L. Ron Hubbard explains the Role of Earth (Space Opera)

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
"He thinks he's one of these beings and this being, let us say, most resembles the Earth animal of a flying crocodile. And here you have this flying crocodile wearing golden horns, which are artificial, and his tail beautifully encased on silk, jumping on a monocycle and going off down this 40 pass highway. I mean it's just, it's just, aww no, you look at this sort of thing and you say "no wonder this guy's just a little bit disoriented". It stretches, it stretches the limits in all directions as to what kind a body can become."

http://www.xenu.net/archive/multimedia.html#crocodile
That's the one!!! I have the little clip. Now meesa wanting the whooole lecture. It's gotta be choc full of ridicularity.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
You know, I've looked up 'galaxy' in my Webster's and it's never pronounced "gal ek' se", with the emphasis on the second syllable, but always "gal' ek se" with the emphasis on the first.

You mean to tell me our space opera expert didn't know how to properly pronounce 'galaxy'? Amazing.

This should give people who believe this drivel some help to realize it's all bullshit!
It's either his Marcabian accent or he is uneducated.

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron
All the universe's merely a space opera,
and all the planets and suns merely players
they have their entrances and exits
and one planet in its time plays many parts

yada, yada, yada

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's either his Marcabian accent or he is uneducated.

Regional accents were more pronounced in Hubbard's youth in the absence of mass media. While I bow to no one in my contempt for the man, I heard enough generational differences in pronunciation in my youth to possibly chalk it up to that, as well.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's the one!!! I have the little clip. Now meesa wanting the whooole lecture. It's gotta be choc full of ridicularity.

"He thinks he's one of these beings and this being, let us say, most resembles the Earth animal of a flying crocodile. And here you have this flying crocodile wearing golden horns, which are artificial, and his tail beautifully encased on silk, jumping on a monocycle and going off down this 40 pass highway. I mean it's just, it's just, aww no, you look at this sort of thing and you say "no wonder this guy's just a little bit disoriented". It stretches, it stretches the limits in all directions as to what kind a body can become."

http://www.xenu.net/archive/multimedia.html#crocodile

Hole.

Eeeeee.

Shit.

Every time I think I've got a handle on Hubtard's delusions, someone springs something like this on me. No wonder it takes people so long to recover. :omg:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can see chumps on the OT levels buying this nonsense after a decade or two of brainwashing, but the people attending this lecture were just introduced to Scientology within a year or two.

Even if you give him a pass of the cheesy science fiction Martian mythology, his grasp of science is that of a child.

That's because he flunked out of the only adult science classes he attended at Georgetown.

He was never a hard SF writer for Campbell, his expertise was in getting a barely publishable story on a day's notice to fill a hole the day before Astounding went to the printers. He was amazingly good at that, and amazingly bad at most other intellectual endeavors.

Hubbard's inability to pronounce many words correctly has been a source of amusement and annoyance to me over the years...... These sorts of things make these guys look like total imbeciles. Oh wait, they are total imbeciles.
I hope you aren't including his pronunciation of dinosaurs in the mix - din eh sores ( din as in dinner)

I guess that comes from living on the cutting edge of society, such as his HCOB reporting LSD is found in sugar cubes....

Mimsey

AnonKat

Crusader
Wham Bang thank you Mam

[video=youtube;K74hnnCQkuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K74hnnCQkuk[/video]