What's new

John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Home

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Ho

Sara was evidently still speaking to her husband in April 1950 when she became a trustee of the HDSF, Inc.

But PO BOX 666 is just a post box, not a geographical address, unlike all the other addresses.

Corporation Records, District of Columbia, revealed that Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation, Incorporated, is a New Jersey Corporation started in April, 1950, and maintains offices at 666 East Bay Head, New Jersey, and 2065 Hill Top Road, Westfield, New Jersey. Trustees of the Corporation were shown as follows:

L. RON HUBBARD, Explorers, 10 West 72nd Street, New York, New York.
ARTHUR R. CEPPOS, 177 Madison Avenue, New York, New York.
JOHN W. CAMPBELL, Jr., 2065 Hill Top Road, Westfield, New Jersey.
DONALD H. ROGERS, 41 Fourth Street, Fanwood, New Jersey.
JOSEPH A. WINTER, M.D., 11 Beacon Boulevard, Sea Girt, New Jersey.
SARA N. HUBBARD, Post Office Box 666, Bay Head, New Jersey.

C. PARKER MORGAN, 1143 East Jersey Street, Elizabeth, New Jersey.
[PARAGRAPH BLACKED OUT]
[PARAGRAPH BLACKED OUT]

Credit Bureau reports reflect that the Hubbard Foundation has main offices at 275 Morris Avenue, Elizabeth, New Jersey, and a local office at 2025 Eye [s/b I Street] Street, Northwest. [REMAINDER OF PARAGRAPH BLACKED OUT]

This does not conflict with the theory that they were living in a room at 664 provided out of charity by John Campbell. 664 is shown in all the photographs, including the one showing Hub and John Campbell. Number 666 is shown in none of them. 664 backs on to a sandy beach as Hubbard describes and 666 does not.

There is in fact nothing to link Hubbard with the house numbered 666.

secretiveoldfag

Re: John Travolta at Grand Opening of Scientology Site of Founder L. Ron Hubbard's Ho

To add something I just noticed, Hubturd himself is not using a geographical address nor even a post box but is care of the Explorers Club in New York.

I don't know what the legal requirements for trustees are but I doubt if a post box or a club are adequate as addresses.

But the $666 question is this: If at the time he launched the Dianetics Foundation our Con lived at 666 East Bay why did he not use that as his address?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Re PO Box 666:

From a 2010 wwp thread at https://whyweprotest.net/threads/scientologists-buy-home-of-founder.64334/ (post #16):

No it was common in the 1950's to Early 60's in Jersey/Pennsylvania/Delaware small town suburbs bordering rural areas to have a PO box matching their street number if proper sidewalks were planned on sidestreets but not put in yet for having a safe postal carrier foot route.

Often times these PO boxes werent actually at the post office per se, but were just regular mailboxes at the end of a street or cul de sac with all the residences for a block or two at common drop off point like you sometimes still see in a trailer park.​

-----

Image from post #55, same thread. It doesn't say if it's the box in question, but it is very illustrative.

100_5304-jpg.240120

Paul

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

To add something I just noticed, Hubturd himself is not using a geographical address nor even a post box but is care of the Explorers Club in New York.

I don't know what the legal requirements for trustees are but I doubt if a post box or a club are adequate as addresses.

But the $666 question is this: If at the time he launched the Dianetics Foundation our Con lived at 666 East Bay why did he not use that as his address?

For a con artist (and LRH was conning people like Jack Purcell long before Dianetics), his worst nightmare is for his victims to be able to track down his current physical location. It's a trait that he carried for most of his life. It's why he chose to live on a ship, in a motor home, why he liked having lots of cash in a box handy.

Having mail sent to the Explorers Club meant that he could have somebody go over and collect his mail from time to time, and forward it, and nobody sending mail to him would know his real location.

Veda

Sponsor

-snip-

This does not conflict with the theory that they were living in a room at 664 provided out of charity by John Campbell. 664 is shown in all the photographs, including the one showing Hub and John Campbell. Number 666 is shown in none of them. 664 backs on to a sandy beach as Hubbard describes and 666 does not.

There is in fact nothing to link Hubbard with the house numbered 666.

So the idea is that Hubbard was living at 664, yet chose the 666 address for the incorporation papers. Hubbard was into numbers and their significance and power.

The Explorers' Club address gave Hubbard stature.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

So the idea is that Hubbard was living at 664, yet chose the 666 address for the incorporation papers. Hubbard was into numbers and their significance and power.

But what evidence is there that he lived at 664? There are the three photos, but they were all taken from the street, and Hubbard seems to be wearing the same clothes in each.

Maybe he never lived in Bay Head at all, but lived in a shed in John Campbell's garden elsewhere and they were all visiting someone's mother in Bay Head on a day trip.

Paul

secretiveoldfag

But what evidence is there that he lived at 664? There are the three photos, but they were all taken from the street, and Hubbard seems to be wearing the same clothes in each.

Maybe he never lived in Bay Head at all, but lived in a shed in John Campbell's garden elsewhere and they were all visiting someone's mother in Bay Head on a day trip.

Paul

Right enough, the three photographs are not proof of anything. A bank manager would not take them as security for a loan. On the other hand it is not likely that the whole party crossed the road to use a different house (664) as background for publicity shots if this was not the house where the Hubbards were momentarily parked. Sara is even sitting on the wall, a bit cheeky if it is not her house. The house (664) plays a big role in the photographs. 666 is nowhere mentioned.

So as far as I am aware, evidence for Elcon living at 664 is limited to these three photographs and references in a contemporary letter to living on the beach in a large house with eight bedrooms and two other writers.

It's not much but evidence for his living across the street at 666 is NIL. As Sara's address in a registration document it is liable to be made up. Did they maybe calculate that if any mail arrived for Sara at 666 the occupiers would take it for a mistake and hand it in to 664? All part of the disappearing act he was so good at?

I noticed another small discrepancy: in the realtor's blurb 666 has seven bedrooms while the house Hubbard describes in the letter had eight, or so he said. It might be clear enough or unimportant, I don't know.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

But what evidence is there that he lived at 664?

-snip-

Beats me. :confused2: I'm not in the argument over where Hubbard, physically, resided during 1949/1950. I've merely noted the addresses in the HDRF incorporation document, and the fate of its main trustees.

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious

I don´t think so. I believe he even didn´t think about any evil intentions and what the picture will be used for.
I wouldn´t think, if there would only be this single photo. But there are several photos "across the street".

I think the Campbell photo came into existence like this:

Campbell visited Hubbard in East Ave 666 and was on the way to go. Hubbard moves out with Campbell and during the farewell-procedure he mentions to Campbell:
Hubbard: "Sarah wants to take a picture of us."
Campbell: "Sure, no problem."
Hubbard: "Let´s move across the street .... there is the better light."

And bingo....

Very likely. The length of the shadows suggest late afternoon.
You wouldn't want to take pictures against the sun. The glare would destroy detail and faces would just be dark blobs.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Heritage Properties International's incorporation address is 419 N. Larchmont Blvd, Los Angeles. The web page linked below shows other companies and persons linked to that address. Some of them are familiar to me as cult companies and persons. It wouldn't be accurate to describe as "suspicious" all the other names on this list, but it might be worth checking them out to possibly discover previously-unknown cult connections. I've emphasized the names I know. The web page has links for these names, not just the bare names themselves.

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Cali...chmont-Blvd-Los-Angeles-CA-90004-a186251.aspx

Companies Found at this Address

Mile High, Inc.
DO Nothing, Inc.
Flaming Angel Films Inc.
Heritage Properties International
Citizens of The World Charter Co.
Don't Sweat It Inc.
Artisan Food Group, Inc.
Ana Caban, Inc.
Friends of Musee Boribana, Inc.
Harlequin Productions, Inc.
Persistent Pictures Inc.
P.R.O.V.I.D.E.R.S., for Children, Inc.
Pacific West Entertainment Group, Inc.
Graffiti Protective Coatings, Inc.
Bank Resources, Inc.
Maxstar Corporation
U. S. Cellular Corporation of California
Larchmont Boulevard Association
Winchester Acceptance Corporation
The Paperback Trader
Magic Broadcasting Corporation
Wood Communications, Inc.
Desert Music Pictures, Ltd.
Carter Construction Services, Inc.
Gangland Films, Inc.

People Found at this Address

Daniel N. Bailey
Marlene Y. Bailey
Grace Fritzinger
Herbert Wirehus
George R. Fritzinger
Ronald L. Isroelit
Robert Roley
Mosha Yehuda Kaplan
Robert Schultz
Sara Bellin
Jason Thurber
David Greenberg
George Hope
John Winther
Thomas K. Vorm
Valerie H. Miller
Phillip Detchmendy
E. Mos
Kelly Cox
Barbara Kelly
Stacy Codikow
Robert F. Lass
Donald S. Brady
Sarah M. Leon
Jane McNairn

Paul

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious

Three years later - 1953 (from 'The Journal of Scientology' Issue 22-G),

9lfr86.jpg

secretiveoldfag

Three years later - 1953 (from 'The Journal of Scientology' Issue 22-G),

9lfr86.jpg

This is a good find. You can just and no more see the numerals (666) on the pillar to the left of the entrance. But fact remains; it was never his house and there is no evidence he ever lived in it. I imagine he liked the number since from the publicity point of view there is nothing else to choose between 666 and 664.

The actual date could be calculated easily enough from Diana's date of birth.

