Leah Remini to Star in New TLC Reality Series

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Get ready for Leah Remini to take down Scientology

She Knows Entertainment: Get ready for Leah Remini to take down Scientology
http://www.sheknows.com/entertainme...eady-for-leah-remini-to-take-down-scientology

Excerpt:
The first episode of her upcoming reality series, which debuts July 10, will reportedly focus on a party she and her husband throw for friends who stood by them after they made their controversial exit from the church. In June of 2013, she famously stated, "Everything the church taught me was a lie."

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's a snip from www.Inquisitr.com
http://www.inquisitr.com/1317741/le...r-break-from-scientology/#HIcti2P4FLG1uYdg.01

leah_zpsa8c1dfc9.jpg

If Scientology really thought that they were going to intimidate Leah and get her to back down they're about to get a Severe Reality Adjustment. :clap:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Here's a snip from www.Inquisitr.com
http://www.inquisitr.com/1317741/le...r-break-from-scientology/#HIcti2P4FLG1uYdg.01

If Scientology really thought that they were going to intimidate Leah and get her to back down they're about to get a Severe Reality Adjustment. :clap:

Hard to believe it's less than 1 year since the Remini story became public...and yet, somehow, it seems longer. :confused2:

JB (Saw Paul Haggis' film earlier today -- very well done!)

Also -- on the subject of celebrities... a friend mentioned Kathy Griffin did a recent photo shoot with Tyler Shields. <--- scientologist, yes? :confused2:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Hard to believe it's less than 1 year since the Remini story became public...and yet, somehow, it seems longer. :confused2:

JB (Saw Paul Haggis' film earlier today -- very well done!)

Also -- on the subject of celebrities... a friend mentioned Kathy Griffin did a recent photo shoot with Tyler Shields. <--- scientologist, yes? :confused2:

Oh, I'd love if you could review Third Person. The Rotten Tomato reviews and tomatometer are awful, so I'd really appreciate a review from a different perspective.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Oh, I'd love if you could review Third Person. The Rotten Tomato reviews and tomatometer are awful, so I'd really appreciate a review from a different perspective.

I've no qualifications to review any film - really - but I can say the characters were interesting enough to hold my attention...and the interwoven stories were clever, not forced and/or formulaic. Mr. Haggis has a 'good ear' for dialogue - a talent which served every actor in the film very well. I'd not previously been acquainted with Kim Basinger's work, but her performance hit a few soft, nuanced notes I appreciated as a viewer.

The theater held about 200 people -- 150 seats were filled. Everyone clapped as the credits rolled and that's not the norm for NY audiences.

JB <---Knows nothing about films. Theater? Yep!

#NowPlayingMichelleShocked #TheTitanic #HelloHopeville #CaptainSwing4Ever

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Leah Remini - TLC Series: "It's All Relative" Premieres July 10, 2014 - Tonight

It's All Relative (Leah Remini's reality TV show) will premiere on Thursday, July 10 @ 10:00 p.m. (9:00 CST) on the TLC channel.

No word yet whether the show will have...
A theme song.
Or a Twitter account.
Or a blog.

JB <----Unimpressed with TLC/show producers' non-existent marketing efforts to date. :whistling:

Gentle reminder...

Tonight is the one-hour premiere broadcast of It's All Relative, Leah Remini's reality TV show on the TLC cable channel @ 10:00 p.m. (9:00 CST).

Wonder if any of the guests @ the Remini party* are familiar to folks here @ ESMB?
(*Most of the recent MSM coverage mentions the party's theme - celebration at having left Co$ - and the attendees are said to be those who embraced the family's decision to depart en masse.)

FYI, TVLand has still not renewed Kirstie Alley's show, Kirstie, for a 2nd season. :neener:

JB

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: Leah Remini - TLC Series: "It's All Relative" Premieres July 10, 2014 - Tonight

Gentle reminder...

Tonight is the one-hour premiere broadcast of It's All Relative, Leah Remini's reality TV show on the TLC cable channel @ 10:00 p.m. (9:00 CST).

Wonder if any of the guests @ the Remini party* are familiar to folks here @ ESMB?
(*Most of the recent MSM coverage mentions the party's theme - celebration at having left Co$ - and the attendees are said to be those who embraced the family's decision to depart en masse.)

FYI, TVLand has still not renewed Kirstie Alley's show, Kirstie, for a 2nd season. :neener:

I hardly ever watch TV but going to make an exception for this! :yes:

Pheryn

Patron with Honors

Gentle reminder...

JB

:omg: Thanks for the reminder! Will DEFINITELY be tuning in. :yes:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Leah Remini - TLC Reality Series - Premiere's Tonight @ 10:00

Oops, forgot to put this in my earlier post - sorry!

It's only been a year - give or take - so I wonder* if any scio-speak terms/phrases will be used by any member of the Remini family on the show?
(Whether in tonight's double episode or in the weeks ahead.)

JB

*Because my roomie suggested he'll do a shot if anyone on the show says "clear", "theta", "dilettante", or "whole-track".
I agreed to drink a shot of whatever liquor he chooses (uh-oh!) if the word "cult" is spoken by anyone on the show.
#PleaseDoNotChooseGalliano

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

I agreed to drink a shot of whatever liquor he chooses (uh-oh!) if the word "cult" is spoken by anyone on the show.

I drink very little these days but will do 5 shots if Kirstie appears as a guest. :biggrin:

Pheryn

Patron with Honors

Oops, forgot to put this in my earlier post - sorry!

It's only been a year - give or take - so I wonder* if any scio-speak terms/phrases will be used by any member of the Remini family on the show?
(Whether in tonight's double episode or in the weeks ahead.)

JB

*Because my roomie suggested he'll do a shot if anyone on the show says "clear", "theta", "dilettante", or "whole-track".
Ya know, Leah had 2 reality shows on VH1 about ten'ish years ago. Well, not really shows but more like specials, I guess.The first was all about the lead up to her wedding (and actual wedding) and the second was about her pregnancy and birth of her daughter. Nothing scio-related or speak was uttered AT ALL in either. It's gonna be interesting to see how much --or little-- is in THIS show. I have a feeling it won't be as much as folks are hoping for.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

Ya know, Leah had 2 reality shows on VH1 about ten'ish years ago. Well, not really shows but more like specials, I guess.The first was all about the lead up to her wedding (and actual wedding) and the second was about her pregnancy and birth of her daughter. Nothing scio-related or speak was uttered AT ALL in either. It's gonna be interesting to see how much --or little-- is in THIS show. I have a feeling it won't be as much as folks are hoping for.

Re: my bold above.

I suspect you're 100% correct, Pheryn.

And while I can understand why she doesn't want to be pigeon-holed as 'that-tv-actress-who-hates-scientology', I'm not at all sure why she doesn't instead wrap her arms around that label and educate the public-at-large about the abusive policies + practices of Co$ and, for that matter, all cults.
I think she's missing a very real, and very noble, opportunity to broaden her fan base + employment opportunities. The public-at-large, imo, would appreciate her straight-shooter style about this topic...because, frankly, they've already seen her as the wise-cracking wife. Reinvention is the secret ingredient of all long-term careers. :yes:

JB

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
They're getting ready for the party and Leah said something like:
"I don't know if everyone knows but we've recently left Scientology and we're being shunned by most of our family and friends"

Then after the break they sat around the table and talked about disconnection.

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
Darn it! I had to go over to the neighbors to help with re-bandaging of her hand (she cut it pretty badly on the 4th and I've been helping her care for it. *former paramedic*) and I missed it, BUT, I do have it on the DVR. Will watch soon!

Pheryn

Patron with Honors

Re: my bold above.

I suspect you're 100% correct, Pheryn.

And while I can understand why she doesn't want to be pigeon-holed as 'that-tv-actress-who-hates-scientology', I'm not at all sure why she doesn't instead wrap her arms around that label and educate the public-at-large about the abusive policies + practices of Co$ and, for that matter, all cults.
I think she's missing a very real, and very noble, opportunity to broaden her fan base + employment opportunities. The public-at-large, imo, would appreciate her straight-shooter style about this topic...because, frankly, they've already seen her as the wise-cracking wife. Reinvention is the secret ingredient of all long-term careers. :yes:

JB

Totally derped and didn't quote this in my post above, ahh well.

I agree, I think Leah is in a VERY unique situation. But, I also know that Leah was in Scientology pretty much all of her life and her family has been in for a very long time. I think it's going to take some time for them to decompress and figure out where they stand. Leah's a tough cookie and filing that missing persons report on Shelly was AH-MAY-ZING. I do sort of wonder though if that was a sort of reaction and now she's trying to think her next moves through abit more carefully and find just the right way and platform.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

Totally derped and didn't quote this in my post above, ahh well.

I agree, I think Leah is in a VERY unique situation. But, I also know that Leah was in Scientology pretty much all of her life and her family has been in for a very long time. I think it's going to take some time for them to decompress and figure out where they stand. Leah's a tough cookie and filing that missing persons report on Shelly was AH-MAY-ZING. I do sort of wonder though if that was a sort of reaction and now she's trying to think her next moves through abit more carefully and find just the right way and platform.

Excellent points, Pheryn, and I didn't mean to be dismissive or disdainful of the progress she & her family have made thus far on their journey.

Filing the missing persons report to determine Shelly Miscavige's well-being/whereabouts was an extraordinary event for a number of important reasons that have previously been discussed here @ ESMB + other sites. (Ex. Would Vanity Fair magazine have published an article about Mrs. Miscavige if not for that report? Nope.)

What struck me back then was how quickly the MSM grabbed/published that story and, in comparison, how slowly Co$ responded.
Obviously, Co$ upper mgmt has no understanding of the speed & breadth of the internet, (<---- huge understatement!) but the most significant result, imo, was that it showed Co$ upper mgmt that while they did 'prove' to LA police Mrs. Miscavige was safe, they did not prove it to the general public & the MSM.

Did David Miscavige anticipate the missing persons report + its resultant media fireworks @ that time? I don't think he did.
More importantly, however, I think he intuited, from that one event, that he failed... publicly and spectacularly.
Last summer, international media outlets (finally!) used words like "creepy" and "cult" and "bizarre" and "moonbat" with the word "scientology" very close by.

That missing persons report news story provided David Miscavige & Co$ upper mgmt with an unpleasant experience about 2 things: the power of Leah Remini's celebrity status and the high value placed upon that status by 1000s of MSM outlets across the world.
Dread, a simple, yet oh-so-subtly insidious human feeling, has, imo, accompanied every new day that has come since that story blew up for David Miscavige & every person within the upper mgmt @ Co$. They're all feeling it. :yes:

JB