What's new

Just registered, looking for superman

Purple Rain

Crusader
I am still around. Got sucked into reading more. I was never a troll or OSA. And I doubt Clarkkent is either. Up until his last post he seemed to genuinely want to discuss his thoughts. Then sadly like what happened with me, a few get defensive and then he was put in a position to defend himself. It's hard to share what you're thinking and feeling when you get into a defensive mode.

I didn't see any inconsistencies or any unusual pattern in his posts other than it started genuine and got defensive. The last post he made was confusing. But he could have been messing with some of you because of the way he was being treated by some. No one likes to be called a troll when they are putting their feelings on the line for all to see.

In my opinion, unless someone new comes on here with a full on hatred of Scientology and all that is involved, they look suspicious to some of you. I hope that for the good of new members searching for answers that some of you can learn to be more tolerant and understand that some people really do have to experience the abuse for themselves to share your hatred of Scientology practices or the church itself. Some people really are counting on you to understand the place they are in and offer advice based on where they are in their journey.

Of course there are some really wonderful people here that do just that. For me, I hope Clarkkent has thick skin and was able to weed through and pull out what helpful advice was given and brush off the rest.

Hi Jenn,

I think some abuse you have to experience for yourself to "hate" the perpetrators but other things like locking a child in a chain locker for days or any of the other abhorrent practices it is enough to sympathise with one's fellow humans at the human rights abuses perpetrated by a group and the individuals in it. It's like being on the fence about any abusive group or practice. Some people think "man-boy" love is an acceptable form of sexual expression. Others are happy to have that debate and entertain the concept while not being into it themselves. Most people find that behaviour abhorrent and frown on groups and individuals that practice it. Certainly it's naive and unwise to come to a forum for people recovering from child sex abuse and say you've heard it's really great and would like to know where you can explore it.

Whether Clark is genuine or a troll people are going to wonder "Why come here to say what a great man our abuser was and extol his virtues?"

Unless he/she/they want to get a reaction that seems kind of dumb to me.

People who are genuinely interested in the other side of Scientology will find plenty of information here and helpful advice. People who want to find out more about Scientology propaganda are free to do so. It's not like the cult has a shortage of that on the internet or off.

Hope you are well.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> unless someone new comes on here with a full on hatred of Scientology and all that is involved, they look suspicious to some of you.</snip>
Nah! - We're actually very tolerant of Scientology.. Take me for example, I'm ok with Scientology as long as it's buried 3 feet deep in a cesspool!

:yes:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
And before it is said, I am not Clarkkent and I think your admin people can verify different IP addresses to prove that.

Hi again, Jenn. Fancy meeting you here.

Different IP address? But any competent troll would have thought of that, wouldn't they? Even I know what that's all about.

And they might even have thought of providing a phone number for The Friend. Phone numbers are two a penny these days.

And behold the coincidence: Superman flies off and his place is immediately taken by JW. Who evidently didn't like the peace that was breaking out and who has nothing to say about The Friend but is now defending Superman, geddit?

Or do I just have a nasty suspicious mind? :biggrin:

Jump

Operating teatime
Well, any competent troll would have thought of that, wouldn't they?

And they might even have thought of providing a phone number for The Friend.

And behold the coincidence: Superman flies off and his place is immediately taken by JW. Who has nothing to say but evidently didn't like the peace that was breaking out.

Or do I have a nasty suspicious mind? :biggrin:

Just to get the thread back [STRIKE]off[/STRIKE]on track :coolwink:

[video=youtube;SBmAPYkPeYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBmAPYkPeYU[/video]

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Just to get the thread back [STRIKE]off[/STRIKE]on track :coolwink:

[video=youtube;SBmAPYkPeYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBmAPYkPeYU[/video]

Elvis was SO right about Scientology! :thumbsup:
http://www.lermanet.com/cos/lisamarie.html

all-they-want-is-my-money-elvis.jpg

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
And speaking of Elvis, here's one of the latest songs from his daughter, Lisa Marie. The first is the official video, the second (in the next post) has the lyrics for those who wish for them.

[video=youtube;Bpn9daBzjIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpn9daBzjIs[/video]

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's some Undercover Karaoke with Jewel where she gets into disguise, pretending to be someone else, than goes into a bar and sings some of her own songs to see if people would recognize who she really was.

