What's new

Lawsuit - I Never Abandoned Suri

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Given how many of the few remaining kool aid drinkers HAVE cut people out of their lives at the cult's command, I think this lawsuit has the makings of a pretty epic footbullet. Truth **IS** a defense to a defamation suit.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/05/tom-cruise-suri-lawusit-abandoned-life-and-style/

TMZ said:
Tom Cruise is declaring he's a damn good dad to Suri ... opening up for the first time about his divorce from Katie Holmes and how it affected his relationship with his daughter.

Cruise just filed docs in his $50 million lawsuit against the publisher of "Life & Style" and "In Touch" magazines for cover stories that claimed he "abandoned" Suri after divorcing Katie in June 2012.

In the docs, Cruise says ... "I have in no way cut Suri out of my life -- whether physically, emotionally, financially or otherwise."

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Given how many of the few remaining kool aid drinkers HAVE cut people out of their lives at the cult's command, I think this lawsuit has the makings of a pretty epic footbullet. Truth **IS** a defense to a defamation suit.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/05/tom-cruise-suri-lawusit-abandoned-life-and-style/

Ole El Con Hubturd said that "SP's snap terminals with the courts because they cannot communicate...what the hell is going on here??? I thought Tom Cruise was "CLEAR" on his first dynamic. His bank...that he was mocking up but can stop it and control it...was handled. Isn't he OT ATE?? Cause over matter, energy, space and time....oh, but not journalists..I got it!!

Wow - to think that Tom Cruise got "restimulated" by what journalists say is very revealing as to how his OAT TEA powahs are just not cutting it! He sounds like a cry baby. He would have been more Oat Tea to just ignore it...that is what Wog Celeb's do...but he is the great and powerful OZ - the only other being on the planet that can save mankind besides "Slappy Mc Slap-ige"!

Just amazing how stupid these Scientologist's are! They look like complete idiots!

"Whaaa Whaaaa Whaaaa....In Style Magazine called me a loser and said that I abandoned my daughter..whaaaa...whaaaa....whaaaaa....I am Tom Cruise and I will put your ethics ruthlessly in on you!! I put them in on myself...oh, and I use Sea Org Slaves to clean my house and make me burled walnut hand crafted consoles for my Ford Excursion because it is really spiritual to have that"!

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Hmmm....

Looks more like standard PR to me.

Celebrity dad and celebrity mom divorce.
- generates 2-4 weeks of income for magazine plus PR for mom and dad.

Kid stays with mom.
- generates another 2-4 weeks of income for magazine plus PR for mom and dad.

Magazine says dad is bad.

Dad sues for 50 million bucks.

Dad gives DOX.

And on and on it goes...

Meh, I can read shit like that about any celeb in any glitzy magazine. The PR-game where everybody wins - except the readers, perhaps.

I have no clue about how much profit such an internationally interesting Celeb-story can generate, but could it be that the 50 millions + costs are already payed for?

Purple Rain

Crusader
As I said before on other threads about this, I thought it was disgusting that those tabloids claimed he abandoned his daughter, and I'm glad he's suing the shit out of them and I hope they lose. For god's sake, there has to be some kind of line.

I know this is not a popular opinion because people like to slag off at Cruise - myself included - but lies are lies, no matter who spins them, and an innocent kid was at the heart of that steaming load of bull manure.

Those magazines just show me that there is a species worse than a Scientologist.

leina

Patron
Cruise further stated in his deposition that Holmes left Scientology following their split—and that he found the question of whether Holmes divorced him to protect Suri from Scientology "offensive."
The child is not practicing Scientology and "there is no need to protect my daughter from my religion," the actor said. http://fr.eonline.com/news/477911/t..._campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&dlvrit=48939
That’s right, isn’t she supposed to be a “SUPPRESSIVE PERSON” and a POTENTIAL TROUBLE SOURCE?
I do hope all $cientologists see this and start wondering about the real reason they were obliged to cut all contacts with non-$ci family members and loved ones.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I'm with Purple on this issue. These sensationalist tabloid stories irk the hell out of me.

