What's new

Kathryn's Story of OSA and insanity

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
there may have been another motive for scientology's extreme treatment of Nancy..

we were fairly close friends at FOLO EUS, in 76, and she was also friends with Suzette, and is one of the few witnesses who knew about our attempted elopement. When Rich Leiby was writing the Christmas Day article of 1994, he tried to get a copy of the marriage license from the clearwater county courthouse, but it could not be found.. the clerk said that unfulfilled marriage licenses were always kept in one folder, as there were so few, on the desk, where anyone could get them. They never imagined anyone would ever want to steal a marriage license. So that evidence was operation snow-white-ed, but Nancy knew about it. She did not tell me this until years after she wrote "Kathryn's story". Also there was an update to it in 1999 that was incorporated into the original version webbed here LINK

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I found this story in my travels. It's an account of how a woman was subjected to abuse and wrong medical treatment by OSA that sent to her almost to the point of no return. :grouch: :bigcry:

Heartbreaking stuff, it's too long to post. Here's the link:
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/mystory/kathryn.html
Sorry to bump an eleven year old thread, but Nancy Many's story opened up a large personal wound that I've been carrying around much too long.

I will probably start a new thread to tell that chapter of my story, but it's very similar to what Nancy related about her reverse auditing ordeal. I know what it's like for your mind to "crack" while undergoing the brutality of Black Scientology.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
Sorry to bump an eleven year old thread, but Nancy Many's story opened up a large personal wound that I've been carrying around much too long.

I will probably start a new thread to tell that chapter of my story, but it's very similar to what Nancy related about her reverse auditing ordeal. I know what it's like for your mind to "crack" while undergoing the brutality of Black Scientology.
Thanks for bumping that. Some of my observations on her account:

• I remember that OSA boardroom. I've been a more than frequent visitor whenever it turned out our responsibilites overlapped with something OSA was doing. I think Hubbard or Dave probably designed it this way - they wanted us to step on OSA toes now and then.
  • The account confirms something I had suspected: Unlike us, OSA seems to have had some team to monitor internet activites. Even in these eartly days.
  • In theory, as she was still in good standing they should have handed the case to ethics, but I am aware of other cases where they overstepped their borders and conducted some things like that on their own without informing ethics at all. I wonder if Rog was aware of Nancy's case.
  • The auditor yelling at her when she disagress with "Greatest Good for Greatest Number” - now that's a dead giveaway that the session is not ran by an EO, or if it is then the person conducting it is very poorly trained. That's not how you do it. That's not even when the "good cop / bad cop" routine can be used :grouch:. Erh... probably OSA goons not being able to do an interrogation without badgering and alienating the "doubting Thomas". Typical OSA incompetence and pointless use of excessively invasive auditing :moodswing:
  • Overal a scary, dreadful case. Minimal "psych" knowledge would have provided the auditors with an idea that it might be a panic attack caused by increased anxiety due to the interrogation. But why use "evil psych tech" :screwy: So then her state deteriorates and she's starting to have psychotic episodes. Still no sensible reaction from scn, even though everyone knows. The raving scn stupidity makes my blood boil. :duh:
  • If these were my subordinates handling the case, then I would provide them with a trip to hell for such blaring, harmful incompetence and lack of critical thinking. :censored:

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

I'm glad you bumped the thread as there's probably plenty of people lurking here unfamiliar with Nancy.

For anyone interested:

Here's her book:
My Billion Year Contract: Memoir of a Former Scientologist
https://www.amazon.com/My-Billion-Year-Contract-Scientologist/dp/0578039222

A TV show (Dangerous Persuasions) about her done on the Investigation Discovery Network:
https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Persuasions-Season-01/dp/B01LWTO8E7
(the episode entitled "Scientology: My Eternal Contract")

Also, here's video of a chat she had with Steven Hassan and Larry Brennan (former member of the Watchdog Committee).

It was shot back in 2010 in Boston during a 3 day epic event hosted by Anonymous. These videos are very much worth watching!

Part I

Part II

Part III

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's some additional video of the three of them speaking individually at the Boston Common (the oldest city park in the United States, dating back to 1634). (beginning at the 2:00 mark of this video)

This is from the same event, hosted by the Anon's. Again, very much worth watching! I was sitting in the grass watching and my jaw about hit the ground several times with some of what was revealed by these three:

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
Also, here's video of a chat she had with Steven Hassan and Larry Brennan (former member of the Watchdog Committee).

It was shot back in 2010 in Boston during a 3 day epic event hosted by Anonymous. These videos are very much worth watching!

Part I

Part II

Part III
Thanks. I've seen a couple of those 'couch' videos and they are indeed informative. I'll have to watch these, as well.