What's new

Leah Remini Celebrates Daughter Sofia's Baptism After Leaving Scientology

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Yahoo article I saw was much more honestly written. It read:

Leah Remini Continues Washing Scientology Off Her Skin, Has Daughter Baptized.

God bless Leah, Angelo, Sophia and Yahoo.

Nicole Kidman:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_Kidman

"...Kidman is a Roman Catholic.[105] She attended Mary Mackillop Chapel in North Sydney. Following criticism of The Golden Compass by Catholic leaders[106] as anti-Catholic,[107] Kidman told Entertainment Weekly that the Catholic Church is part of her "essence," and that her religious beliefs would prevent her from taking a role in a film she perceived was anti-Catholic.."

Has Nicole Kidman managed to prise her mouth open to peep or tweet or facebook support for Remini and her husband giving the finger to scientology by donating their daughter's soul to Catholicism, as a media event?

Re: Leah Remini Continues Washing Scientology Off Her Skin, Has Daughter Baptized

It's not bad. It's all entheta so it's all good.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Leah Remini Continues Washing Scientology Off Her Skin, Has Daughter Baptized

Well, 'scuse me. I just saw it this morning and didn't see it on ESMB so I posted it = my bad. Mimsey

[STRIKE]Leah Remini Continues Washing Scientology Off Her Skin, Has Daughter Baptized

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/c...er-skin--has-daughter-baptized-140332566.html[/STRIKE]

the need to believe in something greater than ourselves run deep

Scientology fucks that all up

My bet - she will end up a Buddhist.

That is the closest thing she will find to real relief and help, IMHO.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Right. She's less likely to be molested in the Catholic Church than in Scientology, which is to say shitty odds of getting away unscathed. I'll bet she ends up in some new age woo by college.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Yahoo: Leah Remini Continues Washing Scientology Off Her Skin, Has Daughter Baptized

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/c...er-skin--has-daughter-baptized-140332566.html

Fish wrapper: Leah Remini Will Never Not Be A Hero

http://www.fishwrapper.com/post/201...baptism-catholic-scientology-quotes-adorable/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT ON FISH WRAPPER STORY * * * * *

You're going to want to prepare your heart for all the love it's going to feel with this, and while you're at it, you might also want to make room in your soul for a whole lot of hope: Leah Remini, who, not so long ago, we thought was all but lost to the madness of Scientology, has had her ten-year-old daughter baptized in the Catholic church, she feels really good about it, and she shared that goodness with all of us. What luck, right?

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Somehow I can't see Leah meditating. Hell, I can't see myself meditating. See, that's what I liked about Scientology - it's concept of the thetans, co-existence as theta, the concept of a life being a static, those ideas all made sense to me. Stuff like Christianity, Islam, Buddhism - I've been in all of those ( or so I believe) in earlier lives, and they seem like dead ends to me. But, hey. That's just me. She can believe what she wants.

If I was a vengeful fuck like Miscavage, I'd send my bestest recruiters after her daughter when she's 18 and get her to join the SO.

Such a nice guy.

Mimsey

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
It's a natural for Leah to shift to Christianity/Catholicism, and to raise her daughter in a traditional group that is a little more love centered than what she was raised in. Then there's the freedom and lack of control, compared to Scientology.

But since I was raised Catholic, even though it was a relatively liberal dose compared to a few friends who went to Catholic school, Catholicism was still a trip, complete with irrational and unnecessary fears they impose on children, some by parents but more in religious education.

Leah's daughter may not be subjected to a lot of that and actually, a lot has changed since I was raised. American Catholics are especially liberal. You won't find as much self-flagellation going on over contraception or premarital sex compared to the old days. Even while I grew into adolescence, they kind of threw out the idea of roasting your sins off in purgatory, along with the Latin Mass. Now it's more unless you murder someone, it's a straight shot to heaven. If you're a Catholic, you're in like Flynn, and we know that even Mother Teresa was riddled with doubts, so doubt and even apostasy is not a huge problem. "Go in peace," as is said at the end of Mass.

My father was the stricter Catholic in our family and after I was off to college it was like, "You're an adult now and free to choose." I really liked that. In retrospect, I found the Catholic trip more confusing and irrational than rewarding and comforting. On balance, it provoked more fears, confusion and guilt than joy and love. I was off to college and I shed that cuckoo like a soiled pair of underwear, but it sticks with you too, for years, and I regret that my parents imposed it on me, mostly because their parents imposed it on them.

Even though Scientology took on religion as a disguise, I don't think it would be a bad idea for an ex-member to take a breather from religion, and to consider what it's all about anyway. Sure, religions may provide community, and answers about why we're here (to be in that particular religion and become enlightened, usually) and where we go after we're dead. But we are not living in the same world as when most of these religions sprang up. For example, we no longer conduct human and animal sacrifices to appease God and avoid crop failure.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
It's a natural for Leah to shift to Christianity/Catholicism, and to raise her daughter in a traditional group that is a little more love centered than what she was raised in. Then there's the freedom and lack of control, compared to Scientology.

But since I was raised Catholic, even though it was a relatively liberal dose compared to a few friends who went to Catholic school, Catholicism was still a trip, complete with irrational and unnecessary fears they impose on children, some by parents but more in religious education.

