What's new

Ken and Yvonne Schick Resignation

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
martyrathbun09 | January 7, 2011 at 6:04 pm

That’s because you are ignorant of the more than 1,500 pages of this blog. If you really want to learn, go to study.

KEEPING INDIE SCIENTOLOGY WORKING

Getting the correct technology applied consists of:

One: Having the correct technology.

Two: Knowing the technology.

Three: Knowing it is correct.

Four: Teaching correctly the correct technology.

Five: Applying the technology.

Six: Seeing that the technology is correctly applied.

Seven: Hammering out of existence incorrect technology.

Eight: Knocking out incorrect applications.

Nine: Closing the door on any possibility of incorrect technology.

Ten: Closing the door on incorrect application.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Change ESMB enough to make it 'safe' for people who can't face open communication from all sides and there won't be any 'here' for them to come to.

Zinj

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Those who were in the Sea Org are those who ran Scientology at its upper echelons, and who did DM's and L Ron Hubbard's bidding.

They were the ones "ripping throat", the ones ordering the "ops", the ones getting others to comply so as to get Command Intention implemented on other peoples' faces.

They did a lot of damage to a lot of people.

As I've said before - these people are not leaders.

They are, at best, followers of the boot-licking kind.

And they have a lot to make up for out here in the real world.

That they believe they have some "altitude" by reason of their staff position in the Church of Scientology goes to show exactly how much they still do not get it, and maybe never will.

I was in the Sea Org Al.

Are you tarring me with that same brush?

Axiom142

You are off on your own version of "The Impossible Dream" here, I'm afraid, Kev.

I'm with Kev. A bit more simple courtesy towards others and less of a tendency for vicious pile-ons goes along way towards making the place more amenable for all.

Afterall, esmb is not Marty's blog, Al. Marty's standards need not apply here. However if you drag them over here from there then they will. It's a matter of choice. Posters on esmb can choose to be someone of whom others are proud or they can choose to be "skunks". No offense meant to musteloidea mephitidae. That's what comes of freewill.

Mark A. Baker

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, Ax, nobody's saying you were any *good* at it :)

Zinj

Well, if I were being honest…

I pretty quickly realised that I didn’t fit in. But it still took me over a year to actually get out. :duh:

Actually, I think I did a pretty good job (as I will demonstrate when I publish my story), rescued an area from a dire situation, but got a load of flak for not having the right attitude.

But doing something logically and thoroughly without creating a mess for someone else to clear up, obviously wasn't the Sea Org way. :no:

Axiom142

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm with Kev. A bit more simple courtesy towards others and less of a tendency for vicious pile-ons goes along way towards making the place more amenable for all.

Afterall, esmb is not Marty's blog, Al. Marty's standards need not apply here. However if you drag them over here from there then they will. It's a matter of choice. Posters on esmb can choose to be someone of whom others are proud or they can choose to be skunks. Freewill.

Mark A. Baker

I seldom agree with Mr Baker but I believe I agree with the majority of his sentiments expressed here.

The facts of this as I see them are:
Mike Laws received an email from his friends, Ken and Yvonne.
Mike got OK from them to post it here (having known Mike since the early 80s I doubt he would've omitted this step - he does hint that he did)
Marty also posts the Schick's email on his blog
Mike's action in spreading some good news about his friends IRL became (to some) another "piece of the M & M Show" and so this whole argument started about whether "free speech" is being impeded by asking for simple manners.

Have I missed anything important?

But doing something logically and thoroughly without creating a mess for someone else to clear up, obviously wasn't the Sea Org way. :no:

Axiom142

No, and that is further evidence of why the Sea Org was such an abysmally bad idea from the start.

Kudos for using the experience to achieve something positive. All the more so in that it wasn't appreciated by the fatheads in charge. :clap:

Mark A. Baker

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I care that the newbies can continue to come here, that's what the board is actually for Mick. I think you'll find Emma has the same opinion, in fact I know that because that's where I got the idea.

