What's new

Just wanted to honor a dear friend...

liberated

Patron
I'm not a Scientologist. I was never a Scientologist. And I will never be a Scientologist.
So I hope I'm allowed to be here.
I really want to share my thoughts and I think this is one of the few places where I can do so with people who might understand.

I had a friend who was a Scientologist, and I knew her and her family well. She devoted many years of her life to the Sea Org and made many sacrifices for the Church. She was forced to do some things which most people would find intolerable. She was forced to make some personal decisions which no religion should ever ask anyone to make.
But she stayed with the Sea Org and was faithful, loyal, hard-working and true. If she had worked in any other job outside of Scientology, she would have excelled to the highest ranks. She was really brilliant.

I moved away and we lost touch, but I always remembered her as a true friend and the kindest person..and today I discovered that she passed away some years ago.
I won't reveal her name here as I want to protect her children and family, but I've discovered that she was quite ill while she was in the RPF and she may not have received the medical attention she needed. She died too young, and I will always wonder if the stress and lack of medical attention contributed to her early passing.

So I come here to this community of good people who have bravely reclaimed their lives and decided to leave Scientology. I come here to honor my dear friend, who was caught up in the Church and unable to find her freedom before she died.

I miss my friend. I wish I could have found a way to help her...to guide her out of there and bring her back to the real world. She had a wonderful soul, the most beautiful laugh and I miss her so much.

I will miss her forever.

:rose:

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Hurts

That does hurt, I may have worked with her or many people like her. Can we, in her honour, maybe help those still trapped within?

Yours is a beautiful and moving post. Thank you

liberated

Patron
If I had the power to do it, I'd help anyone trapped within Scientology. For now, I will mourn and honor my friend and maybe someday I will find a way to do more.

Thank you for reading my story.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Liberated, you are welcome, and how sad you must feel, I am sorry.

Many of us here are old, hardened and used to such stories, however much we detest them, when you are used to such abuse it is hard to see how it must look from outside. So thankyou for your viewpoint here. Just you being on this site and reading and writing in it contributes to change. So you really are most welcome!

La La

Div6

Crusader
Liberated,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I do understand, as some Scientologists I have known were the most vibrant, alive, dedicated and truest of friends. And it cuts deep when they are no longer around. Part of the travesty is the lack of preventive healthcare that could prevent so much needless suffering.
I join with you in asking the church to reform its barbaric policies in that regard. Some beings, when they realize their bodies are not going to recover, make the decision to move on to something new. If that decision is made fully informed of their choices and of their own free will, then I have no moral issues with that. But what I have seen all too often is that these beings, feeling that they can no longer make positive contributions to the group, cave themselves in, feel guilty for 'not producing' and accept the sucky conditions they are surrounded with. A real group would honour their contributions and give them alternatives. Not so with "corporate W\Scn."

And that is about as far from Religion that you can go.

Sorry, didn't mean to change the subject.

Peace be with you.

riptide

Patron with Honors
Liberated,

I join with you in asking the church to reform its barbaric policies in that regard............ A real group would honour their contributions and give them alternatives. Not so with "corporate W\Scn."

And that is about as far from Religion that you can go.

Sorry, didn't mean to change the subject.

Peace be with you.

Unfortunately Scientology is a very real group that needs to reform and your point is well timed and very appropriate. Until that group continues to value their members enough (after or during a time when their stats are in a slump) to provide effective preventative health care, their reputation will never recover.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dearest Liberated,

I hope that you can find some relief from your pain here. I also hope that your friend has found peace. I believe that Scientolgy created the RPF not to rehabilitate the being but to cull out the weak, meaning those who still have some humanity left. Si I will stand with you in your bereavement, as I am sure many others here will.

Love and Respect

Bob

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
:console::bighug: For you Liberated and your dear friend. It is love that enriches all of us. May it continue to be your guiding light in all your actions.

liberated

Patron
Grateful

I'm so grateful to all who've replied and I feel so much less alone in my grief.

I read about a dear friend of the forum in another thread named Alan who just passed away, and I am so impressed by the depth of compassion and friendship you all have for him.

This is obviously a group of wonderful people who are working toward change and real freedom.
You have my admiration, my thanks and my absolute support.

byte301

Crusader
Many of us here can relate to what you're feeling, liberated.

Yes, we hear from people like you a lot here. But it never fails to touch us.

You are more then welcome here. We have broad sholders and you are welcome to them.:)

Wisened One

Crusader
Welcome, liberated.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend! :sadsigh:

Know that is why Anon and many of us are doing what we can and will not
stop until these human rights abuses within scn/SO/Staff at minimum is disbanded. :console:

Welcome liberated

Welcome to the board and thank you for your Post. Yet another Scientology success story!
As you will see on this board with the things happening now Scientology's days are very numbered. In the past a few have spoken out but been swiped aside and quietened. Now thanks to Anonymous and others it has become safe to speak out so the pressure is on and we will not be going away. :rose:

liberated

Patron
I've had a chance to exchange PMs with some who knew my friend while she was in the SO and on the RPF. Much insight and some questions answered and I'm very grateful for the communication.
I've learned some things about David Miscavige which are extremely disturbing. It's obvious that he and his cohorts have created a lot of bad karma...and we all know how karma works...it always returns to its creator.

As a non-Scientologist, I've wondered: Why do people join the Church at all? Why do they stay? Why do they endure so much?
No longer a mystery for me. I've been reading some of the stories here, learning and really thinking about it.
I think I get it now.
Some of the finest people on the planet join Scientology.
They work HARD and sacrifice and have deep faith for the same reason human beings have joined religions and demonstrated deep faith for centuries...because it is natural to want to feel connected to some source, some reason, some answer.
It is natural to want to improve the self and improve others. It is natural to want to eliminate pain and disease...because it is natural to want to be okay and it's natural to want to be whole.

My friend's death was an unacceptable tragedy which was made worse by her experience on the RPF.
But she was involved with Scientology because she was a wonderful person who thought she was doing the best she could for the greater good.
She was not a robotic oddball...she was warm and intelligent and decent.
She was deceived and betrayed and manipulated and neglected yet she still tried and tried until her final days.

When she passed away, I hope someone was there to tell her how much she was loved and appreciated...how valuable she was as a friend and mother...how valuable she was as a person.
I hope she was not alone in some forgotten corner of the RPF, suffering, exhausted and in pain. I hope she was honored on that day, in some way...because I will continue to find ways to honor her, to remember her and to keep her memory alive.

Thank you all again for welcoming me and allowing me to share.

Last edited:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:bigcry: Oh man, liberated, this thread is breaking my heart. You were wounded by Scientology just like we were. You are certainly welcome here. Have some :cake:

I've had a chance to exchange PMs with some who knew my friend while she was in the SO and on the RPF. Much insight and some questions answered and I'm very grateful for the communication.
My friend's death was an unacceptable tragedy which was made worse by her experience on the RPF.

Possibly another Lisa McPherson type case? Her family might be interested in what you know.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality. ~Emily Dickinson

Last edited:

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've learned some things about David Miscavige which are extremely disturbing. It's obvious that he and his cohorts have created a lot of bad karma...and we all know how karma works...it always returns to its creator.

As a non-Scientologist, I've wondered: Why do people join the Church at all? Why do they stay? Why do they endure so much?
No longer a mystery for me. I've been reading some of the stories here, learning and really thinking about it.
I think I get it now.
Some of the finest people on the planet join Scientology.
They work HARD and sacrifice and have deep faith for the same reason human beings have joined religions and demonstrated deep faith for centuries...because it is natural to want to feel connected to some source, some reason, some answer.
It is natural to want to improve the self and improve others. It is natural to want to eliminate pain and disease...because it is natural to want to be okay and it's natural to want to be whole.

But she was involved with Scientology because she was a wonderful person who thought she was doing the best she could for the greater good.
She was not a robotic oddball...she was warm and intelligent and decent.
She was deceived and betrayed and manipulated and neglected yet she still tried and tried until her final days.

When she passed away, I hope someone was there to tell her how much she was loved and appreciated...how valuable she was as a friend and mother...how valuable she was as a person.
I hope she was not alone in some forgotten corner of the RPF, suffering, exhausted and in pain. I hope she was honored on that day, in some way...because I will continue to find ways to honor her, to remember her and to keep her memory alive.

Thank you all again for welcoming me and allowing me to share.

Yes, you do get it! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
And you can put it into words very well.
Welcome Honorary Ex. (if I may be so bold.)