What's new

Leah Remini is shooting a TV series about Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Leah Remini's TV series about Scientology premieres on November 29, at 10 pm.

Leah Remini's TV series about Scientology premieres on November 29, at 10 pm.

Hollywood Reporter: A&E's Leah Remini Show to Tackle Scientology "Abuse" and "Harassment"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ow-tackle-scientology-abuse-harassment-941846

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

A&E confirmed its new Leah Remini reality show on Thursday, offering details on her Scientology-centric series and announcing an early premiere date.

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath will premiere the first of eight hour-long episodes on Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 10 p.m. As The Hollywood Reporter first reported in September, the series was filmed over the course of the summer. It will follow the former Scientology member as she speaks with others who've left the controversial church. A release from the network said it will dive deep into stories of "abuse, heartbreak and harassment" experienced by those who have left the church.

“This series is about sharing the truth about Scientology," said Remini. "Truth born out of very personal experiences. Truth that is shocking, things I did not expect to find when I embarked on the journey of making these shows. For too long, this multi-billion-dollar organization bullied victims and journalists to prevent the truth being told. It is my hope that we shed light on information that makes the world aware of what is really going on and encourages others to speak up so the abuses can be ended forever. I hope that people who have left now feel they have a safe place to go. I hope others who have also experienced abuses will come forward and help us to do something about it."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

Leah Remini’s Scientology Docuseries Gets Premiere Date of Nov 29 at 10 pm on A&E

Leah Remini’s Scientology Docuseries Gets Premiere Date of Nov 29 at 10 pm on A&E.

Variety: Leah Remini’s Scientology Docuseries Gets Premiere Date on A&E

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/leah-remini-scientology-docuseries-november-1201902763/

“Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath,” Remini’s eight-episode docuseries about the Church of Scientology, has been given a premiere date by A&E: Nov. 29 at 10 p.m.

In the series, Remini meets and interviews former Church members, who all allege abuse and harassment by the Church. A team of former high-ranking Scientology officials helps Remini delve into these stories.

“For too long, this multi-billion-dollar organization bullied victims and journalists to prevent the truth being told,” Remini said. “It is my hope that we shed light on information that makes the world aware of what is really going on and encourages others to speak up so the abuses can be ended forever. I hope that people who have left now feel they have a safe place to go. I hope others who have also experienced abuses will come forward and help us to do something about it.”

CommunicatorIC

Press Release: A&E to premiere Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath

Press Release: A&E to premiere docuseries Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on November 29 at 10 pm ET/PT.

http://www.aenetworks.com/article/a...useries-leah-remini-scientology-and-aftermath

October 27, 2016

Megan Tantillo
[email protected]
310-556-7542

A&E NETWORK TO PREMIERE NEW ORIGINAL DOCUSERIES ‘LEAH REMINI: SCIENTOLOGY AND THE AFTERMATH’

EIGHT-EPISODE SERIES FOLLOWS LEAH REMINI AS SHE GIVES A VOICE TO FORMER MEMBERS AND HIGH RANKING INSIDERS OF THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY

PREMIERING TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29 AT 10 PM ET/PT

NEW YORK, NY – OCTOBER 27, 2016 – A&E Network will premiere the new nonfiction docuseries “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath,” which gives a voice to victims of the Church of Scientology despite public attempts to discredit them. The eight-episode, hour-long series is produced for A&E Network by The Intellectual Property Corporation (IPC). Leah Remini serves as an executive producer. “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” premieres Tuesday, November 29 at 10 PM ET/PT.

Leah Remini, along with high level former Scientology executives and Church members, delves deep into shocking stories of abuse, heartbreak and harassment experienced by those who have left the church and spoken publicly about their experiences.

“This series is about sharing the truth about Scientology. Truth born out of very personal experiences. Truth that is shocking, things I did not expect to find when I embarked on the journey of making these shows,” Remini said. “For too long, this multi-billion-dollar organization bullied victims and journalists to prevent the truth being told. It is my hope that we shed light on information that makes the world aware of what is really going on and encourages others to speak up so the abuses can be ended forever. I hope that people who have left now feel they have a safe place to go. I hope others who have also experienced abuses will come forward and help us to do something about it."

