What's new

"Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay rights

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
"Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality, gay rights, LGBT and marriage equality.

Tony Ortega: Laura Prepon lies like a rug on Fusion
http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/12/mo...involvement-and-laura-prepon-lies-like-a-rug/

Excerpts:
Laura Prepon appeared on the nascent Fusion network and engaged in some of the most blatant dishonesty we’ve seen from a celebrity in a long time.
But then Prepon goes on to utter this canard…

“I’ve been a Scientologist since 1999 and I’ve never come across any piece of information that remotely is negative or derogatory in any way towards the LGBT community.”

It’s a shame her interviewer didn’t know even the most basic information about Scientology, because then she might have asked…

Ms. Prepon, how could you be a 15-year member of Scientology and not have read its most basic text — the Bible of Scientology, as it were — L. Ron Hubbard’s 1950 bestseller, Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health? Here’s what Hubbard had to say about “perversion” in that book…
The sexual pervert (and by this term dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in Dynamic II such as homosexuality, lesbianism, sexual sadism, etc. and all down the catalogue of Ellis and Krafft-Ebing) is actually quite ill physically. Perversion as an illness has so many manifestations that it must be spread through the entire gamut of classes from (1) to (5) above. Overdevelopment of sexual organs, underdevelopment, seminal inhibition or magnification, etc. are found in one pervert, some in another. And the sum of it is that the pervert is always a very ill person in one way or another, whether he is conscious of it or not.
Soon after publishing Dianetics, Hubbard then more fully developed something he called the “Tone Scale,” which measures the state of human emotions, with a score of 40 at the top (“Serenity of Beingness”) and -40 at the bottom (“Total Failure”).

He assigned the score of 1.1 to “Covert Hostility,” which included “perversion.” Said Hubbard in his 1951 book Science of Survival, “A 1.1 is the most dangerously insane person in society, and is likely to cause the most damage.”
Any 15-year member of Scientology would be thoroughly familiar with Dianetics, Science of Survival, the Tone Scale, and the notion of gay and lesbian members “handling” their homosexuality through auditing.

Laura Prepon is a liar.
EDITED TO ADD:

In case anyone wants to ask her any questions directly, Laura Prepon's Twitter
@LauraPrepon
https://twitter.com/LauraPrepon

Last edited:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: "Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay ri

I have heard that this stuff has been excised from the latest editions of DMSMH? Anybody have the truth? I'm guessing celebs don't bother/feel it is beneath them to read or listen to most of the massive tape lectures and stuff.

The most damning stuff I heard was in tapes and such. LRH was a mofo when it came to to queerlandia. I knew a kid who was being recruited, who was gay, and transcripts were put down in front of him stating how fucked up he was to be gay... also told it was such a compulsion that if a penis was shown, he would not be able to resist it.

omfg. I've met queers who would do anyone/anything, but I've also met "straights" who also would. I've also met gay people who have been in committed relationships for YEARS and wouldn't dream of cheating (ok, maybe fantasize--ain't that normal?--but would NEVER follow through).

Just one more area where Scio is fucked up on and THEY LIE FOR THE PR REASONS.

I don't know... some of the 'celebs' I met, really did in a weird Scio bubble... who knows what she knows or doesn't.

ETA: When I was "in", I was one of the VERY few people I knew who actually made it through all of DSMH. Seriously, people were AWED that I read the whole thing. Celeb not reading it when most of the staff I knew and lots of SO never read the thing? eh? I can buy it.

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious
Re: "Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay ri

The Underground Bunker is starting to engage in witch hunt. Tony Ortega might want to watch more closely the quality of his free lancers work before publishing. Hopefully this was only a one off of his previous balanced and fair reporting style.

Ok, Laura Prepon said this:

“I’ve been a Scientologist since 1999 and I’ve never come across any piece of information that remotely is negative or derogatory in any way towards the LGBT community.”

How anybody can deduct from Laura Prepons statement that she would be a liar is beyond my sense of logic. Why would I assume immediately that she is lying? What kind of twisted thinking is that? She might as well say the truth and frankly, it seems to me that she is exactly doing that given the fact that celebrities are given the better version.

And then the writer from Underground Bunker goes on to further spin his article by asking hypothetical questions which "might have asked" but haven't. The writer of the article resorts to "fictional" questions, which haven't been asked to Laura Prepon as further "proof" that she would be a liar.

This particular Underground Bunker article is defamatory and trying to make a story out of nothing.

The Underground Bunker is starting to engage in witch hunt. Tony Ortega might want to watch more closely the quality of his free lancers work before publishing. Hopefully this was only a one off of his previous balanced and fair reporting style.

How anybody can deduct from Laura Prepons statement that she would be a liar is beyond my sense of logic. Why would I assume immediately that she is lying? What kind of twisted thinking is that? She might as well say the truth and frankly, it seems to me that she is exactly doing that given the fact that celebrities are given the better version.

