What's new

L Ron Hubbard's horoscope, the Marcabians and Markab

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I found this amusing article on the internet

L Ron Hubbard's horoscope, the Marcabians and Markab

I recently cast a horoscope for the Indian Ocean earthquake/tsunami (using the ZET program), and was looking especially at the fixed stars. I didn't learn much about the earthquake but did learn more about the fixed stars. I also have a book by Elsbeth Ebertin that lists and interprets 73 of the stars, so I made sure that the ZET database included all of them for future reference.

Then, a couple of days ago, the WaPo had a piece on how Scientology had sent 'volunteer ministers' to southern India, Sri Lanka and Indonesia on tsunami relief, and I was reminded of their VMs' behaviour at Ground Zero in 2001. So I started Googling to find the details of that story, and was soon knee-deep in Scientology's secrets. I remembered that at Ground Zero the VMs had tried to prevent other, better-qualified personnel from helping the victims and rescue workers because their belief system told them that the 'psychs' (psychologists, psychiatrists, etc.) are their, and humanity's, greatest enemies. Because Scientology is secretive about why that is, here's an ex-member's (slightly OTT) explanation:

Hubbard taught, and the Church of Scientology believes, that:

1. Psychiatry originated millions of years ago in an evil alien galactic empire, the Marcab Federation. That empire was ruled over by Lord Xenu. See www.xenu.net for more information about that.

2. The planet Earth is a prison planet which is operated and controlled by evil Marcabian psychiatrists who are located on the planet Mars.

3. The evil Marcabian psychiatrists operate a system of Implant Stations which are located on Mars and the planet Venus. Human beings have been implanted and programmed to return to these Implant Stations.upon each body death. Here they are implanted by the evil alien psychiatrists to forget their past life, then they are programmed to return to earth where they will take over a new baby body. The implants are induced by advanced electronics and humans have been implanted countless lifetimes by the evil alien psychiatrists. Once implanted and programmed the being is packaged in ice and is returned to earth by flying saucers and dumped in the pacific ocean. The being has been programmed to find its way to a new body.

4. The evil Marcabian psychiatrists maintain a telepathic control over the evil earthling psychiatrists.

5. The only way to escape this evil psychiatric imprisonment is through L. Ron Hubbard. Dr. Hubbard is Source... he is the one who made these awesome discoveries. He is the one who has worked out the Golden Technology to free Mankind from the evil psychiatrists and this evil cosmic enslavement. Dr. Hubbard's Golden Technology is only available from the Church of Scientology.

So the Marcabians are the bad guys. The name Marcab (with a 'c') reminded me of the 72nd star in Ebertin's book - Markab, aka alpha Pegasi, in astrology a malefic star whose longitude currently is at 23°33' Pisces. However, according to Scientological lore, the star Markab in Pegasus has nothing to do with the planet Marcab or the Marcabian Confederacy - rather, the planet Marcab orbits the star Mizar in the tail of the Big Dipper (Ursa Major).

So I decided to cast L Ron Hubbard's birthchart, as one does. Actually, I doubt it's been done too often before, for I can't find any mention of it on the web. Unlike, say, mentions of GW Bush's horoscope, in which, as most commentators note, his chart's most notable feature may well be the close conjunction (0°27') between his Sun and the great star Sirius.

Guess which star is conjunct LRH's natal Sun? Yup, his Sun is 0°36' from Markab. Thus my suspicion - that Hubbard knew he was literally a Markabian before he revealed to his followers the existence of Marcab and the evil Marcabian Confederacy.

So, would Hubbard have known about his natal Sun-Markab conjunction? I can find no positive proof, but circumstantially it's likely he did know the details of his horoscope. Prior to Scientology, Hubbard had steeped himself in the occult - his intellectual hero, Aleister Crowley, was, among much else, an astrologer. His friend Jack Parsons would surely have learnt the simple calculations necessary - it isn't rocket science. And, according to LRH's son:

"... Also I've got to complete this by saying that he thought of himself as the Beast 666 Incarnate." Interviewer: "The devil?" Ron Jr: "Yes. Aleister Crowley thought of himself as such. And when Crowley died in 1947 my father then decided that he should wear the cloak of the beast; and become the most powerful being in the universe.

All in all, the circumstantial evidence strongly suggests Hubbard would have known his natal horoscope and thus about the Sun-Markab conjunction. If so, it would be somehow typical of Hubbard that, whereas in his cosmology the Marcabians were the evildoers seeking to enslave all humanity, all the time he had secretly known that he was himself a Markabian by birth.

See also: L Ron Hubbard's horoscope

2005.01.31 at 12:36 | Permalink
TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8342f8d5b53ef00d83542ab2869e2

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference L Ron Hubbard's horoscope, the Marcabians and Markab:
Comments
I must ad his son had a grudge against him because from his son's point of view, and lack of imagination and creativity, he thought his father was mad, or crazy, this is a symptom of down-tone persons who cannot agree with good things happening. Holding what his son says, is not directly from LRH, you should make sure that the information you gain on your articles are not based off of biased opinion, that is what a good journalist knows should be done, otherwise, you do have decent to good writing abilities.

Posted by: Stephen | 2007.05.15 at 05:12
I must ad his son had a grudge against him for allegedly trying to abort him causing his premature birth and feeding him bubblegum laced with drugs as well as being a self described satanist and professional conman. L Ron Hubbard was severely mentally ill. If you know a Scientologist find them psychiatric help. References: http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/newsherald-DeWolfe07-82.htm

Posted by: Lord Xemu | 2008.02.18 at 07:09
Ron was also an understudy of satanist crowley, who made him to be the covert leader of the o.t.o. in America. http://www.erikthevermilion.com/astrology.school.htm

Posted by: Erik the Vermilion | 2008.04.30 at 07:39
Ron was also an understudy of satanist crowley, who made him to be the covert leader of the o.t.o. in America.

cayce-case-um

Patron with Honors
Guess which star is conjunct LRH's natal Sun? Yup, his Sun is 0°36' from Markab. Thus my suspicion - that Hubbard knew he was literally a Markabian before he revealed to his followers the existence of Marcab and the evil Marcabian Confederacy.

Hubbard also adopted a lot of stuff from the Navy (which he was in during WW II) -- the Sea Org concept, the paramilitary uniforms, the addressing of men/women as "sir," using military terminology like berthing for housing, command and control organizational structure, and so on.

With that in mind, could it just be coincidence that there was a WW II ship named the USS Markab? (Named after the star.)