The series explores individual accounts from ex-Church members and their families through meetings and interviews with Leah. Each episode features stories from former members whose lives have been affected by the Church’s harmful practices, even well after they left the organization. Along with a team of former high-ranking Scientology insiders who understand the inner workings and policies of the organization, Leah gives the victims a chance to be heard.

"Even though I had been a member of the church for a long time, I was stunned by some of the things I learned. There is a lot more to this story than anyone knows," said Remini. "And this series is breaking ground in bringing that information to light."

Gib

Crusader
Re: Press Release: A&E to premiere Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath

can't wait!

Long live The White Rose & Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Press Release: A&E to premiere Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath

Press Release: A&E to premiere docuseries Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on November 29 at 10 pm ET/PT.

http://www.aenetworks.com/article/a...useries-leah-remini-scientology-and-aftermath

October 27, 2016

Megan Tantillo
[email protected]
310-556-7542

A&E NETWORK TO PREMIERE NEW ORIGINAL DOCUSERIES ‘LEAH REMINI: SCIENTOLOGY AND THE AFTERMATH’

EIGHT-EPISODE SERIES FOLLOWS LEAH REMINI AS SHE GIVES A VOICE TO FORMER MEMBERS AND HIGH RANKING INSIDERS OF THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY

PREMIERING TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29 AT 10 PM ET/PT

NEW YORK, NY – OCTOBER 27, 2016 – A&E Network will premiere the new nonfiction docuseries “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath,” which gives a voice to victims of the Church of Scientology despite public attempts to discredit them. The eight-episode, hour-long series is produced for A&E Network by The Intellectual Property Corporation (IPC). Leah Remini serves as an executive producer. “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” premieres Tuesday, November 29 at 10 PM ET/PT.

Leah Remini, along with high level former Scientology executives and Church members, delves deep into shocking stories of abuse, heartbreak and harassment experienced by those who have left the church and spoken publicly about their experiences.

“This series is about sharing the truth about Scientology. Truth born out of very personal experiences. Truth that is shocking, things I did not expect to find when I embarked on the journey of making these shows,” Remini said. “For too long, this multi-billion-dollar organization bullied victims and journalists to prevent the truth being told. It is my hope that we shed light on information that makes the world aware of what is really going on and encourages others to speak up so the abuses can be ended forever. I hope that people who have left now feel they have a safe place to go. I hope others who have also experienced abuses will come forward and help us to do something about it."

The series explores individual accounts from ex-Church members and their families through meetings and interviews with Leah. Each episode features stories from former members whose lives have been affected by the Church’s harmful practices, even well after they left the organization. Along with a team of former high-ranking Scientology insiders who understand the inner workings and policies of the organization, Leah gives the victims a chance to be heard.

"Even though I had been a member of the church for a long time, I was stunned by some of the things I learned. There is a lot more to this story than anyone knows," said Remini. "And this series is breaking ground in bringing that information to light."

OMG this is SOOOOOOOO THETA!! I AM VGI's!!Thank you Leah Remini and all the ES PEE's who helped!!

:hattip::clap::happydance::thankyou::thankyou::goodposting::dancer::dancer::dancer::hifive::hifive::hifive::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::buzzin::buzzin::buzzin::buzzin::buzzin::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::party::party::party::laugh::laugh::laugh::party::sing::sing::giggle::wave:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have a prediction: Despite the fact that it will only give credence to Leah's case, she will be harassed, it will be documented by Leah's film crew and appear on the show.

Gib

Crusader
I have a prediction: Despite the fact that it will only give credence to Leah's case, she will be harassed, it will be documented by Leah's film crew and appear on the show.

