What's new

John Travolta appears in court this week.

Free Being Me

Crusader
My condolences to JT for the loss of his son. Having it happen so publicly with scrutiny on every detail is an arena I don't envy.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is it the money? It seems odd they the CoS would want anything to do with disclosure...?

But if Tommy says they didn't advise them to go forward with the trial, I'm inclined to think they did....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32992169/ns/entertainment-gossip/

"Celebrities are constantly being extorted, but you rarely see things get to the point where they go to court over it,” said one source. “There’s talk they’re in court because the church (of Scientology) advises they do that.”

In the case of Travolta, Davis said that a Scientology link is “utterly ridiculous” and “the church does not dispense legal advice” and did not advise Travolta and Preston to move forward with their extortion case.

Hopefully it is a sign that JT has fight in him.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
AOL header today...

Is John Travolta Leaving Scientology?
Posted Tuesday 29 September 03:01 PM By: PopEater Staff
144 Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRINT | E-MAIL More

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After John Travolta took the witness stand last week and testified that his late son Jett was autistic, people wondered if The Church of Scientology would soon lose one of its high-profile members. Until then, Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston said their son had Kawasaki disease, a rare condition that causes arterial inflammation because autism is not recognized in the church.

Because autism is often treated with the types of mood-stabilizing drugs that Scientology opposes, Jett is believed to have gone without appropriate treatment for years because of the church's teachings.

Back in July, the 55-year-old actor denied reports claiming he was abandoning Scientology following the death of his son Jett (via PEOPLE.) But now, he's keeping quiet and refuses to comment on his relationship with the church.

Tory Christman, an outspoken Scientology critic who left after more than 30 years in the organization told The Daily Beast that Travolta's admittance of Jett having autism was a sure sign he'd be leaving the church.

"My hope for him is that he starts looking" at what really happened, she said. "He'll reach the right decision... I just don't want him to be used by the church. It's horrible he lost his son but change something. He's a guy who could really make a difference."

Christman, who is epileptic, said the institution has little tolerance for chronic conditions and pushed her to stop her medication and use vitamins and supplements instead. The first time she cut back on her medications, she had a grand mal seizure in her bathroom and knocked out her front teeth. She says she resumed her medication but tried to stop again in the face of continued objections from the church-- and again faced disastrous results.

Tommy Davis, a spokesman for Scientology, denounced former Scientologists who are critical of the church as "liars," adding, "It's a horrific, horrific thing for these people to take the tragic death of a young boy and try to turn it on his parents' religion."

"This religion is utterly and completely about helping. It's just insane to think that Scientology would be a factor in somebody not getting all the help they need," Davis added.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tommy Davis, a spokesman for Scientology, denounced former Scientologists who are critical of the church as "liars," adding, "It's a horrific, horrific thing for these people to take the tragic death of a young boy and try to turn it on his parents' religion."

"This religion is utterly and completely about helping. It's just insane to think that Scientology would be a factor in somebody not getting all the help they need," Davis added.

Fuck you Tommy Davis. Fuck you.

That is all I have to say to that puppet.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
You must of been reading my mind! :D

It is people like him, staff and S.O. and even public who give that midget the power he has. Fuck him. FUCK HIM. (I need a smiley that shakes its fist in the air!) HE KNOWS he is lying! It kills me!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It is people like him, staff and S.O. and even public who give that midget the power he has. Fuck him. FUCK HIM. (I need a smiley that shakes its fist in the air!) HE KNOWS he is lying! It kills me!

Could'nt find any fist-shaking smilies, but does this one approach the correct tone? :violent:

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Something is stinking here

http://www.thenassauguardian.com/national_local/295652895065308.php

http://www.thenassauguardian.com/national_local/343347603165358.php

"Lightbourn said Jett Travolta's veins had collapsed and his body was stiff as he lay on the bathroom floor. Someone in the room suggested that those present would receive a lot of money if they stayed quiet, he said, adding he thought this was part of a cover-up. Lightbourn did not say to whom he was referring."

"Travolta testified he initially told the ambulance driver to rush them to an airport where his private jet was parked and where Travolta, who is a pilot, planned to fly his son to a West Palm Beach, Florida, hospital instead of driving him to one in nearby Freeport."
The paramedic, however, asked Travolta to sign a statement releasing the ambulance company from liability.

"I received a liability of release document. I signed it. I did not read it. Time was of the essence," Travolta testified earlier in the trial. While he and his wife were riding in the ambulance with their son, they decided to divert to the hospital. At the hospital, the actor was told his son "wasn't alive," he said."

"Lightbourn said his eyes popped when Travolta's attorney offered him $15 million for the document Travolta signed. Travolta's attorney testified the negotiations between Lightbourn and himself were all part of the Bahamian police sting.

On Wednesday, Travolta attorney Michael Ossi told CNN he could not comment on specifics in the case. "The statements made today are not evidence, but what has already been placed into evidence speaks for itself," he said.

Defense attorneys have attempted to convince the jury that Travolta's attorney came to the Bahamas to "set up" their clients. Murrio Ducille, who represents Bridgewater, said to Travolta's attorney, "you came to the island with evil in your heart."

"Bridgewater maintained that she would never seek to extort money from Travolta and was shocked and disgraced when she was arrested just days after she met with McDermott. She said she believes that she will ultimately be vindicated.

"I have never taken anything from anybody. I have never sought to gain from people's tragedies," she said. "I have learned to depend on Jesus and I know that God will vindicate me in all of this. No one should have to go through this.

"I maintain my 100 percent innocence. What Allyson and McDermott and the others did to me, I leave that to God."

Bridgewater briefly broke down in tears during a short recess not long after her statement. Her family consoled her."

Is it the smell of OSA????? You know what I mean? I'm talking of "always attack" in order to hide Scientology crimes.:unsure: :angry:
And I even find very strong similatities with the Lisa Mc Pherson case.
What do you think about it?

I hope John Travolta will end this soon - or he will be never happy again in his life. All these lies only to protect the Church of Scientology or even to hide his own guilt.
John please wake up! You know what happened so would you please end this - it is a shame!

Love

Markus

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
My condolences to JT for the loss of his son. Having it happen so publicly with scrutiny on every detail is an arena I don't envy.

Me, too. The controversy is whether John's Scientology beliefs/practices contributed to his son's death. Was his son taking the current modern meds for his condition or not? That is the question.

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
On this NY Daily News page, there is a link to the Worlds Stupidest Inventions - stupid invention #29 is the photo of Hubbard with the e-meter hooked up to a tomato.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
On this NY Daily News page, there is a link to the Worlds Stupidest Inventions - stupid invention #29 is the photo of Hubbard with the e-meter hooked up to a tomato.

I like #7 - a cigerette holder that can hold an entire pack of cigerettes at the same time so you are not limited to smoking just one. :D

Or this (you your can can help dust the floors as it strolls around):

Attachments

• gal_invention_cat-duster-slippers.jpg
    gal_invention_cat-duster-slippers.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 26