What's new

John Travolta "Outed" by Margaret Cho - Video & Blog (via HuffPo)

Hi, IPT :biggrin:

I think Ms. Cho self-identifies as queer and is married to a male, but agree with you that the blog post provides a good explanation for what she says/does in the video.

JB.

Put me in the same boat as Cho, plenty of queer & bisexual women married to men. Admitting to finding women attractive and liking certain types of sex are part of what got me kicked out the S.O. even though at that point I'd never acted on them! If Thetans don't have a gender then why does the church give a shit about this? ... Well they shouldn't, but they do. In any case queer & bisexual is about attraction not current actions. There are plenty of monogamous bisexuals married to opposite gendered partners, and plenty of honest [WIKI]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamory[/WIKI] as friends who make that work too - and that's a WHOLE lot better than the dishonest crap that goes on in Co$ management. Personally I think it's sad that he'll never learn to accept his queer-ness because of Co$ but that's just my two cents ...

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
I watched the video and read the post. She did not offer one shred of evidence. She just kept saying over and over that he is gay and doing imitations. I don't care if he is or isn't. I would like to know for the sake of curiosity, but all I hear are accusations. Where is the evidence?

What evidence would you like? Video of John screwing a guy? Semen-stained jock strap?

Among others, his private airplane pilot back in the 1980s, David Gotterba, offered up a very convincing story of having had an affair with Travolta during the 6 years he worked for him.

Gotterba then claimed Travolta's lawyers were threatening to sue him on the basis of him signing a Nondisclosure Agreement, and he sued them first saying he signed no such agreement.

While I realize that famous people are susceptible to all kind of crazy people claiming they screwed them or had their children or whatever, Gotterba being Travolta's pilot for six years puts him in a whole different category of credibility. The things Gotterba said that Travolta said, about preferring men for sex even after he married clam Kelly, also seem very plausible.

Why would Gotterba do something like that? Because he's an attention-seeking old gay guy? No! It's because he got disgusted at the reaction of the Travolta camp to all the masseur claims, and just wanted to tell the truth and by doing so saying that is quite possible some of these claims are real because John Travolta sure likes doing it with guys.

Rock Hudson wasn't outed until he died of AIDS. Before that, most people in Hollywood, of the people who knew him, knew that he was gay. He liked going to the gay baths and getting laid. He had gay parties etc., yet wow, were some people mad when he was outed because of AIDS. At the time, they just thought it wasn't possible that he could be gay.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
What evidence would you like? Video of John screwing a guy? Semen-stained jock strap?

Among others, his private airplane pilot back in the 1980s, David Gotterba, offered up a very convincing story of having had an affair with Travolta during the 6 years he worked for him.

Gotterba then claimed Travolta's lawyers were threatening to sue him on the basis of him signing a Nondisclosure Agreement, and he sued them first saying he signed no such agreement.

While I realize that famous people are susceptible to all kind of crazy people claiming they screwed them or had their children or whatever, Gotterba being Travolta's pilot for six years puts him in a whole different category of credibility. The things Gotterba said that Travolta said, about preferring men for sex even after he married clam Kelly, also seem very plausible.

Why would Gotterba do something like that? Because he's an attention-seeking old gay guy? No! It's because he got disgusted at the reaction of the Travolta camp to all the masseur claims, and just wanted to tell the truth and by doing so saying that is quite possible some of these claims are real because John Travolta sure likes doing it with guys.

Rock Hudson wasn't outed until he died of AIDS. Before that, most people in Hollywood, of the people who knew him, knew that he was gay. He liked going to the gay baths and getting laid. He had gay parties etc., yet wow, were some people mad when he was outed because of AIDS. At the time, they just thought it wasn't possible that he could be gay.

Yes and some people were shocked about Liberace!

I have no proof or interest in the direction JT swings. If he has accidentally fallen on top of another man who happened to have an erection and both just happened to be stark naked at the time, so what. Accidents happen, and as long as they both enjoyed the experience, nice, but what annoys me is that people with no power and influence (ie money) would be slung out as a PR risk and ones with all the power get lauded, a wrist slapped here and there, a condition assignment easily rectified with a large check, and continued treatment as royalty.

Of course nasty people have always used closeted gay men as spies and informants, it's called blackmail.

SmithInLA

I watched the video and read the post. She did not offer one shred of evidence. She just kept saying over and over that he is gay and doing imitations. I don't care if he is or isn't. I would like to know for the sake of curiosity, but all I hear are accusations. Where is the evidence?

I have a couple of friends into scientology (I just relocated to LA). They are trying to get me to join. From what I understand doesn't the Church have all the evidence? Don't they make audios and videos of sessions? Also, I keep coming across a lot of couples who are both members of the Church. Is it an unwritten rule that your spouse must convert if you area a member?

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
While we're on the topic...

John Travolta "Outed" by Carrie Fisher - (Old News)

[video=youtube;OKd_CbYK9E0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKd_CbYK9E0[/video]

Totally agree. The only person who deserves to be labeled as "gay" is the person themself, no matter how true that label may be. :)

Last edited:
Totally agree. The only person who deserves to be labeled as "gay" is the person for whom that label is for, no matter how true that label may be. :)

Deserves? Does that imply that Gay is an elite status? Or is there received cultural negative associations in your statement. I have been labelled heterosexual/straight all my life. Just last night i was offered a sex massage by a woman in the street. Even she, a sex worker didn't know what the hell i was talking about when i asked if she had a big strapping sexy man to do the work. Not that i would have accepted if she did have a male co worker available..........i never pay for sex.:)

Anyway do i deserve to be labelled hetero? I assume that strangers intuitively percieve my decency, honesty etc etc...
It would not be nice to assume someone might be gay. They might not deserve it.

phenomanon

Canyon
true that...

snippity snip

i was never really a big JT fan until i showed up on a saturday night at the southwest mission in dallas to unpack my things to become a brand new staff member. it was such a cool party atmosphere with the soundtrack of staying alive blaring. as a tidbit, although maybe no one knows and even fewer care, dean stokes was sleeping with the staffy girl that recruited me while Vicki was at flag, melanie? if I am wrong let me know./. just in case anyone wondered why Vicki then hooked up with rik aznaran.QUOTE]

Dean and Melanie married. ( After Miss Vicki got Dean declared). Were you at Dean and Vicki's wedding? They had a parade with a carriage and a band. Those were the days.
All the Staff were living in a house that Dean owned when he got declared.

I was auditing AOLA public and was at lunch in that Romanian restaurant on the corner when I looked out a window and saw Dean. I ran out and threw my arms around him.
Dean said " don't let them see you even speak to me or you'll be declared".

Dean was wearing a big white Texas hat. He said the white hat was so that they would know who the good guy was. Dean was/is a hoot. A kindred spirit.

So, did Melanie recruit you?

She became a Real Estate agent while she was married to Dean, and she sold a house that I owned in No Dallas.

I like JT also. He is, no doubt, Bi-sexual. Big Whoop!

phenomanon