Hey!! If it wasn't for the tabloids, we wouldn't have known an ET met President Bush.

space-alien-backs-bush-for-president.bmp

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
As I said before on other threads about this, I thought it was disgusting that those tabloids claimed he abandoned his daughter, and I'm glad he's suing the shit out of them and I hope they lose. For god's sake, there has to be some kind of line.

I know this is not a popular opinion because people like to slag off at Cruise - myself included - but lies are lies, no matter who spins them, and an innocent kid was at the heart of that steaming load of bull manure.

Those magazines just show me that there is a species worse than a Scientologist.

Unless there's disconnection here, and that should be exposed, without hurting innocent parties of course.

If one spouse left scn publically then, if it was us, there would be disconnection, if not with Cruise just because he's a celeb then there's something wrong. Many of us here have disconnected families and there's nothing wrong in exposing that.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

I'm not sure if this will alter your opinion any, but the actual 2-page declaration is available to see at RadarOnline.
The cover page of TC's declaration gives a bit of context about where in the lawsuit process they are now. (Trial Date: June 10, 2014)

TC's declaration is filed in support of a motion brought by Bert Fields to compel Bauer Publishing/InTouch to reveal the source(s) of their stories.
Further, TC's declaration states that he's aware that the Bauer/InTouch claimed Suri was "feeling abandoned". Not 'was abandoned'.
Bauer/InTouch are likely claiming they don't have to reveal their source(s) and TC/Fields are objecting to that stance.

Imagine if Suri told a teacher one day in 2012, "Gee, I'm sad. Daddy's been away for so long".
If the teacher gave/sold that info to Bauer/InTouch and they published it -- how Suri felt -- should they be compelled to reveal their source? :confused2:

On another thread, I recall seeing something about the lawsuit itself having been sent to mediation -- standard procedure in most civil lawsuits -- so I'm not sure if mediation failed completely or if this motion to compel source(s) was filed while mediation continues.

I don't know how celebrities cope with such intrusive actions and it seems especially cruel to target the children of celebrities.
In this case, however, with these available facts, I don't see TC winning in the end, so long as Bauer/InTouch used actual sources for the info.

EDIT: And, please, check out TC's signature on his declaration. It's...bizarre.
EDIT: InTouch, not InStyle. Sorry.
JB

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader
I'm not sure if this will alter your opinion any, but the actual 2-page declaration is available to see at RadarOnline.
The cover page of TC's declaration gives a bit of context about where in the lawsuit process they are now. (Trial Date: June 10, 2014)

TC's declaration is filed in support of a motion brought by Bert Fields to compel Bauer Publishing/InStyle to reveal the source(s) of their stories.
Further, TC's declaration states that he's aware that the Bauer/InStyle claimed Suri was "feeling abandoned". Not 'was abandoned'.
Bauer/InStyle are likely claiming they don't have to reveal their source(s) and TC/Fields are objecting to that stance.

Imagine if Suri told a teacher one day in 2012, "Gee, I'm sad. Daddy's been away for so long".
If the teacher gave/sold that info to Bauer/InStyle and they published it -- how Suri felt -- should they be compelled to reveal their source? :confused2:

On another thread, I recall seeing something about the lawsuit itself having been sent to mediation -- standard procedure in most civil lawsuits -- so I'm not sure if mediation failed completely or if this motion to compel source(s) was filed while mediation continues.

I don't know how celebrities cope with such intrusive actions and it seems especially cruel to target the children of celebrities.
In this case, however, with these available facts, I don't see TC winning in the end, so long as Bauer/InStyle used actual sources for the info.

EDIT: And, please, check out TC's signature on his declaration. It's...bizarre.
JB

Thanks, JB. I'll have a peek. Do you have a link I could follow?