Quote from Wikipedia

Diana Hubbard was born in London, the daughter of the founder of Dianetics and Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard. She was born Diana Meredith DeWolf Hubbard on September 24, 1952, to L. Ron Hubbard and his wife Mary Sue Hubbard. She was the first child born to Mary Sue and L. Ron Hubbard.

Hubbard certainly didn't hang about in those days but of course he didn't have a second wife.

The prognosis is better this time: Hubbard is holding the baby and smiling at his wife. But an odd idea of his to make a second photograph almost the same as the earlier one but with a different baby, a different wife and a different house.

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

Maybe they'll include the wife he never had.

htz1xu.jpg

One more small thing. Paul proposed they were visiting the in-laws; he probably didn't mean it literally but I have just noticed something else about the photographs of 1950, or was it 1951? which is that Hubbard is dressed for outdoors and Sara also is dressed in her best clothes, for a formal occasion, not as if she lived there.

On the other hand John Campbell is wearing a casual sweater, as though he had just stepped out of his house or his car for a moment. No-one in the 1950s would wear a sweater even to run down to the shops.

It suggests that in fact the Hubbards were visiting John Campbell in New Jersey, perhaps to show him the new baby.

Three years later Elcon is wearing similar clothes, perhaps even the same jacket :biggrin: , and Susie is also dressed for a formal occasion or an outing.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Three years later Elcon is wearing similar clothes, perhaps even the same jacket :biggrin:

Maybe the house owner had jackets for rent by visitors who had arrived improperly dressed, just like a maître d' at a swanky restaurant. :)

But yes, it's all a bit confusing. With Hubbard lying, and the cult lying, it's hard to trust anything other than docs from third parties, and even then only ones where the info was not provided by Hubbard unless independently verified.

Paul

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

One more small thing. Paul proposed they were visiting the in-laws; he probably didn't mean it literally but I have just noticed something else about the photographs of 1950, or was it 1951? which is that Hubbard is dressed for outdoors and Sara also is dressed in her best clothes, for a formal occasion, not as if she lived there.

On the other hand John Campbell is wearing a casual sweater, as though he had just stepped out of his house or his car for a moment. No-one in the 1950s would wear a sweater even to run down to the shops.

It suggests that in fact the Hubbards were visiting John Campbell in New Jersey, perhaps to show him the new baby.

Three years later Elcon is wearing similar clothes, perhaps even the same jacket :biggrin: , and Susie is also dressed for a formal occasion or an outing.

Good heavens Americans must have been terribly informal, why the man doesn't even have a tie on! The shirt is grey, not white which means it was probably some lurid colour like sage green or grey blue. Why the man was almost a beatnik! The lady has her hair exposed, no hat or scarf, well she's practically a Jezabel by 1950s standards. He was of course a writer which would enable him to get away with such outrageous clothing. In the 1950s I would say that they were correctly dressed for a stroll along the beach, or a little posing for pictures outside on the street where they lived. Formal is when he did lectures in his best suit. She is even wearing a knitted jacket in one picture, almost as bad as John in his sea dog jumper.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

LRH posing with wife #2 and child #3:
htz1xu.jpg

Posing with wife #3 and child #4 at the house across the street:
9lfr86.jpg

Was the con artist trying to replace wife #2 with wife #3 as the wife who was with him when he wrote Dianetics?

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

From Tony Ortega:

As a bonus, the CSRT mailing that hits Scientologists up for those donations also included a report about the November grand opening of a house in Bay Head, New Jersey that the church claims is where L. Ron Hubbard put the finishing touches on Dianetics. Attending the event were John Travolta and Kelly Preston, and the mailing preserves their speechifying. We thought you might want to get a look at it.

This house is actually the most important house in my life, because the Man, L. Ron Hubbard, wrote a book called Dianetics that saved my life. And in turn, when I learned how to use this technique to help others and save their lives, or from injuries or from emotional upsets or whatever they had going on, and to watch actual miracles happen right in front of my eyes, was astonishing and miraculous. And I find it the most valuable thing I can do — and really one of my biggest purposes of being here in this lifetime is to help other people. And I find I can do it with this technology — John Travolta
This home here means so much to us. It’s really important when we re-build, we help to restore, but we also help to move on. And my husband and I are all about that and L. Ron Hubbard was all about that. And Dianetics has helped me so much throughout my life. It has saved my life, really. It’s helped me raise a family, it’s helped me have a successful marriage for 23 years and it’s helped me in my career. It has really helped me in every aspect of my life — so I am forever indebted to L. Ron Hubbard. I want to thank you all so much for coming out and for honoring him. Thank you. — Kelly Preston

http://tonyortega.org/2014/12/26/give-scientology-1000-and-all-youll-get-is-this-lousy-tshirt/

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Travolta actually said that this is the "...the most important house in my life?"

Wutttt?

Really?

Seriously?

Jesus!

He really is as dumb as shit.

(Don't worry, that's not ad-hom. It's not criticism either. I'm in antagonism from BPC)