What's new

Kiwi (Aaron) blows the whistle on Scientology - Aaron Saxton on 3news.co.nz

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Kha Khan, do you mind changing your thread name? Can you do that? Can you put the thread title as 'Mike Ferriss ambushed by TV crew'. There are HEAPs of ozzies and Kiwis who would dearly love to see that, as he is known by the name of OSA mike to the Syd Anons, and it would be great for them to see it. I'll post it up on SydAnons page, but if you could do that it would be fantastic.

And I do know the lady with the dox. hehehe

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Kha Khan, do you mind changing your thread name? Can you do that? Can you put the thread title as 'Mike Ferriss ambushed by TV crew'. There are HEAPs of ozzies and Kiwis who would dearly love to see that, as he is known by the name of OSA mike to the Syd Anons, and it would be great for them to see it. I'll post it up on SydAnons page, but if you could do that it would be fantastic.

Yeah, OB. That "Righteous Indignation" game will not fly any more -- not when people have seen the dox. :D

Lynn

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious

If it is OK with you I would rather not for several reasons. First, the thread name corresponds to the YouTube video I posted and the original 3news.co.nz article. Secondly, already publicized the thread on WWP under this name. Third, far more people on the forum know Aaron than Mike Ferriss.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nice one, Jen and Aaron.:thumbsup:

The Ferris wheel is still going 'round and 'round in ever-decreasing circles and he sure is aging fast these weeks.:yes:

Not a good time to be a cult spokesperson methinks.:D

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Mike Ferriss turned down the offer of an interview. Instead, he sent Campbell Live the following statement:

Disconnection from Suppressive persons

The Church reserves the right to ex-communicate someone from its ranks. This does not occur very often, but when it does it is for good reason. Mostly however we seek to help and rehabilitate the individual and give them a lot of leeway before any ex-communication occurs.

If a person is ex-communicated then we ask that other members of the group cut ties with them. Should the person want to re-join the group, then the door is always open and the person can, and quite often does, take advantage of this.

(NB. Should there be a specific allegation from Aaron Tweddell regarding this matter, it should be noted that he pushed to have his mother ex-communicated in 1997 which he told me about on the telephone this morning.)

Charitable status

The Church of Scientology is a charitable organisation in New Zealand like any other religion. The Church's charitable works are considerable from drug education programmes to human rights, disaster response and moral education. We work in the community and these initiatives are shared extensively within the community.

Religious people tend to assist and work voluntarily in areas of society where it needs it most which is why they are tax exempt as this would otherwise be paid for by government social services.

Senator Xenophon's statements about the Church of Scientology.

Senator Xenophon has only looked at very negative and false claims made about the Church without verifying their credibility.

His claims are without any basis in truth. What he is saying has no bearing on the New Zealand Church and nor the Australian Church as the claims are now being investigated and they are being found to be untrue. The Church in Australia is now releasing its findings as each claim is being investigated.

Forced Abortions

There are no forced abortions in Scientology and if Aaron Saxton or anyone else coerced someone into having an abortion then they are way outside of the Church's policy and ethical conduct. We respect human life and the rights of mother's and families in such matters. The Church does not intervene

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Posted to WWP

Mike Ferriss turned down the offer of an interview. Instead, he sent Campbell Live the following statement:

The Church reserves the right to ex-communicate someone from its ranks. This does not occur very often, but when it does it is for good reason. Mostly however we seek to help and rehabilitate the individual and give them a lot of leeway before any ex-communication occurs.

If a person is ex-communicated then we ask that other members of the group cut ties with them. Should the person want to re-join the group, then the door is always open and the person can, and quite often does, take advantage of this.

(NB. Should there be a specific allegation from Aaron Tweddell regarding this matter, it should be noted that he pushed to have his mother ex-communicated in 1997 which he told me about on the telephone this morning.)

Charitable status

The Church of Scientology is a charitable organisation in New Zealand like any other religion. The Church's charitable works are considerable from drug education programmes to human rights, disaster response and moral education. We work in the community and these initiatives are shared extensively within the community.

Religious people tend to assist and work voluntarily in areas of society where it needs it most which is why they are tax exempt as this would otherwise be paid for by government social services.

