Leah Remini and family try group therapy after Scientology. Scientology responds.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
My girlfriend is a never in and she saw both Going Clear and the Leah Remini show. To her the Leah Remini was much more damaging because since she watches the show regularly this felt more real and more true and it felt to her as if someone she knew was a victim of disconnection.

Also when the brother in law said that it was a cult and he said that his father had discarded him with no trouble whatsoever it was shocking to her.

Also how his father said so matter of factly "Are you going to divorce her (Leah's sister)

If she felt this way I am sure that many others did too.

I hope they talk more about the cult in the future.

This was significant.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
For a religion that apparently has a workable therapy and encourages people to tell the truth, it would seem from this show that the opposite happens. Loved hearing Leah and her girlfriends talking about leaving and wanting to leave and now they're all together sharing their experiences. I remember getting together with other ex-members for the first time and having a real natter. It was a real relief. Could it get any worse for the Church with upwards of a dozen celebrity members dead, out and free, off-lines? And all these OT's going to therapy as well.....

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
I recorded this episode a few days ago and am just watching it now on the DVR.

Leah says "The reason I left is because I didn't want to raise my daughter in the church because from what I saw was that the church becomes your everything. It becomes your mother, your father....you are dependent on the church."

Exactly. It completely overtakes every aspect of your life.

"If you are raised in it as a child you really don't have loyalty to your family.....and that is what we would be teaching Sofia (daughter)". "And suppose 10 years from now I didn't want to be connected to the church anymore my own daughter would disconnect from me."

Exactly.

So much is said about the horrors of disconnection...glad to hear that.

Friend: "The fact that we're all connected and that we can all support each other ....it' huge...it's there worst nightmare." LOL, ya got that right.

She talks about suppressing her feelings and you only deal with you feelings with the church. "But now I want to feel...I don't want to be a robot..". Hear that scio? She felt like a ROBOT.

Great episode.

And finally, Leah is hot.

And her husband's name is Angelo. Best name ever. :biggrin:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
AOL VIDEO: Leah Remini Responds to Scientology Diss

http://features.aol.com/video/leah-remini-responds-scientology-diss

Video at link.

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

It's Leah vs. the Church of Scientology after she opens up about leaving the religion.

In a statement the Church of Scientology calls Leah "self-absorbed" and says she's addressing her former religion in a an effort to get ratings for her show "Leah Remini: It's All Relative."

"My first emotion is sad. It makes me sad to hear that from a group that I was in most of my life, and that I supported. My first instinct is to be hurt," says an emotional Remini.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
AOL VIDEO: Leah Remini Responds to Scientology Diss

http://features.aol.com/video/leah-remini-responds-scientology-diss

Video at link.

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

It's Leah vs. the Church of Scientology after she opens up about leaving the religion.

In a statement the Church of Scientology calls Leah "self-absorbed" and says she's addressing her former religion in a an effort to get ratings for her show "Leah Remini: It's All Relative."

"My first emotion is sad. It makes me sad to hear that from a group that I was in most of my life, and that I supported. My first instinct is to be hurt," says an emotional Remini.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
Video on Entertainment Weekly:

http://www.eonline.com/videos/237939/leah-remini-responds-to-scientology-diss

Purple Rain

Crusader
I have not seen an episode of It's All Relative until now - not that I didn't want to either. After that episode I would have to say I wish I could watch it all the time. I would have enjoyed it even without the Scientology stuff, but the episode featuring it was fantastic. I just so like her family and friends. One day her church friends who have cut her out of their lives will regret their disloyalty to someone who is so obviously a good person and a wonderful friend. But I am certain Leah will be there to forgive and hold their hand when they finally come limping out themselves. I just love Leah's family and friends. Leah has never looked lovelier than she does now. She is just blossoming mind,body and spirit since she threw off their corsets and ran barefoot and free out the door with the wind of life in her hair.