I agree
Is this where I should say "wow"?Yes.

Comments in red

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Optimist sees the glass as half-full
The Pessimist sees it as half empty
The Realist sees it as polluted with coliform bacteria
The Cynic wants the Optimist to drink it

Zinj

If it was Kool-Aid in the glass…

CoS Scientologists look at their glasses and wait to be told what to think about them. When told that it is a marvellous new formula that will make planetary clearing a reality, they cheer wildly and start donating supplies to the local schools.

Miscavologists look suspiciously at the glass before making their assistant taste it for poison. Then they throw their assistant in The Hole for drinking from their glass and claiming that it was half gone before they even got there.

Independents blame the evil dictator Miscavige for taking half of their Kool-Aid and then drink the rest.

Freezoners disagree over how the Kool-Aid should be served. They all have a fight and go off and make up their own flavours.

Terrilists drink it in order not to offend their hosts, but wish they could get a decent pint of real beer instead.

Zinjifarians look incredulous, refuse to even taste it and launch into a diatribe on how the inventor was a madman and a con artist.

Mickists throw it in the face of the f**king b**tards who tried to make them drink this p**s. W**kers!

Axiomists look disdainfully at the drink, declare that it isn’t their favourite brand and refuse to drink any. And besides, the glass was dirty.

Tansyists look at the glass thoughtfully before launching into a philosophical discussion about the brewing of real beer and how this is indicative of a spiritual existence. After a couple of hours they get thirsty and go down the pub for a couple of pints of real beer.

Emmaists put a fluffy pink hat on the glass, slip in a double shot of rum and pretend it’s a cocktail.

Hoaxists look at the proffered drink with amusement before launching into a witty and inventive monologue on the inadequacies of the drink and then take a swig of 12-year old single malt from their hip flask.

GTists offer to show their b**bs in exchange for something with some alcohol in it. The stronger the better.

DOFists pour the drink into a container for chemical analysis and go and get a cup of cocoa instead.

Fluffyists take the drink but never get around to drinking it because they are too busy posting to one of a dozen forums on their iPhone.

Alanzoists tell everyone that the quantity of fluid in the glass isn’t important. It’s the person holding the glass who should be the centre of attention. But only if he is wearing an armadillo suit.

Ax

Free Being Me

Crusader
With the church loosing it's members, showing some
compassion and understanding to the mindf*cked is
really contemptible. No one needs any departing
$cientologists here. I see every reason to cut
these inhuman creatures from the data and personal
stories here at ESMB.

Nevermind, these $cientologists aren't even here
yet so let's decide these vile shadows are in-
ferior because a superior critic status has evolved.
The departing $cientologist can come here and tough
it out, sink or swim, it's their fault for leaving
the church in the first place. What the hell is
wrong with these uppity blown $cientologists think-
ing any value can be found at ESMB. Let them lurk
cause us free thinkers know what it was like being
in $cietology so screw them.

Let them kiss our collective asses for being discon-
nected and declared. Not as if it matters to anyone
here. The $cientologists leaving the church probably
aren't even human any more, just some worthless cul-
ties, sneering at them for seeking any support or an-
swers is the best course.

What those $cientologists really need is to conform
to ESMB, just like they did as they went deeper in
the church. I hope these $cientologists are too a-
fraid to create an account here, we used to be like
them but we found ESMB so we are better now by far.
I can't think of anything worse than a $cientologist
leaving the church to show up here at ESMB. They are
stupid for listening to Hubbard and stupid for reach-
ing out here.

I just hate them for leaving the church. Let's send
them back. All the threads about love, acceptance and
self exploration are for our benefit and no one else.
We don't need no stinkin $cientologists taking up the
cyberspace here. Can you imagine how funny it is to
post and post messages of despite so these despicable
things will just pass ESMB by. We'll show them.

SAID WITH PROFOUND SARCASM AND DEEP DISAPPOINTMENT

FB

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I seldom agree with Mr Baker but I believe I agree with the majority of his sentiments expressed here.

The facts of this as I see them are:
Mike Laws received an email from his friends, Ken and Yvonne.
Mike got OK from them to post it here (having known Mike since the early 80s I doubt he would've omitted this step - he does hint that he did)
Marty also posts the Schick's email on his blog
Mike's action in spreading some good news about his friends IRL became (to some) another "piece of the M & M Show" and so this whole argument started about whether "free speech" is being impeded by asking for simple manners.

Have I missed anything important?

Well, lets not forget that there is yet another nail in the CoS coffin because 2more people have come to leave and speak up so well about it to others that are still in :) You can't buy this kind of good PR. Every time some one leaves and announces it publicly in a passionate well stated fashion, scientology dies a bit more.
All the contention on this thread is doing is minimizing the importance of the OP. This is a win for the critics of scientology and a few of them here don't even recognize it. Fortunately we do.

Mary

Holy Moley, I am a Tansyist!!! :ohmy:

This is altogether too close to Tarvuism for my sensibilities! :melodramatic:

Once you've gone Tansyism, Can Tarvuism be far behind??? I'm going to get a handle on myself...

*Sweetness takes her case of the vapors off to the nearest brewpub*

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
If it was Kool-Aid in the glass…

CoS Scientologists look at their glasses and wait to be told what to think about them. When told that it is a marvellous new formula that will make planetary clearing a reality, they cheer wildly and start donating supplies to the local schools.

Miscavologists look suspiciously at the glass before making their assistant taste it for poison. Then they throw their assistant in The Hole for drinking from their glass and claiming that it was half gone before they even got there.

Independents blame the evil dictator Miscavige for taking half of their Kool-Aid and then drink the rest.

Freezoners disagree over how the Kool-Aid should be served. They all have a fight and go off and make up their own flavours.

Terrilists drink it in order not to offend their hosts, but wish they could get a decent pint of real beer instead.

Zinjifarians look incredulous, refuse to even taste it and launch into a diatribe on how the inventor was a madman and a con artist.

Mickists throw it in the face of the f**king b**tards who tried to make them drink this p**s. W**kers!

Axiomists look disdainfully at the drink, declare that it isn’t their favourite brand and refuse to drink any. And besides, the glass was dirty.

Tansyists look at the glass thoughtfully before launching into a philosophical discussion about the brewing of real beer and how this is indicative of a spiritual existence. After a couple of hours they get thirsty and go down the pub for a couple of pints of real beer.

Emmaists put a fluffy pink hat on the glass, slip in a double shot of rum and pretend it’s a cocktail.

Hoaxists look at the proffered drink with amusement before launching into a witty and inventive monologue on the inadequacies of the drink and then take a swig of 12-year old single malt from their hip flask.

GTists offer to show their b**bs in exchange for something with some alcohol in it. The stronger the better.

DOFists pour the drink into a container for chemical analysis and go and get a cup of cocoa instead.

Fluffyists take the drink but never get around to drinking it because they are too busy posting to one of a dozen forums on their iPhone.

Alanzoists tell everyone that the quantity of fluid in the glass isn’t important. It’s the person holding the glass who should be the centre of attention. But only if he is wearing an armadillo suit.

Ax

THIS IS GOLD! :D

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I was in the Sea Org Al.

Are you tarring me with that same brush?

Axiom142

I am not counting the little EPFers with SO jackets that are so small for them their buttons bulge around their bellies, the ones who stand at muster and yell "Yes SIR!" when their names are called and then rush off to clean the toilets while "making it go right" on their doomed missions to fill the stalls with toilet paper.

And anyway, if you were in the Sea Org at Int, I doubt that David Miscavige would still be in power. You would have asked that one question that caused his spleen to burst, or his veins to pop in his head.

If only you could have stayed in the SO longer, you could have saved Scientology, Axe.

:)D)