What's new

KNOCK KNOCK WhoseThere? Scientologist, are u in possession of LRH Missing Material's?

jenergy

Hello everyone. My name is Jenni. I have been procrastenating posting this because I don't know where to begin.Unfortunately, it might be long for those of you who are kind enough to endure. So here goes.... I am not a scientologist and never have been, but my dad, I suppose might have been. He was heavily involved in Dianentics. I hope its okay that I am on you'lls message board. I am here because I want to do right but my father's memory by seeking asking the people whom he might of unintentional harmed by his involvment. What should I do with the materials I possess.? Here is my story, or better yet my daddy's.
My dad was born in 1927. He served in the Navy and was stationed in San Diego and honorable discharged in 1945. He was President/staff at Hubbard College in Wichita, Kansas unitl the foundations bankruptcy.
I don't mean to side track but in order for you to fully comprehend what I am going to share I must detour. I am number 10 out of 12 children. The only thing I was never allowed to know about Scientology/Dianetics because we are Christians. Ever since I can remember people from Scientology were trying to get ahold of my father. My mom always hung up or was real evasive. If one of my siblings ever mentioned it, mom would say "stay away from it." That's all I ever knew until my mom moved in with me while she was remodeling her home. I answered her phone in April of 2004.
The man on the line was Andy Lenarcic, who said he was a friend of my mother's and father's. I told him the sad news that we had lost my dad 1998 and that mom was not there. He then confessed he was with Scientology and writing the biography of LRH. I knew mom would be mad I didn't hang up but what harm would come if a stranger called to tell me something about my dad. Besides, she would never know. right? Tom was excited and told me they had tried for 20 years for someone not to disconnect. The next thing I know I was agreeing for him to fly down to Houston the next day to met with him and a guy named Tom Vorm.
I dragged my big brother Casey to met with these guys. All four of us go into the restaurant and they whipped out a bunch of documents. They said to us, and I quote. "Your father, Jack Nonmacher, was Ron Hubbard's right hand man." What can you tell us about your dad's involvement with Scientologist and these materials that are missing? I have to say they were completely disappointed at our response: The only thing we knew except "it's not of God, stay away from it." We said it at the same time. It was a laughable moment. I told them we were there so they could tell us.
This is how I came into possession of a copy of Ron Hubbards sworn deposition "In the Matter of My Property and the Foundation" dated May 18, 1952. It was regarding the Grand Larceny charges that Don Percell filed against the foundation. The records are exponged. I have a copy. My favorite two points in the deposition is yes, he tells the courts, my dad, in misunderstanding in interoffice memo, might indeed be in possessions of missing tapes. Secondly, he states he has had to make replacement tapes of the missing lecture tapes. Can I post this deposition with out getting in trouble?
They also gave me copies of documents that my father typed and lectured on February 25, 1952. Have you ever head of Mytosis and the Grim Weeper? Scales of Effort? Running the Boo-Hoo and the Grim Weeper?
They were eager and desperate to met with my mother. Their eyes lite up like candles when I told them my family has 5 storages of crap that we have been storaging since 1976 when we remodelled our homes. My mom is one of those scary hoarders who you see on tv who keep everything. She was more comfortable with having excessive storages that would accommodate a marriage of 40 and 12 children who came with it. I warned them and pleaded with them that they would get know where with her. They said they wouldn't met with her but they lied.
My mom was hostile when she got home. She met with them because two of her children had done so. She was beyond irriated and beligerant that not only is "Hubbard a liar but a pig". "Sarah", I think she said, "was an angel". "They're out of their minds if they think I am going to give them her dress". Sarah and her in the day were friends. Later mom told me dad and her use to double date with the Hubbards.
More then ever did I wish I could ask my father about his involvement.
It wasnt until after my mother passed away in 2005 that that I decided maybe it was time.
I left things alone for awhile till October of 2007 when I went to Cali to visit a friend. I called the Scientology building whatever it is official called in LA. The one behind the Great big huge building for the high achievers or something like that. I told the operator on the phone who I was. It was Saturday night and I asked them if I could come and visit while I was there. A man was to be waiting for me when I got there eager and ready to help me. The first question, and my only at the time was "If Ron Hubbard was his right hand man why isn't his name in any material. I thought if Jack was Hubbards right hand man then my dad must have been his left behind man. He went across his secured area and typed something and found something about him being an auditor. He took me on a tour but I didnt want to stay. He knew I was not interested in speaking anymore because if that was all the records show, then it was time to go. I really liked the man who I met with. He has a good heart just lost. Let's call him "J". When I got back to OKC he had mailed me a great big lecture course. "Milestone One." The note in the package said "Jen, listen to this". He told me to go to the glossary his name would be there. I listned to the first lecture on March 25, 1952 Hubbards mentions my dad. Later in the lecture my dad is speaking with hubbard. The audience was laughing. I stopped listening when the voices on the lecture would say it was my father and it wasnt. other times it would say it was someone else.
Anyway, I laid low for another year until early 2009. I called and spoke to "J" and told him I was ready to go to storage. I didn't have the money to fly back to Houston so they offered not only to fly me down but but wanted to send a team to help. I declined the help but took the flight and hotel accommadation. "J" told me in order for them to book it I need to have a cell number. Worked for me. It was strange because I missed the first flight and decided to take a later one. "J" was calling me before it had time to take off. "Jen, you didn't make your flight?" I thought it was courterous but odd. Stranger yet was the hotel accommodations were within 5 miles of my storages. What of the chances of that. I never told them where it was located and I assure you mom never ever would have. I didn't feel right.
. So you now know my situation, this is what I want to know from you: Is there any material's that Hubbard or Scientologist use that it is in his handwritting? The funny thing is there are three major items that they were hunting for.
1. The first is a book manuscript that was typed off some dictation's tape.
2. Reel to Reel tapes
3. Hadwritten documents from LRH.

They sent me samples of Hubbard's handwriting. Here is the clincher for me. It is not just Hubbard's handwritting but they sent me samples mixed with my Daddy's. Good golly folks. My daddy was an engineer with unmistakable pinminship.

For those who doubt me. I am sure. Here is what I have to back up my store. All correspondes coming from scientology emailed to me.

"J" was in constant communication with me while I was down there and I eagerly reported that indeed I found some "reel to reel" tapes. I realized my blunder and told them they were family stuff. He sent me a box down and wants me to send to him to have it reimaged into a cd at zero cost. He told me they have the equipment in Baker's Field Ca. and it would save me a bundle of money. I politely declined. I found the realic machine that plays them but I am afraid it will hurt it.

So if you found items that they were seeking what would you do with them.
I am asking you because I know my dad and he wouldn't of wanted to have caused so many people to stumple.

There was one thing I remember my dad would tell me. Please forgive me if this sounds demeaning "There are a lot of people who are lost and searching for answers. They want someone to tell them what to do. Becareful who you follow. At the time, as a teenager I thought he meant the popular kid in school who did drugs. He would end his antedote with "I once sat with a group of men where one stood up and said lets start a religion. He did.

You will be happy to know I am done. Thank you letting me share my story. I tried to spare all of you this but it was necessary for my lack of knowledge. I want to thank the few people I sent messages to. I appreciate your responses. I picked you'll because of what you have said and I hope it was the right thing to do. God bless you.

Off to get my kiddos.

Thanks,

Jenni

Last edited:

looker

Patron Meritorious
WOW! That is an amazing story. Thanks for sharing. It sounds as though there may be a smoking gun in the records your dad had. The Scientologist would most likely get hold of it and then make sure it would never see the light of day.

I think you should make copies of it and give the originals to the Lisa McPherson Trust Or some trust able person Like Paul (Dulloldfart) to comb through documents to see what is there.

There is definitely some history there that could untangle some mysteries of the beginnings of Dianetics and Scientology.

I see you have already posted about this here http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=425943&highlight=jack#post425943 #73

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Nope.. I'm not in possesion of any sekrit Hubbard spew.. But I got the impression that you are? - And that you didn't give it to the cult, which I think is highly unlikely. Are you sure they haven't surreptitiously been there and fetched 'em themselves? - Like 20 years ago?

Hmm.. I find the whole story unlikely.. Not like the Mafia of.. Erh 'Church' of Scientology at all. They wouldn't be Q&A'ing like that with you.. (Unless they couldn't find it when they were there to fetch it... Hmm..)

But hey.. We're all interested in the historical stuff.. Do tell! :)

Hello everyone. My name is Jenni. I have been procrastenating posting this because I don't know where to begin.Unfortunately, it might be long for those of you who are kind enough to endure. So here goes.... I am not a scientologist and never have been, but my dad, I suppose might have been. He was heavily involved in Dianentics. I hope its okay that I am on you'lls message board. I am here because I want to do right but my father's memory by seeking asking the people whom he might of unintentional harmed by his involvment. What should I do with the materials I possess.? Here is my story, or better yet my daddy's.
My dad was born in 1927. He served in the Navy and was stationed in San Diego and honorable discharged in 1945. He was President/staff at Hubbard College in Wichita, Kansas unitl the foundations bankruptcy.
I don't mean to side track but in order for you to fully comprehend what I am going to share I must detour. I am number 10 out of 12 children. The only thing I was never allowed to know about Scientology/Dianetics because we are Christians. Ever since I can remember people from Scientology were trying to get ahold of my father. My mom always hung up or was real evasive. If one of my siblings ever mentioned it, mom would say "stay away from it." That's all I ever knew until my mom moved in with me while she was remodeling her home. I answered her phone in April of 2004.
The man on the line was Andy Lenarcic, who said he was a friend of my mother's and father's. I told him the sad news that we had lost my dad 1998 and that mom was not there. He then confessed he was with Scientology and writing the biography of LRH. I knew mom would be mad I didn't hang up but what harm would come if a stranger called to tell me something about my dad. Besides, she would never know. right? Tom was excited and told me they had tried for 20 years for someone not to disconnect. The next thing I know I was agreeing for him to fly down to Houston the next day to met with him and a guy named Tom Vorm.
I dragged my big brother Casey to met with these guys. All four of us go into the restaurant and they whipped out a bunch of documents. They said to us, and I quote. "Your father, Jack Nonmacher, was Ron Hubbard's right hand man." What can you tell us about your dad's involvement with Scientologist and these materials that are missing? I have to say they were completely disappointed at our response: The only thing we knew except "it's not of God, stay away from it." We said it at the same time. It was a laughable moment. I told them we were there so they could tell us.
This is how I came into possession of a copy of Ron Hubbards sworn deposition "In the Matter of My Property and the Foundation" dated May 18, 1952. It was regarding the Grand Larceny charges that Don Percell filed against the foundation. The records are exponged. I have a copy. My favorite two points in the deposition is yes, he tells the courts, my dad, in misunderstanding in interoffice memo, might indeed be in possessions of missing tapes. Secondly, he states he has had to make replacement tapes of the missing lecture tapes. Can I post this deposition with out getting in trouble?
They also gave me copies of documents that my father typed and lectured on February 25, 1952. Have you ever head of Mytosis and the Grim Weeper? Scales of Effort? Running the Boo-Hoo and the Grim Weeper?
They were eager and desperate to met with my mother. Their eyes lite up like candles when I told them my family has 5 storages of crap that we have been storaging since 1976 when we remodelled our homes. My mom is one of those scary hoarders who you see on tv who keep everything. She was more comfortable with having excessive storages that would accommodate a marriage of 40 and 12 children who came with it. I warned them and pleaded with them that they would get know where with her. They said they wouldn't met with her but they lied.
My mom was hostile when she got home. She met with them because two of her children had done so. She was beyond irriated and beligerant that not only is "Hubbard a liar but a pig". "Sarah", I think she said, "was an angel". "They're out of their minds if they think I am going to give them her dress". Sarah and her in the day were friends. Later mom told me dad and her use to double date with the Hubbards.
It wasnt until after my mother passed away in 2005 that that I decided maybe it was time.
I left things alone for awhile till October of 2007 when I went to Cali to visit a friend. I called the Scientology building whatever it is official called in LA. The one behind the Great big huge building for the high achievers or something like that. I told the operator on the phone who I was. It was Saturday night and I asked them if I could come and visit while I was there. A man was to be waiting for me when I got there eager and ready to help me. The first question, and my only at the time was "If Ron Hubbard was his right hand man why isn't his name in any material. I thought if Jack was Hubbards right hand man then my dad must have been his left behind man. He went across his secured area and typed something and found something about him being an auditor. He took me on a tour but I didnt want to stay. He knew I was not interested in speaking anymore because if that was all the records show, then it was time to go. I really liked the man who I met with. He has a good heart just lost. Let's call him "J". When I got back to OKC he had mailed me a great big lecture course. "Milestone One." The note in the package said "Jen, listen to this". He told me to go to the glossary his name would be there. I listned to the first lecture on March 25, 1952 Hubbards mentions my dad. Later in the lecture my dad is speaking with hubbard. The audience was laughing. I stopped listening when the voices on the lecture would say it was my father and it wasnt. other times it would say it was someone else.
Anyway, I laid low for another year until early 2009. I called and spoke to "J" and told him I was ready to go to storage. I didn't have the money to fly back to Houston so they offered not only to fly me down but but wanted to send a team to help. I declined the help but took the flight and hotel accommadation. "J" told me in order for them to book it I need to have a cell number. Worked for me. It was strange because I missed the first flight and decided to take a later one. "J" was calling me before it had time to take off. "Jen, you didn't make your flight?" I thought it was courterous but odd. Stranger yet was the hotel accommodations were within 5 miles of my storages. What of the chances of that. I never told them where it was located and I assure you mom never ever would have. I didn't feel right.
. So you now know my situation, this is what I want to know from you: Is there any material's that Hubbard or Scientologist use that it is in his handwritting? The funny thing is there are three major items that they were hunting for.
1. The first is a book manuscript that was typed off some dictation's tape.
2. Reel to Reel tapes
3. Hadwritten documents from LRH.

They sent me samples of Hubbard's handwriting. Here is the clincher for me. It is not just Hubbard's handwritting but they sent me samples mixed with my Daddy's. Good golly folks. My daddy was an engineer with unmistakable pinminship.

For those who doubt me. I am sure. Here is what I have to back up my store. All correspondes coming from scientology emailed to me.

"J" was in constant communication with me while I was down there and I eagerly reported that indeed I found some "reel to reel" tapes. I realized my blunder and told them they were family stuff. He sent me a box down and wants me to send to him to have it reimaged into a cd at zero cost. He told me they have the equipment in Baker's Field Ca. and it would save me a bundle of money. I politely declined. I found the realic machine that plays them but I am afraid it will hurt it.

So if you found items that they were seeking what would you do with them.
I am asking you because I know my dad and he wouldn't of wanted to have caused so many people to stumple.

There was one thing I remember my dad would tell me. Please forgive me if this sounds demeaning "There are a lot of people who are lost and searching for answers. They want someone to tell them what to do. Becareful who you follow. At the time, as a teenager I thought he meant the popular kid in school who did drugs. He would end his antedote with "I once sat with a group of men where one stood up and said lets start a religion. He did.

You will be happy to know I am done. Thank you letting me share my story. I tried to spare all of you this but it was necessary for my lack of knowledge. I want to thank the few people I sent messages to. I appreciate your responses. I picked you'll because of what you have said and I hope it was the right thing to do. God bless you.

Off to get my kiddos.

Thanks,

Jenni

Well Jenni, first don't worry. As an "old timer" your dad is not likely to have been much involved with harming others in the course of his work with dianetics/scientology. The destructively screwing with people's heads stuff didn't become widespread practice until late in the history of scientology, from the mid-60's onward.

As to the materials you have they are INVALUABLE as historical & scholarly materials for any serious academic studying comparative religions with an interest in the church of scientology. The church would be interested also, however they would be highly likely to distort or destroy any information which would not be to their own credit or purposes.

I therefore strongly recommend that you DO NOT DESTROY this material. NEITHER should you permit the church or its agents to have it as they are quite likely to misuse the material and even seek to destroy some of it.

One person you might wish to contact concerning the possible disposition of this material is James R. Lewis. He is an academic and Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point. He has recently edited a volume of scholarly articles on the subject of scientology to which many scholars of religion contributed. He may well be able to advise you how best to make your father's materials serve the interests of history, understanding, and your father's interest in preserving his work & lifetime pursuits.

Mark A. Baker

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Allright.. Assuming that a wad of interesting historical Hubbard documents exist! - And being in care of Jenni in Oklahoma..

That stuff needs to be scanned, digitized and made into frantic internet traffic, like right now! - Originals hidden safely!

How much are we talking about? - Is it hundreds of pages, or just a few?

And the whole story about the cult's attempts at recovery is interesting too. The e-mail correspondance could be edited into a story all by itself.

So, is anyone in Oklahoma and up to making a meeting? - Just to see what comes of it..

And Jenni.. OSA, the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology's, Office of Special Affairs, or their Gestapo in plain english.. Is reading this board!

Could be that your posts here will prompt them into frantic activity. Which is why multiple copies of the doc's all over the net is important. For your personal safety too!

:yes:

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello Jenni,

I found your story interessting. Like SchwimmelPuckel said it is important to put the material to the public. For your own safety too. The net is there a very good way. Scan and Copy it inside the net. I think if you don't know how to do you can get also help at WWP.
(www.whyweprotest.net) or ask here.

Since February I ask me the same question. I know how you feel.

Stay safe. Go to public.

Sauerländerin

:welcome:

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
Dear Jenni,

The materials you have are INVALUABLE!

Do NOT let the church of Scientology have them!

They will likely destroy anything that would put Hubbard in a bad light and use every information they can extrapolate to damage the reputation of Don Purcell, your father and anybody who was active at the foundation and stayed with Don Purcell.

This letter gives a different outlook at those times: http://www.lermanet.com/cisar/carto/rxxx.htm

Thank you.

refugeeAnonkdg

One person you might wish to contact concerning the possible disposition of this material is James R. Lewis. He is an academic and Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point.

Jenni If you are in possession of scientology related materials and are wanting to preserve them I encourage you to research and consider very carefully any potential recipients.

The James Lewis mentioned above has a rather chequered reputation as a cult apologist and his ability to appropriately deal with your materials may be compromised by that. For example, he had some involvement defending the Aum Shinrikyo after the sarin gas attacks in Japan; here is a Wikipedia reference to that (there are also other on-line references to Lewis' role):

In May 1995, after the sarin attack on the Tokyo subway, American scholars James R. Lewis and J. Gordon Melton flew to Japan to hold a pair of press conferences in which they announced that the chief suspect in the murders, religious group Aum Shinrikyo, couldn't have produced the sarin that the attacks had been committed with. They had determined this, Lewis said, from photos and documents provided by the group.[6]

However, the Japanese police had already discovered at Aum's main compound back in March a sophisticated chemical weapons laboratory that was capable of producing thousands of kilograms a year of the poison.[1] Later investigation showed that Aum not only created the sarin used in the subway attacks, but had committed previous chemical and biological weapons attacks, including a previous attack with sarin that had killed eight and injured 144.[7] [8]

During the Aum Shinrikyo incident Lewis and Melton's bills for travel, lodging and accommodations were paid for by Aum, according to The Washington Post.[9] Lewis openly disclosed that "Aum [...] arranged to provide all expenses [for the trip] ahead of time", but claimed that this was "so that financial considerations would not be attached to our final report".[10]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarin_gas_attack_on_the_Tokyo_subway

A better academic choice for your consideration might be Dr. Stephen A. Kent of the University of Alberta Canada. The Sociology Department there has a very large collection of historical scientology material.

http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/sociology/kent.cfm
http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/~skent/

and here's a list, with links, of some of Kent's writings on scientology matters
http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/~skent/scientology.html

Good luck :)

and thanks again to esmb from a lurking 'refugee' still hanging about ;) please do carry on with the good work

A-non-non-anon

Patron with Honors
Don't give the stuff to James Lewis - Steve Kent is a better choice.

But IMO, the best option is to digitise everything and post it online where it can be evaluated and discussed.

Above all, KEEP IT OUT OF CULT HANDS!!

blownstaffmember

Patron with Honors
Don't give the stuff to James Lewis - Steve Kent is a better choice.

But IMO, the best option is to digitise everything and post it online where it can be evaluated and discussed.

Above all, KEEP IT OUT OF CULT HANDS!!

YES! The best way. PM me if you need any help. Do not let any of the originals out of your possession.

Putting up my hand for the reel-to-reel tapes :D

I recently purchased an old 7" player which was all set up for digital transfer.
Was sent half-a-dozen well storaged tapes from 1960 (hadn't been played since then) and fortunately they worked first time.

Yes please!

--------------------------------------

Stay away from James Lewis.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I thought a while about it and maybe you can give

http://wikileaks.org/

a scanned copy of the material.

wikileaks is great but the docs have to be converted into pdf format. She will need help or instruction on such a cumbersome project.

I will PM her some safe and credible contacts, which she can reach them directly after looking on the internet to verify for herself that they are trusted. She's going to be hit up by alot of people to turn these over to them and some of them are going to be allies of the church who will want them destroyed or removed as threats. I want to help spare her that drama.

I suggest anyone with idea that they contact Jenni by PM with them , noting here that they are doing so. That way CoS/OSA does not know what the suggestions are and that she knows who is who.

Mary McConnell

ps: best wishes, Jenni

looker

Patron Meritorious
wikileaks is great but the docs have to be converted into pdf format. She will need help or instruction on such a cumbersome project.

I will PM her some safe and credible contacts, which she can reach them directly after looking on the internet to verify for herself that they are trusted. She's going to be hit up by alot of people to turn these over to them and some of them are going to be allies of the church who will want them destroyed or removed as threats. I want to help spare her that drama.

I suggest anyone with idea that they contact Jenni by PM with them , noting here that they are doing so. That way CoS/OSA does not know what the suggestions are and that she knows who is who.

Mary McConnell

Good Idea. there are also expenses that a few of us could contribute to. If Jenni has a PayPal account.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Steven Kent would be a good choice, as would Dave Touretzky at Carnegie Melon University (especially since he has a website that's one of the most complete for Scn material and no hesitation to publish.)

Andreas Heldal-Lund would also be a good choice, for the same reason. Obviously the point would be to get *all* the information published as irretrievably as possible; not trickled out by some 'gatekeeper' intent on exploiting it for his own purposes.

Of course, it could all be a hoax, so don't be surprised if you're met with some level of skepticism; We've already had our 'Dorian' :)

Zinj

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Steven Kent would be a good choice, as would Dave Touretzky at Carnegie Melon University (especially since he has a website that's one of the most complete for Scn material and no hesitation to publish.)

Andreas Heldal-Lund would also be a good choice, for the same reason. Obviously the point would be to get *all* the information published as irretrievably as possible; not trickled out by some 'gatekeeper' intent on exploiting it for his own purposes.

Of course, it could all be a hoax, so don't be surprised if you're met with some level of skepticism; We've already had our 'Dorian' :)

Zinj

Yes, I agree. Never the less, I sent her info including Andreas'. Forgot about busy Dave T. He's a good one. Here's a link to his page and how to contact him ( bottom left) http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/

Good Idea. there are also expenses that a few of us could contribute to. If Jenni has a PayPal account.
Good Idea once it's certain to those who are helping her that she is legit. I am not doubtful that she is the daughter Jenni.

Last edited:

Zinj

These individuals may be good choices for potential curation also. Having read Lewis' book "Scientology", I found it to be a good academic treatment of the subject. As a result I have no particular fears about his stewardship of the materials, but neither do I much care who has them provided they are protected, archived, and made readily available for the purposes of serious academic study. :thumbsup:

Given Lewis' contacts with other scholars interested in the subject of scientology as evidenced by the list of contributing scholars to his book, he well may have knowledge and specialist insight as to which scholars & facilities may be best prepared to house such a cache of material relating to Hubbard & early scientology. :yes:

Too many ex's are only interested in "scoring points" off of the church. Stewardship of these materials by such a faction is likely to result in needless damage to the material resulting from a rush to "get the goods on scientology" and a lack of consideration of their historical & academic value.

Mark A. Baker

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron

Mary McConnell

Good way! It is difficult to decide what is Scientology (OSA) or not.

Veda

Sponsor
These individuals may be good choices for potential curation also. Having read Lewis' book "Scientology", I found it to be a good academic treatment of the subject. As a result I have no particular fears about his stewardship of the materials, but neither do I much care who has them provided they are protected, archived, and made readily available for the purposes of serious academic study. :thumbsup:

Given Lewis' contacts with other scholars interested in the subject of scientology as evidenced by the list of contributing scholars to his book, he well may have knowledge and specialist insight as to which scholars & facilities may be best prepared to house such a cache of material relating to Hubbard & early scientology. :yes:

Too many ex's are only interested in "scoring points" off of the church. Stewardship of these materials by such a faction is likely to result in needless damage to the material resulting from a rush to "get the goods on scientology" and a lack of consideration of their historical & academic value.

Mark A. Baker

James R. Lewis?

This Scientology Inc.-sanctioned PR damage control effort for the "wogs"?":

http://www.amazon.com/Scientology-James-R-Lewis/dp/0195331494

"Despite its high profile, little has been published about the Church, its history, theology, and mission. The present volume brings together an international group of scholars on new religious movements..."

Notice the names in the acknowledgements section, which include Rick Moxon, and notice the names that are missing.

The first chapter is by professional for-hire "religious scholar" J. Gordon Melton.

Scientology Inc. has been collecting "religious scholars" for use in their PR, and PR damage control, for a long time.

This is a 2009 effort, possibly hurried along as an attempt to respond to the 'South Park' episode.

"The Xenu myth...."

How to handle the Xenu problem with the "wogs"?