What's new

Lawyer mysteriously disappeared

venuszeal

Hi, I'm new and this is my third post. In the early 80s a young woman with a similar story to mine re Scientology successfully sued Scientology for over $20 million. I called the attorney who prosecuted and he tried to get me to do it too but I was afraid of the Scientologists and afraid the public would laugh at me. I wish I had done it now, though. Anyway, I recently tried to find the attorney and found that he had allegations against him and that he resigned being an attorney and that nobody could find him. I think that the Scientologists did something to him. Venuszeal

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to ESMB, Venuszeal.

It is quite possible that the lawyer was harrassed by Scientology. That is what they do.

Can you tell us more of your story?

venuszeal

Yes, kookaburra, I will tell you more of my story. I have a lot of Scientology stories to tell. I wish I could tell them in their entirety, but you know what may happen if I do. At this point, though, I'm not really afraid for myself anymore, I just want to do whatever I can to stop them from getting and keeping more victims. I guess you could say the straw that broke the camel's back in my case was knowing that Katie Holmes is trying for full custody of Suri to keep her away from Tom Cruise so the poor little girl stays away from Scientology. This is off topic to what I am posting about here, but I was a nanny in The Sea Org and I know first hand how they brainwash children. I'll tell that story in some other post. I don't want to say the city where the lawsuit occurred and where the verdict was decided, but The Scientologists would probably know anyway. The young woman who won the money changed her name and moved to parts unknown. The lawyer, unfortunately, did not. When the court case came to town, The Scientologists camped out in a local park and showed up for the trial. People at my work, who I foolishly told about my involvement with them, didn't understand and harrassed me mercilessly. I was so young then. It just made me feel like a victim. To hear more of my story, kookaburra, I guess just read more stuff I post around here. I told about meeting John Travolta in the 70s, he was in a beginning Scientology Bridge class with me, and the fact that I'd like to talk with him in private. I think he'd remember me and I could talk him into going public against them. He seemed to be very intelligent and reasonable. Well of course, the people Scientology targets are intelligent people who have one flaw: they are naive and/or too optimistic. I think I will tell my story about being a Sea Org nanny next.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Hi, I'm new and this is my third post. In the early 80s a young woman with a similar story to mine re Scientology successfully sued Scientology for over $20 million.

I called the attorney who prosecuted and he tried to get me to do it too but I was afraid of the Scientologists and afraid the public would laugh at me. I wish I had done it now, though. Anyway, I recently tried to find the attorney and found that he had allegations against him and that he resigned being an attorney and that nobody could find him. I think that the Scientologists did something to him. Venuszeal

I'd like to hear more, too. First, the ONLY woman to have successfully sued Scientology for over $20 million was Julie Christofferson, and that judgement was reversed by the judge in a mistrial.

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/portland-titchbourne-1983.htm

Her attorneys Garry McMurry and Ron Wade did not "mysteriously disappear." Garry retired from his practice 2 years ago. He's 77 years old & enjoying his retirement.

Ron Wade has also retired. He's 65. Also on Facebook..

https://www.facebook.com/ron.wade.75

venuszeal

Oh. I'm sorry. It was Garry McMurry I was looking for. The bar said vague things about him leaving and said he resigned. They did not make it seem like he just retired. So the judge reversed the decision? That was it. The girl didn't get the judgment? I would like to talk to the lawyer. Do you have a way I can talk to him?