What's new

L. Ron Hubbard birthday article on Wikipedia

CaptainAhab

March 11th, 2011 is the 100th anniversary of L. Ron Hubbard's birth. To mark this auspicious date, I've completely rewritten Wikipedia's article on LRH - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard. This article gets a huge number of visits - nearly 85,000 in January alone - and it's the #1 search result on Google for "L. Ron Hubbard", higher than even the CofS official L. Ron Hubbard website. The previous version of the article had many problems including poor sourcing, choppy writing and omitting a lot of important detail. The new version is much more comprehensive.

What you think of the new article? Do you have any suggestions for things that need to be changed or improved?

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
March 11th, 2011 is the 100th anniversary of L. Ron Hubbard's birth. To mark this auspicious date, I've completely rewritten Wikipedia's article on LRH - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard. This article gets a huge number of visits - nearly 85,000 in January alone - and it's the #1 search result on Google for "L. Ron Hubbard", higher than even the CofS official L. Ron Hubbard website. The previous version of the article had many problems including poor sourcing, choppy writing and omitting a lot of important detail. The new version is much more comprehensive.

What you think of the new article? Do you have any suggestions for things that need to be changed or improved?

Well, I didn't have time to read every word, but what I did read seemed very comprehensive to me. I love that it's not all church PR .... BS!! I really like it and hope that millions of people read it! Thanks! :thumbsup:

TG1

Angelic Poster
It's certainly ... uh, comprehensive. Meaning it's longer than John F. Kennedy's, George Washington's or Abraham Lincoln's entries.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I love it - well-written and factual.:thumbsup:

Oh - & :welcome: Cap'n A.

Thanks for 'pooning the Great White Wail with your article.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Hey Cap'n - looking to harpoon that white whale? You've done a tiptop job on that article. Nice one, thanks.

AnonKat

Crusader
persistance

I wish I had your Stamina. That is one hell of a job. You cut down the legend of LRH and slain the demonized monster Elron and portayed him as a historical figure who had an impact on human history.

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
Stuporbowl Stunday...

Folks, I just read it in it's entirety at one go. Well, all the body but not all the footnotes and got sidetracked a bit here and there looking things up and checking facts I know firsthand against dates and so forth - but, I never got lost.

So, Cap'n Ahab, nice work. Thanks for putting this in one place in a relatively compact manner digestible at one fell swoop.

I think this threade should be bumpped.

I know its stuporbowl stunday. That might have something to do with it bubbling down so quickly.

And forgive me, all, for the 'Bowl cracking pun, Im just not much of a fan, though I do have a little interest with the "packers"

:thumbsup:

myrklix

Patron with Honors
Great job, Cap'n and welcome, too!
As Wikipedia goes, anyone may register to add any new or edit any existing article. However, since there was a run-in between the Wiki folks and Scn folks, all known Scn IP addresses are now forbidden to edit Wikipedia articles so a better chance your fabulous effort will stand pretty much as-is.

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome CaptainAhab :hattip:

Yes, the CoS will try to get in there and make Hubbard shine like a diamond so you might want to keep an eye on it and notify Wiki if they do.

Very nice job though. Although I didn't have time to read it all, from what I did read I would say that it is accurate, balanced fairly, and well-written. I know you must have spent a lot of time on it. Thank you for your effort. Nice work.

Sekh

Patron with Honors
That's what I call a comprehensive biography of the guy. Great piece of work.
I certainly admire your stamina.:thumbsup:

Well done, Sekh.