What's new

LA event release of the new LRH books

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
A report from Chuck Beatty on ars:

The whole event was a video of the Clearwater event the big event, and the whole event was DM talking about the 18 new books, in sequence, book by book the changes, why the changes and details.

It started about 8:20pm and went till 11pm. Saturday, 14 July, 2007. LA org parking lot, covered in astroturf, normal vinyl curtain fence around the whole block cutting off outside views into the seating area.

Only exit was the LA org driveway leading to LRH Way which had booths of all the PAC orgs setup, and all staff waiting to all hands sell the books to their org's public.

To fast forward to the end, people got shuffled out the LA org driveway, into L. Ron Hubbard Way, with Regs to the left and Regs to the right, and all were hit up to buy either just the books, or the books and CDs of the lectures that accompany the books. People went to their orgs' booths, and dutifully bought the books. (Sort of like Christians being herded to buy the latest version of the bible, not a hard sale to make.)

Once people paid their dough, they got a bag of goodies, latest Grade Chart, and their slip showing they'd paid.

People with bags then could make their way to the ends of LRH Way and to their cars. Most went up hill up LRH Way towards new Kaiser Permenente Parking lot (across Sunset Blvd and a little to the right, now) it's the newly finished Kaiser Permenente hospital parking lot, it's what is used for the parking when the LA org parking lot is used for the event space. THEN when driving out of the Parking structure, Bridge staff with zippy polo shirts marked "Delivery Team" or somesuch, loaded carton by carton each carton holding the full 18 books, etc, into each departing car from the parking structure. In effect, Kaiser Permenente parking structure was Bridge bookstore extension!

Almost 3 hours of DM telling how the books were messed up and how they were messed up.

It was estimated that 2500 attended, so the sales was well over a million bucks, just the LA Orgs namely LAD, LAF, AOLA, ASHOD and ASHOF and CC Int, together, and all the other LA and valley orgs held their own events, at their own orgs.

DMSMH wasn't revised. It was one of the few or only books LRH typed the whole thing, so it wasn't screwed up. All the other books were dictated by LRH, and got screwed up in the transcription and splicing of the transcripts into books.

DMSMH was upgraded by fixing the type font and format changes to make it easier to read. Footnotes that were deemed too extensive, were hacked out. Example was one page in one book, the footnotes were longer than the LRH text on the page, so DM said that had to go, and it went.

Some books with too many helpful definitions footnoted on the bottoms of the pages, had those definitions hacked off the page bottoms.

Only DMSMH and maybe one or two other books were typed by LRH. All other books were dictated onto diskettes or tape.

So that's how the screwups occurred, the sluggards who originally transcribed LRH's diskettes or tapes, messed up. And then the people splicing together the sections of the transcripts messed up in the splicing of the transcripts into books! Paragraphs were transposed, misplaced in wrong chapters, and just a whole slew of mis-splicing. LRH didn't notice it, he read the transcripts, and noted things in the margains of the transcripts, so then the splicers who spliced the transcripts into the books, messed it up.

LRH must have not ever read the final books, and noticed the splicing errors, etc.

DM didn't explain LRH's goof of not proofreading the full final books by reading them, that is just obvious.

So the books are now all fixed back to the original sequence as dictated by LRH onto tape and diskettes.

DM apparantly didn't say during the event that all the old books are to be destroyed. That is the case though. Public asking staff what to do with their old books are told to bring their old books to the D/ FBO MORE of their orgs, and the books will be destroyed.

Donation sets of books for libraries were also sold.

My contact only bought the books, and next day, Sunday, got 4 phone calls, over and over, to buy the tapes.

My contact thought if they wanted to get more tapes plus books package sales, they should have had two different colored giveaway bags, so that people who only bought books minus the lectures, would stand out and could have been pounced on at the event, as my contact thought they were losing sales by not identifying who bought books and tapes!
(Some cannot give up their knee-jerk instincts to correct them to flog their wares even better!) Entrance to this event was tighter, people had to register to get into event, give phone number. There were electronic entry stations, getting everyone's info before letting them in. (Getting those phone number for the next day's flogging for those that hadn't bought all that could be bought.)

All staff on sales, after event. Very hard sale afterwards. But considering these books are in effect almost the Scientology bible, this was an easy sell to these public at this event.

All 18 books were neatly in one carton, and one picked up one's carton from the "Delivery Team" that Bridge had manning the exit lane in the parking structure, loading people's car trunks with their books. Caused a bit of a log jam driving out of the parking structure, as each car had to stop and pick up their carton(s) of books. But my contact thought this was efficient of them.

