What's new

Lawrence Wright to be on Anderson Cooper 360 (Tonight @ 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. EST Time)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
At some point during the Anderson Cooper 360 show Lawrence Wright will be on. I'm sure that both of them are looking forward to it. :biggrin:

Anderson Cooper did a great series on the Co$ several years ago which you can view here:

(for Part One - click on the link, the Video below is at least part of Part II, I couldn't find it on the CNN site)

Scientology: A history of violence – Part One

CNN Anderson Cooper 360: Church of Scientology: A History of Violence Part Two

After this series the CoS launched it's typical attack on the messenger, Anderson Cooper in this case.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/13/scientologists-vs-anderso_n_644653.html

I may have missed some of the links to additional parts but you can search on YouTube under "Scientology: a history of violence anderson cooper"

Anyways, tonight show starts in just under 2 hours (8 pm EST time) and than repeated again at 10 p.m. EST time.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Lawrence Wright to be on Anderson Cooper 360 (Tonight @ 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. EST Ti

Anderson is on right now - talking about the 3 shootings in Texas - and that is sad.

I think it is ironic though that thousands of peoples lives have been destroyed - death, suicide, bankrupcy, disconnection - because of the Cult of Scientology and they put this first - just a bit ironic that the criminal organization called the Cult of Scientology is even still around.

Death to the cult in 2013 - may it go down and may David Miscavige go to jail for the rest of his pathetic life for the harm this evil cult and he has done to it's members! Lies and deceit are the trademark of Scientology! They should patent that!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: Lawrence Wright to be on Anderson Cooper 360 (Tonight @ 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. EST Ti

Anderson is on right now - talking about the 3 shootings in Texas - and that is sad.

Anderson's show is live and sometimes when they get breaking news they'll change things around, which is what happened tonight. Lawrence Wright got bumped until tomorrow night.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Anderson's show is live and sometimes when they get breaking news they'll change things around, which is what happened tonight. Lawrence Wright got bumped until tomorrow night.

Evidently, Lawrence appeared on AC's daytime talk show today (co-hosted by Judge Marilyn Millian of "the People's Court'), but I didn't see it.

Listen to 2nd video at 7:31.. "next we meet the author..."

http://www.allthingsandersoncooper.com/2013/01/anderson-live-tuesday-january-22-2013.html

Is Lawerence coming to LA for a book signing? Mimsey

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Evidently, Lawrence appeared on AC's daytime talk show today (co-hosted by Judge Marilyn Millian of "the People's Court'), but I didn't see it.

Listen to 2nd video at 7:31.. "next we meet the author..."

http://www.allthingsandersoncooper.com/2013/01/anderson-live-tuesday-january-22-2013.html

Thanks. My sister called and told me that she saw it and said she was very surprised at Judge Milian's comments, that it was brave of her, knowing how Scientology harasses and threatens to sue people.

Will go take a look now. Thanks

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Thanks. My sister called and told me that she saw it and said she was very surprised at Judge Milian's comments, that it was brave of her, knowing how Scientology harasses and threatens to sue people.

Will go take a look now. Thanks

I didn't hear her say anything, and that blog doesn't seem to have a link for the discussion they had about the book after the break. Can anyone post a link?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Well if your sister told you what Judge Milian said about the cult, I would love to hear it. I don't have a TV, so if it's not on the internet I can't watch it.... Kinda sad to not have a TV during the final collapse sequence.......

AnonyMary

Well if your sister told you what Judge Milian said about the cult, I would love to hear it. I don't have a TV, so if it's not on the internet I can't watch it.... Kinda sad to not have a TV during the final collapse sequence.......

I has just awakened when we spoke this morning, so this is a fuzzy recollection, not even a good paraphrase, but the gist of the conversation. She said the judge said, (regarding the abuses and treatment in the church) something about there being so many people interviewed who said the same things about the situation there, that there just has to be something to it. All these people can't be lying, something like that. And that it's clear that there is a situation going on in the church ( because it's not like just one or two people making these claims).

My sister was surprised because there was something mentioned on the show a bit earlier in the segment about the cult lawsuit threats and harassment, and she felt Judge Milian really did a bold thing, saying that, something she has never heard or seen done on TV by someone so well known and influential, and knowledgeable about the law.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

In an article I've got opened up on my laptop by Hollywood Reporter (published earlier today) it says:

I haven't read it as yet so don't know how good it is...

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

In an article I've got opened up on my laptop by Hollywood Reporter (published earlier today) it says:

I haven't read it as yet so don't know how good it is...

Now I read it. It's a good article, worth reading! :thumbsup:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Anderson Cooper 360 will be on in 25 mins - hopefully the Scientology segment will be on tonight! :)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

The story IS going to be on tonight.....AC just mentioned it in his opening segment! :happydance:

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious

Lawrence Wright will be on NPR tomorrow on Fresh Air with Terry Gross.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

AC did a 10-15 minute segment on Scientology. Started off with a brief review of the previous series done a couple years back (mentioned in the OP). A very brief clip of Marty as well as the Ex-wives was shown. :)

It was mentioned that the CoS was slamming the Lawrence Wright book for inaccuracies, and AC mentioned that the same tactics were used by the CoS against CNN as well during their own investigative series.

Wright mentioned that he spoke to 250 people, to current and former scientologists, and that the CoS wouldn't cooperate whatsoever as far as speaking to certain people, despite that he asked repeatedly. 12 of the people he spoke to told him they were physically assaulted by Miscavige, and 20 witnessed DM physically assaulting others.

The membership figures according to CoS was given as 10 million worldwide and 6 million in the U.S. alone. And Lawrence Wright gave his figure that he came up with, mentioning the American Religious Identification Survey, which showed a recent decline from 55,000 scientologists in the U.S. down to 25,000 I believe, and that membership was hemorrhaging tremendously.

Also mentioned was that it cost around a half-million dollars or more to go through all the levels to the top in Scientology, and that CoS keeps coming back asking for more and more money.

The video clip of Cruise asserting that Scientologists were the only ones who could help at the scene of a car accident was shown as well.
:)

AnonyMary

AC did a 10-15 minute segment on Scientology. Started off with a brief review of the previous series done a couple years back (mentioned in the OP). A very brief clip of Marty as well as the Ex-wives was shown. :)

It was mentioned that the CoS was slamming the Lawrence Wright book for inaccuracies, and AC mentioned that the same tactics were used by the CoS against CNN as well during their own investigative series.

Wright mentioned that he spoke to 250 people, to current and former scientologists, and that the CoS wouldn't cooperate whatsoever as far as speaking to certain people, despite that he asked repeatedly. 12 of the people he spoke to told him they were physically assaulted by Miscavige, and 20 witnessed DM physically assaulting others.

The membership figures according to CoS was given as 10 million worldwide and 6 million in the U.S. alone. And Lawrence Wright gave his figure that he came up with, mentioning the American Religious Identification Survey, which showed a recent decline from 55,000 scientologists in the U.S. down to 25,000 I believe, and that membership was hemorrhaging tremendously.

Also mentioned was that it cost around a half-million dollars or more to go through all the levels to the top in Scientology, and that CoS keeps coming back asking for more and more money.

The video clip of Cruise asserting that Scientologists were the only ones who could help at the scene of a car accident was shown as well.
:)

Thanks! Will it be on again at 10pm?