What's new

KCET plans and other interesting tidbits according to new sea org recruit

pandora

Patron
Hey y'all. Apologies if this is old news but I found it interesting and thought I'd share. Also I'm not being super specific about names because..well you know.

So I was at a BBQ with family members today in the greater L.A. area. This side of the family are all scientologists - staff members and ex sea org members, some public, a couple of grown people who were raised in the cadet org. One twenty-something member of the family and her husband just signed contracts to join the SO. She (not yet begun the EPF) and her mother were there while the new husband was not. I asked the mother where they are going to be posted and it turns out that both of them are going to be at the new KCET television studio. I was very surprised to hear that the husband is undergoing, and I quote, "extensive training" that entails "taking the writing program at UCLA" (whatever that means, maybe UCLA extension) and then doing "an internship at Dreamworks." I asked, "There must be a lot of contacts at Dreamworks then, because I'm sure internships there are very competitive?" and was assured that yes, there are many contacts there and he'll be working directly under a scientologist there.

Apparently the point of this training, (which sounds to me somewhat unique - I mean, a SO member going to college on the church's dime??) is to be part of the KCET er...project I suppose, which in the account given by this family member includes a "radio show;" an (I guess new and improved!) "Internet presence;" and (and here is where I really had to hide my chagrin) a reality TV show that follows scientology courses: "following someone as they do the Purif, for example." I politely and insincerely oohed and ahhed through this bizarre conversation, imagining the unbelievable mess that would probably come from a scientology "reality" show.

While I'm sure none of this will come to fruition and is but the typically-spewed church hyperbole, it did make me wonder if perhaps upper management is copping to the fact that they are losing the media war and are implementing new strategies. But maybe this is more of the same. In any case - a scientology reality TV show!! LOLZ!!

My guess is they will have several types of programming - the religious DMSMH thumping, how great we all are, how scientology is saving the world BS, endless reruns of scio movies, (Battlefield Earth, the treasure island stuff Ron wrote etc.) off the wall Freedumb mag expose's and rants, constant pledge drives, fake theta news, etc. much like those Bible Belt Christian shows, in an endless 24 /7 whitewash of scientology.

What they need is a good Scio Soap Opera - As the TA rises, or The Cutting Edge of the Motivator or Yet Another Life To Live or All My Children Were Declared that really gets into the pathos of being a deluded scio, and all that goes with that. It could be soooo juicy.

Mimsey

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
whoa. that is quite the scoop. i am, still bitter about them snatching up that beautiful studio, in their quest to clear the planet of all the good real estate. man oh man.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
My guess is they will have several types of programming - the religious DMSMH thumping, how great we all are, how scientology is saving the world BS, endless reruns of scio movies, (Battlefield Earth, the treasure island stuff Ron wrote etc.) off the wall Freedumb mag expose's and rants, constant pledge drives, fake theta news, etc. much like those Bible Belt Christian shows, in an endless 24 /7 whitewash of scientology.

What they need is a good Scio Soap Opera - As the TA rises, or The Cutting Edge of the Motivator or Yet Another Life To Live or All My Children Were Declared that really gets into the pathos of being a deluded scio, and all that goes with that. It could be soooo juicy.

Mimsey
"all my aborted children".

Gib

Crusader

Mimsey

What can I say. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: The science of knowing how to know. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXOEAz46vMk