What's new

June 24 St Pete times: "A Cancer at the Core of Scientology"

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious

Wow! Just wow! It really seems like finally justice might prevail :happydance:

I love this:

The church denies much of the information provided to the Times by the defectors. To respond by calling these longtime top officials liars, opening their confidential files and producing their former spouses to denounce them reflects Scientology's long-standing strategy to deny and attack when its actions are questioned

and...

There is a cancer at the core of Scientology, and that has not changed.

And the core IS Scientology

Me, very very happy!
:cheerleader: :woohoo: :dance3:

:D

Achi

Patron
I am just thrilled that this paper has the guts to continue exposing the CoS. I hope they get journalism awards, and I hope if, no, when, they are attacked by the 'Church', folks stand with them!

:clap:

HolyCow

Patron with Honors
omg. This is the 5th reporter, in days, many articles, this is Unprecedented coverage by The St Pete Times. It summarizes the last few days and is spectacular. A Must Read.

The title is: "The Abuse Behind Scientology's Facade" It ends with the line: "There's a cancer within the core of Scientology ......":thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(NOTE: This post and the next two were merged from another thread into this one, by Moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

HolyCow

Patron with Honors

oops, sorry Bea. I was so excited And rushed off to email one of the reporters. Found out he was from me and hubby's hometown. Wanted to let him know we signed up for a monthly online subscription to support (only a few $), and encouraging others to do the same.

Told him that what they have really done is put the spotlight on all the governments and agencies that allowed this all to happen, and hope that now they will correct their errors.

btw, I'm an Old Timer as well, although I believe you go back farther. Don't think DM has long shelf life. I'm just hoping authorities will step in so this madness ends.

I'm trying to encourage others to pay up, even if a little for a short time. The reason I believe Times did this article now is that newspapers really hurting. They're not hurting because they're a newspaper, they're hurting because too few brave and in depth stories because of $ (both legal defense and time involved equals money).

And I'm not the only one requesting they keep going with many parts to the series.:yes:
Hey, $5 a month is pretty cheap compared to a boatload of lawyers.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
I think this paragraph is the spookiest of all:

? Scientologists are punished for infractions and forced to write detailed confessions, sometimes about trumped-up allegations, which are held by the church in so-called "ethics files." They expect these written confessionals to remain confidential, but the church released the defectors' files to the Times, apparently caring less about maintaining confidentiality than about undermining the credibility of their detractors.

WOW. Think about that--things you disclose in a "confidential" setting can be tossed out to a newspaper by your "church" at it's whim to protect itself. WOW. :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wisened One

Crusader
Wow...I've actually emailed the editors and thanked them! Their offices must be busy as bees these past few days, furiously assembling and publishing all these articles! :happydance: :clap: :clap:

Div6

Crusader
I think it was in the PL about "How to detect Suppressives as an Administrator" that it closed with a line that went "There's the cancer. Burn it out."

I find it interesting that they chose that word to describe DM and his "leadership". Almost as if they were....nah it couldn't be... :D

Tim Skog

Silver Meritorious Patron
This editorial is a great cap to a great series. The St. Pete Times did a great job. The paper and the two journalists deserve much praise.:thumbsup: