What's new

Leah Remini - Confidential Scientology Files Released? August 2013

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Saw that! It it was awesome. Have you noticed that it seems their tactics are to try and divert the dicussion using racism, Trayvon Martin, women's rights, and defending the constitution? I am shocked, actually, at how stupid their "attacks" are. You'd think they'd have their A team on this.

This IS their A-team . . . :whistling:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Saw that! It it was awesome. Have you noticed that it seems their tactics are to try and divert the dicussion using racism, Trayvon Martin, women's rights, and defending the constitution? I am shocked, actually, at how stupid their "attacks" are. You'd think they'd have their A team on this.

Their A-team is in The Hole with Heber, declared, or blown.

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
I'm sure with this additional attention on her these days, she'll pick up more work soon. In the meantime, I'm all for her spending her current time writing her book, touring and interviewing and getting the word out on Cof$ while her story is still hot. She is far from "washed up". That story on the Us sight is still open for comments and I +1's that comment plus added some of my own.

Jump

Operating teatime
I'm sure with this additional attention on her these days, she'll pick up more work soon. In the meantime, I'm all for her spending her current time writing her book, touring and interviewing and getting the word out on Cof$ while her story is still hot. She is far from "washed up". That story on the Us sight is still open for comments and I +1's that comment plus added some of my own.

Leah is so far from a has-been, its not funny - and I think her future earnings don't hinge on some book deal about criminals.

The scilon cult however is hemorrhaging cash, membership and credibility at an accelerating rate.

As someone said .. SO MUCH WIN!

:drama:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Concern expressed. Retweets welcome

Concern expressed. Retweets welcome.

https://twitter.com/nicoleremini/status/363808110667763715

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 5906

View attachment 5905

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Leah Remini fears her taped personal confessionals could be leaked in 'retaliation'

Daily Mail: Leah Remini fears her taped personal confessionals could be leaked in 'retaliation for stepping away' from Scientology after 37 years with the church

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...tepping-away-Scientology-37-years-church.html

Excerpt:
But just as Leah Remini, 43, is trying to focus on rebuilding her life outside of the controversial religion, fears have been sparked that she could become the victim of a smear campaign launched by the church itself.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the King of Queens star has taped over 37 years worth of private confessionals, and the church is at will to use them or destroy them -- and some of the confidential information could be published online.

Important Excerpt:
'Dozens of WhoIs.com sites have been published over the years, and those that are publicly accessible feature unfavourable material about a number of detractors and former supporters of Scientology,' THR wrote, claiming that the sites could be tied to the Church of Scientology itself.

'Regarding "Who Is…" the church has never hidden the fact it supplied information for the websites.... Despite the chronic whining you hear about the sites, each came about to document the truth about these anti-religious fanatics,' Church spokesperson Karin Pouw told The Hollywood Reporter.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Concern expressed. Retweets welcome

This is HUGE. Using secrets divulged in session as a method of punishing apostates? Very, very, very bad karma and horrible PR for the COS--not to mention the damage done to the apostates. It's been common knowledge that folders were culled for embarrassing or illegal (BLACKMAILABLE!) behavior.

When a celebrity of Leah's stature complains about divulging confessional secrets, paparazzi press will eat it up, inflate it, discuss it, write about it, brag about it.

Oh boy.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

This is HUGE. Using secrets divulged in session as a method of punishing apostates? Very, very, very bad karma and horrible PR for the COS--not to mention the damage done to the apostates. It's been common knowledge that folders were culled for embarrassing or illegal (BLACKMAILABLE!) behavior.

When a celebrity of Leah's stature complains about divulging confessional secrets, paparazzi press will eat it up, inflate it, discuss it, write about it, brag about it.

Oh boy.

Leah Remini has thought this through carefully and is on the offensive. This could provide epic lulz until the next big celeb blows (probably August 2014 given the 13 month turnaround between Katie and Leah). I hope this tell-all strategy doesn't get her killed, cause it is fucking awesome!!!!

TrevAnon

Big List researcher

Probably August 2014 given the 13 month turnaround between Katie and Leah.

tl;dr: we really don't know.

One can also expect a shorter period.
- Jason Beghe stepped out in 2007 I think. He did his interview with Mark Bunker in 2008.
- Paul Haggis stepped out February 2011. At least, than was the story in the New Yorker. http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/02/14/110214fa_fact_wright . So that's 3.5 or 4 years later.
- Katie Holmes stepped out June or July 2012. That's 1.5 years later.
- Leah Remini stepped out July 2013. That's 13 months later.

So the period between the moments celebs are getting out is getting shorter.

If we use that as a way to "compute" the next blow it may be 6 or 7 months before the next one leaves the sinking ship. In which case the Aussie reporter Brian Whatshisname may even be right in his prediction that this year TC or JT will blow.

Edit: if you also count Nicole Kidman, Lisa Marie Presley... well, you get the picture.

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
If it's true that Leah Remini is indeed planning to write a book about her life/experiences while a member of Co$/scientology, I hope she (and those who have her 'ear') will read the published accounts of other former Co$/scientology adherents. One individual, whose narrative is oddly similar to that of Ms. Remini, endured quite a lot of harm while "in" and "out", but steadfastly continued on her journey with no small amount of grace.

Here's a link to a piece written in 2011 by Tony Ortega, with videos and additional links, about Amy Scobee: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/amy_scobee_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

In her book about her experiences, "Abuse at the Top," Scobee describes her entire 27-year journey in Scientology, which began in 1978 when she was only 14 and went to work for the church.

Many Scientologists have left the organization and then spoke up publicly about its eccentricities and toxicities. But Amy Scobee has stood out for how much she obviously gave of herself to the church, even through the degradations of the RPF. And for how credibly she comes across, and helped shift the focus of how we all think about this odd group.

JB

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was just listening to John B. Wells doing his coast to coast show from last night. That is a major audience. He mentioned that "some little gal" left the church of Scientology because she simply asked where one of the "big wigs" wife had gone. I started a thread at one point to post all these little snippets from the media on, but I was too flakey to keep up with it. I think Johns basic question was some about consciousness transcending faster than belief systems could keep up. It's like a week never goes by that $cn. isn't mentioned in passing, none of it flattering. Oh, John B. just came back round to the subject and clarified Leah by name and that she asked about the wife of the leader of the church, specifically. Then the guest, (have no idea who he is) said he had "tested" a scientologists, and the scientologist came out really high on the graph, although he had spent $9,000 for courses. Alrighty then. I just find it interesting that $cn comes up everywhere right now. That used to be unusual.

Last edited:

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
Remember Christian Sunday School: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!". We are all in the same boat. I expect things are going to work out fine. Hubbard is so opposite of Christ.

Adiren

Patron

Leah Remini has thought this through carefully and is on the offensive. This could provide epic lulz until the next big celeb blows (probably August 2014 given the 13 month turnaround between Katie and Leah). I hope this tell-all strategy doesn't get her killed, cause it is fucking awesome!!!!

I bet/wish a few more are ripe to come out and denounce this/that organization for what it really is. Soon, very soon... It only takes one to set the example.

Well done Leah. :happydance: