What's new

Leah Remini - Confidential Scientology Files Released? August 2013

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
The Hollywood Reporter complete article here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leah-remini-fears-confidential-scientology-598028

A few quotes from the article...

When Leah and her family made the decision to leave the church after having been members for decades, the church immediately used disconnection against them in retaliation," says Karen de la Carriere, who was one of Scientology's top executives before she left in 2010 after 35 years as a member. De la Carriere is one of several ex-church members helping Remini navigate this difficult and highly charged situation. "Leah and her family were suddenly cut off from friendships that had lasted 20 years or more."

While none of this is a comment about Ms. Remini, our general response is that the church supports families and has never had a policy which breaks up families, a myth perpetuated by individuals who are either misinformed or attempting to sensationalize their own life choices or those made by their family members," Pouw says. "While the church encourages close family relations, in the end church members decide for themselves whether to communicate or not with a person who is openly antagonistic to them or their religion. When [disconnection] occurs, that person is simply exercising their right to communicate, not carrying out any mandate from their church."

"The church is in a very dicey position right now," says Marc Headley, who spent 15 years working in the upper levels of the church before leaving and turning on the organization. "Leah's not Tom Cruise. She is famous too, but she's leaving, not staying. If they do anything to mess with Leah, it's not going to look very good for them."

After news of the split, first reported on July 8 by journalist Tony Ortega, a veteran investigator of Scientology, things became even more complicated for the church.

Leah Remini's sister Nicole Remini-Wiskow, who left the church in 2005, spilled secrets about the Remini family's experiences with the church, and Leah's former step-mother, Donna Fiore, has also begun to openly complain about the church's pressure on their family and how Leah's friends in Scientology have stopped speaking to her.

Amy Scobee, the former head of the Celebrity Center — the locus of the organization's activities with high-profile personalities including TV and movie stars — who left Scientology in 2005 after 28 years, says Scientology had accumulated files containing 300 different folders of documents and reports from her auditing sessions.

Regardless of what actions the church has or has not taken, former Scientologists say the organization may have met its match in the outspoken Remini.

"That girl has a lot of balls," says de la Carriere. "Complaining about Miscavige in that organization is like complaining about god."

Three weeks in and this story still 'has legs'.

JB

AnonKat

Crusader
so%2Bmuch%2Bwin.jpg

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
FYI... http://tinyurl.com/lb4npd7

I'll surely read it. :)

Thanks for posting the link above to Us Weekly's online site re: Leah Remini's memoir.
For those not inclined to click the link, here's a quote:

No story will go untold! Weeks after Leah Remini made the decision to leave the Church of Scientology for good, the actress is already making plans to tell her side of the story in the form of a forthcoming tell-all memoir, she tellsUs Weekly.

"It will include my experiences, everything that's taboo to talk about," the former Talk cohost, 43, told Us at the 15th annual DesignCare event in Malibu on Saturday, July 27.

Guess it'd be too much to ask that she call the book, "Where's Shelly?" but perhaps she'll consider that a chapter heading? :coolwink:
JB

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
You really have to be a moronic tool to still be in at this point - save people that are just trying to get friends and family out.

Might we also add to the "save" list those people who genuinely fear the breach of confidentiality as relates to their PC folders, videotaped auditing/sec-checking sessions, and/or other personal/business-related information? Or those who fear similarly breached information for their loved ones?

JB

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
The UK's Daily MailOnline has just picked-up the story from The Hollywood Reporter here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...tology-37-years-church.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

While Remini announced this week that she plans on writing about her life growing up within the church in a tell-all book, The Hollywood Reporter claims that the content of those confessionals could end up being used for a website titled WhoIsLeahRemini.com -- with the purpose of disseminating 'unfavourable material' about the actress.

The Hollywood Reported noted that the domain was registered this week and mirrors similar sites created for Crash director Paul Haggis along with former church spokesman Mike Rinder and former high ranking officials Marty Rathbun and Amy Scobe -- all of which feature a handful of disparaging posts and videos about their involvement with the church.

'Regarding "Who Is…" the church has never hidden the fact it supplied information for the websites.... Despite the chronic whining you hear about the sites, each came about to document the truth about these anti-religious fanatics,' Church spokesperson Karin Pouw told The Hollywood Reporter.

The Church of Scientology strenuously denied any of the sensational allegations made by Remini-Wiskow.

Church spokesperson Karin Pouw released a statement to Radar Online saying that the organization is not seeking to smear its former parishioner.

'The answer is unequivocally no because we do not release private and confidential information and never will. We have responded countless times to this tired, false and outrageous allegation made by a handful of obsessed self-promoters with transparent agendas.'

JB

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
^^This is an important connection to make...that Scientology are smearing people with their confidential files, with Pouw confirming their involvement with those sites.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
^^This is an important connection to make...that Scientology are smearing people with their confidential files, with Pouw confirming their involvement with those sites.

Another connection is that Co$/scientology has a history of sharing confidential information directly to the media via their spokesperson when a person disassociates from this cult. Tommy Davis did so when Amy Scobee's book came out. Ms. Scobee's response is priceless:

Scobee was "expelled" after she admitted to "five affairs outside of wedlock" - a violation of her ecclesiastical vows - including one with "a penitent she was supposed to be ministering to," Davis claimed.

Scobee, who is still married to that "penitent," argues that Davis "didn't see what I saw. I wanted to leave. They tried to get me to stay. If confessionals are never violated, what's Tommy doing talking about my sex life? "

The above quote comes from a NY Daily News article which was posted here at ESMB*: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-confessionals&p=411146&viewfull=1#post411146

*The entire thread is well-worth reading, imo.

JB

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Another connection is that Co$/scientology has a history of sharing confidential information directly to the media via their spokesperson when a person disassociates from this cult. Tommy Davis did so when Amy Scobee's book came out. Ms. Scobee's response is priceless:

The above quote comes from a NY Daily News article which was posted here at ESMB*: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-confessionals&p=411146&viewfull=1#post411146

*The entire thread is well-worth reading, imo.

JB

and they claim they don't like to comment on the private affairs of their parishioners

Jump

Operating teatime
From the link in the OP:
No story will go untold! Weeks after Leah Remini made the decision to leave the Church of Scientology for good, the actress is already making plans to tell her side of the story in the form of a forthcoming tell-all memoir, she tells Us Weekly.

The comments are open - worth a click to read those - A-E shills getting blasted :biggrin:

Need to buy more popcorn futures :biggrin: :drama:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
[video=youtube;81I5NkudQm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81I5NkudQm0[/video]

This is a terrific song! This appears to be sung by ex Chris Mann Whoever wrote it did a darn good job, too.

Lyrics
Disconnected © 2010
Uploaded on Aug 6, 2010

Disconnect if you have to
hate me now it's what you gotta do
to play the game you know you have to
follow the rules, the rules that they give you

Cast aside all the good times
when you're making up your mind
when you're trying to decide
who of your friends are really on your side

Little words that were written on a page
never tell me what I can think or say
No one is gonna have that over me
I can speak of anything I see

You were angry when you found out
We were friends until it came out
I was welcome til I woke up
asking some questions and I spoke up

So let them tell you how it should be
who you know and who you cant see
it doesnt feel right, dont worry
cut the comm line in a letter and you'll be free

Little words that were written on a page
Should never tell you what you can think or say
no one should ever have that over you
You can speak of anything, yeah it's true

© 2010 DFB

rickybobby

Hostess of the Internet

Saw that! It it was awesome. Have you noticed that it seems their tactics are to try and divert the dicussion using racism, Trayvon Martin, women's rights, and defending the constitution? I am shocked, actually, at how stupid their "attacks" are. You'd think they'd have their A team on this.

AnonKat

Crusader
Saw that! It it was awesome. Have you noticed that it seems their tactics are to try and divert the dicussion using racism, Trayvon Martin, women's rights, and defending the constitution? I am shocked, actually, at how stupid their "attacks" are. You'd think they'd have their A team on this.

I think it's onley Tommy Davis locked up in Davids Basement behind a computer