Senator Xenophon's statements about the Church of Scientology.

Senator Xenophon has only looked at very negative and false claims made about the Church without verifying their credibility.

His claims are without any basis in truth. What he is saying has no bearing on the New Zealand Church and nor the Australian Church as the claims are now being investigated and they are being found to be untrue. The Church in Australia is now releasing its findings as each claim is being investigated.

Forced Abortions

There are no forced abortions in Scientology and if Aaron Saxton or anyone else coerced someone into having an abortion then they are way outside of the Church's policy and ethical conduct. We respect human life and the rights of mother's and families in such matters. The Church does not intervene

/

Posted to WWP.

/

Carmel

Crusader
Geez! Talk about heart filling stuff! Great to see Ferris on the back foot! :giggle:

Good on ya Aaron and Gen - Good job! :thumbsup:

It's not just Aussie, it's NZ as well, and now DM is being sued! :buzzin: Wuuuunderful stuff!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The Ferris-wheel goes 'round and 'round but never gets anywhere.
If the CofS still had any credibility, that "official statement" is going to fuel its destruction.
Way to go, Aaron and "that lady".
Yes, I know her Kha Khan, she's wonderful.
Thanks Aaron and Gen, I love you both. :)

Tommy says no disconnection. Ferriss bypasses and says they do have disconnection.
= Ferriss puts Tommy Davis in Danger.

Ferriss admits the COS is acting as it was instructed not to act, when they had the NZ enquiry into Scientology.
Putting NZ COS in Danger.
No one else to take the post if he is rpfed.
= The ship is sinking.

Last edited:
THE COMMISSION OF INQUIRY INTO THE HUBBARD
SCIENTOLOGY ORGANISATION IN
NEW ZEALAND

Dumbleton-Powles report (Wiki)

"................Conclusion
It will be seen, therefore, that while the commission has in effect found against Scientology on all three heads of the terms of reference, yet it is prepared, relying on Lady Hort's candour and co-operation and upon the evidence of the changed outlook on the part of Scientology, to make no recommendations about the necessity or expediency of legislation change at this stage. The commission feels that for the future Scientology should regard as indispensable certain rules of practice. These are:
No reintroduction of the practice of disconnection.
No issue of Suppressive Person or Declaration of Enemy orders by any member to any other member of a family.
No auditing or processing or training of anyone under the age of 21 without the specific written consent of both parents; such consent to include approval of the fees (which shall be specified) to be charged for the course or courses to which the consent is applicable.
A reduction to reasonable dimensions of "promotion" literature sent through the post to individuals, and prompt discontinuance of it when this is requested.
If Scientology in New Zealand has regard to these rules of practice no further occasion for Government or public alarm should arise in respect of those of its manifestations with which this inquiry was concerned. " End quote.

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
The Ferris-wheel goes 'round and 'round but never gets anywhere.
If the CofS still had any credibility, that "official statement" is going to fuel its destruction.
Way to go, Aaron and "that lady".
Yes, I know her Kha Khan, she's wonderful.
Thanks Aaron and Gen, I love you both. :)

I wuvs you guise too :happydance:

Genny Long, aka Once Bitten, also my bridesmaid in '82 (soon after she was pressured to have an abortion and not long before I was pressured to do the same).

Gen's a gud gal! :happydance:

Yep, and we were strong bitches us two. We stood up to them and told them to stfu loud and clear! :thumbsup:

Tommy says no disconnection. Ferriss bypasses and says says they do have disconnection.
= Ferriss puts Tommy Davis in Danger.

Ferriss admits the COS is acting as it was instructed not to act, when they had the NZ enquiry into Scientology.
Putting NZ COS in Danger.
No one else to take the post if he is rpfed.
= The ship is sinking.

Very good point, DB, very good. What will they make of that? Ferriss has done it again! I hope he wiped the bullshit off the bottom of his shoe before he shoved it in his mouth.

Loved the little religious gesture as he walked through the door (which he tried to slam but couldn't). lol

Cherished

Mike Ferris said:
Forced Abortions

Evidence of Coerced Abortions

Mary Tabayoyen - former Sea Org member
http://www.mediafire.com/?01mnldm3yyy

Affidavit filed in US District Action No 2:91-cv-6426-HRH-T
, a sealed case (text
attached). Graham Berry, the attorney of record who filed the Tabayoyen affidavit, can verify the text.

Janet Honn-Alex of Planned Parenthood Riverside, California:

4135928262_216f0ab315_o.jpg

“I just felt that it was strange that they would all make the same decision. Independent of their individual circumstances, they had all made the decision to have an abortion, no matter how old they were or how many children they already had. We found that almost unbelievable. And when we started asking more questions, in order to find out their individual motives, because we were suspicious, they stopped coming to us altogether, for any services."​

Source: 1997 German tv documentary The Dark Side of Scientology: video and transcript at http://www.xenutv.com/int/darkside.htm .

Maureen Bolstad – former Sea Org member

4135939562_50a62f30a6_o.jpg

2009 Interview on KESQ TV News - http://www.kesq.com/global/story.asp?s=10114227

"If a woman gets pregnant, and does not abort the child, then they are declared a suppressive person. Because, it kind of started out gradually. At first, the thing was, the Church of Scientology International did not want to pay for child care," said Bolstad.​

Laura DeCrescenzo – former Sea Org member from age 12

Full time staff at 10 years of age.
Went interstate without family to be in the Sea Org at 12. (Guardianship signed over to a Sea Org member.)
Coerced into an abortion at 17.
At 25, she drank bleach to make them let her leave.

Part of Laura's story, as posted at http://forums.whyweprotest.net/24-p...zos-story-here-goes-nothing-27619/#post542326 in 2008:

We got married shortly before I turned 17.
A few months later I got pregnant. I was shocked, I had been on birth control pills and messed them up and ended up pregnant. By this time the rule had just changed from being sent to a Class V org if you wanted to have a kid, to being offloaded. Which meant that at 17 and 18 my husband and I would be offloaded from the SO with freeloader bills and have to figure out how to make a life for ourselves and a baby.
It was overwhelming to say the least. I told my husband over the phone as he was at PAC base and I was at the HGB. Both of us had no clue what to do, I told him there was no way that I was getting an abortion. I was having the baby and we would have to figure it out.
The COs of both of our orgs pulled us into their offices at their respective locations and his CO started yelling at me over the phone telling me that this was out-ethics and I must have done something intentionally to make this happen (well honestly I always wanted kids so probably....). I yelled right back at her and hung up the phone.
This "handling" went on for two days straight. I was worn down and under threat of losing my husband and having to go out on my own I gave in and had an abortion. To this day this still haunts me, I would have a child that was 12 years old by now.
I was devastated. I had wanted kids since I was very young, I used to say I was going to have 12 kids! And somehow I allowed myself to be convinced to do this. I sit here now and still get choked up about it. I was enough of a robot to buy into how it would be out-ethics to have a child.
After having that done I came back into the org and was assigned lower conditions as I had "obviously" been in doubt about Sea Org.

2009 suit against the Church of Scientology International: www.scribd.com/full/13912796?access_key=key-
elkvgaz37cbbx9pkg8h
p.1. There are two very different versions of Scientology. There is the Scientology as presented to the outside world and there is a different Scientology in which Plaintiff lived and worked for approximately thirteen years. In the Scientology world Plaintiff experienced, twelve year old children are taken from their homes, asked to sign employment contracts and put to work. Pregnant women are coerced to have abortions...
p30. Plaintiff was coerced to terminate a pregnancy by a forced abortion. Plaintiff was required to abort her child to remain an employee in good standing with Defendant and to avoid adverse consequences in her future employment. Further, Plaintiff was intimidated and coerced into not becoming pregnant again or having a family. Plaintiff is aware that coercing employees to have unwanted abortions was a relatively common practice at CSI and in the Scientology enterprise. Plaintiff has knowledge of other female employees ordered to have abortions.
P31. Defendant ordered and coerced abortions primarily to get more work out of their female employees and to avoid child care issues.

