What's new

Last Sunday

WOW, not only is that a wonderful story, but that's a SHITLOAD of money! Good for your neighbors & friends. :happydance::) Very heartwarming story. And you're dead on about the cult being a money-grubbing corporation. They have no heart; your story confirms that most humans DO have heart. Thanks for sharing!

Not to be an argumentative prick, but that's not really a lot of money. With 1000+ parishioners its really just short of 300 bucks head on average. If that church was smart, it would buy the debt from the creditors for pennies on the dollar and absolve it. A quarter-million-dollars then can be leveraged to clear nearly 2 million in debt. That is the economy of scale that can be leveraged from communal funds.

Also, I work for incredibly wealthy people, so I am biased. I legitimately spend a shitload of their money on a monthly basis and they rarely blink an eye... and its hardly anything when compared to the money they rake in.

Friend

Patron
Another good experience would be good is to visit a Baha'i fireside, an evening when they have a good subject, even you or I. Anybody can run a subject of interests. Anybody can pray any prayer, or use Baha'is prayer book. Any religion is welcome. You can ask any questions, and you can develop your thoughts and spiritual knowledge in your own path. You will get invited for tea, cookies and fruits. Google, and you can find them. Have an e-mail notification sent to you weekly, and see if you like the subject; get the address to a private home. It has helped me to sort out things, and it has given me another view of religion. I can see that Baha'i and Scientology have similarities, but when it comes to ethics; Scientology will loose. It won't work with the Baha'is. If you are a non-member, you can't donate money; it will be refused. When a member donate money, it is up to you how much. You will feel a different freedom.
Let me know if someone has visit a fireside.

Not to be an argumentative prick, but that's not really a lot of money. With 1000+ parishioners its really just short of 300 bucks head on average. If that church was smart, it would buy the debt from the creditors for pennies on the dollar and absolve it. A quarter-million-dollars then can be leveraged to clear nearly 2 million in debt. That is the economy of scale that can be leveraged from communal funds.

Also, I work for incredibly wealthy people, so I am biased. I legitimately spend a shitload of their money on a monthly basis and they rarely blink an eye... and its hardly anything when compared to the money they rake in.

well...

that might be smart however it does not accord with the usual considerations of proper judeochristian conduct...

CoS wouldn't have any problem with producing the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics in this fashion...

Thanks for this wonderful thread, Dean :thumbsup:

it is a wonderful thread

and as much as it on the one hand makes sense for a christian to forego any and all things ron...

it is my contention that there is very, very much in the work of ron and his colleagues of proper and substantial interest to intelligent and concerned people of faith

two in particular:

we are instructed to love our neighbors as we love ourselves and my experience as an auditor has been of exceptional value countless times in doing just that

our society, our people and our nation are suffering substantial and widespread depradation from atheist, materialist and behaviourist forms of psychology and psychiatry. although there is quite a bit of awareness of this in many of our churches, christians are pretty much groping in the dark for response to it and are not infrequently accepting contemporary "authority"

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Cool thread.

As many differences as there are between the COS and a real church, there is a similarity:

In a real church praise, thanks & faith flow upwards to God.

In the COS praise, thanks & money flow up the command channel to God.

Scientology: The only church where scripture contains big league closing techniques.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
snip...
If that church was smart, it would buy the debt from the creditors for pennies on the dollar and absolve it. A quarter-million-dollars then can be leveraged to clear nearly 2 million in debt. That is the economy of scale that can be leveraged from communal funds.
snip....

Interesting. On a similar note, many honest people operate on the notion that if you owe the money, you should pay it back as opposed to settling for say 10 cents on the dollar. I've been involved with Christian churches that give money to those in need. It's a lot harder than you'd think. And, just because the institution that loaned you money was corrupt, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't pay them back.

so anyway that was last sunday

now this sunday...

i am calling on my fellow crisschins on this board to tell me what they think is a good/proper/correct christian attitude and stance toward l ron hubbard...

hmmmmmm...

tell me christians, what do you say to that?

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
good thread. This brings up A&E's reaction to Phil Robertson in the news now for me. It used to be when I was a kid EVERYONE went to church. In fact business was so slow on Sundays that commerce came to a halt on that day, they closed their doors. I don't think we can honestly say the US is a better place now by any measure. There is no longer a unifying thread holding us together. There are still great church communitites, but that spirit that binded us is now gone thanks to the ACLU and misinterpretation of a certain letter Thos Jefferson wrote to a minister in Massachusetts a few centuries ago. (For the record, Jefferson was a deeply religious man and in that letter was cautioning against religious mandates like those in England, enforced by the King. And furthermore he was slimed by a jealous rival in that Sally Hemmings stuff. Modern DNA analysis has confirmed that there may have been Jefferson DNA present, but it almost certainly was not Tom's. More likely a cousin of his, according to the analysis.)

Anyway I got off what I wanted to say. Generosity as in Dean's church cannot be legislated, it comes from the hearts of man. And A&E will pay dearly for what it is trying to do to the Robertsons.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology

You are an argumentative prick.

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Dean, I really like hearing stories like yours. It is nice to know there are pockets of people like you and your family in the world who live in a community where they care about each other. It reminds me that I don't have to look far to find a lot of good in the world.
:heartflower:

now this sunday...

i am calling on my fellow crisschins on this board to tell me what they think is a good/proper/correct christian attitude and stance toward l ron hubbard...

hmmmmmm...

yup...

this sure is a gruesome question innit? especially when posed by someone like me

however...

i am confident at least some of you are aware The Christian Imperative eschews "playing ostrich" when faced with a just challenge...

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron

now this sunday...

hmmmmmm...

As a Christian I am working on forgiveness and to tell you the truth I am having a very difficult time forgiving L Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige. I forgave them both some time ago but then...I changed my mind and unforgave them. What can I say, I'm a sinner and I am still working on stuff.

Scientology is shrinking and has less and less power every year. People are leaving and talking and showing up here and at other anti-Scientology web sites. When I am certain that Scientology has been destroyed or weakened to the point that it will never return to it's days of glory, I will then be more forgiving of L Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige. Until then I feel it is my duty to help others to get out and to inform the public about the truth of Scientology. It is a fraud. It denies God and Jesus and is a trap for people searching for the truth.

Last edited:
ok i will bite. LRH was a con man. crisschins don't condone con men. Well, reall crisschins; televangelists excepted. But as Phil Robertson said, it is fer Gawd to decide.

well you can't prove hubbard was a con man by me as i was never conned by him

i was challenged to examine his work and i did

i bought courses which were delivered as advertised and i received benefit which has continued to be of use for more than forty years

i refer all christians reading here to the ninth of the ten commandments and stae i am not going to bear any false witness against the man and i suggest serious christians hould consider whethr they might be accepting as true false witness against l ron hubbard as true

i also refer christians to his parting address, Mission Earth, which has a strong elegantly understated underlying theme and constitutes ron's confession

the piece is ron's fictionalized autobiography and though it overflows with gross pulp fictio flaws, it is also magnificently deft in it's virtues. begin by understanding he uses as a literary device thre alter egos; heller, gris and penwell...

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
well you can't prove hubbard was a con man by me as i was never conned by him

i was challenged to examine his work and i did

i bought courses which were delivered as advertised and i received benefit which has continued to be of use for more than forty years

i refer all christians reading here to the ninth of the ten commandments and stae i am not going to bear any false witness against the man and i suggest serious christians hould consider whethr they might be accepting as true false witness against l ron hubbard as true

i also refer christians to his parting address, Mission Earth, which has a strong elegantly understated underlying theme and constitutes ron's confession

the piece is ron's fictionalized autobiography and though it overflows with gross pulp fictio flaws, it is also magnificently deft in it's virtues. begin by understanding he uses as a literary device thre alter egos; heller, gris and penwell...

you are hilarious commander. that you feel you were not conned is evidence that you were conned. uh, once i grew up i finally realized that everything he ever wrote was bad. horrible writer with stupid ideas. yes he could plagerize with the best of them, but the last time i tried to read any of his crap he came off as THIS IS THE WAY IT IS, and proceded to muddy the waters so that i couldn't understand it and moreover didn't want to understand it.

i get much more satisfaction reading what the founders of our great nation wrote.