And then the writer from Underground Bunker goes on to further spin his article by asking hypothetical questions which "might have asked" but haven't. The writer of the article resorts to "fictional" questions, which haven't been asked to Laura Prepon as further "proof" that she would be a liar.

This particular Underground Bunker article is defamatory and trying to make a story out of nothing.

Your handlings are very weak lately.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher

Well, should she agree with you she can always sue.

Would be lulzy, wouldn't it? :drama:

Lone Star

Crusader

I think it's quite likely that Prepon has never read or heard Hubbard say anything against homosexuals. As Clamicide said very, very few mindfucked Scientologists have even read Dianetics from cover to cover. I did and people, and I'm talking about staff members, marveled that I read the whole thing. (Isn't that a clue that it's a piece of shit when the cultists don't even read it?)

Anyway, it's good to challenge Prepon publicly because it's an opportunity to make it known that not only was Hubbard homophobic, he believed the only way to solve the "problem" they presented to society was to "dispose of them without sorrow".

Of course you Balthasar, being a pro-Hubbard and Scientology apologist, just hate the light of truth and take it upon yourself to attack the light. So you attack Tony O.

OSA wannabe. Or perhaps you are OSA.

Purple Rain

Crusader

If she doesn't know the tone scale, that 1.1, covert hostility, sexual perversion includes homosexuals per Hubbard, then she is NOT a Scientologist. It is not possible to get through basic Scientology without knowing at least this one thing. Liar!!

[video=youtube;awY1MRlMKMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awY1MRlMKMc&feature=kp[/video]

And where is that on the tone scale by the way? That noise you hear after the song is my bullshit detector ringing off the wall.

"Lie, lie, lie, and it gets worse and worse, and all of a sudden the thing blows up. Well, religion has done this. Organised religion tries to control, so therefore must be lying. After a while it figures out (even itself) that it is lying, and then it starts down tone scale further and further, and all of a sudden people get down along this spring-like bottom (heresy) and say, 'Are we going into apathy and die, or are we going to revolt?' and they revolt, because you can only lie to people so long. Unfortunately there is always a new cycle of lying."​

L. Ron Hubbard
Technique 88

It is common knowledge that scientologists look down on gays, and consider them to be DBs in need of handling. I never read dmsmh, and I can't point to any other reference that define's scientology's view of gays, but just being around other scnists for enough time, made the scientology viewpoint quite clear to me. So technically she probably didn't lie when she said, “I’ve been a Scientologist since 1999 and I’ve never come across any piece of information that remotely is negative or derogatory in any way towards the LGBT community.” But I find it VERY improbable that she is ignorant of the general scn disposition towards gays, which is universally negative. In summary, she may not have read anything from the old man about it, but she knows the "churches" viewpoint.

He-man

Hero extraordinary

One of my German friends back in 96 in CLOEU was declared a "Degraded Being" and demoted to estates, for being... gay.

Scientology management in the Sea Org does not like it when the finest organization on the planet tries to be a bit inclusive.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron

Good point.

Maybe she doesn't know that anti LGBT propaganda exists in any of LRH's writing.

And maybe her logic is so impeccable that she herself would never deduce that LRH writings contain anti LGBT propaganda just because she was asked a question like that.

Perhaps there is a pot of gold at the end of those rainbows that she farts.

Rd00

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron

They are not trying to make a story out of nothing. They are trying to continually poke holes at Scientology, delivering "Blows to the enemy" on a daily basis. The homosexuality angle is easy, why not take the easy shots? Why not take as many as possible all the time. It fair game.

You really would have to have your head in the ground to not know that the churches position on homosexuality is that it is an aberration. If you took the PTS SP course or read Diantics you would also know. Or you would simply know by talking to people. This is extremely common knowledge.

As far as the idea that "Celebrities are given the better version" consider this. Hubbard wants celebrities so as to promote to us "regular people." So they need to be better prepared and they are in fact spokes people. They get better treatment so they also have more responsibility.

So in my opinion you should be able to challenge them more so than others and their answers do represent the church.

If the church can say "Look at these wonderful celebrities and how well they are doing with Scientology" then you should have the expectation that these people know a lot about the subject and are a source of information for both the good and the bad.

So yes she was either lying or really really stupid. In either case not a good product of the tech.

CommunicatorIC

I think it's quite likely that Prepon has never read or heard Hubbard say anything against homosexuals. As Clamicide said very, very few mindfucked Scientologists have even read Dianetics from cover to cover.
That may have been true at one time. That is most certainly no longer true.

EVERY SCIENTOLOGIST has to do the Basics.

The Basics include reading Dianetics. Cover to cover.

The Basics include reading Science of Survival. Cover to cover.

The chance that Laura Prepon does not know what Hubbard said about homosexuals is zero.

In addition, anyone who has spent any time in the culture of Scientology -- much less 15 years -- knows that Scientology considers homosexuality to be, at best, an aberration to be audited out.

Lone Star

Crusader

Paul Haggis said he was in Scientology for a few decades and knew nothing about the cult's or Hubbard's views on Homosexuals until he found out the cult supported the defeat of the gay marriage proposal on the ballot in CA. It upset him because he has a lesbian daughter.

Now was he a full time dedicated Scientologist for twenty years? Probably not. Does anyone know how dedicated Prepon is to the cult? Is she very high on the Bridge, or even on it at all? I didn't even know she was a Scilon until about six months ago.

Plus, I'm betting that celebrity Scilons are "protected" from Hubbard's anti-gay stance since most are quite liberal socially and are friends with and work with gays every day. They may remove all references to homosexuality in Science of Survival and other course materials and books for CC "students". I don't know that to be the case at all, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Still, I fully support Tony O's "calling Prepon out" on this issue whether she's truly lying purposefully or not. It exposes the cult more which is always a good thing.

And Balthasar? LOL.... No more needs to be said.

Lone Star

Crusader

That may have been true at one time. That is most certainly no longer true.

EVERY SCIENTOLOGIST has to do the Basics.

The Basics include reading Dianetics. Cover to cover.

The Basics include reading Science of Survival. Cover to cover.

The chance that Laura Prepon does not know what Hubbard said about homosexuals is zero.

In addition, anyone who has spent any time in the culture of Scientology -- much less 15 years -- knows that Scientology considers homosexuality to be, at best, an aberration to be audited out.

Does anyone know if the new Dianetics and SoS has the references on homosexuality and it's "covert hostility"?. I threw all of mine away so I can't look it up. I'm betting it was all scrubbed.

I do know that here locally two lesbians, a couple, are fully on course and are in good standing. One was a former staff member. She divorced her hubby and "went gay". But wasn't fired from staff over it. Her five years were just up. She's not considered to be "illegal" or an "ethics particle".

So the cult is clearly trying to spin it's PR image on the homosexual issue. Prepon is doing her part. Whether she's knowingly deceiving or being used out of ignorance I just don't know. I don't really care either way. I'm just glad it's getting attention. If it puts some egg on her face and hinders her career......tough shit. Quit the cult baby!! Leah is there for you.

CommunicatorIC

Paul Haggis said he was in Scientology for a few decades and knew nothing about the cult's or Hubbard's views on Homosexuals until he found out the cult supported the defeat of the gay marriage proposal on the ballot in CA. It upset him because he has a lesbian daughter.

Now was he a full time dedicated Scientologist for twenty years? Probably not. Does anyone know how dedicated Prepon is to the cult? Is she very high on the Bridge, or even on it at all? I didn't even know she was a Scilon until about six months ago.

Plus, I'm betting that celebrity Scilons are "protected" from Hubbard's anti-gay stance since most are quite liberal socially and are friends with and work with gays every day.
The Basics were released in 2007, and Haggis left the COS in 2009. Thus, it seems possible that he didn't know until the COS supported Proposition 8 in California.

It is now 2014. Every Scientologist has to do the Basics. They have been pounded on it for seven years. The first book on the Basics line-up is Dianetics, and the requirement to read it cover to cover. Also early in the line-up is Science of Survival, which again must be read cover to cover.

The more interesting question may be this. Assuming she didn't know before, she certainly knows now. She can't be unaware of the story.

So the question is: What is she going to do now?

Jump

Operating teatime

The Basics were released in 2007, and Haggis left the COS in 2009. Thus, it seems possible that he didn't know until the COS supported Proposition 8 in California.

It is now 2014. Every Scientologist has to do the Basics. They have been pounded on it for seven years. The first book on the Basics line-up is Dianetics, and the requirement to read it cover to cover. Also early in the line-up is Science of Survival, which again must be read cover to cover.

The more interesting question may be this. Assuming she didn't know before, she certainly knows now. She can't be unaware of the story.

So the question is: What is she going to do now?

My money is on 'apply standard tech and keep lying'.

:drama:

CommunicatorIC

Scientology: Laura Prepon's lying blatantly about the homophobia of the sect

The story has hit Germany.

ShortNews.de: http://www.shortnews.de/id/1094379/...gt-unverhohlen-ueber-die-homophobie-der-sekte

Google translation from German to English:

Scientology: Laura Prepon's lying blatantly about the homophobia of the sect.

U.S. actress Laura Prepon, known from the series "Orange Is The New Black" and confessing cult member, puts an obvious hypocrisy of the well-known homophobia of the sect of the day in an interview.

"I'm in Scientology since 1999 and have never encountered negative or derogatory about the LGBT community," said Laura Prepon.

However, cult founder L. Ron Hubbard wrote exactly thereof in his books: Sexual perversions such as homosexuality are diseases. Scientology sees gays and lesbians as mentally ill people, which cause great damage to society.