Kate Bornstein talks gender politics, Scientology at event

Smilla

Ordinary Human
"Kate Bornstein has been a lot of things to a lot of people, but at a special Aug. 4 appearance at the Center on Halsted, the iconic transgender writer and performer was more family to the audience than she was performer.

Bornstein, whose candor is as famous as her work, shared an emotional two and a half hours with attendees.

She presented her signature piece, "On Men, Women and the Rest of Us," before taking questions and much praise from audience members."

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/...nder-politics-Scientology-at-event/38998.html

Sindy

Crusader
"Two audience members identified themselves as excommunicates from the Church of Scientology. One woman explained through tears that leaving the church allowed her to love LGBT people.

"I think there's hope for us; there's hope for your daughter," she told Bornstein, who also welled up."

Why, that was me and my friend Dave. It was a whirlwind day protesting the org by day and seeing Kate in the evening. It was a beautiful show. :) I would highly recommend it to anyone. It was a treat.

1-2.jpg