The PR release says other members. We don't know who they are, the COS/DM is at a loss. LOL

CommunicatorIC

In case anyone is on Instagram, and perhaps wants to add a comment:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMFvIkjgafX/

ZSoh22c.png

CommunicatorIC

Church Of Scientology Exposed? Leah Remini’s Miniseries To Reveal Scientology’s ‘Abuse' And ‘Harassment’

International Business Times: Church Of Scientology Exposed? Leah Remini’s Miniseries To Reveal Scientology’s ‘Abuse' And ‘Harassment’

http://www.ibtimes.com/church-scien...-miniseries-reveal-scientologys-abuse-2438464

Leah Remini is planning to expose the Church of Scientology with her new A&E docuseries "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath." The 46-year-old star will reveal the stories of "abuse, heartbreak and harassment" experienced by those who have left the church.

The actress, who left the church in 2013 after being a member since childhood, said that producing the eight-episode miniseries, where she interviewed alleged victims of Scientology brought things to light that she never realized about the organization.

"For too long, this multi-billion-dollar organization bullied victims and journalists to prevent the truth being told. It is my hope that we shed light on information that makes the world aware of what is really going on and encourages others to speak up," Remini said in a statement released Thursday by the network.

"Even though I had been a member of the church for a long time, I was stunned by some of the things I learned. There is a lot more to this story than anyone knows," Remini said. "And this series is breaking ground in bringing that information to light."

"Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" premieres Nov. 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on A&E.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Leah's series sounds like it will be an important step forward in chronicling the Scientology experiences of not just herself, but of many ex-members. The enticing promise of "total freedom" gradually devolves into a trap for most members, and that process is fascinating to viewers and has many variations.

Everyone experiences situations where they think they are getting into one thing, and it turns out to be something very different. Scientology institutionalizes that experience by preying on weaknesses and longings we all have at vulnerable times in our lives, with a structure which appeals to some people, while others find it shocking, disgusting, deceptive or laughable.

To the public, they advertise it as "simple tools" and promise freedom, new abilities and the promise of unlocking unlimited potential in an individual, as long as they comply. Yet it becomes a totalitarian nightmare, which makes increasing demands on person's time and financial resources.

What at first can't be discussed because it isn't allowed for a member to discuss, becomes outrageous in scope -- members believing they are the elite, the only ones who have all the answers and can save this sector of the galaxy, or are the only ones who can really help at car accidents.

People who are raised in Scientology are particularly vulnerable and trapped, and in this respect a lot of people who see what happens in Scientology should recognize some of it in the belief system they were raised, unless their parents were atheists.

Sure, Christianity is usually less extreme than Scientology today, but still, it's stuff which was made up by people, based on ancient concepts/traditions and it has very weak historical evidence, in spite of the billions of Christians, nearly a third of the planet, with all the various and sometimes warring sects. There is no documentation of the miracles performed by Jesus or the virgin birth, for example.

For the country of origin of Scientology, the U.S., Scientology reflects the celebrity worship and influence in society, which they use and try to elevate to a form of spirituality. This accounts for how a goofy cult like Scientology managed to get as far as it did.

Enter the Internet. Facts are easier to check now. People don't need to form their beliefs based on what celebrities believe, or shockingly, even what they themselves were raised to believe. Scientology becomes kind of an encapsulation of this transition, from myths and bags of goofy beliefs, to actual information, all because Scientology is one thing where the truth and documentation can be easily compared to the myths and promises. And the truth is coming out in a series like this.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Leah's series sounds like it will be an important step forward in chronicling the Scientology experiences of not just herself, but of many ex-members. The enticing promise of "total freedom" gradually devolves into a trap for most members, and that process is fascinating to viewers and has many variations.

Everyone experiences situations where they think they are getting into one thing, and it turns out to be something very different. Scientology institutionalizes that experience by preying on weaknesses and longings we all have at vulnerable times in our lives, with a structure which appeals to some people, while others find it shocking, disgusting, deceptive or laughable.

To the public, they advertise it as "simple tools" and promise freedom, new abilities and the promise of unlocking unlimited potential in an individual, as long as they comply. Yet it becomes a totalitarian nightmare, which makes increasing demands on person's time and financial resources.