Event started about Sat 8:20pm, ended around 11pm, Saturday, 14 July, 2007.

My contact thought it NOT as great as was hyped.

There will be New extension courses for each of the books.

And new div 6 courses for each book.

Books are released in the standard 15 or so languages. The video of DM talking was shown on two big screens, one in front of LA org, the other by the services building.

Packed, but not totally full. Some empty seats. My contact estimated 2500 attendence.

This was an easy release sale, all public pretty much were resigned and knew they couldn't dodge not getting their new set of books! Bridge staff might get some libs this coming weekend.

Chuck Beatty
Ex-Sea Org (lifetime staffer, 1975-2003)
Flag Dec 1975-Jun 1983 (TTC, Sup, Word Clearer, D of T, etc.)
Int Base 1983-1984 (Routing Forms Pjt)
Snr HCO Int in the FB in LA 1984-87 Re-Training (Int and LA) 87-88
Int Training Org, LA 88 (Sec Checker Sup)
LRH Tech Research and Comps, CMO Int, (Sept 88-Feb 89)
Int RPF (Feb-Mar 89)
PAC RPF (Mar-May 89)
Int Training Org (May-Sept 89) (Admin Sup)
INCOMM Sep 89-Sept 90 (Routing Forms Pjt)
INCOMM Sept 90-May92 (Computer Room LA & Int)
ASI May 92-Dec95 (Computer Room, In-Training Esto)
Decks Int (Dec 95-Jun 96)
Int RPF (Jun 96-Nov 2000)
PAC RPF (Nov 2000-Mar2003)
Routed out March 29, 2003.
Join XSO and network to old Sea Org friends:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XSO/
Chuckbeatty77 @aol.com
http://www.freewebs.com/chuckbeatty77/
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05205/542899.stm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13716306@N00/
I live in Pittsburgh, anyone feel free to call
me anytime: 412-260-1170

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Besides every other single glaring outpoint about this, where was RTC in all this? Aren't they supposed to preserve the tech and prevent things like this? Haven't they been around long enough to know stuff like this by now. I mean, come on!!! How could this have occured? So why do they keep changing the tech and finding things again and again. Mainly in the same materials. THats the really weird part.

And what about the auditors who read those books on courses. Do they have to retrain? Theres another forkload of cash. Jump right on it guys!!!!

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
DM apparantly didn't say during the event that all the old books are to be destroyed.

Don't forget that this is an edited video of the CW event.

It may be that he said things at the original event that were taken out.

Quite possibly there was negative feedback of how it was received during the original event.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
In addition to having no right to freedom of speech in Scientology, or due process rights, etc. there are also no recognized property rights.

The things that you have purchased in the past should be your own, and the fact that the Church is telling you to destroy your old books and meters - your own property bought and paid for by you - is just beyond anything conceivable here in the US.

If they are going to change these things, and recall all the old things, they should LEASE LRH libraries to Scientologists. That way, you don't actually own what you paid for, and when new, improved versions come out, they invalidate the old versions. And since you just leased the property, and never really owned it, they can have you bring them in and take them away from you.

You could probably have lease constrictions, too. So, when you are declared as a suppressive person for exercising your right to the freedom of speech, which Scientology does not recognize but everybody else does, they can confiscate all your Scientology property because you violated your lease.

You can renew everyone's Scientology Lease, too by making annual payments on it, or something like that.

It could be an extension of your IAS Membership.

The IAS Membership and Lease Agreement!

These guys are really missing the boat here....

Div6

Crusader
In addition to having no right to freedom of speech in Scientology, or due process rights, etc. there are also no recognized property rights.

The things that you have purchased in the past should be your own, and the fact that the Church is telling you to destroy your old books and meters - your own property bought and paid for by you - is just beyond anything conceivable here in the US.

If they are going to change these things, and recall all the old things, they should LEASE LRH libraries to Scientologists. That way, you don't actually own what you paid for, and when new, improved versions come out, they invalidate the old versions. And since you just leased the property, and never really owned it, they can have you bring them in and take them away from you.

You could probably have lease constrictions, too. So, when you are declared as a suppressive person for exercising your right to the freedom of speech, which Scientology does not recognize but everybody else does, they can confiscate all your Scientology property because you violated your lease.

You can renew everyone's Scientology Lease, too by making annual payments on it, or something like that.

It could be an extension of your IAS Membership.

The IAS Membership and Lease Agreement!

These guys are really missing the boat here....

Sure..Microsoft is WAY ahead of these guys as far as abusive End User License Agreements are concerned for software.....

I can see it now .........DIANETICS NT 2007 Edition!
Level 0 2008 Expanded Edition

etc ad nauseum....:duh:

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
Unchanged DMSMH?

Anybody have the new DMSMH book that's claimed by DM "not to have changed as LRH personally typed it in full?"

If you do, can you please see if there's an introduction attributed to LRH that wasn't in the previous edition. If so, this is an introduction that was in a way-early edition of the book that DM could not get any proof as to who it was written by, but himself concluded that "no one else could have written such a concise and clear synopsis of Dianetics, so it must be LRH's."

Would debunk the claim "nothing was changed" and that it has been "verified" as 100% on-source.

What if he finds out in ten years it was actually written by someone else?

Not that he's going to last another ten years.

Victor

Little Bear Victor

What will happen to DM

What do you think will happen with him?

I currently believe he is going to try and keep his interpretation of Scientology going in a rapidly degenerating scene and destroy what is left of it in the bargain. He is the one most successfully destroying the movement, although he won't ever realize it. Gone are management (he busted the lot), gone is broad public interest (thanks to Internet), gone is old-timer trust (thanks to the endless stream of SP declares and the attendant ridiculous declare issues). Remaining are (per my recent estimate) around 1,500 "hardcore" believers who are paying for 90% of Scientology income. IAS membership is 40,000, but the bulk of them aren't that active. (I just realized you could easily verify how many truly active paying Scnists there are by counting up the patron names in any recent Impact mag. Any that go sour are removed from the listing in each new issue.)

So when he comes to the realization the game is lost, he'll do the Responsibilities of Leaders Bulgravia escape. He's got all the money of Scn at his disposal. I have yet to believe in that those Meade Emory etc. IRS connections have any power over or true connection to the wealth of Scn and SO reserves. If they have signed some legal papers to incorporate CST, they were likely paid well by DM to do so and go away. The stuff I read as regards CST being run by Emory are claims I never heard of blip of when at Int for 16 years, never observed one small indicator of, never heard one of the names, never saw one of those non-Scn legal people. Admittedly, it is still possible it was kept so secret that nobody would. To my observation DM is the sole personal beneficiary from that wealth. Besides, he is above CST on the Org board although I believe CST can take over the Trademarks in a corporate sense if that becomes necessary. Then again, if that were to happen you would find DM as the CO CST. He essentially already is, having removed the previous post holder, Russ B. last year. It's just a DM corporate convolution scam to try and ensure he retains the copyrights no matter what happens.

One possible problem is that DM may never give up, due to the fact his entire life, power and wealth is due to Scientology, the Sea Org and his aggressive tactics to control the entire movement. In that case, he'll keep in going no matter how bad it gets and turns into a bitter old man throwing tantrums at his domestic staff, and dies despised "in the ditch" (at some farm house in California) to follow the footsteps of his great mentor all the way.

That is, IMHO, what will happen. Responsibilities of Leaders, one way or the other.:unsure:

Victor

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Victor,

I just want you to know how great it is to have you posting here.

Your information and your viewpoint is fascinating.

Please tell us more.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Anybody have the new DMSMH book that's claimed by DM "not to have changed as LRH personally typed it in full?"

If you do, can you please see if there's an introduction attributed to LRH that wasn't in the previous edition. If so, this is an introduction that was in a way-early edition of the book that DM could not get any proof as to who it was written by, but himself concluded that "no one else could have written such a concise and clear synopsis of Dianetics, so it must be LRH's."

Would debunk the claim "nothing was changed" and that it has been "verified" as 100% on-source.

What if he finds out in ten years it was actually written by someone else?

Not that he's going to last another ten years.

Victor

LBV - there is an 11 page synopsis right at the start of the new edition. It is like an opening chapter and is accredited to LRH by default as there is no other accreditation.

cheers

tanstaafl

Little Bear Victor

LBV - there is an 11 page synopsis right at the start of the new edition. It is like an opening chapter and is accredited to LRH by default as there is no other accreditation.
tanstaafl

Thanks, that's the one. Not in the last edition, yet "nothing was changed."

I guess DM didn't dare to be so bold as to directly put LRH's name under it, so the reader has to assume it is. I didn't see a DMSMH section of the event on YouTube, but I didn't look that carefully -- wonder what he said about the synopsis in the release speech, if anything. Like did he mention the pro-psychiatry footnote that was deleted?

V