Leah Remini Celebrates Daughter Sofia's Baptism After Leaving Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
E! Online: Leah Remini Celebrates New Beginnings at Daughter Sofia's Baptism After Leaving Church of Scientology

http://www.eonline.com/news/693295/...s-baptism-after-leaving-church-of-scientology

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

attachment.php

By Mike Vulpo, E! Online

Leah Remini and her family's spiritual journey continues to grow away from the Church of Scientology.

More than two years after the former King of Queens star left the organization, her daughter Sofia has become baptized in the Catholic Church.

On Friday afternoon, Leah shared photos from the special ceremony that was attended by her immediate family and friends.

"A very special day for our little girl and her Godparents @crabichuk wanted to share with all of you," she wrote on Instagram. "#baptism #catholic #newbeginnings."

Leah's husband Angelo Pagan added, "For the record @leahremini and I have always been Catholic…It was a beautiful experience and our little angel is on her way to a more spiritual existence. God Bless!"

In recent episodes of Leah's TLC reality show It's All Relative, the actress opened up about her decision to cut ties with Scientology. As it turns out, wanting a better environment for her daughter was one of the biggest factors in her choice to leave.

"I decided I didn't want to raise my daughter in the church because from what I experience and what I saw, the church becomes your everything," she explained on the show. "It becomes your mother, your father, your everything. You are dependent on the church."

She added, "If you're raised in it as a child, you really don't have loyalty to your family. The church does come first to you and that is what we would be teaching Sofia. And I just didn't want her to be raised that way."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Attachments

• Baptism.jpg
    Baptism.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Daily Mail: New beginning! Leah Remini shares family photos from daughter Sofia's Catholic baptism two years after leaving Scientology

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ic-baptism-two-years-leaving-Scientology.html

Leah Remini's family has marked a new spiritual milestone, two years after leaving the Church of Scientology.

The actress, 45, shared photographs of her daughter's Catholic baptism to Instagram on Friday, calling it a 'new beginning.'

The It's All Relative star sits beside husband Angelo Pagan, and placed a loving arm around her ten-year-old daughter Sofia, who leans in close for the touching snap.

attachment.php

'A very special day for our little girl and her Godparents,' Leah wrote, tagging her makeup artist Corina Rabichuk.

'Wanted to share with all of you,' Leah wrote, adding hashtags '#baptism #catholic' and '#newbeginngings.'

They family smile as they sit on a church pew, with Leah's mother Vicki Marshall and stepfather George Marshall smiling as they sit in a pew behind them.

The former King of Queens star looked gorgeous in a stylish blue-and-white patterned dress, while Sofia looked pretty in a white baptismal gown.

She also shared a picture of Sofia being baptized by the priest as her proud parents placed a protective hand on her shoulder, writing 'one more' and adding an emoticon smiley face.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Baptism1.jpg
    Baptism1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 156

CommunicatorIC

From the Instagram of Leah's husband, Angelo Pagan. Comments open.

https://instagram.com/p/7O17YaGXXq/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

For the record @leahremini and I have always been Catholic ! Why we waited so long to baptize Sofia ! Hmmm....anyway it was a beautiful experience and our little angel is on her way to a more spiritual existence. God Bless!

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

attachment.php

Attachments

• AngeloPaganInstagram-001.jpg
    AngeloPaganInstagram-001.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 151

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
It's OK everyone. They're what my Catholic friend calls people like him, fringe Catholics. Not devout. Big difference from the devout. What they share is faith in God and tradition. :thumbsup:

Lone Star

Crusader
--Edited Blasphemy--

I wish all the best for Leah's family. Just glad one more kid won't be in Scientology's clutches.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

For the record @leahremini and I have always been Catholic ! Why we waited so long to baptize Sofia ! Hmmm....anyway it was a beautiful experience and our little angel is on her way to a more spiritual existence. God Bless!

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *
Leah explained this as follows:

attachment.php

Leah also said:

attachment.php

Attachments

• LeahOnBaptism-002.jpg
    LeahOnBaptism-002.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 108
  • LeahOnBaptism-001.jpg
    LeahOnBaptism-001.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 110

CommunicatorIC

Kate O'Hare at Catholic Vote has an interesting article with some inside information.

Leah Remini, Welcome Home!

https://www.catholicvote.org/leah-remini-welcome-home/

A few months ago, I was at a taping of the NBC game show “I Can Do That!”, which included dancer/choreographer Cheryl Burke (“Dancing With the Stars”) as a contestant. I was sitting in the green room with Burke’s then-beau, restaurateur J.T. Torregiani, and one of Burke’s friends, former “King of Queens” star Leah Remini.

With an NBC publicist joining in, there was general Catholic inside-baseball chat going on — “Where do you go to Mass? Who has the best music?” — and Remini was joining in from time to time. I knew that Remini, also a baptized Catholic, had left the “Church” of Scientology in 2013, and I’d heard she was returning to the Faith. It sure seemed to be the case that evening.

On Friday, Remini, 45, and her family took another step back into the bosom of the Church, as she and husband Angelo Pagan shared photos of the Catholic baptism of their daughter Sofia.

It’s wonderful to see Remini back in the fold, where she joins her “King of Queens” husband, comic actor Kevin James, who’s a very public and devout Catholic.

Welcome home, Leah and family!

Deo Gratias!

CommunicatorIC

Attachments

• BaptismFacebook-001.jpg
    BaptismFacebook-001.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 23
  • BaptismFacebook-002.jpg
    BaptismFacebook-002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 84
  • BaptismFacebook-001.jpg
    BaptismFacebook-001.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 89

anniefisher7t7

I just finished reading "Going Clear" and was so appalled I dreamed about Scientology for a week...what a nightmare! I could not help myself from going to your website and registering. Talk about mass hypnotism! There has to be a way to break through and reach these people. It is so sad to think of intelligent, rational human beings falling into the muck of Scientology just because they want a path to mental health and physical well being and success in life so bad that they will grab at something as sinister as this...and not see it for what it is due to their quiet (or noisy) desperation.

It is so nice to see that some can put that all aside and put their family first. Yay for you, your family, and most of all your daughter, Leah! Annie

CommunicatorIC

I just finished reading "Going Clear" and was so appalled I dreamed about Scientology for a week...what a nightmare! I could not help myself from going to your website and registering. Talk about mass hypnotism! There has to be a way to break through and reach these people. It is so sad to think of intelligent, rational human beings falling into the muck of Scientology just because they want a path to mental health and physical well being and success in life so bad that they will grab at something as sinister as this...and not see it for what it is due to their quiet (or noisy) desperation.

It is so nice to see that some can put that all aside and put their family first. Yay for you, your family, and most of all your daughter, Leah! Annie
Welcome, Annie. Nice to have you here. :)

Lone Star

Crusader
I am so happy too that Leah's daughter is now baptised in the one true original Universal Church in which Saint Peter was the original Pope. Oh yes! It's twue! His bones are below the Vatican. :yes: They say so and I believe it!

The same Church that really knows how to stamp out heresy, although they are a bit more relaxed these days. :wink2: The Church that knows how to help it's "celibate" Priests "have a good time". :coolwink:

But now precious Sofia won't have to burn eternally in the flames of the Lake of Fire, aka Hell. That's all that matters. Perhaps the worst she may suffer will be Purgatory, but her odds of going straight to Heaven have increased dramatically!!

Yay!! :happydance:

P.S. Sorry, but I'm just an unrepentant Blasphemologist. I can't help myself. I'm sworn to avenge....condemned to Hell....

CommunicatorIC

Very crude, but it has a lot of the information posted in prior articles.

Entertainment Weekly TV: Leah Remini Celebrates New Beginnings at Daughter Sofia's Baptism After Leaving Church of Scientology

[video=youtube;LNYAWNWwzds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNYAWNWwzds[/video]

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am so happy too that Leah's daughter is now baptised in the one true original Universal Church in which Saint Peter was the original Pope. Oh yes! It's twue! His bones are below the Vatican. :yes: They say so and I believe it!

The same Church that really knows how to stamp out heresy, although they are a bit more relaxed these days. :wink2: The Church that knows how to help it's "celibate" Priests "have a good time". :coolwink:

But now precious Sofia won't have to burn eternally in the flames of the Lake of Fire, aka Hell. That's all that matters. Perhaps the worst she may suffer will be Purgatory, but her odds of going straight to Heaven have increased dramatically!!

Yay!! :happydance:

P.S. Sorry, but I'm just an unrepentant Blasphemologist. I can't help myself. I'm sworn to avenge....condemned to Hell....

Finnaly I am home and my Hexa core processor 'puter alows me to post.

WTF Blasphemy ?????

Hey moderaters next you call in the Ethics Officers !

Call it inapropriate for this thread if you want but not Blasphemy

Sassy

Patron Meritorious

Welcome! I was a never-in as well, and highly recommend you go through some of the site's archives and read the incredible stories posted here. Your hair will turn grey over what some people and their families were put through. There are many wonderful books by ex-members out there too; I don't want to list them here for fear I will forget someone but they are ALL well worth the read. I bought my copies from Amazon so I'm sure to support them with $$$. (PS love your "muck" description!)

Leah Remini Continues Washing Scientology Off Her Skin, Has Daughter Baptized

Well, 'scuse me. I just saw it this morning and didn't see it on ESMB so I posted it = my bad. Mimsey

[STRIKE]Leah Remini Continues Washing Scientology Off Her Skin, Has Daughter Baptized

No longer a Scientologist, Leah Remini was celebrating "#newbeginnings," at her daughter Sofia's baptism over the holiday weekend.

Remini posted a photo on Instagram of herself, her husband Angelo Pagán, and other family members gathered around 10-year-old Sofia, wearing a white baptismal dress. "A very special day for our little girl and her godparents," Remini wrote.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/c...er-skin--has-daughter-baptized-140332566.html[/STRIKE]

Last edited: