What's new

Judge Waldrip grants Monique Rathbun’s discovery request, snubbing Scientology

Red Valiant

Patron with Honors
Is there a reason why there is no "thanks/like/disagree/lol/wft/huh" bar at the end of my above comments here? Did I offend anyone? :confused2:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Is there a reason why there is no "thanks/like/disagree/lol/wft/huh" bar at the end of my above comments here? Did I offend anyone? :confused2:

You'll never see the bar on your own post. Just alerts if someone clicks it on yours. Which I just did for educational purposes.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Er, it's probably because it is not anticipated that ESMBers will ever feel the need to "thanks/like/disagree/lol/wft/huh" their own posts.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
It's so encouraging to see real justice at work. Judge Waldrip is a fair, diligent and smart man. Glad he was chosen for this most important case.

Kudos to Team Ray Jeffrey. :thumbsup:

Er, it's probably because it is not anticipated that ESMBers will ever feel the need to "thanks/like/disagree/lol/wft/huh" their own posts.
Well of course, you are not taking BT's into consideration. Too many times I have reread a post I had written and wondered WTF was I thinking? How else does one explain these posted lapses in judgment? A damn SP BT wrote it of course. So maybe we need another button - an evil happy face sitting at a keyboard. "I didn't write that shit!"

I mean, don't all those happy face icons remind you of hapless BTs?

Mimsey

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's so encouraging to see real justice at work. Judge Waldrip is a fair, diligent and smart man. Glad he was chosen for this most important case.

Kudos to Team Ray Jeffrey. :thumbsup:

yes it is encouraging, he seems to have an even better grasp of what he is dealing with than US Federal Judge Leonie Brinkema..did at the time...but now everyone except Herr Dwarf seems to know a great deal more... but my case was almost 20 years ago.. hopefully he will provide a few more even more epic quotes before he is done than even Judge Brinkema's:

"Aug 30th 1995 Memorandum Opinion - Judge Leonie Brinkema
"On the first issue, the Court finds that the motivation of plaintiff in filing this lawsuit against the Post is reprehensible. Although the RTC brought the complaint under traditional secular concepts of copyright and trade secret law, it has become clear that a much broader motivation prevailed--the stifling of criticism and dissent of the religious practices of Scientology and the destruction of its opponents. L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology, has been quoted as looking upon law as a tool to

"[h]arass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used very easily to harrass and enough harrassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly. "

Nov 1995: ""the Court is now convinced that the primary motivation of RTC in suing Lerma, DGS and The Post is to stifle criticism of Scientology in general and to harass its critics. ""

And this epic one from 4 Oct 96:

"Scientologists believe that most human problems can be traced to lingering spirits of an extraterrestrial people massacred by their ruler, Xenu, over 75 million years ago. These spirits attach themselves by "clusters" to individuals in the contemporary world, causing spiritual harm and negatively influencing the lives of their hosts "

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The Rangers are very appreciative of Chuck for that TV Show as they use "Walker" episodes to help train new Rangers...exactly what NOT to do. :hysterical:

Face:)

For example, whenever I see one of those "martial artists" do their thing, I just think of this one famous scene:

[video=youtube;7YyBtMxZgQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs[/video]

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I haven't read the bunker on all this yet but YEP, as I posted above. I very much agree with you. The smoking guns, the shell casings, are spread far and wide and I believe many have been recovered from places that the cult completely forgot about or doesn't have access to. It will be very interesting to see what does come forth as evidence in court. I also am of the conviction that a number of parties/individuals who do have knowledge of the harassment and the attempted cover-ups and are online reading/monitoring are beginning to realize a 100 lawyers can't protect them and they are screwed and will BLOW and will provide 'states evidence'. Remember, 11 top executives from the GO did go to prison, and that was without the 100's of ex scientologists, dozens of court cases and investigations laying out much of the B1 and dirty tricks tech, helping reveal the hows and wheres and whos.

One thing Davie's got to worry about, is how many of the people who have the data are still "True Believers", and how many are in the game just because they don't want to be disconnected from everyone they know.

Because, for the latter, the desire to avoid going to jail is likely to be a bigger factor than the desire to avoid whatever they think Slappy can do to them.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
For many decades $cientology is giving us many real life examples as for the reason any justice system would sometimes fail
(under pressure of corruption - threats -lies - people not having the balls to apply it)

But $cientology, in this decade, will prove us, that such justice systems are intended to make sure true justice is applied, thus, when people have balls to apply it, justice system created in democratic systems, work with the majority of cases.

The more we witness $cientology dealing with justice - the more it shows how they don't have any clue of what justice is, neither what a justice system is intended for.

Thank god they never took over any justice system with LRH mindfuck as they pretended.
That would be a true dark world!

Last edited:

suspiciousperson

Patron with Honors
If the feature is added could we please also add the facility to automate it* so I can "lol" at all my posts, not to mention thanking myself for them and linking them, kthxbye

*not strictly necessary, I can add another few lines to my 500 000 line greasemonkey script "narcissism.js"**

**script exists in the same sense that scientology exists in bhutan

suspiciousperson likes this post

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just got off the phone with a dear friend who is very, very smart.

In the actual Order (the part not shown above in TG1's quote box*) Judge Waldrip begins with a bit of historical background about the filings and he uses the phrase, "moving defendants" when describing TeamCSI alone.
He didn't direct the "moving defendants" in the Order; rather, he used "moving parties" and "Anti-SLAPP movants".
See the distinction?
I didn't.
But I'm sure glad I picked-up the phone!
YMMV. :coolwink:

You ARE awesome JB...

:dancer:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
As $cientology continues its attempt to subvert the Law in Judge Waldrips courtroom, it's becoming increasingly obvious to me that they are now attempting to create material for their inevitable endless string of appeals to higher courts. They must realize that with the law and the facts of this case weighing so heavily against them, their only remaining option is to attempt, in some way, to taint, or corrupt the legal process itself.

If you think they've been playing down and dirty thus far, just wait. This is an evil, amoral organization, led by a psychopath who will avoid exposure at all costs.

They've corrupted a good number of elected officials, local, State, and Federal. One of the few who has stood up to them is Mitch Daniels, the former Governor of Indiana. He called them out, they sued him, and they lost. Google it.

Meanwhile, in Texas, there is something akin to biblical justice unfolding, inexorably, and without fail, bringing a full measure of mercy to the victims, and a full measure of justice to the guilty.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks Churchill. I haven't read it yet but here it is. http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/992/1329/45067/

Here is a small bit of the case material :

Daniels testified that before meeting with the editorial board of USA Today and making his statement, he had read, in addition to the two court cases, numerous articles about Scientology published in magazines and newspapers. The articles he reviewed and supplied for the record--some of which received awards for journalistic excellence--came from a wide variety of reputable publications and comprised an impressive collection of research about Scientology. The articles detailed criminal convictions of a number of the Church's leaders for extortion, forgery, breaking into government offices, bugging the IRS building, and planting Scientology agents in drug-control and intelligence agencies of the government. They reported accusations of mind control by ex-churchmembers and members' families, and chronicled the story of an ex-member who sued the organization--and was awarded $30 million--for mental anguish suffered while a member. They discussed the exorbitant rates charged by the Church to its members in exchange for services, "auditing," and training courses designed to facilitate the spiritual quest. The articles related the transformation of the organization from a "precision science," to a form of psychotherapy, to a religion, a transformation variously described as "expedient," "skillful propaganda," and "a sweeping and sophisticated campaign to gain new influence." Many of the articles quoted court opinions. Virtually all of the articles mentioned the lengthy legal battle that the Church of Scientology of California engaged in when it claimed tax-exempt status, the same battle that resulted in the two court opinions previously discussed. The revocation of tax-exempt status was a recognition on the part of the courts, several of these articles reported, that the Church of Scientology had "made a business out of selling religion." See, e.g., The Scientology Story: Shoring Up its Religious Profile, Los Angeles Times, June 25, 1990 (quoting Church of Scientology, 83 T.C. 381 (1984)).

As $cientology continues its attempt to subvert the Law in Judge Waldrips courtroom, it's becoming increasingly obvious to me that they are now attempting to create material for their inevitable endless string of appeals to higher courts. They must realize that with the law and the facts of this case weighing so heavily against them, their only remaining option is to attempt, in some way, to taint, or corrupt the legal process itself.

...snip...

They've corrupted a good number of elected officials, local, State, and Federal. One of the few who has stood up to them is Mitch Daniels, the former Governor of Indiana. He called them out, they sued him, and they lost. Google it.

..snip..