Claire Headley – former Sea Org member

4135200937_c1f867c24f_o.jpg

2009 Suit against the Church of Scientology International and Religious Technology Center:
www.scribd.com/full/12565010?access_key=key-191r3kgtpfaqt9ytei17
P.1 In particular, Plaintiff complains that she worked long hard hours for illegal wages, was forced to have abortions to keep her job and was subjected to violations of personal rights and liberties by Defendants for
purposes of obtaining forced labor.
P.2 3) The goals of this case include stopping the practice of ordering female employees to have abortions, stopping the practice of oppressive child labor and clearing the path for workers of Scientology organisations
to obtain the compensation due them under state and federal labor laws. Plaintiff seeks payment for her work at minimum wage, overtime pay, a permanent injunction against forced abortions and other remedies authorized by law.
P7. In the course of, and by reason of her employment with Defendants, Plaintiff was ordered to have abortions, at her expense, and in fact coerced and intimidated into having abortions to keep her job with Defendant. Plaintiff is informed and believes that Defendants continue to ignore labor laws and coerce pregnant workers into forced abortions.
P.11. In 1994, while working for Golden Era Productions of CSI, Plaintiff became pregnant. She was nineteen at the time. Having children was against the dictates of top management at Scientology. Plaintiff had witnessed two other employees refuse to have abortions. They were demoted and ordered to perform heavy manual labor for months. Plaintiff was concerned about the potential consequences of doing hard labor while pregnant and quite reasonably was reluctant to suffer the punishment of manual labor for
being pregnant. At age nineteen, Plaintiff had only her job at CSI and was dependent upon CSI for support. Plaintiff had been working for far less than minumum wage, had no money, had no place to go and no medical insurance or coverage as an employee of Golden Era Productions/CSI. Plaintiff felt
trapped and without viable options. She had an abortion to keep her position at Golden Era/CSI and not risk the adverse consequence of having her baby.
P.12. 26) In 1996, there was a second forced abortion. Plaintiff had been transferred from CSI to Defendant RTC. She was sent to Clearwater, Florida to be trained for her new position at RTC. Plaintiff was given a pregnancy test and found to be pregnant. Plaintiff was not allowed to communicate with her husband, friends or family about her family. She was not allowed to contact her husband, Marc Headley, for advice, console or his input on aborting the baby. She had no money, no insurance, no housing, no
credit, no high school diploma and no job prospects except for her employment at RTC. To keep that employment on which she was dependent, Plaintiff was forced to have a second abortion at her expense.​

Marc Headley – former Sea Org staff member

4135215235_2a6a19b4fe_o.jpg

Interview 25 April 2008 – Glosslip Radio: http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/20080425-glosslipradio.html

At Int Base, I know of several female staff members that were absolutely pressured into having abortions. I know one girl who had four abortions in a five-year period. And when somebody goes to the eye doctor
goes to see a physician anything, any medical thing, they're usually driven by one of the medical liaison office staffers. When these girls are going off to get abortions they are going to the planned parenthood facility in Hemet, going with a carload of girls and it even got so bad that the Planned Parenthood place was like, “What the hell is happening? This is just not right, we are seeing girls come in here every week and not only that sometimes we are seeing the same girls back again months later”. And they actually
had to go to different Planned Parenthood centers all over the Inland Empire because they were creating a public relations situation by having so many abortions performed on church staff members. So, it really is. If you don't get an abortion then you are basically saying I don't want to be here, if you don't get the abortion you have to leave so, I mean...

[48:00]

DO: It's not an official policy, it's an unstated rule.

MH: No. It's an official policy that you cannot have kids while you're at the Int Base property. That is an official rule. There are no kids allowed, period. If you do have a child, then you get sent to some other facility where you no longer in the Sea Org and you become like a staff member and I think that the last person that actually did that was in 1992. It was a girl who got pregnant, held her ground and said “I'm having the baby”. I can't remember any other females from 1992- forward at the Int Base that actually didn't get an abortion and have their baby. We're talking about hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of abortions not just like ten, twenty. We are talking about every week, girls going to the Planned Parenthood center getting abortions.
[49:00]

DO: Is there any way, we can investigate that particular, scenario?

MH: That's the thing with everything at the Int Base. That's the thing with the beatings. That's the thing with the abortions. That's the thing with the people being held there against their will. If you go there today and say "Hey, are you being held here against your will?", they are going to say “No, I love it here, it's a Paradise!”​

Jesse Prince – former Sea Org member and Deputy Inspector General, External, and a member of the Board of Directors for RTC, as Treasurer
4135981636_ed5060c763_o.gif

Affidavit of Jesse Prince (27 July 1998): http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/jesse_prince_affidavit.html
15. In late 1991, my wife Monika became pregnant and although we were elated, she was ordered to abort the child. The reason for the abortion order is that Sea Org members were not allowed to have
children. The order devastated both my wife and me. Our dedication as Sea Org members clashed violently with our intentions as parents and we went through a personal nightmare with me opposing it, to no avail. She got the abortion and afterwards she was not the same. She was devastated at the impact of what she did and that was when she told me she wanted to leave. We fled, with the organization close behind us, trying to find us. They finally did and convinced us to return so we could "leave properly."​

Tera Hattaway – former staff member

Affidavit of 12 April 2001: http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/hattawayt20010412.html

4. Within a month or so of joining staff I discovered that I was pregnant. At the time I was approximately 22 years old, upset and uncertain as to how to handle this. I was afraid and needed someone to turn to
so I confided in Melanie, thinking I needed to let my ex-boyfriend know, as I truly did love him very much and we did have intentions to marry in the future.
5. Melanie’s very strong advice and pressure was to abort the baby. She had gone on to say that at this point in my life it is better to do the greatest good for all. That spending my life “clearing the planet” which means basically to get the planet saved from insanity, would be the greatest good, in other words, a far more noble endeavor than leaving staff to raise a child.
6. She went on to tell me that the spirit doesn’t enter the baby’s body until the baby is born. She made the point that all I would be “killing” is a piece of meat essentially. We discussed this for a couple of days and she showed me definitions in the L. Ron Hubbard Technical Dictionary to persuade me to have an ABORTION.
7. I made the decision to go through with the abortion, even though I was raised in a Catholic home where abortion was never an option. I can remember the state of mind I was in at the time; I was completely shut-off emotionally. I felt numb through the entire procedure of going to the clinic and getting the abortion procedure done. I detached myself completely from the responsibility that I was about to kill a living human being so I could be on staff and do scientology. The Executive Director of the Org, my direct senior had convinced me, that this foetus was lifeless, therefore it was ok to kill it, so I could help Ron save the planet. As though it were a mole or something I was removing. I felt no remorse after the ordeal, which is very, very unlike my true nature.
8. I want to mention here that Melanie, the E.D., was also trapped in the bizarre beliefs, falsehoods, hypocrisy and lies of the Church of Scientology and that I don’t see her as a bad person today. During that period I witnessed first-hand the same pressure given to others, especially when married couples on staff wanted to have children. It was looked down on as not productive for the group, or the greatest good, etc.​

Jenna Miscavige-Hill – former Sea Org member from childhood and niece of leader, David Miscavige

4135230491_c512630863_o.jpg

Jenna appeared on ABC's Nightline in April 2008. http://68.71.208.15/Nightline/Story?id=4702271&page=1

Hill said that "if you get pregnant when you're in the Sea Org you either have to leave, or you get an abortion. I know women who have had up to four abortions."

Astra Woodcraft - former Sea Org member from age 14

4135241599_7415447da4_o.gif

Astra also appeared on ABC's Nightline in April 2008. http://68.71.208.15/Nightline/Story?id=4702271&page=1

Said Astra Woodcraft: "I remember thinking wait a minute, I never agreed to this. I am 17 years old, I haven't made a decision that I'm not going to have children." Two years after the policy was established, Astra Woodcraft learned she and her husband were expecting a baby.
"A very high-level Sea Org member one day saw me and asked me what I was doing and I said I was leaving and I said I was pregnant and he said, Oh, is it too late for an abortion?," Woodcraft said. "I didn't even know what to say in response. "
In a San Francisco Chronicle article from 2001, Church leaders said that the Church has no policy on abortion, leaving the choice up to individual couples.

2001 Declaration of Astra Woodcraft: http://www.exscientologykids.com/astra1.html

42. Approximately 1½ years before I left, a new rule came out stating that if you got pregnant, you had to either get an abortion, which was heavily pushed, or leave. The rule had previously been that if you got
pregnant, you had to get an abortion or be sent to a small and failing lower organization where you had to fend for yourself and your baby. I had to handle any staff that disagreed with this new rule. I myself disagreed with it because I wanted children and was told I would be able to have them when I was first recruited. However, I never said anything for fear of getting into trouble.
I got to the point of being suicidal because I was so unhappy, but I never said anything because I would have gotten into big trouble and been looked down upon.
43. In September of 1997, my grandma in England died. I convinced my seniors that I had to go to her funeral in England. They did not want me to go, but finally relented and let me take an 8-day leave. When I returned I realized that I could not take being split apart from my family any longer. I decided to get pregnant because if I tried to just leave, I would be made to do heavy labor and confessionals for 6 months to a year and be called a "degraded being" by the other staff. I got pregnant in January of 1998
and on February 23rd 1998 I left without permission, got on a plane and went to stay with my aunt and uncle in England. No one knew up until then that I was pregnant and I was really sick and had to get away. My seniors in Scientology threatened me that if I didn't come back and receive a confessional I would be declared a Suppressive Person and my family would never speak to me again. My mother who is still in the Sea Org called me on a continuous basis telling me to get an abortion and return.
44. I returned on April 1st, 1998. Jeff Porter told me that if I left again, I would be declared immediately.
I told the security staff there that I would stay with my father and come in every day for my confessional, explaining that I needed proper nutrition and they couldn't provide it. They told me that I had to stay in their berthing or I would be put under a non-enturbulation order, which means that if I caused further trouble, that is if I still refused to stay in their berthing, I would be declared suppressive.
I then agreed that I would stay there for four days, which is how long my confessional was supposed to take. The Security Chief wrote me a letters stating that if I was not done with my confessional within four days, I could stay with my father until I finished.
45. Four days later I was not done, but I was told that they had only written the letter to get me to stay in the berthing and that it was not valid. Therefore, I had to continue to stay in Sea Org berthing and eat micro waved meals even though I was suffering from morning sickness. I had to sleep on the floor in a small room while waiting for my confessionals. I was there for 1 month.
46. It took a lot less time for me to leave because they didn't want any of the other staff to know I was pregnant, so they were trying to get me out quick. A staff member from the Religious Technology Center (The Sea Org's highest organization) came up to me one day while I was in the process of routing out and asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was pregnant and leaving and he said to me "Oh, too late for an abortion?" I personally knew of three other girls who got pregnant and were convinced to get
abortions.
One was my sister-in-law who was 16 weeks pregnant when she was convinced to abort her child although she was strongly against it. My mother told my sister and I that it was good that she got an abortion.
...snip...
I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America and the state of Florida that the foregoing is true and correct.
Executed in Clearwater, Florida this 24th day of January 2001.​

Last edited:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Thank you for posting this. It really deserves its own thread imo. Just shocking. Thanks for putting it all together

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
CofS Spokesman Tells the Truth about Disconnection!

My emphasis above.

Paul

Div6

Crusader

Uh....no. I was declared after one long interview with one Ethics Officer, with no further gradients applied. There was NO leeway, and NO offers of "help" or "rehabilitation".

False statement is false.

But what do ytou expect? Scientology has ALWAYS lied when caught doing illegal or immoral things.

OHTEEATE

Wow!

Things are really getting HOT down under! I think the US and European exes, while continuing their own stuff in follow up of the St. Pete Times and France sits, are still in AWE of the sheer HEAT being generated by the fury of the Aussies and Kiwis. All I can say is, you guys are awesome. You definately have them worried, and on the run. Aaron is right: they hold up that Creed in the face of the press, and you are correctly pointing out the truth that they do NOT follow those policies. There are a whole set of CMO and RTC policies that they run on. That is where the trouble is coming from. The DARK side of the force.