[video=youtube;rmv1VhrtYRo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmv1VhrtYRo[/video]

... Since then I've taken a whole new approach to life, mostly defined by being as honest and truthful to myself (the biggest one) and others as possible. That what's true for you is true for you is a big one. So is treat others as you would like to be treated. So much of what is written in these books seems so workable and true I'm just curious what would you, now having been through all that you have been through, and certainly after being members of COS recommend someone in my position? ...

The church is without question a dangerous and abusive cult. There will be little disagreement on this board with that statement.

As to other recommendations there is much less general agreement, although mostly I'd advise you to expect a chorus of disapproval.

Personally I'd recommed finding a decent auditor who is more concerned with helping his pc than the degree of 'standardness' of his tech. In this ... ymmv, especially depending on where you are physically and whether you (and he/she) are open to the prospect of internet/phone auditing.

The MOST IMPORTANT THING: only work engage with an auditor with whom you are personally comfortable working.

Auditing can when applied by an auditor without an exploitative intent can be extremely helpful to a person. However a robotic, dogmatic, or tyrannic personality, can be simply devastating to a person. Moreover, auditing often addresses sensitive subjects and a pc needs to feel able to be safe in communicating on potentially sensitive topics in confidence to his auditor. Choose your auditors accordingly.

I have been very fortunate in my auditing experiences and value them greatly accordingly. Many others have been traumatized by what amounted to invalidative or abusive treatment offered under the guise of 'auditing'. Arguably if its abusive it isn't auditing. There have been many arguments on that theme on this board. But the fact remains that many people have been badly served by their auditors, largely out of too close a regard for the training offered by the church; training which too often emphasized obedience to hubbard & the church over addressing the actual concerns of the pc.

All of the basic tech of scientology which can be useful is fairly well described at the following website: http://freezoneearth.org/clearbird/

It's known as Clearbird. I'd recommend using it to familiarize yourself with the topic. Although it has not been approved by hubbard or the church it has been reviewed by several highly experienced professional auditors and found to contain the fundamental tech of scientology & dianetic auditing. It has the additional advantage of having been expressly written in order to simplify the process of study and application. The original materials produced by hubbard tended to be far more 'scattershot' and accordingly more difficult to study. If you feel adventurous you might find a friend and co-audit each other on the Clearbird materials.

Good luck with your pursuits.

Mark

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think I'll just mosey on down to the RESF (Rabidly Ex Smokers' Forum) and see where I can get some Camel Lights, all the shops around here haven't been able to get them for weeks now.:unsure:

Awh c'mon they are LIGHT.
Not like I am using filterless or anything.
Why so touchy? You used to smoke too.
It's not all bad, look the reduced tar ones taste good.
Waaaaaaaah!
I will never recommend this board to anyone. You are so mean.

For the love of god, where on the internet would ANYONE go to an ex-whatever site to find out information about anything they have ex-ed from? Where?!!!
:duh:
</irritated rant>

Purple Rain

Crusader
I think I'll just mosey on down to the RESF (Rabidly Ex Smokers' Forum) and see where I can get some Camel Lights, all the shops around here haven't been able to get them for weeks now.:unsure:

Waaaaaaaah!

For the love of god, where on the internet would ANYONE go to an ex-whatever site to find out information about anything they have ex-ed from? Where?!!!
</irritated rant>

Lol! Yeah, emphysema isn't so bad. So what if you have to lug some old oxygen tank around? Harden up, princess, I say! Why when my cousin Gertrude died of lung cancer she could still get through a good pack a day. She had been smoking since she was six and boy did she know a thing or two about a Camel. As Gert always said, cigarettes are highly efficacious for weight loss and they belong with coffee like peas and carrots. She had all these wins on smoking. Besides I have heard that not smoking gives you cancer! You ex-smokers are nothing but bigoted whingers!

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
Hi again, Jenn. Fancy meeting you here.

Different IP address? But any competent troll would have thought of that, wouldn't they? Even I know what that's all about.

And they might even have thought of providing a phone number for The Friend. Phone numbers are two a penny these days.