What at first can't be discussed because it isn't allowed for a member to discuss, becomes outrageous in scope -- members believing they are the elite, the only ones who have all the answers and can save this sector of the galaxy, or are the only ones who can really help at car accidents.

People who are raised in Scientology are particularly vulnerable and trapped, and in this respect a lot of people who see what happens in Scientology should recognize some of it in the belief system they were raised, unless their parents were atheists.

Sure, Christianity is usually less extreme than Scientology today, but still, it's stuff which was made up by people, based on ancient concepts/traditions and it has very weak historical evidence, in spite of the billions of Christians, nearly a third of the planet, with all the various and sometimes warring sects. There is no documentation of the miracles performed by Jesus or the virgin birth, for example.

For the country of origin of Scientology, the U.S., Scientology reflects the celebrity worship and influence in society, which they use and try to elevate to a form of spirituality. This accounts for how a goofy cult like Scientology managed to get as far as it did.

Enter the Internet. Facts are easier to check now. People don't need to form their beliefs based on what celebrities believe, or shockingly, even what they themselves were raised to believe. Scientology becomes kind of an encapsulation of this transition, from myths and bags of goofy beliefs, to actual information, all because Scientology is one thing where the truth and documentation can be easily compared to the myths and promises. And the truth is coming out in a series like this.

Great post and I had a YUGE WOGNITION!!

Scientology - the science of unlocking vast sums of money in exchange for nothing but broken promises and excuses that are YOUR FAULT!

There are three other win win sides to this TV show and I feel I should make them known:

A) it is chock full of wonderful entheta about the church and it's abuses. Why wonderful? Think of all the IAS dono requests to stop this scourge. It will be a money maker for the CofS for sure.

B) it is chock full of wonderful entheta about the church and it's abuses. Why wonderful? Moxon, Fields and the other lawyers will make a killing trying to shut it down.

C) it is chock full of wonderful entheta about the church and it's abuses. Why wonderful? Moxon, Fields and the other lawyers will hire a slew of PI's to harass and follow anyone and everyone participating on camera, or otherwise connected with the show, for which they will bill mercilessly.

Miscavage, his legal beagles and PI goons are rubbing their hands together in anticipation of all that cash.

Boy, Howdy!

Mimsey

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are three other win win sides to this TV show and I feel I should make them known:

A) it is chock full of wonderful entheta about the church and it's abuses. Why wonderful? Think of all the IAS dono requests to stop this scourge. It will be a money maker for the CofS for sure.

B) it is chock full of wonderful entheta about the church and it's abuses. Why wonderful? Moxon, Fields and the other lawyers will make a killing trying to shut it down.

C) it is chock full of wonderful entheta about the church and it's abuses. Why wonderful? Moxon, Fields and the other lawyers will hire a slew of PI's to harass and follow anyone and everyone participating on camera, or otherwise connected with the show, for which they will bill mercilessly.

Miscavage, his legal beagles and PI goons are rubbing their hands together in anticipation of all that cash.

Boy, Howdy!

Mimsey

I beg to differ.

I reckon that the cult (aka Slappy McSavage) won't spend too much money on pursuing this because Drunken Maggot doesn't want to spend his money on SPs anymore unless they are directly "threatening" Him. There will be fund-raising but, as usual, it will be a bust because most of the Faithful are already sick of donating and have nothing left anyway.

It will further inoculate the general person against ever considering $cientology as anything but a toxic bullying batshit-crazy UFO cult. And it will show the human cost of what happens to someone who falls into the voracious maw of Planet Hubbard.

Altho' the cult will try to make the best of this PR-wise, in reality it will further cut their revenue and reach and make them even more toxic in the eyes of the world. More peeps get to see what we already know and more pressure builds on getting the tax-free status reviewed.

No matter how the cult has spun it, everytime there's major entheta like this, more peeps wake up and leave. Moxon may get money from it but he'll have to take the drunken ravings of Duke Miniscule as well. How good is that?