What's new

L. Ron Hubbard had "Combat Fatigue" ?

Not always true, he did life the family life up to a point. But it became different when his children devellopped minds of their own

Family life? Give me a link to a single reference Hubbard makes about what he thought of his parents, other than he didn't missed them when they died.

As far as his family life as an adult, finding woman he could con into taking care of his sorry ass and then abandoning them and the children he fathered is not exactly what I can "family life"

Hubbard was all about Hubbard and nobody else.

AnonKat

Crusader
Family life? Give me a link to a single reference Hubbard makes about what he thought of his parents, other than he didn't missed them when they died.

As far as his family life as an adult, finding woman he could con into taking care of his sorry ass and then abandoning them and the children he fathered is not exactly what I can "family life"

Hubbard was all about Hubbard and nobody else.

He never talks about them. As I read the material he failed to live up to their expectations.

He did became a naval officer like his father albeit not a good one

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Apologist

Anonkat, ever the Apologist.
*He was not insane, we was just mis-understood.
Combat fatigue does not excuse Hubbard grandeous claims or fabricating qualifactions about being a nuclear scientist.
Ditto on forgetting about being married and caring for his children.

AnonKat

Crusader
Anonkat, ever the Apologist.
*He was not insane, we was just mis-understood.
Combat fatigue does not excuse Hubbard grandeous claims or fabricating qualifactions about being a nuclear scientist.
Ditto on forgetting about being married and caring for his children.

Knive me down will you my friend lol.

I was never looking for Exuses, just following a path of inqeury to see where it leads me.

I bath in the light of your ever expanding wisdom Oh Great one

Lohan our leader !

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Oh come on, lesbian girls getting shock treatment, forced to wear dresses and stuff. Everybody paranoid that the neighbour could be a commi.

And Hubbard was not the onley one in that Time to regard Homosexuality as an illness, to see blacks as inferior, to see asians as inferior. The Brittish actally shared alot of their ideas with the Nazi's when it came to race as did most of the western countries. For Example: Besides being a great war-hero churchill was a racist and a sexist.

Wow quite a tripish mixture of small fact and roaming drivel.

You don't know much about psychiatry in the 1940's obviously. maybe if you actually read more about it and stopped assuming you know based on some sensationalistic pieces you might actually get a clue. Psychiatry and psychiatrists in the 1940's were a developing field - there were many many doctors who did not use electro shock, nor did they use "conditioning" - you did know that? hmm.

Instead of trying to sound like you know what you are talking about - maybe you should go off and talk about subject you actually have some data and facts about.

Veda

Sponsor
"By 1948, through my own processing, and the use of principles I had isolated up to that time, was able to pass 100% combat physical..." :p

From Hubbard's 1946/1947 self-hypnosis writings.

As read into the court record by Gerry Armstrong at Armstrong vs Church of Scientology:

"You stomach trouble you used as an excuse to keep the Navy from punishing you. You are free of the Navy. You have no further reason for a weak stomach...

"Your ulcers are well and never bother you. You can eat anything. Your hip is a pose. You have a sound hip and it never hurts.

"Your foot was an alibi. The injury is no longer needed. It is well. You have perfect and lovely feet...

"When you tell people you are ill, it has no effect on your health. And in Veterans Administration examinations you will tell them how sick you are. You'll look sick when you take it. You'll return to health one hour after the examination and laugh at them.

"No matter what lies you tell others, they have no physical effect on you. You never injure your health by saying it is bad. You cannot lie to yourself...

"That my eyes (that I used as an excuse to get out of school) are perfect and do not pain me ever..."

NCSP

Patron Meritorious
He never talks about them. As I read the material he failed to live up to their expectations.

He did became a naval officer like his father albeit not a good one

IIRC, there's something in one of the books -- Corydon or Miller -- about LRH's father visiting the Apollo toward the end of the Sea Org period. Don't recall much beyond that, except that I wondered wtf must he have thought about it all.

AnonKat

Crusader
Wow quite a tripish mixture of small fact and roaming drivel.

You don't know much about psychiatry in the 1940's obviously. maybe if you actually read more about it and stopped assuming you know based on some sensationalistic pieces you might actually get a clue. Psychiatry and psychiatrists in the 1940's were a developing field - there were many many doctors who did not use electro shock, nor did they use "conditioning" - you did know that? hmm.

Instead of trying to sound like you know what you are talking about - maybe you should go off and talk about subject you actually have some data and facts about.

http://www.questia.com/library/book...the-politics-of-diagnosis-by-ronald-bayer.jsp

Jump

Operating teatime
Wow... this explains a lot : lying, deception, using ARC to control others, fraud,

In a different thread, it was asked why Hubbard claimed a small Veteran's pension - it was a personal challenge to fool the system.

"By 1948, through my own processing, and the use of principles I had isolated up to that time, was able to pass 100% combat physical..." :p

From Hubbard's 1946/1947 self-hypnosis writings.

As read into the court record by Gerry Armstrong at Armstrong vs Church of Scientology:

"You stomach trouble you used as an excuse to keep the Navy from punishing you. You are free of the Navy. You have no further reason for a weak stomach...

"Your ulcers are well and never bother you. You can eat anything. Your hip is a pose. You have a sound hip and it never hurts.

"Your foot was an alibi. The injury is no longer needed. It is well. You have perfect and lovely feet...

"When you tell people you are ill, it has no effect on your health. And in Veterans Administration examinations you will tell them how sick you are. You'll look sick when you take it. You'll return to health one hour after the examination and laugh at them.

"No matter what lies you tell others, they have no physical effect on you. You never injure your health by saying it is bad. You cannot lie to yourself...

"That my eyes (that I used as an excuse to get out of school) are perfect and do not pain me ever..."

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Psychiatry and psychiatrists in the 1940's were a developing field - there were many many doctors who did not use electro shock, nor did they use "conditioning" - you did know that? hmm.

This is an important distinction between psychiatry and Scientology. While the latter has not been updated in 60 years, psychiatry continues to develop and bring new understanding about the workings of the mind.

AnonKat

Crusader
Psychiatry's dead end

This is an important distinction between psychiatry and Scientology. While the latter has not been updated in 60 years, psychiatry continues to develop and bring new understanding about the workings of the mind.

LOL, Psychiatry working from a wrong premiss for 50 years. THIS is the future

Who said you could raise your IQ and stuff......Who was that guy...can you help me ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFbm3jL7CDI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C-oRO6Bxz4

http://www.dalailama.com/news/post/104-how-thinking-can-change-the-brain

How Thinking Can Change the Brain

January 29th 2007
20 Jan 2007 (Sharon Begley, Wall Street Journal) Dalai Lama helps scientists show the power of the mind to sculpt our gray matter.

Although science and religion are often in conflict, the Dalai Lama takes a different approach. Every year or so the head of Tibetan Buddhism invites a group of scientists to his home in Dharamsala, in Northern India, to discuss their work and how Buddhism might contribute to it.

In 2004 the subject was neuroplasticity, the ability of the brain to change its structure and function in response to experience. The following are vignettes adapted from 'Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain,' which describes this emerging area of science:

The Dalai Lama, who had watched a brain operation during a visit to an American medical school over a decade earlier, asked the surgeons a startling question: Can the mind shape brain matter?

Over the years, he said, neuroscientists had explained to him that mental experiences reflect chemical and electrical changes in the brain. When electrical impulses zip through our visual cortex, for instance, we see; when neurochemicals course through the limbic system we feel.

Sekh

Patron with Honors
Combat fatigue? Wasn't one supposed to have seen actual combat for that diagnosis?:whistling: His whole war history is faked, even Tommy Davis admitted so much.
He was in the Navy during WWII, but he never saw combat.

Hubs was a narcissistic sociopath with delusions of grandure, a wild fantasy and some charisma. And he was intelligent enough to fool the system without being caught.:clapping:

Of course he lost it later on, when he started believing his own stories. But that has nothing to do with combat fatigue. He just got tired of living up the expectations he himself created.

When you sell your soul to the Prince of Lies, you must be willing to pay the price.:hotwater: Ron wasn't. he fled in drugs and insanity to avoid facing what it was he ultimately became. He died in absolute terror of reaping what he sowed.

PTSD; Positively Terrified of Satan's Domain. :hide:

Most dabblers in the occult are scared shitless when the time comes to face the forces they tried to unleash upon their opponents. Poetic Justice, one could argue.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
One of Scientology's big claims seems to be that it can cure psychosomatic ailments — and that a lot of ailments are psychosomatic. For instance the CofS website explains the term 'dianetics' as being about the effect of the mind on the body.

There might be this much of a grain of truth in Hubbard's claims to have cured himself of serious health trouble with dianetics. Maybe he talked himself into feeling that he was blind and crippled, or maybe he just played the part, in the later stages of the war. He postulated those states, as solutions to temporary problems. Later he gave them up.

Was this the real origin of dianetics?