And behold the coincidence: Superman flies off and his place is immediately taken by JW. Who evidently didn't like the peace that was breaking out and who has nothing to say about The Friend but is now defending Superman, geddit?

Or do I just have a nasty suspicious mind? :biggrin:

I knew someone would say it. I don't know anything about IP addresses but remember a comment someone said about Roland and how the admin can tell. I'm trying not to talk about my friend anymore. Lesson learned.

I'm impartial to everyone but I know how Clarkkent feels. The last message he left was kind of crazy so I don't know what to think about that.

Not nasty maybe but suspicious for sure. You wouldn't be the only one I know.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors

Waaaaaaaah!

</irritated rant>

I think people think they will get a more unbiased opinion. That's what I thought. And there aren't a lot of places where it can be discussed openly. I wanted to hear the good and bad. As a perfect example of good advice is Mark Bakers post above and those like it.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
I believe all the bad stories I have read here and on other websites. I would not join Scientology if they promised me all kinds of good things. But there are people that don't believe it or think there is only some truth in it. Or people believe it won't happen to them. There are some people that can read stories and watch videos and still will think those are isolated instances. I'm not one of them but I have met those people. Clarkkent seems like one of them and at least he came here to find out the truth from people that know.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I don't see anyone endorsing membership in CofS. In fact, I see people decrying it.

And there are a few indies here and board rules state that they can speak their minds. So what.

As far as IP addresses go, I was told by a programmer that they are dynamic, that they change. I was once accused of posting from 50 different places whilst on Factnet. (Factnet displays IP addresses, or it did for a while). It was not true but probably related to the way they show up or whatever the dynamic thingie was.

Not sure how anyone other than a mod or admin on this particular forum would know about someone's IP address or alleged change thereof. I guess I'll have to chalk that up to one o' life's lil mysteries.

Oh fuck it. Jenn, you are clearly Clarkkent and how do I know this? Cuz people claim that you are. And obviously that's gotta be good enough for you, me, and the guy next door. Jenn, you may not have known you were this other person or that you had certain intentions in mind. That's the wonderful thing about this board. They totally can tell what you're thinking, what you should do, what sort of person you are and you have got to accept it. (snort)

Excuse me, I have to change my underwear. I think I may've laughed a bit too hard.

... As far as IP addresses go, I was told by a programmer that they are dynamic, that they change. ...

That depends on precisely how one is accessing the internet. I'm not an expert on ip packet construction, but essentially all identifying information is embedded in each individual ip packet transferred across the internet. These are typically insecure in the sense that anyone can intercept and read them if they wish to go to the trouble. Note that the identifying information is not 'name, rank, & serial number', its fairly sparse.

Nothing in the packet about the name of a user, his home address, etc.. But a sufficient analysis can yield a fair amount of data about the origin of an individual packet, and by extension the person who sent it, by simple examination.

Various schema exist among isp's for the assignment of individual ip addresses. In some cases fixed ip's may be assigned. Most home users are randomly assigned ip's within a specific block of addresses. These blocks are unique to providers and are often (not always) regionally specific. Hence even these may yield clues over time as to who is posting.

Similarly with large institutions such as corporations & universities. For employees of very large corporations or governments coming through a central server or array it may not be clear where they are located in the world although it is usually clear that they are internal to a specific company or country.

Combine enough individual bits of data from divergent sources and you can have a shrewd idea from the start of who is who. Corporate internet marketing programs are centered on linking up such diverse sources of freely available online information, thus the current push to offer 'free' cloud-based services. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . <snip> . . . Auditing can when applied by an auditor without an exploitative intent can be extremely helpful to a person . . .

Assuming that "auditing" is not inherently exploitative, in what way, specifically, can auditing be "extremely helpful"? DOX PLOX and, no, success stories don't count.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just checking in to see whether Clark Kent got back after doing his Superman thing. C'mon Clark, we're waiting for you!:wink2:

Assuming that "auditing" is not inherently exploitative, in what way, specifically, can auditing be "extremely helpful"? DOX PLOX and, no, success stories don't count.

One obvious benefit about which I can personally attest is that for some individuals they may report an increase in their ability to handle irrelevant questions from idiots with a greater sense of personal equanimity.

Mark A. Baker :angel: