What's new

L Ron Hubbard and Aleistar Crowley - differences ~ similarities

Gib

Crusader
i studied at CLIV orgs

the materials at that level were not so badly buried

only problem there birdie, is hubbard talked so much, and per the church's policy, well,

one could never compare

and hubbard said he did all the research and tested so we didn't have to, we assumed. We took his word for it, it being his research. :confused2:

OK, so I exaggerated a bit to make a point, but I had fun doing it.

exaggerated?

no you didn't

all of ron's lectures are packed with yak

the academy is a minefield of reviews, ethics cycles, word clearing and other dev-t

you must repeatedly read ron's statement "i don't see that democracy has produced anything but high taxes" in KSW and other ideas which i will defend against with my life and an M-14 with full metal jacket and fixed bayonet without comment and maintain personal integrity in silence.

and other posters here give credible account of much worse than i endured and i only lasted 19 months on staff before i would countenance no further abuses

it is worth the study but the study is not made easy

only problem there birdie, is hubbard talked so much, and per the church's policy, well,

one could never compare

and hubbard said he did all the research and tested so we didn't have to, we assumed. We took his word for it, it being his research. :confused2:

no

not the only problem

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Did Aleister Crowley ever move out of his mom's basement?

Yep. Moved all over. Ran through several inheritances and while he had 'em, was claiming that a magickal practitioner should never take money from followers. Then when he ran out of money, he was cooking up fake kidnap schemes and bilking his followers, causing the death of at least one.

Yep. Moved all over. Ran through several inheritances and while he had 'em, was claiming that a magickal practitioner should never take money from followers. Then when he ran out of money, he was cooking up fake kidnap schemes and bilking his followers, causing the death of at least one.
It' too bad he didn't stay in his mom's basement

exaggerated?

no you didn't

all of ron's lectures are packed with yak

the academy is a minefield of reviews, ethics cycles, word clearing and other dev-t

you must repeatedly read ron's statement "i don't see that democracy has produced anything but high taxes" in KSW and other ideas which i will defend against with my life and an M-14 with full metal jacket and fixed bayonet without comment and maintain personal integrity in silence.

and other posters here give credible account of much worse than i endured and i only lasted 19 months on staff before i would countenance no further abuses

it is worth the study but the study is not made easy

Hahahaha... I'm glad to 'hear' you say this! I'm new here and didn't feel brave enough to say "WTF are you talking about?!? Give me an example of a truth that wasn't almost impossible to access!" So I opted for making you right, without totally making myself wrong... I do tend to exaggerate a bit sometimes, like when I said they were both saner at the beginning of their lives than at the end.

Hahahaha... I'm glad to 'hear' you say this! I'm new here and didn't feel brave enough to say "WTF are you talking about?!? Give me an example of a truth that wasn't almost impossible to access!" So I opted for making you right, without totally making myself wrong... I do tend to exaggerate a bit sometimes, like when I said they were both saner at the beginning of their lives than at the end.

much was easy access.

the comm course was the greatest bargain on the planet back in the day

much was easy access.

the comm course was the greatest bargain on the planet back in the day

I've been out of Scientology for almost 30 years now and never got a phone call from any of the orgs until a few years ago when they were going full steam ahead trying to get old Scientologists back in the fold based on the ridiculous idea that some of them might have blown because some SP on the publishing lines or wherever had misplaced a period or something in some of the books. I remembered reading something, I think it might have been 8-8008, where one of the chapters went on and on and on and on endlessly. Apparently a whole bunch of chapters had been smushed all into one chapter and I actually considered buying the 'new' version of a few of my 'old favorites' to compare them.

But before I committed to doing that I pulled them all out from the boxes I had them packed up in and opened them up for the first time since leaving. My head was spinning in a few short minutes, even with the introductory chapters of 'Self Analysis' which I had really loved back in the day. Jesus! He sure could take a simple subject and turn it into a maze of complexities and significances! No way in hell I was gonna plow through all of that just for sake of comparison!

But I agree with you about the comm course.