Leah's daughter may not be subjected to a lot of that and actually, a lot has changed since I was raised. American Catholics are especially liberal. You won't find as much self-flagellation going on over contraception or premarital sex compared to the old days. Even while I grew into adolescence, they kind of threw out the idea of roasting your sins off in purgatory, along with the Latin Mass. Now it's more unless you murder someone, it's a straight shot to heaven. If you're a Catholic, you're in like Flynn, and we know that even Mother Teresa was riddled with doubts, so doubt and even apostasy is not a huge problem. "Go in peace," as is said at the end of Mass.

My father was the stricter Catholic in our family and after I was off to college it was like, "You're an adult now and free to choose." I really liked that. In retrospect, I found the Catholic trip more confusing and irrational than rewarding and comforting. On balance, it provoked more fears, confusion and guilt than joy and love. I was off to college and I shed that cuckoo like a soiled pair of underwear, but it sticks with you too, for years, and I regret that my parents imposed it on me, mostly because their parents imposed it on them.

Even though Scientology took on religion as a disguise, I don't think it would be a bad idea for an ex-member to take a breather from religion, and to consider what it's all about anyway. Sure, religions may provide community, and answers about why we're here (to be in that particular religion and become enlightened, usually) and where we go after we're dead. But we are not living in the same world as when most of these religions sprang up. For example, we no longer conduct human and animal sacrifices to appease God and avoid crop failure.

The early part of my life was Catholic and went to a Catholic all girls school.

After scientology, I did go back briefly and found parts of the ritual aspects comforting. I was amused by the fact that the word, 'lapsed,' was used to describe my status, as if I was just on a bit of a break, wandered a little, but returned to the flock.

At first glance, Catholicism does offer a sense of tradition and belonging. I liked this. But if you start to question some of the ideas, it has to be done on total faith as it just doesn't make sense. For instance, transubstantiation. Catholics take it literally, and a priest once told me that he pierced a communion wafer and it bled.

Leah however, isn't insisting that people convert. All she is doing is telling people about her life.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
At first glance, Catholicism does offer a sense of tradition and belonging. I liked this. But if you start to question some of the ideas, it has to be done on total faith as it just doesn't make sense. For instance, transubstantiation. Catholics take it literally, and a priest once told me that he pierced a communion wafer and it bled.

He probably pierced through the wafer and into his finger, or maybe there was a statue of the Virgin nearby who wept a bloody tear onto it. They have those too, mostly in Latin America.

At least the Catholic Church spends some of their billions on doing charity work and it isn't about squeezing people for ever larger amounts of money.

CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC

Leah Remini on Embracing Catholicism After Scientology: 'To Me It's What Religion Is Supposed To Be'

People magazine: Leah Remini on Embracing Catholicism After Scientology: 'To Me It's What Religion Is Supposed To Be'

http://www.people.com/article/leah-remini-talks-catholicism-after-scientology

After Scientology, Leah Remini Finds 'Amazing' Comfort In Catholic Church

Daily Caller: After Scientology, Leah Remini Finds 'Amazing' Comfort In Catholic Church

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/03/a...ini-finds-amazing-comfort-in-catholic-church/

Leah Remini Talks Scientology Split, New Hope in Catholicism

Christian Post: Leah Remini Talks Scientology Split, New Hope in Catholicism

http://www.christianpost.com/news/leah-remini-scientology-catholic-church-book-troublemaker-148998/

CommunicatorIC

After Scientology, Leah Remini Finds Comfort in Return to Catholicism

Breibart: After Scientology, Leah Remini Finds Comfort in Return to Catholicism

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...leah-remini-finds-comfort-return-catholicism/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Former Scientologist and King of Queens star Leah Remini said she has found “amazing” comfort in returning to the Catholic Church after leaving Scientology two years ago, contrasting Scientology’s abusive policies with Christianity.

During an interview with Howard Stern Tuesday morning, the 45-year-old actress said she was so happy to be “reconnecting” to the faith of her childhood.

Initially, Stern tried to lump all religions together as equally fanatical, but Remini jumped in, telling the shock jock he was making a big mistake.

“I’ve come to the conclusion in my life that all religions are sorta nutty,” Stern said. “And, you know, I just don’t get it sometimes, and so I don’t even single Scientology out any differently than Christianity or Judaism.”

“But you should,” cut in Remini, referencing Scientology abuses such as heavy commitments in finances and time, as well as its policies that break up families and friendships.

Remini said that it was a joy to get back to the faith in which she grew up.

“My grandmother lived on Elizabeth Street in Little Italy, and she used to go to church every day,” Remini told Stern. “She’d go in, light a candle, she’d pray, and as a child, that was comforting to me.”

“She’d go pray and do the sign of the cross on her forehead. She’d pray to this one and pray to that one if she lost her keys. It was always very comforting to me to have faith in something.”

“It wasn’t pushed on me like it was pushed on you,” she told Stern.

Remini said being back in the Catholic Church has been an “amazing” comfort to her.

“Now that I’m older and out of the Church [of Scientology], I’m reconnecting to a faith where I can go in and light a candle,” she said. “I have always been spiritual.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

https://instagram.com/p/97mrq9tQRl/

attachment.php

Attachments

• LeahReminiCross.jpg
    LeahReminiCross.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 36