What's new

John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Home

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Heritage Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Former Home.

Sec Check: LRH Home – Bayhead

https://seccheck.wordpress.com/2014/11/15/lrh-home-bayhead/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Scientology has been restoring L. Ron Hubbard’s former home at 666 East Ave, Bay Head, NJ as a new “heritage site” to join similar museums in Johannesburg, Washington DC, London and Arizona. Based on these photos, John Travolta was on hand for the grand opening today.

B2gmS5BIQAAKnjS_zps7379e988.jpg

B2gZ7VuCEAAbXH0_zps5a71450c.jpg

B2gpkIuIYAAoL2S_zps889933bb.jpg

From the Scientology web page:

The home where Dianetics and Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard authored Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health stands fully restored today in Bay Head, New Jersey, an hour south of New York City on the Atlantic shore.

Following meticulous restoration, Mr. Hubbard’s Bay Head residence stands today exactly as it did when he lived here. Through original artifacts, informative displays and photographs, the home relates the origin of the book that provided the means to release the full potential of the human mind.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

This cross-post is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
88x31.png

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
Re: Grand Opening of Scientology Heritage Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Former Ho

Anyone know LRH North Hollywood address when he wrote the VA pleading to get mental aid? Be funny if he was close to where Bukowski lived in NH.

Veda

Sponsor
666 house in Bay Head, NJ

The Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation, also of the same "666" address, was incorporated in April, 1950. There were seven trustees, one of which was Mrs. L. Ron Hubbard, Sara.

All the trustees and their addresses are listed in the incorporation document.

Sara's (Mrs. Hubbard's) address is "Post Office box 666, Bay Head, New Jersey."

What are the chances of two accidental "666" addresses?

?

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Ho

I have to wonder if it's been restored to how it was or how someone would like us to think it was.

I saw Saint Hill manor before restoration, there were shopping bags just left by Hubbard, it felt full of his and Mary-Sue's presence. Since then the tired ugly fifties furniture has been replaced with the right sort of antiques that a man of taste would have had. Hubbard was not a refined man of taste, his stuff was brash and cheap, and out of place in a Country House like that. I should imagine that the same re writing of history has changed the inside of this place to a set from seven brides for seven brothers chintz or gingham dream the furniture tasteful and carefully coordinated, and that the original was far from it. Mary Sue might have had taste, I really don't think he did.

Veda

Sponsor
666 East Avenue, Bay Head, NJ

Besides Sara N. Hubbard of Post Office box 666 being a trustee, Arthur R. Ceppos, John W. Campbell, and Joseph A. Winter were also trustees.

In October 1950, trustee Dr. J.A. Winter, who had written the 'Introduction' to 'Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health', resigned in protest from the Hubbard Dianetic Foundation. He described the ideals presented by Hubbard as "lip service."

In March of 1951, trustee John Campbell, publisher of 'Astounding Science Fiction', also resigned in protest against the "cult" of Dianetics.

And, of course, Sara divorced Hubbard in April 1951.

Meanwhile, Hubbard was busy writing letters to the FBI describing many of his former Dianetic associates as communists and communist sympathizers. For example:

sarafbi2.gif

Hubbard wrote about former trustee Dr. Joseph A. Winter and former trustee Arthur Ceppos, in 1959, in his 'HCO Manual of Justice':

Dianetics and Scientology are self-protecting sciences. If one attacks them one attacks all the know-how of the mind. It caves in the bank. It's gruesome sometimes. At this instance there are men hiding in terror on Earth because they found out what they were attacking. There are men dead because they attacked us - for instance Dr. Joe Winter
[wrote Introduction to 'DMSMH', and the book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics' with an Introduction by Fritz Perls]. He simply realized what he did and died. There are men bankrupt because they attacked us - [Don] Purcell, Ridgeway, [publisher of 'DMSMH'] Ceppos.

_____​

And Hubbard wrote about Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation trustees Sara N. Hubbard and Arthur Ceppos in the 1969 issue, 'Intelligence Actions - Covert Data Collection' All parentheses in original:

The objective of the enemy is to discredit... Their first blast was from the San Francisco papers, Sept. 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including the murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicists stayed near Caltech), Gene Benton and his wife - president of the Young Communists League... This was a full war against Dianetics.

____​

This is an interesting story, firstly because of the apparent double use of the number 666 in two addresses, and, secondly, because of the trustees, notably the four mentioned above.

Scientology Inc., by drawing attention to this house, has, potentially, opened a "can of worms."

____

Hubbard_divorce_headlines.jpg

Last edited:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Ho

Love the big 666 house number on the bannister in that photo. No subtly there. Obviously Hubbard like to use the number for a reason.

