ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

L Ron Hubbard's abuses and violence

Discussion in 'L Ron Hubbard' started by Free to shine, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Gah! I see Freets already pulled a quote or two from above, oh well~ :cheers:

2. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

I don't know what DM would have become had Scientology not existed. A street thug or an asthmatic puny, sick kid bullied by his peers. Who knows. All I know is that Miscavige is not a beneficiary of Scientology. His life is not better because of it - in the end. No matter the apparencies, he is not and never will be, living the Life of Reilly. As unlikable as he may be, he is still, himself, a victim of the cult.

3. Veda

Veda Sponsor

It's clear, it's clear! and it's also off topic. This thread is mainly a compilation of doctrine and events. It is not about how we are all fully responsible, etc., etc. :)

4. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

And "victims" of all sorts of abuse have a long history of often perpetrating the same or similar abuse on others! :yes:

When it comes to "ideologies", any "true believer" is a "victim" of the mindset he or she so readily accepts and adopts as the "pattern for understanding all-that-is". But then, when applying the tenets of the faith, with dedication and conviction. they simply become another ABUSER who harms a great many more "victims". The victims often become the abusers. Such is true with Scientology. It is sort of "pyramid pattern".

While each avid Scientology participant IS "a victim" of the Scientology philosophy and tightly-controlled Scientology organization, each is ALSO, to some degree, an ABUSER. Granted some "abuse" more than others.

The OSA staff member or shill obviously causes more abuse through the spreading of lies, manipulation, overwhelming lawsuits, and noisy investigations of innocent people than some friendly org receptionist. The longtime reg or recruiter obviously causes more abuse than the quiet gal who files in CF. The top PR staff do more to abuse through "intentional deception" than an "examiner". The stern Justice Chief who initiates and approves endless suppressive person declares, ordering disconnection or else, obviously effects more harm than a "Data Chief" who collects and compiles statistics for the organization.

But in the end, the "victims" ALL also function as "abusers" to some degree. They ALL contribute to the scam.

This thread seems to concentrate on the "abuses", based on the exact orders, policies and advices of Hubbard, and upon his own consistent nasty behavior over his life. And, THAT IS a valid and interesting area of examination. No matter how these people following Hubbard may also be "victims". :biggrin:

5. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Didn't you say that once already in response to the SAME post of mine? See:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...s-and-violence&p=631935&viewfull=1#post631935

Practicing TR3?????? :confused2:

I didn't SAY IT AGAIN. Synthia+ simply commented on the same post that YOU earlier commented on.

Get into PT! :biggrin:

You are sort of "cleaning a clean". :whistling:

Of course, it is a free discussion board and you can repeat yourself as much as you like (which when it comes to your posts of facts and quotes, I DO LOVE and appreciate greatly)! :happydance:

The idea that the abusers are also "victims" simply involves a "further perspective". It doesn't invalidate any of what is pointed out on this thread, it simply adds "balance" and further "context".

6. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I've said essentially the same thing three times. :)

7. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Okie-dokie.

:deadhorse:

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Under financial abuse - A taste of Hard Sell tech, from another thread:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...cribe-a-world-of-coercion&p=631438&viewfull=1

9. Markus

Markus Silver Meritorious Patron

In my opinion it is not good to force people to be all the time in "present time" - in fact I find it insane. It is so important to look at our history in order to prevent the same mistakes we did again and again. Not to think about and to plan the future is nonsense too.

Love
    Markus

10. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Yes, that is the idea, to pull together stories regarding Hubbard and info that is scattered all over the net and perhaps not as readily available as DM's abuses. It was a long time ago and the number of personal accounts is limited, but I am prepared to research if people are interested.

When I was a scientologist, Hubbard the man didn't mean as much to me as he seemed to for others around me, perhaps because I was young and he was just part of the fabric of life I experienced. My only direct connection with him was when I was a 'guinea pig' PC on some processes he C/Sd and to be honest that was the most profoundly devastating auditing I ever had, with distressing after effects.

When I first started reading stories about him on the net I was shocked that someone with such a history held the lives of so many thousands in the palm of his hand, that he had the ability to make others blind to his darker side and true intentions. As someone mentioned previously it seems that somehow his physical and mental abuse was not seen as such by those around him in those early days, it was just not given great importance because of the enormity of the wonderful humanitarian goals that bound the group around him and the charisma of the man himself.

Those abuses did exist however, and just about anything DM is accused of can also be seen to have already been done by Hubbard. It's an interesting subject.

11. Free to shine

From Tamasin on OCMB http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41348&view=unread#unread

12. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Some more posts from other threads:

To what extent did Hubbard's alcohol and drug consumption, and his amoral "Do What Thou Wilt" personal philosophy, contribute to his abusive tendencies?

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?25258-Whiskyface-Miscavige&p=627989&highlight=vice+kings

Regarding the original Class VIII lectures on the ship:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?6608-Hubbard-on-Xenu-Class-8-course

13. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Hadn't seen this , thanks.

14. Free to shine

From the Comments section on a Village Voice article:
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/12/smersh_scientol.php

15. Free to shine

From http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?25780-FROM-ORIGINS-TO-OFFLOAD&p=643054#post643054

16. Markus

17. onthepes

onthepes Patron with Honors

Thank you Markus. What an amazing lady. I am blown away. She is the sort of lady who the COS label an SP. But her and many others who have that label, are wonderful people. I would like to know her.

18. onthepes

this is amazing. so glad i have seen it . i love the quote on the vid - "the e-meter measures only emotion. it cannot distinguish between reality and fantasy". Can anyone tell me please - why the hell did Scientology die a natural death at the end of this vid. I recall doing Ned. I liked it at the time. I had an assist on Grief. I had all sorts of backtrack pics. I have no fucking idea if they were real or not. I paid for 3 intensives though. Luckily at staff rates. So if I saw a picture from 20000 BC and felt something about that pic the auditor could "run it out". I loved my auditor..but..what a lot of bullshit. I am so pissed right now. LRH you were the biggest asshole that ever walked . I have stored my materials somewhere. I will be living there in a week. I will be burning KSW for starters and keep going from there

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  19. onthepes

After seeing the "Shrinking World of L Ron Hubbard" can somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me why Scientology did not end right there and then . This vid is brilliant and has enough to destroy Scientology . However, it persists. AAAAARGGHH. I would love an answer

20. Markus

Scientology persists because not everybody has seen this vid and of course because Scientologists are trained not to watch "entheta" :duh::angry: