ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

LA Premiere: “Inside the Scientology Celebrity Centre: An Ex-Parishioner Reveals All”

Discussion in 'Movies, Plays, and Documentaries about Scientology' started by Smurf, Jan 27, 2014.

1. CO2

CO2 Patron Meritorious

Re: LA Premiere: “Inside the Scientology Celebrity Centre: An Ex-Parishioner Reveals

One of my best friends, since the mid 60s to present day, was married to an actor, who she met at CC. They were both in the Sea Org. They left the Sea Org, when her husband wanted to start the BHP with Milton. This was discussed on the Apollo thread a long time ago. I'm not going to rewrite it. Here is a link:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?10103-The-old-days-Aboard-the-Apollo-1973&p=338530&viewfull=1#post338530

Suffice it to say that Milton didn't disconnect from his friends, who were out (over decades time), as have others not disconnected including an actress / mom of a former scio spokesman.

2. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Re: LA Premiere: “Inside the Scientology Celebrity Centre: An Ex-Parishioner Reveals

:iagree:

3. J. Swift

J. Swift Patron with Honors

4. J. Swift

5. J. Swift

Edit

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  6. J. Swift

Edit

7. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

J. Swift,

Are you planning to copy here everything Google coughs up about Milton Katselas? This is starting to sound personal.

There are other people on this board who were also deeply loyal to Hubbard for decades and deeply in the bosom of the Church of Scientology during the years Katselas was. These people contributed significantly to Scientology's growth and benefited financially, socially, and reputationally from their contributions and closeness to the cult.

The major difference between them and Katselas is that they can still clean up and curate their reputations. But he's dead and can't.

TG1

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  8. J. Swift

TG1, LRH also can't defend himself because he is quite dead and yet... he is still attacked each and every day and so I don't see your point here.

I would have been very happy to let sleeping dogs lie and Milton remain in the past.

However, there is a reason I have for posting documentation that, I hope, will never be needed. This thread is just a place I am parking documentation for others to read.

9. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

One of your posts above, which you deleted, said, “… Katselas was a two-faced liar.” Sounds to me like this is personal for you.

Were you and Karen the "top ex-Scientologists" who were Steven Mango's sources regarding Milton Katselas?

TG1

10. CO2

CO2 Patron Meritorious

In the dump of posts above by J. Swift, here are some odd points, not related to Milton:

I'm not sure how John Travolta and Giovanni Ribisi have ANYTHING to do with Milton getting FSM commissions or getting either into Scientology.

Joanie Prather got JT in. They were in a movie together. Right now I couldn't tell you what.

Vanni's dad, Al, was in the Sea Org before Vanni and his twin sister (David Campbell's son's wife) were even a glisten in their parents' eyes. Al and his first ex wife joined the SO in 1969, if memory serves me.

I have to say, I'm not thrilled with running Milton down either.

The quote about Tom Cruise getting in "after" marrying his first wife is also untrue.

I have personal knowledge/ observations/ experience, not hearsay, about all of the above.

11. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

I took my ten deep breaths before I ventured to add this comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojnDaqaEg3E

and combine it with this one word,

forebearance.

:pillowfight::scnsucks::pixiedust:

12. J. Swift

TG1, you mischaracterized my deleted post. I was asking another poster a question about the implications of their post, thought better of it, and then deleted what was a rhetorical question to someone else. So no, I never said that about MK.

Ever since the legendary MK passed away, there has been a spin going on that MK was never really that much of a Scientologist and that those old rumors that his acting conservatory was, in the distant past eons ago, a "recruiting center" for the Church of Scientology were vastly overstated. MK only ever read a few books and did some basic courses you see....

I could understand why a certain conservatory wanted to distance itself from its past.

However, when Steve Mango made a video exposing how CCI traps young people into the Cult, he mentioned MK and his conservatory in context of the Church and how MK's acting conservatory had been a recruitment tool in the past. There was a "flow line" from said acting conservatory to CCI and MK earned 10% on it. So what?

Mango's comments caused the MK revisionists to engage in unnecessary character assassination of the man. These attacks were far out of proportion to Steve's actual comments.

That is just not right and so yes I got involved. MK is long dead but this young man has his entire lifetime ahead of him.

I chose to defend a very much alive young person by providing historical documentation about the deceased MK in order to rebut the revisionists. That's about it and I hope this matter drops off the radar yesterday.

This all could have been handled behind the scenes with some e-mails or phone calls or less strident criticism online.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  13. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

Utter Rubbish TGI
    No one had any input to Steve's film. Not even Jeff Myers, his husband. No one saw it til it was released.
    This thread would not be happening if Roz Cohn had not gone on a rampage to character assassinate
    Steve Mango.
    Allen Barton (CEO Bevely Hills Playhouse)is threatening to sue Steve Mango for his 2 minute comment on Beverley Hills Playhouse and Milton K. so Jeff and I are making sure all the documentation that may be needed is publicly posted.

After all, the entire documentary is on Celebrity Center and his experiences therein, therefore mentioning the history of Celebrity Center was in context with the theme of the documentary.

If only Roz had gently talked to Steve or Jeff Myers and used good communication to have it tweeked or some such, rather than scathing attack on multiple websites, there would not have been an issue.

But instead it was ATTACK ! ATTACK ATTACK ! I would defend you TGI in a New York minute as I am defending Steve if someone twittered repeatedly on your LIES and maligned you the way Roz Cohn went ballistic on Steve....

http://youtu.be/iIaZkCN5tu0

14. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Thank you for that clarification, Karen. I appreciate that.

That's truly bad news that Steven Mango may be sued by Beverly Hills Playhouse. I sincerely hope that does not happen.

I strongly agree with what J. Swift said above: "... I hope this matter drops off the radar yesterday." I also hope this matter can be resolved by Steven Mango and Allen Barton to their mutual satisfaction.

Given the threat of litigation, I strongly urge everyone here to restrain themselves from making any further comments that might inflame the situation.

TG1

15. The Sloth

The Sloth Patron with Honors

And now another weighs in: http://scientologycelebrity.wordpre...r-the-lard-ass-and-the-petulant-prissy-petit/

Note: extremely rude language at link (NSFW). Sounds like the wheels are coming off the bus, in more ways than one.

16. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Isn't publicly making the allegation that Allen Barton - who, IIRC, cooperated with both Tony Ortega and Lawrence Wright in providing information critical of Scientology Inc. - is threatening to sue, etc. inflaming the situation even further?

Isn't attempting to stifle discussion, now, locking the barn door after the horse has bolted?

I hardly think that others adding comments or information will make the situation any worse.

Let's hope whatever difficulties - if there are real difficulties - are resolved.

17. CO2

CO2 Patron Meritorious

It's funny how "Johnny Come Lately"s like to re edit history.

I was listening to KQED , the NPR outlet in San Francisco, the other day. Some music writers were commenting that San Francisco started attracting daring musicians and songwriters in the 1970s.

It just blew me away that these kids could use words like "psychedelic" in one sentence, and ignore Jefferson Airplane, The Grateful Dead, Haight Ashbury, Bill Graham, the Fillmore, etc. in their next breath.

FWIW, I first met Milton at the AO on Westlake in 1973. We twinned and talked the whole night.

His business and creative partner, in the formation of the BHP, Richard Forbes, was the Host at CC. Richard had an uncle, who was a saloon singer from Hoboken, New Jersey, who had been pretty popular with the bobby socks set. The uncle also had a number one hit single with his daughter, it was something stupid. Richard's widow (long since remarried) is one of my best friends.

Furthermore, a family member, who was a Class Vlll, took acting lessons from Milton in 1982. Within a month or two she was working on Magnum, P.I. She never looked back. But, while taking courses at Milton's, she did meet and befriend a future Congressman from Palm Springs, who did get involved with Scientology. The BHP was always a conduit into Scientology.

If the new management is serious about a lawsuit, they are nuckin' futs. No way could they do anything, but look stupid and vindictive.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  18. Gib

Gib Crusader

LOL, not at you or anybody else.

But to sue somebody, one needs "cause of action" to sue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cause_of_action

Hey Steve and your partner,

you got any money or property? LOL

so they sue you, and then you say "sorry, I won't let it happen again. :laugh:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

19. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Hubbard is "attacked," critiqued, and dissected for good reason.

Excerpts from the 20 June 1984 findings of Judge Breckenridge:

As indicated by its factual findings, the court finds the testimony of Gerald and Joycelyn Armstrong, Laurel Sullivan, Nancy Dincalcis, Edward Walters, Omar Garrison, Kima Douglas, and Howard Schomer to be credible, extremely persuasive... In all critical and important matters their testimony was precise, accurate and rang true...

The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder LRH. The evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar when it comes to his history, background and achievements.

The writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egotism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.

At the same time it appears that he is charismatic and highly capable of motivating, organizing, controlling, manipulating, and inspiring his adherents...

Obviously, he is and was a very complex person, and that complexity is further reflected in his alter-ego, the Church of Scientology...

20. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

http://www.bible.ca/scientology-judges.htm