What's new

John Travolta on Oprah today.....

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think he's so potentially a kick ass truth weapon.
He is living a life of BS, yet he has had far more opportunity than most
to see that it is BS. He is not trapped inside the SO. He is in a job which requires being in touch with the world and what goes on. He would need to be well aware of public image yet has not (seemingly) looked and asked why there is all the flak against the cult he promotes. If he has looked then he was too stupid or too brainwashed to understand.
If he does leave, which I doubt very much, he is likely, on past record, to clam up and agree to some crippling cult gagging tactics.
The cult has him in their control. They seem to have not wanted to use him much in the past, but since Tom Cruise has fucked up so badly, and Kirstie Alley looks and sounds so horribly out-PR, then Travolta has had a bit of promotion to do. Nobody else there to do it. His recent reversal on the Bahamas case, is very suspect. Scientologists don't back down remember? It looks like the people who were accused of extortion were in fact victims of extortion carried out by Travolta on behalf of the COS.

This *John Travolta is nice* mantra is childish crap.
Not to say that it is not possible that he is nice, but he is very involved in a not nice cult and uses his influence to help them.
That is not nice.

It looks like wish fulfillment to me. The goodness (embodied in JT)
will win through. Man is basically good said fat lips, and wasn't that nice to hear? It feels good. JT feels good. We are good. Big smile.
JT is just another cult victim. And cult enabler. What is so good about that?

People are known to bring surprises. Even when fucked up. Especially when fucked up. I hear you. I really do. However, neither you or I know for sure what's up with JT. All I am saying - he is not completely blind. I didn't gave up on him completely yet. That's all.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think John Travolta is a good guy. He has not actively promoted scientology for a long long time. He made some comments about Scn management way back and got an ethics handling. Every time he sours and it looks like he may come out, he is reined back in. He has a lot at stake. He is married to a diehard ronbot and they have a daughter. I think they also have blackmail material on him. His folders have been culled of all the juicy stuff that he wouldn't want handed over to the press. It's a Mexican stand-off.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think John Travolta is a good guy. He has not actively promoted scientology for a long long time. He made some comments about Scn management way back and got an ethics handling. Every time he sours and it looks like he may come out, he is reined back in. He has a lot at stake. He is married to a diehard ronbot and they have a daughter. I think they also have blackmail material on him. His folders have been culled of all the juicy stuff that he wouldn't want handed over to the press. It's a Mexican stand-off.

Exactly.
May be one day he just won't care anymore.
He can do it.

Feral

Rogue male
You probably right, Dean.

One of my family members met him briefly and they had a great impression of him. But even aside of that first impression PR thing - the guy is a good/fun actor for sure and a lot of times you can see his true personality coming out even when playing some wild roles. Just my opinion. I think, John is potentially a kick ass truth weapon. May be Jason Beghe or Larry Anderson should buy him a nice burger and have a talk.
I don't think so.

As has been mentioned he's "nice", not liking a scrap goes with that.

The sort of people who make good warriors and are willing to stand up to the cult aren't "nice" they might be abrasive, they may care, they might be brave, they may be out for your best interests, but "nice"? No.

"Nice" is ....well just nice.

Carmel

Crusader
My question is this......

.......How many and which ones of you Yankees/Americans, were in Oprah's audience and as a consequence have scored a free trip to NSW, Oz?

Wisened One

Crusader

I also like JT. And I agree with ya, Kook.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
.......How many and which ones of you Yankees/Americans, were in Oprah's audience and as a consequence have scored a free trip to NSW, Oz?

Nothing's free I'm afraid, darling.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/1321943-post39/

"You might have heard a distant screaming yesterday afternoon, whether you were in New York or California. That would have been the 300 Oprah audience members going completely berserk in Chicago when she surprised them with a free trip to Australia. There was hugging, there was screaming, there was crying, and there were probably even a few minor heart attacks.

And to top it off, they'll be flown there by none other than John Travolta, who will probably spend the entire 20-hour flight talking about Scientology over the intercom system! OH MY GOD! Oprah is so kind, so generous, she's like Santa Claus! Or is she?

So if a company's product lands on Oprah's show, it's almost a guarantee in sales increase. Totally worth dishing out 300 freebies for.

Just like those 276 Pontiac G6s she gave away in 2004. Think Oprah bought those with her hard-earned money? Hell nah. Pontiac dished them out. But you know who did have to pay for it? The winners. When they were handed a lovely $7,000 worth of taxes.

Thanks a lot, Oprah."

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/109442/oprah_winfrey_surprises_audience_with

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Next time Oprah can give away Scientology Services, since, according to the 'Church', in its statements to the IRS, they're worthless.

Zinj

Feral

Rogue male
Nothing's free I'm afraid, darling.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/1321943-post39/

<SNIP>

Just like those 276 Pontiac G6s she gave away in 2004. Think Oprah bought those with her hard-earned money? Hell nah. Pontiac dished them out. But you know who did have to pay for it? The winners. When they were handed a lovely $7,000 worth of taxes.

Thanks a lot, Oprah."

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/109442/oprah_winfrey_surprises_audience_with

Those poor bastards, they never asked for a free new car and a tax bill!

What a bitch!

Last edited:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Being an actor and a veteran scientologist, he might be reading this thread right now, while his wife is asleep, him thinking, feeling. Just wonder.

Being an actor and a veteran scientologist, he might be reading this thread right now, while his wife is asleep, him thinking, feeling. Just wonder.

If he is reading it, he'll write a knowledge report on himself and give it to the wife in the morning. Or he'll write a knowledge report on you and turn it into OSA.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
hmm.. What airplane does JT intend to use? -The Boeing 707 is rebuilt with bathrooms, lounges, bedrooms and whatnot. I think it can taken 30 at most.

Of course, he could make several trips.. Showing the Scientology Intro video on the big flatscreen in the lounge?

:confused2:

hmm.. What airplane does JT intend to use? -The Boeing 707 is rebuilt with bathrooms, lounges, bedrooms and whatnot. I think it can taken 30 at most.

Of course, he could make several trips.. Showing the Scientology Intro video on the big flatscreen in the lounge?

:confused2:

Since he has an official relationship with Qantas and they were featured in the advertising, most likely one of theirs. Especially as the aircraft would need to be certified for commercial passenger travel.

Mark A. Baker