ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Leah Remini Files Missing-Person Report on Scientology leader’s wife

Discussion in 'David Miscavige and Current Management' started by BlackRob, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

Wow - L Ron Hubbard sure was OT - "cause" over his family's shattered lives including his own! He really failed so big - no wonder the current Co$ has to lie about him - he truly was BAT SHIT CRAZY!

2. Xenu's Boyfriend

Xenu's Boyfriend Silver Meritorious Patron

Just saw this on Entertainment Tonight and it was on of those rare moments where something on TV made me scream out loud!

This is amazingly good news. But I'm fascinated - couldn't anyone have filed this reports years ago? Why now and why her? Perhaps people tried before and were told to fuck off because they weren't family or the police didn't take it seriously or were afraid. Perhaps Remini, as a star, has the money and power to not let this thing go away, that you or I don't have. I am dying to know what is happening behind the scenes. Has Tom Cruise called her already and asked to take her to lunch. Perhaps some sushi and then ice skating at Rockefeller Center?

I'm going to go back and read what others have written because this has probably been addressed. I haven't been to this site in a while, but I am very grateful for it. If it hadn't been for the time I spent here, reading, arguing, learning, I would never understand the impact of what this news truly means. Perhaps finally some real accountable. I fear Shelly is dead. Has Jenna commented?

3. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

If I were still in the church and looked like Shelly Miscavige I would be very, very, afraid.

Helena

4. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

The public, those completely unschooled in the weirdness of scientology, just got educated.
    Mission accomplished.

Course summary:
    Leader of the church's wife missing for 6 years.
    Friend unable to contact her, after asking about her since 2005.
    Notices the friend's husband and leader of the church playing grab ass.
    Friend not only a member of the church, but was also once part of staff, therefore knows what is normal and what is not normal in the ecclesiastical workings of the church. Gets bullied for asking questions.
    A lawyer issues a statement on missing church leader's wife behalf.
    Friend concerned enough to file a missing person's report.
    Everything fine here, just move along...

[​IMG]

5. lost

lost Patron with Honors

Yes.
    Its about a lot more than where shelly is and that wedding AFAICS. Its about a LOT of other things that Leah was seeing / had seen over the years and never liked. The intensity of her 'handling' of dm seems to show that. I guess that this is obvious to some, but might not be to others. I am guessing that between her own experiences, and those of her family and friends she has probably got some almighty bombshells in her arsenal.

6. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Erhm.. I don't see this as an application of L.Rum Hubturd tactics: 'Always Attack, Never Defend!' - Rather I see it as a 'scientologist' who was not -intirely- mesmerized and hypnotized doing something that we all should have done. Protesting the crap that goes on in that cult, and throwing some apeshit back at 'em!

Keep it up Leah! - Cover them in apeshit!

:yes:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  7. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

I am sure the circumstances of Flo Barnett's death are not lost on Shelly. There is also the Stockholm Syndrome effects of being imprisoned for 6 or 7 years. And the effects of being a CMO messenger since she was a child on the Apollo.

8. Out-Ethics

Out-Ethics Patron Meritorious

Did anybody really expect the LAPD to get to the bottom of this and actually look for Shelly? But thats okay because the next step is to align LAPD with Scientology. If you put that connection in the minds of the public how long do you think the LAPD will want to be connected with the Co$. One less ally for DM.

9. BlackRob

BlackRob Gold Meritorious Patron

10. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

TMZ reports:

The LAPD has CLOSED its missing persons investigation involving the wife of Scientology leader David Miscavige ... because cops had a face-to-face meeting with her ... TMZ has learned.

The investigation was launched after LAPD detectives received reports that Shelly Miscavige had not been seen publicly in 6 years. As we previously reported, one of the people who contacted cops was actress Leah Remini.

Law enforcement tells TMZ they have determined the missing persons allegation is "unfounded."

One question we asked that we could not get answered ... Did cops determine Shelly was or was not being held against her will?

11. BlackRob

12. Pheryn

Pheryn Patron with Honors

13. BlackRob

Scientology strikes back!

[​IMG]

The Church of Scientology is spewing venom at Leah Remini for daring to file a report with the LAPD ... claiming the wife of Scientology leader David Miscavige is missing.

A Church rep claims Leah cooked up the allegation "with unemployed, anti-religious zealots."

Leah -- who broke ties with Scientology last month -- was alarmed that Shelly Miscavige hasn't been seen publicly in 6 years. The LAPD closed out its investigation last night, and as TMZ first reported, cops say they had a face to face with Shelly. They did not indicate if they probed as to whether Shelly was being held against her will.

The Church rep calls Leah's actions "an inexcusable distraction for the LAPD."

And the Church took this shot: "Sadly, rather than move on with her life and career, Ms. Remini has aligned herself with a handful of untrustworthy, lunatic tabloid sources who obsessively harass the Church to advance their selfish agendas."

Someone is pissed.

Source:
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/09/churc...id-miscavige-shelly-miscavige-lapd-statement/

14. iHateDuplicity

iHateDuplicity Patron with Honors

Notice that the Cof$ statements over the past 24-48 hours have not been coming from Karin Bow-Wow. What's up with that? Dare we wonder whether Karin has been sent to the Dark Place for having just one too many PR flaps land on Dwarf Midget's plate? Hmmm...inqiuring minds want to know.

I would say the job of Media Relations for the Church of Scientology is a job more dangerous than deep sea diver, Alaskan fisherman or a logger. I certainly would never take it.

And by the way, Dwarf Midget and OSA, YOU GUYS are the 'inexcusable distraction' to the LAPD. You may have them fooled or paid off or whatever, but we will continue bringing the fight to your doorstep and we will not stop. Ever.

15. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

[video=youtube;xu1osoahEtc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu1osoahEtc[/video]

16. BlackRob

Kat was first :)

17. iHateDuplicity

iHateDuplicity Patron with Honors

Excellent commentary from the reporter at the end of the story, nailing it on the head. Cof$ has not answered the question and refuses to answer the question. "Where's Shelly?" The police can meet with her on demand, but no one else can. Isn't that just the weirdest thing you have ever seen?

Keep it up guys, it's a good campaign after all!

18. Idle Morgue

Investigating Scientology and its crimes are always a distraction from "clearing" bank accounts. Bitter defrocked is not going to fly one of these days.....the criminals always get caught! I hope Miscavige gets caught with all his extortion, blackmail and fraud of a religion!

19. Idle Morgue

Hubbard has a policy about "those that have to deal with enturbulating stuff like black pr, legal etc.." have to be removed to dis enturbulate" or something like that.

The reality is - Karin Pouw will get blamed by Miscavige for not handling the black pr and thrown out or in the hole!

They change this position every year - the newbie PR spokesperson does not know what happened in the past and can take it on with all that waxing enthusiasm that the "Psychs" are out to get em!

The question remains: WHERE IS SHELLY MISCAVIGE - if she is not dead - produce her!! Plain and simple!

20. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

Dessimination, I like your style nice link to Kirsty, damn what a venomous snake she has become.