Kirstie

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
Has anyone been watching Kirstie Alley's new sitcom on TV LAND called, "Kirstie"? I just wanted a few reviews.

Pretty much anything on TV Land is a guaranteed train wreck, but I watched the pilot because Kirstie is oddly fascinating and disturbing at the same time. The show is so bad she should be put on the RPF, but it does have Michael Richards from Seinfield as her driver and Rhea Pearlman from Cheers as her personal assistant.

The premise is that Kirstie, a famous broadway star, is waiting at the stage door for her driver when her long lost son who she gave up for adoption 26 years ago comes back into her life. I'll admit, I did laugh out loud once or twice.

Kirstie: I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. Do you have any questions you want to ask me?

Arlo: (sensitively) My father?

Kirstie: It could have been any number of guys in a summer stock production of Jesus Christ Superstar.

Arlo: Any number?!?

Kirstie: Well not any number....there were only twelve apostles.

Rhea: So tell us about you, Arlo?

Arlo: I work at The Glazed Hole in Trenton, New Jersey.

Kirstie: Is that a gay bar? The gays LOVE me.

Arlo: (Gives her an odd look.) No. It's a doughnut shop.

Rhea: Doughnuts love her too.

Kirstie then goes to the doughnut shop where he works.

Kirstie: I opened the gift you gave me. Thank you for the mother's day card. I've never gotten one before. Or given one. FYI, you're grandmother's a bitch.

Kirstie then gets into a doughnut fight with his co-worker and is covered in frosting. Later she says, as a successful actress and now reunited mother: "I am SO going to be on the cover of People. Suck it, Angelina Jolie!"

What OT-level is Kirstie? How dare she perpetrate this show on the American public? Where is her auditor?

Purple Rain

Crusader
Has anyone been watching Kirstie Alley's new sitcom on TV LAND called, "Kirstie"? I just wanted a few reviews.

Pretty much anything on TV Land is a guaranteed train wreck, but I watched the pilot because Kirstie is oddly fascinating and disturbing at the same time. The show is so bad she should be put on the RPF, but it does have Michael Richards from Seinfield as her driver and Rhea Pearlman from Cheers as her personal assistant.

The premise is that Kirstie, a famous broadway star, is waiting at the stage door for her driver when her long lost son who she gave up for adoption 26 years ago comes back into her life. I'll admit, I did laugh out loud once or twice.

Kirstie: I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. Do you have any questions you want to ask me?

Arlo: (sensitively) My father?

Kirstie: It could have been any number of guys in a summer stock production of Jesus Christ Superstar.

Arlo: Any number?!?

Kirstie: Well not any number....there were only twelve apostles.

Rhea: So tell us about you, Arlo?

Arlo: I work at The Glazed Hole in Trenton, New Jersey.

Kirstie: Is that a gay bar? The gays LOVE me.

Arlo: (Gives her an odd look.) No. It's a doughnut shop.

Rhea: Doughnuts love her too.

Kirstie then goes to the doughnut shop where he works.

Kirstie: I opened the gift you gave me. Thank you for the mother's day card. I've never gotten one before. Or given one. FYI, you're grandmother's a bitch.

Kirstie then gets into a doughnut fight with his co-worker and is covered in frosting. Later she says, as a successful actress and now reunited mother: "I am SO going to be on the cover of People. Suck it, Angelina Jolie!"

What OT-level is Kirstie? How dare she perpetrate this show on the American public? Where is her auditor?

I haven't been watching, but it's really hard for me to be objective because of how I feel about Kirstie. I honestly don't think I could give an objective review. Some of those lines would make me laugh if someone else said them, and she can have a good sense of timing and delivery when it comes to comedy.

Sindy

Crusader
stinkypileofpoo.jpg

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
IMDB said:
Ratings: 5.6/10 from 533 users

IMDB's scoring system isn't linear, it's really a 5-point range (3-8). A 5.6 generally indicates something which you'll quickly switch off unless it's a genre you're crazy about, or includes your favorite star.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Hey look, Scientology!! It's over!! Kirstie Alley is singing!!

[video=youtube;D_eziLj6F_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_eziLj6F_E[/video]