I have to wonder if it's been restored to how it was or how someone would like us to think it was.

I saw Saint Hill manor before restoration, there were shopping bags just left by Hubbard, it felt full of his and Mary-Sue's presence. Since then the tired ugly fifties furniture has been replaced with the right sort of antiques that a man of taste would have had. Hubbard was not a refined man of taste, his stuff was brash and cheap, and out of place in a Country House like that. I should imagine that the same re writing of history has changed the inside of this place to a set from seven brides for seven brothers chintz or gingham dream the furniture tasteful and carefully coordinated, and that the original was far from it. Mary Sue might have had taste, I really don't think he did.

No surprise there, but interesting to hear a first hand account and you are spot on that these refurbished places that they have hired professional interior decorators to make the places appear like Hubbard had taste and refinement, which he didn't.

I'd actually like to see more detailed examples of the redone interiors because even hiring professionals, if Davey is the last word of approval, means they will still look god awful. DM's taste is just as bad as Hubbard's, DM does bad gilded late 1980's style like no one else. You can tell he thinks ornate and gold is the last word in taste and looking important. lol

Hubbard had godawful taste, no surprise if you've ever seen any photos of him and his taste in clothes. Just extrapolate his terrible taste in clothes to living quarters. His "dream" home being built at INT long ago, Bonnie view, was a nightmare of what a tacky American thinks "Scottish" looks like combined with over done naval motifs.

Hubbard wanted things that projected "wealth and success" and like most film flam men all his choice just scream terrible taste and lack of refinement. It all boils down to what Hubbard thought made him looks smart/authoritative/rich and it looked terrible, but might have conned young adult who didn't know any better.

t think Grant Cordone is today's equal in Hubbard's terrible taste and complete ignorance of good taste and design. The words bespoke, refinement and subtly were concepts that never entered the world of Hubbard.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader

^^^^ so it that a toupee? I thought Travolta had gone bald.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

The outside looks different than this house which according to Scientology's caption is the same house:

images-lt-p.109.jpg

campbell-hubbardwb.jpg

L. Ron Hubbard, left, and John W. Campbell

The restored house:
l-ron-hubbard-house-bay-head.jpg

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

^^^^ so it that a toupee? I thought Travolta had gone bald.

Yes, he has many very bad toupees and it usually looks like his "hair" has been spray painted on, like a black plastic helmet. (See his "Christmas Album" photo with Olivia Newton John for a truly terrifying and hilarious example of this.) I think his innumerable hair transplants started failing or were no long viable for his poor abused scalp more than 15 years ago. He makes Ronald Reagan look all natural by comparison.

Veda

Sponsor
666 dianetics house celebration

This story is not about John Travolta's toupee.

It's about the Crowley (666) connection, the almost instant disillusionment of key Dianeticists, and Hubbard's bizarre statements about them, and their statements about him.

It's about a part of the Dianetic saga that Scientology Inc. has sought to bury for over sixty years.

I hope someone who's on the ball will make the most of this and publicize the important parts.

Some anon protests at this "heritage site" - emphasizing the 666 connection, and the bizarre history - would be a welcome sight.

20111105__news05space1107~1_VIEWER.jpg

Leland

Crusader

SORRY for the thread derail Veda! :nervous: LOL

I recall that statement of LRH on one of the BC tapes...."my very good friend, Alester Crowley." :omg:

At that time .....I had to go out an buy one of his books....and read a bit of it. I still have it in a box....yet to be unpacked.

Last edited:

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious

Maybe they'll include the wife he never had.

htz1xu.jpg

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Re: Grand Opening of Scientology Heritage Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Former Ho

Anyone know LRH North Hollywood address when he wrote the VA pleading to get mental aid? Be funny if he was close to where Bukowski lived in NH.

Russell Miller only wrote of the trailer LRH & Sara rented in the "seediest part of North Hollywood" in the mid-40s, which I suspect was the seedy industrial area of NH in the area of N. Lankershim & Burbank Blvd. (west of I-170).

http://www.american-buddha.com/cult.barefacedmessiah.8.htm

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

This house is a pretty good match for the house used in the master.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

Do you know what the writing on the photo says? I can't make most of it out.
I can recognize:
Heinlein
Reproduction
under
Site User

Obviously a watermark from the Heinlein-archive. This leads me to the conclusion, that this picture was probably attached to one of El Cons letters.

Draco

The house in the picture above is actually the house across the road from the newly opened "LRH House" - go onto street view in Google Maps and check it out.
Perhaps the current owners of the original house were not willing to sell, so they got the house across the road?

Thought nobody would notice...they should know better by now!:duh: