l ron Hubbard the Hippy

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Damn! 4 pages of this thread and still no Hoaxie shoop of L Ron Hippie?:bigcry:

lol

Okay, from the time Ron was jammin' with Jimi.

Photo taken during a break at Woodstock when Jimi begged Ron to teach him an insanely cool riff Ron laid down on the Are You Experienced? album they were working on.

Ron refused to show it to Jimi unless he agreed to change back to Ron's original album title: Are you Exterior?

ScreenShot2013-08-03at40148PM_zps4b4bac23.png

Loohan

Am I Mettaya?
lol

Okay, from the time Ron was jammin' with Jimi.

Photo taken during a break at Woodstock when Jimi begged Ron to teach him an insanely cool riff Ron laid down on the Are You Experienced? album they were working on.

Ron refused to show it to Jimi unless he agreed to change back to Ron's original album title: Are you Exterior?

ScreenShot2013-08-03at40148PM_zps4b4bac23.png

You know, i always thought those lyrics made more sense Ron's way.
But first, are you..... EXTERIOR???
Have you ever been EXTERIOR?
Well, I HAVE....

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
You know, i always thought those lyrics made more sense Ron's way.
But first, are you..... EXTERIOR???
Have you ever been EXTERIOR?
Well, I HAVE....

LOL LOL

Ron & Jimi went through several drafts of the title and lyrics before arriving at "ARE YOU EXPERIENCED?"

Example of early (rejected) version that Ron came up with:

ARE YOU FULLY HATTED WITH
A TRACK RECORD OF GETTING PRODUCTS,
UPTRENDING STATS
AND FULLY
IN-ETHICS QUALS?

Jimi rejected it because Hubbard totally failed the whole week at Woodstock when he tried to use it as a pickup line to score hot hippie chicks--and never got laid one time.

There were other possible explanations of why Hubbard-the-Hippie didn't get any chicks to come back to his BlueBird trailer. It is reported that female voices could often be overheard saying such things to Ron as: "Man, I gotta split cuz that acid we dropped is kickin' in and I'm already starting to freak out cuz your teeth, man are like--BUMMER!"​

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
But the English are on to something

"Post-war developments were complicated and not easy for outsiders to grasp fully. Attempts by leading Dutch psychohygienists to run an integrated care system, with social psychiatrists as intermediaries between asylum psychiatry and mental hygienists, had their ups and downs but—while drawing on American as well as British examples—a new ambulant mental health care system saw a particular Dutch form of emphasizing psychotherapy and education and environment in mental health. The creation of the Regional Institutes for Ambulatory Mental Health Care (RIAGGs) saw the social psychiatric approach more or less subordinated to psychotherapy, and proponents of social psychiatry feared that the seriously disturbed would not be properly cared for in the RIAGGs. These criticisms were met and by the mid-1980s the Dutch government had embarked on a programme of “socialization”, forcing the integration at a regional level between RIAGGs, housing projects and institutional psychiatry. In the 1970s and developing from their origins in the 1940s and 1950s, there appeared an increasing number of Institutes for Multidisciplinary Psychotherapy; these in turn had to defend themselves against the newer RIAGGs on the grounds of a feared loss of autonomy and funding. Despite the complications, the striking Dutch example remains: that Dutch psychotherapeutic services have a very distinct history, including a rapid growth in ambulatory services as well as an independent profession. The most recent situation in Holland is in some ways the most interesting. As I understand Hutschemaekers' and Oosterhuis's essay, the RIAGGs have slowly become populated by health professionals rediscovering the merits of a stricter biomedical approach, with psychotherapists quitting the RIAGGs to go into private practice. So Dutch psychotherapists are now losing status, outmanoeuvered by a newly dominant biomedicine, legally answerable to psychologists, outside the RIAGG system and on the defensive. A remarkably unified history may actually be at the point of dividing up, with psychotherapy no longer the “gold standard” it had been from the late 1960s until the mid-1980s. If this is true, then perhaps all the essays here do share one last final common theme: that no contenders in the various approaches to mental illness as professionally conceived—social psychiatric, institutional and asylum based, psychotherapeutic, even psychoanalytic—have a guaranteed presence on the medical stage. Political events, social events, state expenditure and the need for savings, the growth of psychopharmacology, lay involvement followed by lay indifference, war, peace: all play their determining part. And in doing so, they change both the history of words and the history of practices."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC546364/

[/QUOTE]

What does that mean? I can't read it without going crosseyed. I'm an uneducated ex scn'ists. Pardon me.

AnonKat

Crusader
What does that mean? I can't read it without going crosseyed. I'm an uneducated ex scn'ists. Pardon me.

Dutch Psychiatry focussed on rehabilitation and return into socïety of a patient. That is the basis of Social Psychiatry, resocialization by getting people back to work, back to socïety with follow up help. Whereass other Psychiatry models where more heavy on Instutialization and pretty much stopped with the diagnosis and relied heavy on pills and sterilization and other more invasive "treatments"

The father of Dutch Psychiatry:

"Schroeder van der Kolk is regarded as the founder of Dutch psychiatry and neurology. This paper describes his vitalistic views on the relation between body and soul, as formulated by him in a series of lectures. These lectures were intended to counteract the materialistic tendencies of some of Schroeder van der Kolk's French and German contemporaries. It is argued that Schroeder van der Kolk can be regarded as the transition in Holland from the “Naturphilosophie” approach to the modern experimental approach in physiology."

What that all means is that he stood "dioganaly opposed" to the model of Psychiatry that sprouted things as lobotomie and eugenics.

Last edited:

Loohan

Am I Mettaya?
LOL LOL

Ron & Jimi went through several drafts of the title and lyrics before arriving at "ARE YOU EXPERIENCED?"

Man, the SPs have expunged it from the historical record, but Ron TAUGHT JIMI HOW TO PLAY the guitar.
First Ron, with his impeccable TRs, ran him on Reach and Withdraw on the guitar for 50 hours.
After that, it was a breeze to teach Jimi how to play with his teeth and behind his back.
Also he freely shared his mind-expanding pinks and greys with Jimi, and taught him everything about multi-dimensional avant-garde rock 'n roll as practiced in the Galactic Confedaracy.

Of course Jimi did not have the generous and honorable character Ron did:bigcry:and never credited the Source of his success.
But you know our Ron; he just shrugged it off with his What is Greatness attitude.
Ron used to go around anonymously enriching our culture in a multitude of ways, you know.

AnonKat

Crusader
Ron used to go around anonymously enriching our culture in a multitude of ways, you know.

L Ron Hubbard is Anonymous ????

This video is wrong than (look at the end)

[video=youtube;IOS0ohcdsrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOS0ohcdsrA[/video]