lot. She and Peggy were great friends.

12. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

I know this is the Jo'burg thread but does anyone have any news of the old Capetown & Durban stalwarts?
    (I'm thinking of people like Ella Day etc.)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  13. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome Lesley :welcome: That Portuguese restaurant was the best!

14. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

One Cape Town stalwart is right here - but that was probably long before your time.

Thanks for the data on Peggy and Hero. Much appreciated. they are two of Scientology's finest. They exemplify the very best of everything that is good and noble in Scientology - something that it seems very few people on this board have ever experienced.

15. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Right, Leon. I knew that. The last time I saw Ella she had routed onto FSO Crew and wasn't looking her usual chipper self. I sometimes think of these wonderful people I've met through scientology, people from all over the world, and hope that they've managed to build or rebuild meaningful lives for themselves.

16. AmIFree

AmIFree Patron

Hello People, I have been away for a while but a glad to see that the thread I started has done so well.... thank you to all who replied on it.

To Lesley, I must know you - probably well. Would you be so kind as to PM me? I don't mind saying who I am to you behind the scenes... LOL.

Yep - chicken, that's me! :ohmy:

17. dianaclass8

dianaclass8 Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi AmIFree; here is a story on Ryan Hogarth I just published on my blog:

http://aidathomas.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/stories-of-disconnection-in-scientology/