What's new

L. Ron Hubbard explains the Role of Earth (Space Opera)

AnonKat

Crusader
Click on Link

http://rutube.ru/video/42a32f8e6c5e9fc007d7b32bac197a57/?bmstart=0

640px-Flag_of_Marcabian_Fleet.png

Last edited:

Queenmab321

Patron Meritorious
So, these crazy, obviously nutty lectures, are they part of the Hubbard materials scilons purchase and listen to today? or have they been purged out?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
So, these crazy, obviously nutty lectures, are they part of the Hubbard materials scilons purchase and listen to today? or have they been purged out?
There has been a progressive attept to purge bits and pieces. Each of the new releases of the CDs is slightly less like a bad science fiction.

As I understand it, when they release the new versions of the basics every now and then, and you are supposed to hand in the old ones for destruction.

Most of the outrageous stuff is removed from the CDs but they can't remove it all, because people familiar with the material would notice and go PTS.

Gib

Crusader
There has been a progressive attept to purge bits and pieces. Each of the new releases of the CDs is slightly less like a bad science fiction.

As I understand it, when they release the new versions of the basics every now and then, and you are supposed to hand in the old ones for destruction.

Most of the outrageous stuff is removed from the CDs but they can't remove it all, because people familiar with the material would notice and go PTS.

Yes, it's called gradients. Everybody would notice if Drastic changes occurred.

Even Hubbard did that. LOL

Queenmab321

Patron Meritorious

Eerily similar to Orwell's Ministry of Truth in 1984.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Queenmab321

Patron Meritorious

What fascinates me is the psychology of the those within COS who grasp the need to remove exceptionally embarrassing Hubbard materials, as well as the need to remove them discretely, but who are not themselves embarrassed or "caved in" by it. What does that rationalization sound like? How pathetic it must be!

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
This lecture has not been released on CD and is only transcribed in the R&D Volumes. It used to be available on reel-to-reel back in the day but was never put into cassette form either (at least not that I know of). The reason I was told that this lecture (and certain others) were not ever going to be put out on CD is because the quality of the original recording was so bad that it couldn't be made good enough for release to the broad public. But this rutube version is perfectly understandable, so clearly someone was lying.

It's not that the material is "too wild" for Scientologists, as there are plenty of other lectures that cover some of this material and other whole track data which are out on CD. This lecture is also written in on the new Materials Guide Chart so it's very existence and content are not being suppressed. And all of the part of the lecture here that I heard in this rutube recording is perfectly transcribed in the R&D Volumes, so it's not that someone is selectively removing whole track LRH data from the lecture line.

Which leaves me with a mystery as to why this lecture is not out on CD. I have no answer to that. But I know that the data above is absolutely true from my own experience with this particular lecture, which I've known about since the 1990s.

Please note that I am aware of the fact that certain data has been edited out of lectures and that not all lectures on CD are the fully 100% original versions. I know a reference to Black Dianetics was removed from one of the PDCs for example. I don't have personal knowledge of what else was removed from other lectures but I heard there were other edits made. But I don't think the decision to remove or edit information hinges on whether it's "whole track" data or not. Someone is making these decisions based on some other criteria.

Please note that I am aware of the fact that certain data has been edited out of lectures and that not all lectures on CD are the fully 100% original versions. I know a reference to Black Dianetics was removed from one of the PDCs for example. I don't have personal knowledge of what else was removed from other lectures but I heard there were other edits made. But I don't think the decision to remove or edit information hinges on whether it's "whole track" data or not. Someone is making these decisions based on some other criteria.

A good example is the tape "A Briefing for Review Auditors" (or given to review auditors) There are two versions of this lecture - the original version was on the Briefing course - in the R-6 section ( this was before the date order checksheets were released) It was (afik) also a part of the class VII course. That course taught review actions, power and power plus. The edited out portion has Ron talking about power, and how he was running power solo and running up and down the track. The edited version was on class 3 or 4 as I recall.

The other classic examples are the word clearing tapes - they chopped a lot of R6 and goals stuff out of them; and the LRH auditing demo tapes - He would evaluate, double ack, and all sort of no nos and they cut them all out so the student would have an example of a session quality himself couldn't achieve.
:clap:

Mimsey

This batshit crazy lecture is from 1952.

Every now and then one of the oldtimers in the freezone will claim Scientology wasn't always a con game and there was actually something legitimate about Scientology in the old days.

How much 'older' in the 'old days'do you have to go beyond 1952 to find something legitimate about Scientology?

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
This lecture has not been released on CD and is only transcribed in the R&D Volumes. It used to be available on reel-to-reel back in the day but was never put into cassette form either (at least not that I know of). The reason I was told that this lecture (and certain others) were not ever going to be put out on CD is because the quality of the original recording was so bad that it couldn't be made good enough for release to the broad public.
This lecture was released around 1981 in a box of a dozen or so cassettes (two short series from 1952) under the title "OT Lectures." Shorty after, they were "recalled" and pulled off the shelves. The shore story was the sound quality was not up to standards. But I thought they were just fine at the time.

Most all of those lectures from that box were released as CDs over the years, but not this one. It's a pretty interesting and entertaining lecture. Many, many wild claims, that's for sure.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is another thing I have been looking for which I think is on the PDCs but is very odd. It is a line about an alligator with a long sash riding a unicycle down an 8 lane highway. I think a lot of the more outlandish stuff is being weeded out. If anyone knows which lecture it is in btw please let me know.

This lecture was released around 1981 in a box of a dozen or so cassettes (two short series from 1952) under the title "OT Lectures." Shorty after, they were "recalled" and pulled off the shelves. The shore story was the sound quality was not up to standards. But I thought they were just fine at the time.

Most all of those lectures from that box were released as CDs over the years, but not this one. It's a pretty interesting and entertaining lecture. Many, many wild claims, that's for sure.
I wouldn't exactly use interesting and entertaining to describe that clip.

I'd describe listening to an insane man babbling incoherently more along the lines of sad.

He tries discussing planets and gravity, yet doesn't even have the slightest clue of why Earth is able to maintain an atmosphere, just a flimflamming simpleton rambling nonsense, but what's even sadder is the idiots in the audience actually paid to listen to this and believed what he was saying.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
This lecture has not been released on CD and is only transcribed in the R&D Volumes. It used to be available on reel-to-reel back in the day but was never put into cassette form either (at least not that I know of). The reason I was told that this lecture (and certain others) were not ever going to be put out on CD is because the quality of the original recording was so bad that it couldn't be made good enough for release to the broad public. But this rutube version is perfectly understandable, so clearly someone was lying.

It's not that the material is "too wild" for Scientologists, as there are plenty of other lectures that cover some of this material and other whole track data which are out on CD. This lecture is also written in on the new Materials Guide Chart so it's very existence and content are not being suppressed. And all of the part of the lecture here that I heard in this rutube recording is perfectly transcribed in the R&D Volumes, so it's not that someone is selectively removing whole track LRH data from the lecture line.

Which leaves me with a mystery as to why this lecture is not out on CD. I have no answer to that. But I know that the data above is absolutely true from my own experience with this particular lecture, which I've known about since the 1990s.

I believe you, but are you sure you're not missing something?

I've heard a lot of Laffy's space opera rambling, too, but I tell ya, this one is right out there. Hubbard doing goofy voices for when the Martians speak when they capture the high-volume thetan space officer? I can easily see why someone who was trying to play down the wacky factor would choose to stifle this one.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I wouldn't exactly use interesting and entertaining to describe that clip.

I'd describe listening to an insane man babbling incoherently more along the lines of sad.

He tries discussing planets and gravity, yet doesn't even have the slightest clue of why Earth is able to maintain an atmosphere, just a flimflamming simpleton rambling nonsense, but what's even sadder is the idiots in the audience actually paid to listen to this and believed what he was saying.

That's the fascination. The fact that a science fiction writer could sell this as fact to people without the slightest bit of evidence but his word. And people would eat it up and pay fortunes for it?

Doesn't exactly give you much faith in people's bullshit filters, I tell ya.

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
There is another thing I have been looking for which I think is on the PDCs but is very odd. It is a line about an alligator with a long sash riding a unicycle down an 8 lane highway. I think a lot of the more outlandish stuff is being weeded out. If anyone knows which lecture it is in btw please let me know.

"He thinks he's one of these beings and this being, let us say, most resembles the Earth animal of a flying crocodile. And here you have this flying crocodile wearing golden horns, which are artificial, and his tail beautifully encased on silk, jumping on a monocycle and going off down this 40 pass highway. I mean it's just, it's just, aww no, you look at this sort of thing and you say "no wonder this guy's just a little bit disoriented". It stretches, it stretches the limits in all directions as to what kind a body can become."

http://www.xenu.net/archive/multimedia.html#crocodile

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
"He thinks he's one of these beings and this being, let us say, most resembles the Earth animal of a flying crocodile. And here you have this flying crocodile wearing golden horns, which are artificial, and his tail beautifully encased on silk, jumping on a monocycle and going off down this 40 pass highway. I mean it's just, it's just, aww no, you look at this sort of thing and you say "no wonder this guy's just a little bit disoriented". It stretches, it stretches the limits in all directions as to what kind a body can become."

http://www.xenu.net/archive/multimedia.html#crocodile

I'll bet it never occurred to you that Hub was telling the truth about that! And he was just relating his sighting of a guy going to a Hollywood costume party!

Drop some pinks and grays, see something like that, and see how you tell your mates about it!

That's the fascination. The fact that a science fiction writer could sell this as fact to people without the slightest bit of evidence but his word. And people would eat it up and pay fortunes for it?

Doesn't exactly give you much faith in people's bullshit filters, I tell ya.

I can see chumps on the OT levels buying this nonsense after a decade or two of brainwashing, but the people attending this lecture were just introduced to Scientology within a year or two.

Even if you give him a pass of the cheesy science fiction Martian mythology, his grasp of science is that of a child.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I can see chumps on the OT levels buying this nonsense after a decade or two of brainwashing, but the people attending this lecture were just introduced to Scientology within a year or two.

That's an interesting point, CNC.

But, you have to consider that the dupes back in those days mostly hadn't read any 'science fiction'. It was still a very esoteric undertaking.

I like to point out the stark contrast to crowd-shots of people at television shows in the fifties, and the same chairs a couple of decades later. In the first, EVERYONE is wearing a virtual uniform! clean shaven, short hair, suit and tie for the men, the EXACT haircut and skirt length for the women. And they were sitting politely in their seats, clapping like everyone else around them.

Take a look at the late 60's and early 70's, and something was obviously happening! The uniformed crowds had morphed into long haired, brightly coloredly dressed, , rowdy crowds, jumping out of their seats, screaming at the camera.

It was probably drugs. What's a cult leader to do?