Edit: I think it's a fair enough question though. It sounds to me like he believes that the tabloids are making it up - like they don't even have an actual source. And if the defence to libel is truth then they should have to prove they had good reason to believe that it's true.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
As much as I dislike the pompous idiosy of Tom Cruise I am appalled by the articale stating that he abandoned his daughter.

My question: did the mag state that he abandoned her or did it quote reliable or non-reliable sources as saying it?

Rd00

leina

Patron
Here are the highlights from the court documents:
He calls the headlines that led him to sue the mags “disgusting”:
844bc__tom-cruise-1.png

844bc__tom-cruise-8.png

This is what he had to say when the opposing attorney asked him about reports that Katie left him because of Scientology:
844bc__tom-cruise-2.png

And how about Katie leaving him in order to protect Suri from the controversial religion?:
844bc__tom-cruise-3.png

And he found it even more offensive when the attorney had the audacity to ask him if Suri “practiced Scientology” when he was married to Katie:
844bc__tom-cruise-5.png

He admits that Katie practiced Scientology before and during their 6-year marriage and since she filed for divorce last June has left the Church. When someone leaves the Church permanently they are referred to as a “suppressive person,” but whether or not his ex is deemed an “SP” wasn’t so easy to answer:
844bc__tom-cruise-9.png

844bc__tom-cruise-10.png

Here’s what a “suppressive person” is exactly in Tom’s own words:
844bc__tom-cruise-11.png

The 51-year-old superstar also greatly defends his parenting skills, especially when it comes to communicating with all of his children, including Connor and Isabella,when he’s not around on a daily basis:
844bc__tom-cruise-6.png

844bc__tom-cruise-12.png

And he wants everyone to know that Suri is a normal 7-year-old.
844bc__tom-cruise-7.png

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
If I were the reporter I would have reported that not only did he abandon Suri, he abandoned the whole human race to be with David Miscavige and L Ron Hubbard. He needs to wake up and realize that his connection to DM is ruining him.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Thanks, JB. I'll have a peek. Do you have a link I could follow?

Edit: I think it's a fair enough question though. It sounds to me like he believes that the tabloids are making it up - like they don't even have an actual source. And if the defence to libel is truth then they should have to prove they had good reason to believe that it's true.

I just Googled "tom cruise declaration" and the RadarOnline site popped-up near the top.
TMZ didn't have the actual declaration - only RadarOnline, so far. When you get to the site, there's a stupid video ad for 20 seconds and then you have to click the hot pink link to the declaration (a pdf) itself. :)

And check out Leina's post above - wow! - excerpts from TC's deposition! I sure hope the attorneys involved in the other scio- and Narconon-related cases are paying attention.

JB

Tom is right, what he's basically saying is he is a celebrity and not some lowlife staffer or sea orger who is forced to abandon his child for the cult and resents being compared to one. So he's suing a tabloid for $50 million for confusing him with a Scientologist who has to play by the rules Hubbard outlined. He should win this one but the cult will force him to settle out of court to avoid bringing any negative publicity to the cult.

Purple Rain

Crusader
If I were the reporter I would have reported that not only did he abandon Suri, he abandoned the whole human race to be with David Miscavige and L Ron Hubbard. He needs to wake up and realize that his connection to DM is ruining him.

That has nothing to do with abandoning his kid. Bullshit on that. There was never any credible evidence that he "abandoned Suri". They can't prove it and they're going to get creamed for lying about it.

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
The gossip rags are the disgusting dark side of the 'freedom of the press' concept. Sadly, they wouldn't exist except for the weakness of human nature that they prey upon - sort of like way the cult of Scientology preys upon the weakness of human nature and slimily exists under the cover of 'freedom of religion'

guanoloco

As-Wased
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! GO Tom!

Do it just like Ron would!

Ron never abandoned any of his children or claimed they were bastards of a Nazi spy.

Last edited: